The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Unpleasant Truths...

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
The State of Illinois has over $200B in unfunded pension liabilities and hasn't had a budget it nearly 3 years. It is already one of the most highest taxed states in the union and suffers a mass exodus of residents.

But don't worry, I'm sure this mess will fix itself by doubling-down on the same policies that got them there.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
From our own media section via @jasoncuellar123 ...

full

And they even have the GALL to TAX the FEE itself...

Fee: $121
Another Fee on the Fee (Tax): $2.84.

Why not Tax, the Tax on the Fee and go 3 levels deep?

HayesTech

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
306%
Sep 5, 2016
Here is my idea..

Post an unpleasant truth, and just maybe it will inspire a FTE (F*ck this event) for a fellow forum member. The only rule is that the information posted is factual and unpleasant.

I'll start it off...

The U.S military lost $6.5 trillion dollars due to "accounting mistakes" in 2016.

Almantas

Nothing to Lose
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
475%
Dec 21, 2015
Ireland
Statistics show that if you read this, you're most likely never going to be a succesful enterpreneur during your entire life, whether you like it or not, numbers don't lie.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ALE-L21 met Tapatalk
Statistically speaking, there's a 99.9% chance that you don't have a clue what you just wrote.

mindfulimmortal

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas
The State of Illinois has over $200B in unfunded pension liabilities and hasn't had a budget it nearly 3 years. It is already one of the most highest taxed states in the union and suffers a mass exodus of residents.

But don't worry, I'm sure this mess will fix itself by doubling-down on the same policies that got them there.
One of the golden nuggets of TFM and Unscripted is the basic concept of Events vs Process (good strategic mental focus with repeated habits) Seems like this is the root cause so many issues that individuals, families, companies and governments violate. When accountability doesn't come until later, short term decisions/events are made at the cost of long term results.

"Illinois got to this financially treacherous place by ignoring the long-term consequences of short-term decision-making," said Laurence Msall, the president of Civic Federation, a budget watchdog organization "Rather than dealing with the problem, Illinois continued to reward the state's powerful unions with more generous benefits." "The massive pension liability results from a chronic tendency to defer difficult decisions," said Ted Hampton, who as a senior credit officer at Moody's will help decide whether to downgrade Illinois into junk."

I see this as a great opportunity for entrepreneurs and small business. As large corporate companies become greedy knowing the cost of everything but the value of nothing and "race to the bottom" with cost cutting and demanding more for less, an unmet need of quality services and products becomes Blue Waters for those willing to listen to and meet the customers needs. You can't compete on price with the corporate world but you can compete on design.

Digamma

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Nov 13, 2014
Statistics show that if you read this, you're most likely never going to be a succesful enterpreneur during your entire life, whether you like it or not, numbers don't lie.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ALE-L21 met Tapatalk
Unpleasant truth: unless you have made a statistical study of users of this forum who read the Off Topic section, applying general population statistics to a non-random sample only means you don't understand statistics and should beware from using it to guide your decisions. Numbers do lie if you don't know what they mean.

Unpleasant truth: saying that videogames/movies/tv shows/parties/drugs/anything are 100% a waste of time that can't be vowen in a successful life is simply projection and probably means you are boring and no fun to hang with. All it takes is one example of successful person that engages in those acts (and come on, the world is full), and the idea is disproven by definition. Therefore holding it is illogical and completely rooted in ego.

Christopher777

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Jun 13, 2017
Manila, Philippines
Unpleasant truth :

Until you just go and do what you have to do, it doesn't seem much fun to go and do it. Heck, it even feels painful to even think about it, so you distract yourself. And you know that time is ticking. Precious time is ticking.

Pleasant truth :

If you just went ahead and did it, you soon realize that it feels SO DAMN GOOD to have been really productive. And you know that you're gonna be unstoppable if you just keep doing it.

Unpleasant truth :

You have to undergo the same process every single time.

Chromozone

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
303%
Oct 28, 2015
United Kingdom
Your life is a direct consequence of the decisions you've made.

(However, the decisions that you make now don’t need to be influenced by what you’ve done in the past. Every decision going forward is an opportunity to change.)

(Sorry I can't help but be a tad positive! :blush:)

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Unpleasant truths:

The market doesn’t pay for activity.

The market doesn’t pay for the hours you put in.

The market doesn’t pay for your clever planning.

The market doesn’t pay for the books you read or courses you took.

The market doesn’t pay for the degree you got or your education.

The market doesn’t pay for input.

The market only pays for output, and even then it’s not just any old output. It has to be output the market wants and is willing to pay for.

“You can’t invoice for input.” (Blaise Brosnan)

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
Same here in California, I just got my registration renewal and my car is 13 years old. I pay $109.

Registration fee:$80
License fee: $22
County/District Fees: $7
:happy:

And they still want to tax more. It's a never ending talk about more taxes.

Can you imagine how much commercial vehicles pay? I heard the average is around $900. :jawdrop:

workinprogress

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Nov 7, 2015

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
There is no such thing as balance.
There is no such thing as part time.

Try to go on a Fastlane while trying to strike a balance...

It F*cking won't work.
That is why I'm discontinuing my tertiary education which will force my frameworks of execution centering around 'balance'.

'Go for clubs'
'Take time off!'
'Work your way up slowly. Don't rush into stuff.'
'Make everyone in your office happy, They will love you.'

I screwed clubs time for my college to work on my biz although it's mandatory...but it was worth it. I had to do it. Otherwise I wouldn't make it. I wouldn't be able to interact, make connections, learn from mistakes in the real word. But even then it is still not enough.

I actually thought of going for a degree so that I might have more opportunities...but these days I see that even 'opportunity' as peddled by college dogmas might as well be contaminated into a Script.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Video games are a POINTLESS waste of your life.

While I "generally" agree with you, it would NOT be classified as an unpleasant truth because it's debatable with some gray areas. Some gamers are very talented in the IT world.

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
Unpleasant truth: More money means you're more likely to live a happy and healthy life. "Money doesn't buy happiness," is something the poor tell themselves to feel to cope with their scarcity of resources.

becks22

90% coffee, 10% everything else
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
271%
Jul 6, 2016
Upstate NY
I have read multiple sources that show cancer is mostly diet/ lifestyle related and only about 5% due to genetics. Curious on where you got your info from? That's why diet/ lifestyle is so important to me because breast cancer runs in my family.

workinprogress

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Nov 7, 2015
"Congress submits bill making it illegal to hold cash, Bitcoin, or other assets outside of a bank without informing them in writing"
wow. Just googled it and found this was real. THIS MAKES ME SO ANGRY. Of course it's all about "terrorism financing"

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Christopher777

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Jun 13, 2017
Manila, Philippines
I know, I was addicted to Call Of Duty for a good year or two of my life. I failed out of college because of my addiction.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Those were cool games. I finished most of them when I was running my computer shop.

Anyway, I agree man. As I grew older I found myself distancing from "purely for entertainment purposes" stuff, unless it's "F*ck you, i'll do whatever the hell I want I'm RELAXING" time. (Similar to MJ's F*ck you money).

Here's something I realized : It's none of my business how other people run their lives. And that I'd love them to observe the same principle when dealing with me. I would love it for everyone to be this way. We're not baby kids anymore. We know what to do. And yet some people... Uh, I won't even go there.

It's none of my business how people spend their time. Wether they play video games or sit in a cubicle for decades.

Video games and TV are there for a purpose. They're for entertainment and relaxation. Typing this doesn't mean that I spend countless hours watching TV or play video games. I don't.

My point is : It's their life. They're totally entitled to it. We are being biased here because it's true that we KNOW BETTER now. (It's sort of a self-reinforcing thing.)

And they don't know any better. There are many ways to help them. But first, we must help ourselves. (We'd love for everyone to do that too right)

Any time of day you can choose to do what you want. Stand up and walk away from your job, play pokemon all day, eat whatever you like and binge on alcohol, gamble, read, lurk on a forum, work out, procrastinate, concentrate, etc. whatever

Just make sure that you'll take responsibility for whatever happens. Not many of us do that. So, it's a global challenge.

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
For those people who feel "cheated" by not getting a high enough raise every year:

"You don't have 20 years of experience. You have 1 year repeated 20 times."

HayesTech

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
306%
Sep 5, 2016
"Congress submits bill making it illegal to hold cash, Bitcoin, or other assets outside of a bank without informing them in writing"

Christopher777

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Jun 13, 2017
Manila, Philippines

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.