The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Trying to leave school to work at fastlane (first step: parental independence)

João Luz

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jan 15, 2019
Brasil
Hi, my name is João Victor and i'm from Brazil, and have 15 to 16 years old (in the school system of Brazil i'm like in the medium of high scool). No, i dont speak english fluently (actualy i am using the google translate lol), so i dont read the unscripted yeat, but already readed the fastlane way of millionares (and obsviouly changed my perspective and vision about money, freedom and entepreneurship).

So... what i did (or are doing) about the financial freedom?

First i would like to score that i hate school (a lot), so think that we have thinks, likes and preferences and coercitivly the system makes we waste time with things like "grammar" or history and 15 other matters (in resume: all that is uselless because we dont have the freedom of choose). I can write a very long article about this, but, in this momment, isn't my intention...

So my first Idea about entepreunership start before i read MJ De Marco (i have like 12 years)... and it was about quantum technology, just because i I thought it was cool, in this time i just see self-help videos "how to become succesful" and etc... i was lost... there was no one to teach me things or say i'm doing it wrong. In one of these videos i saw a resume about the book of MJ (i alread read mindset of Carol Dweck to, that is the two books pilars off my life).

Exactly in this period (that is... last year literally lol) i I decided that I would learn to program because it caters to all CENTS (Although I had a desire for computer science, I had started programming before and thought it was a pain, but that MJ comment about "do what you love" convinced me) It wasn't easy because the first day I started I had to go past 23:00, I wake up every day from 4:05hrs, not because I saw a self-help video, but because my bus goes 5 hours, yes, I hate it all obviously, and it's killing me. But this hatred motivated me to try everything to get out of school and get my freedom.

On vacation I won a computer and played a lot of league of legends, but I definitely stopped (literally, I haven't played a game casually in 8 months, which is almost the time I won the computer). I studied every vacation, but almost at the beginning of class, some friends of mine convinced me to get rich with digital marketing (Yes, I fell into the get rich quick bait). I sell my Xbox one for "600 R$".

I invested 300 R$ in traffic to affiliates, and the other half in gifts ... yes I had a lot of damage, was very lay in marketing, I think I had a month of beginning in this period...

After like 3 months my He has a Krav Maga academy, but he doesn't know it and also finds it boring to do digital marketing. At that moment I realized that even though I started for the wrong reason in digital marketing ... people need it, they need someone who can build the 0 process, guide content, measure and invest correctly in traffic.

I earn 50 reais per student I bring (1 dollar = ~ 4.10 R$ reais), I earned about 400 reais in 4 months of work, even seeing courses, testing ideas ... it is difficult to reconcile with the school, I have a goal of earning 3,000 a month by the end of the year.

i will currently compete with a team at google campus in sao paulo with a donation app prototype.

Thankyou for reading

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

MitchM

Act. Then Adapt.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
228%
Nov 15, 2016
Atlanta, GA
So your goal is to use digital marketing to start earning some money?

I recommend that as your skills improve, you continue contacting small businesses like the one that you are working with and see how you can help them out.

That way you have more clients bringing you multiple streams of income.

João Luz

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jan 15, 2019
Brasil
So your goal is to use digital marketing to start earning some money?

I recommend that as your skills improve, you continue contacting small businesses like the one that you are working with and see how you can help them out.

That way you have more clients bringing you multiple streams of income.

Thanks A lot for the answer!

Yes, when I started in digital marketing it was with the idea of making easy money, after I realized that I can make money because people NEED marketing... I make money in proportion to the amount of clients I bring.

I'm worried because besides not supporting school, I will have to go to college if things don't work out

After that, I started studying data driven, and in the future I plan to work on a marketing data analytics system (because people need it too).

I think people didn't trust me without great results, one of the reasons my dad convinced me to work for him is because I need a case ... Do you think it would be good for me to prospect other clients anyway?

MitchM

Act. Then Adapt.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
228%
Nov 15, 2016
Atlanta, GA
Thanks A lot for the answer!

Yes, when I started in digital marketing it was with the idea of making easy money, after I realized that I can make money because people NEED marketing... I make money in proportion to the amount of clients I bring.

I'm worried because besides not supporting school, I will have to go to college if things don't work out

After that, I started studying data driven, and in the future I plan to work on a marketing data analytics system (because people need it too).

I think people didn't trust me without great results, one of the reasons my dad convinced me to work for him is because I need a case ... Do you think it would be good for me to prospect other clients anyway?
Yes, grow your skills. I won’t give advice on whether or not to go to school because that’s your decision and is a big one.

The way you need to get clients when you’re starting out is by offering to help them get new customers. They only pay you whatever percentage when you bring new clients in.

This makes it no risk for them. You’re basically offering to improve their business at no loss. Many will be receptive to this offer. Then you’ll get your results, improve your skills, and be better equipped to sell your services.

João Luz

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jan 15, 2019
Brasil
Yes, grow your skills. I won’t give advice on whether or not to go to school because that’s your decision and is a big one.

The way you need to get clients when you’re starting out is by offering to help them get new customers. They only pay you whatever percentage when you bring new clients in.

This makes it no risk for them. You’re basically offering to improve their business at no loss. Many will be receptive to this offer. Then you’ll get your results, improve your skills, and be better equipped to sell your services.

Yep, i think that i have to start prospect new business, I feel more sure now.

Thanks again!

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Hey João, welcome to the Forum!

Really hope you keep sharing updates with us and im Looking forward to hearing about your progress ;)

If you have any specific questions, feel free to PM me at anytime.

Best
Champion

João Luz

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jan 15, 2019
Brasil
Hey João, welcome to the Forum!

Really hope you keep sharing updates with us and im Looking forward to hearing about your progress ;)

If you have any specific questions, feel free to PM me at anytime.

Best
Champion
Thanks! Right now I'm working on presenting my app idea in the championship

If I win, I will have 3 months of consulting and I will launch in the market. If not, I will start the marketing agency

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...