The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Trust Yourself

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
One of the most important things is learning to trust yourself. Trusting you know what is best for you. The journey of becoming and Entrepreneur has been marvelous. And at the same time, I've taken a break the last few months, to tear apart what I started, and focus on one thing.

If anything I've learned in here, is re-invent yourself as many times as takes. Fail as fast as you can, and through trial and error you learn in the process. What was the break about? Learning to balance my life. Sure entrepreneurship can take my life 24/7. I think sometimes you do have to step away from things, to get a clearer picture. Evaluate the situation, come up with a better plan and strategy.

My biggest obstacle was trusting other people. I suppose hanging out with horses, they mirror the condition of your heart. What you're afraid of always reflects in how they react with you.

Are your ready to rumble? I know I'm ready, and fast lane as prepared my way. And I know it's time to read the Fastlane book once more. It's time to run the last few laps, before getting to the finish line, and entrance to success.

Sidewalkers come in here believing it happens over night. It's truly a process like M.J. stated. And your heart has to be in it 100%. Sometimes you fall off your horse in the race, and so it happen at the end of the year, but always for good reason. Perhaps you're looking in the wrong direction, and have to change a lot more about yourself even though you thought you already changed everything.

I will say, there's always something to be learned, and change is an opportunity to challenge yourself to go higher and higher. Raise the bar, and grind even harder.

As an Introvert that's been a difficult road, but it's funny the more you push yourself through the fears, the more you find the hidden keys to success. And it is always moving forward and through whatever you are allowing to block yourself from reaching your goal.

In the past I've lost everything there is to lose. And what is there to gain? Everything in the world. And at the same time looking back over the journey I see the patterns, behaviors, and lessons and it always comes down to this, if you do the same thing you've always done, you will get the same results.

Trust is a funny thing. What we want is freedom. What we want is stability. What we want is security. And walking with the horses, I think I understood through it all, the earth never moves from beneath your feet. Its always stable, secure, and while we would love other people to hold us up. In this world you have to hold yourself up. Independent, strong minded, manage your emotions, and discipline yourself. Negative emotions, negative thoughts, negative feelings will never get you anywhere in this world. Trust everything will happen in the right timing, place, and when everything is in order. I know when I started in here, I wanted things to happen fast. And it just doesn't. I've succeeded and at the same time failed. And both teach you important lessons.

In the beginning of the entrepreneur journey in here, I understood I was being triggered by a lot of things, at the same time I understood it was building character. And while at times its been uncomfortable, I always got the feeling I was running with the best, and learning to be a business woman with integrity and respect.

As a business entrepreneur there is always competition. It's easy to compare yourself to others, and that's something you can do. Take your eyes off your competitors and just be your authentic self. Believe in you, and know you have what it takes to be successful.

If anything I've learned in here, every step of the way is one step closer, and a thousand more steps to move towards building real wealth. I think sometimes people don't realize how much Entrepreneurship tests your character, your drive, your ambition, your devotion, and whether you really want it all, or just going to flop. And as M.J. stated at some point with his book, he wanted to give up. lol I've had that thought hundreds of times along the way, but I don't give up. It's not even an option and even in my vocabulary.

Why do I love becoming a true entrepreneur, because I know the only way you make it is by stripping away every thing from your life that doesn't work, and rebuilding, inventing, creating, and problem solving. It's not for everyone, and I can see why. So, if you're a sidewalker, ask yourself whether you're going to trust the process, the challenges, and the journey, or give up before you even start.

Entrepreneurship will reveal every weakness inside of you and make it your greatest strength. It's incredible if you choose to travel this road. It's about personal growth as much as becoming a success in business.

It requires you to trust yourself, rely on yourself, and stand on your own two feet. It's your journey. No one else can walk it for you, or make it happen for you. There is no excuse not to succeed, but yourself. There is no obstacle big enough to stop you, nor mountain big enough, it's only you stopping you.

I encourage you to dive into entrepreneurship if you're serious about reaching your greatness and meeting the genius inside. At the same time I decided to take a break, because the ego can get in the way, and I think for some that is good, but for me I find it's better to have balance, or you end up swinging to much one way or the other with negative results.

Trust yourself, trust you know what's best for you. For me I took a break. lol And have a fresher perspective things now, and ready for the challenge of 2016 and soar this year. Take what I learned for the last few years in here, and now that I've practiced in 2015, lmao. I guess I know how things work a little bit better. So lets see what I can do this year. :) Hope this was inspiring for others. :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.

BaraQueenbee

tiny
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
Sep 14, 2015
Scottsdale, AZ
Great write Mattie, thank you.

Good to see you again, and very inspirational~!!

beatgoezon

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Aug 31, 2013
Inspiring? Yes, it was... It was something that spoke to me directly. Thanks for writing this out @Mattie.

I doubt myself a lot ever since the honeymoon period of entrepreneurship ended. I'll put faith into the process, because there are many living proofs on this forum like you who've shown that in the end when you've been through the hard knocks and lessons, things will pick up in time

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Inspiring? Yes, it was... It was something that spoke to me directly. Thanks for writing this out @Mattie.

I doubt myself a lot ever since the honeymoon period of entrepreneurship ended. I'll put faith into the process, because there are many living proofs on this forum like you who've shown that in the end when you've been through the hard knocks and lessons, things will pick up in time

Keep going my friend. Glad I can inspire you. It's what we need sometimes is support and someone to challenge us to to climb to the top. The hard knocks of life is where you learn it all. One of the amazing things is looking back and seeing the results of your character development and personal development it's remarkable. Especially being an Introvert, you learn to be a fighter every step of the way.

The self-doubt is something you have to learn to discipline and not allow it to steal your self-confidence. Focus on your strengths, instead of your weaknesses. It's 100% believing in yourself regardless of what other say or do around you. It's kind of like being a jockey in a horse race, you always have to keep an eye on where you're going, and not look in back of you or to the side of you, but always straight forward.

I always say it's enough to worry about your thoughts, actions, and words. Leave the rest to other people to figure out for themselves. There are times you lose in life, and fail in life. And you have no control over what others do. You just have to let go, and trust everything will work out in the end for the best. I know lots of times when I look back on my life, I know that things happened for a reason. While I didn't like the ending of a chapter in my life. I recognized most of my life there are always lessons in everything you do. And every person you meet whether it's friends, lovers, woman or men, or co-workers, there always teach you about your self.

The sidewalk and slowlane to a degree teach some things, but they don't touch what Entreprneurship does. It teaches you something completely different. It stretches your horizon as well as facing every fear imaginable and you really have to move pass other people in life. I remember plenty of times having to let go of friends, just because they would hold me back from learning and growing. And I think that's the thing people can be teachers in many different ways.

They can teach you too look at the dark side and the light side of your psyche. And it something you have to accept and make peace with in yourself. And it is bringing yourself into balance always. Self-doubt can make you come spiraling down, but there's a certain point where you've learned to discipline yourself enough that even if you doubt for a few minutes you should turn yourself back around in the right direction.

This just comes with practice, and also learning what your triggers are and desensitize yourself by putting yourself in situations where you have to continuously face and confront what you fear the most. Once you overcome those fears and triggers you won't have such a hard time getting through future ones. I think when you're just starting out you're unsure of yourself and whether you can push through the obstacles. It is a very weak place at the beginning. And it's like training in any sport. If you're not used to training and using your muscles then of course you have growing pains. The more you train the smoother it gets.

Last edited by a moderator:

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
One of the most important things is learning to trust yourself. Trusting you know what is best for you. The journey of becoming and Entrepreneur has been marvelous. And at the same time, I've taken a break the last few months, to tear apart what I started, and focus on one thing.

If anything I've learned in here, is re-invent yourself as many times as takes. Fail as fast as you can, and through trial and error you learn in the process. What was the break about? Learning to balance my life. Sure entrepreneurship can take my life 24/7. I think sometimes you do have to step away from things, to get a clearer picture. Evaluate the situation, come up with a better plan and strategy.

My biggest obstacle was trusting other people. I suppose hanging out with horses, they mirror the condition of your heart. What you're afraid of always reflects in how they react with you.

Are your ready to rumble? I know I'm ready, and fast lane as prepared my way. And I know it's time to read the Fastlane book once more. It's time to run the last few laps, before getting to the finish line, and entrance to success.

Sidewalkers come in here believing it happens over night. It's truly a process like M.J. stated. And your heart has to be in it 100%. Sometimes you fall off your horse in the race, and so it happen at the end of the year, but always for good reason. Perhaps you're looking in the wrong direction, and have to change a lot more about yourself even though you thought you already changed everything.

I will say, there's always something to be learned, and change is an opportunity to challenge yourself to go higher and higher. Raise the bar, and grind even harder.

As an Introvert that's been a difficult road, but it's funny the more you push yourself through the fears, the more you find the hidden keys to success. And it is always moving forward and through whatever you are allowing to block yourself from reaching your goal.

In the past I've lost everything there is to lose. And what is there to gain? Everything in the world. And at the same time looking back over the journey I see the patterns, behaviors, and lessons and it always comes down to this, if you do the same thing you've always done, you will get the same results.

Trust is a funny thing. What we want is freedom. What we want is stability. What we want is security. And walking with the horses, I think I understood through it all, the earth never moves from beneath your feet. Its always stable, secure, and while we would love other people to hold us up. In this world you have to hold yourself up. Independent, strong minded, manage your emotions, and discipline yourself. Negative emotions, negative thoughts, negative feelings will never get you anywhere in this world. Trust everything will happen in the right timing, place, and when everything is in order. I know when I started in here, I wanted things to happen fast. And it just doesn't. I've succeeded and at the same time failed. And both teach you important lessons.

In the beginning of the entrepreneur journey in here, I understood I was being triggered by a lot of things, at the same time I understood it was building character. And while at times its been uncomfortable, I always got the feeling I was running with the best, and learning to be a business woman with integrity and respect.

As a business entrepreneur there is always competition. It's easy to compare yourself to others, and that's something you can do. Take your eyes off your competitors and just be your authentic self. Believe in you, and know you have what it takes to be successful.

If anything I've learned in here, every step of the way is one step closer, and a thousand more steps to move towards building real wealth. I think sometimes people don't realize how much Entrepreneurship tests your character, your drive, your ambition, your devotion, and whether you really want it all, or just going to flop. And as M.J. stated at some point with his book, he wanted to give up. lol I've had that thought hundreds of times along the way, but I don't give up. It's not even an option and even in my vocabulary.

Why do I love becoming a true entrepreneur, because I know the only way you make it is by stripping away every thing from your life that doesn't work, and rebuilding, inventing, creating, and problem solving. It's not for everyone, and I can see why. So, if you're a sidewalker, ask yourself whether you're going to trust the process, the challenges, and the journey, or give up before you even start.

Entrepreneurship will reveal every weakness inside of you and make it your greatest strength. It's incredible if you choose to travel this road. It's about personal growth as much as becoming a success in business.

It requires you to trust yourself, rely on yourself, and stand on your own two feet. It's your journey. No one else can walk it for you, or make it happen for you. There is no excuse not to succeed, but yourself. There is no obstacle big enough to stop you, nor mountain big enough, it's only you stopping you.

I encourage you to dive into entrepreneurship if you're serious about reaching your greatness and meeting the genius inside. At the same time I decided to take a break, because the ego can get in the way, and I think for some that is good, but for me I find it's better to have balance, or you end up swinging to much one way or the other with negative results.

Trust yourself, trust you know what's best for you. For me I took a break. lol And have a fresher perspective things now, and ready for the challenge of 2016 and soar this year. Take what I learned for the last few years in here, and now that I've practiced in 2015, lmao. I guess I know how things work a little bit better. So lets see what I can do this year. :) Hope this was inspiring for others. :)
Wow. Great message @Mattie, and very well written.

That was my biggest learning last year... "I am enough."

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Thank you Andy! Yes, seems I've been a little bit behind you along the way.
Here's another video. :)

Sean Haddad

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Jun 8, 2016

Wow Mattie, what a wonderful post. Your words definitely resonate with me, especially these. I'm currently a "slow laner", but I have always been focused on personal growth since a child. I'm obsessed with learning, growing, improving, and growing stronger every day. I've maintained the growth mindset despite my entire environment (family, friends, school, etc) being very static in their approach. I don't know why, it's just my nature.

I never thought entrepreneurship was for me. I am also a very private and introverted person. My brother is the entrepreneur. He was always incredibly outgoing and social, and can very easily make loyal friends. He was always moving from some MLM to the next. So I looked at him as what an entrepreneur looks and acts like.

But after the dust settled from finishing my degree, I've had lots of time to think and really analyze myself. My strengths and my likes seem to line up with the entrepreneur lifestyle, and my incapability to be satisfied with the rigidity of the 9-5 has made me change my mind. I'm still stuck in this job for the time being, but hopefully I can get out of it by the beginning of next year.

Cheers to our efforts!

"Live and die by the grind driven by the fist"
- Brother Ali

JokerCrazyBeatz

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 1, 2016
What do you do when you come to the "what do i do next" stage ? You know the process . learn . apply what you learned. But many times once you apply what you've learned nothing happens then u go to the "what do i do next" . Do u have any suggestions for maybe a simpler way to ease through this phase ?

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
What do you do when you come to the "what do i do next" stage ?
What do I do next? This has been a question various times in my life. Same as How do I get from here at this point to the next point. I think that is the challenge and mystery of uncertainty. You never know until you move forward, evaluate your options, problem solve, see what you've done before, what doesn't work, and try something new. I think you don't know if you're always in the right direction, but taking action and failing fast usually gives you some type of answer. Where do you need to discipline your self? What kind of habits do you need to break? Are fears and anxiety getting in the way? How about self-limiting beliefs or negative self-talk? What you do next depends on what you believe?

JokerCrazyBeatz

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 1, 2016
What do I do next? This has been a question various times in my life. Same as How do I get from here at this point to the next point. I think that is the challenge and mystery of uncertainty. You never know until you move forward, evaluate your options, problem solve, see what you've done before, what doesn't work, and try something new. I think you don't know if you're always in the right direction, but taking action and failing fast usually gives you some type of answer. Where do you need to discipline your self? What kind of habits do you need to break? Are fears and anxiety getting in the way? How about self-limiting beliefs or negative self-talk? What you do next depends on what you believe?
This is really good advice , thank you alot

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.