The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Too many checks to use a virtual mailbox. Any ideas/suggestions?

SPM_ENT

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
232%
Aug 1, 2017
Los Angeles
Hey everyone,

Right now I'm getting about 100+ checks a month for payment for services. It's only increasing monthly as we grow and it's becoming a bigger job to receive and deposit them. It's also not possible to receive other forms of payments as the checks come from large companies and we can't dictate their payment methods. Even rewarding them with discounts for paying other ways doesn't work.

8312d9b6-c5ab-424f-b44d-b091cddac593_text.gif

I'm moving that responsibility to our Financial Controller and now need to have the company's mailing address for checks changed so she can receive them. However, she works from home and doesn't want her home address used as the company's.

I've looked into virtual mailboxes and to deposit checks it's about $2/check which our Controller will still have to review and match to invoices. To forward the mail its about $5/day and will ad 2-3 days to receive checks. Both options are not ideal but I still may go with the $2/check option.

I looked into USPS forwarding but they can't do business accounts.
I could get a PO BOX close to her home but she wouldn't be able to go daily because she has a newborn and her husband works long shifts.

Anyway, I thought I'd check here before I choose one of my current options to see if anyone knows of a company that simply forwards mail so that I can show my business address but actually sends the mail to our Controller's home address? A shadow address or something of the sort?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Hong_Kong

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Apr 7, 2022
Hey everyone,

Right now I'm getting about 100+ checks a month for payment for services. It's only increasing monthly as we grow and it's becoming a bigger job to receive and deposit them. It's also not possible to receive other forms of payments as the checks come from large companies and we can't dictate their payment methods. Even rewarding them with discounts for paying other ways doesn't work.

8312d9b6-c5ab-424f-b44d-b091cddac593_text.gif

I'm moving that responsibility to our Financial Controller and now need to have the company's mailing address for checks changed so she can receive them. However, she works from home and doesn't want her home address used as the company's.

I've looked into virtual mailboxes and to deposit checks it's about $2/check which our Controller will still have to review and match to invoices. To forward the mail its about $5/day and will ad 2-3 days to receive checks. Both options are not ideal but I still may go with the $2/check option.

I looked into USPS forwarding but they can't do business accounts.
I could get a PO BOX close to her home but she wouldn't be able to go daily because she has a newborn and her husband works long shifts.

Anyway, I thought I'd check here before I choose one of my current options to see if anyone knows of a company that simply forwards mail so that I can show my business address but actually sends the mail to our Controller's home address? A shadow address or something of the sort?
Have you tried:
Find a location close by and pick it up maybe? They also have mail forwarding daily, weekly, or monthly.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
However, she works from home and doesn't want her home address used as the company's.

WTF, isn't she working for you? Make her go to a PO box once a day, or have them sent to her house. She can pick one.

Other option is to send the checks to your business address and make her go to work daily and sit there for 8 hours.

SPM_ENT

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
232%
Aug 1, 2017
Los Angeles
Have you tried:
Find a location close by and pick it up maybe? They also have mail forwarding daily, weekly, or monthly.
Interestingly enough that's who I rent my office from. I was unaware they have daily mail forwarding. I'll look into it thanks for the suggestion.
WTF, isn't she working for you? Make her go to a PO box once a day, or have them sent to her house. She can pick one.

Other option is to send the checks to your business address and make her go to work daily and sit there for 8 hours.
I would completely agree with you if she was an outsider I hired specifically for this job but an important distinction that I didn't mention is that our Controller also happens to be my sister. Because of that, I'm willing to entertain other options, if there are any, to make her life easier. I feel that being able to trust the person who handles all the money is hard to come by and well worth a few considerations for me. She is willing to go to the PO box but I'm checking for any other options other than those I was able to find.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Interestingly enough that's who I rent my office from. I was unaware they have daily mail forwarding. I'll look into it thanks for the suggestion.

I would completely agree with you if she was an outsider I hired specifically for this job but an important distinction that I didn't mention is that our Controller also happens to be my sister. Because of that, I'm willing to entertain other options, if there are any, to make her life easier. I feel that being able to trust the person who handles all the money is hard to come by and well worth a few considerations for me. She is willing to go to the PO box but I'm checking for any other options other than those I was able to find.

Why don’t you send them to your home and then you can collect them and mail them to her home once or twice a week.

SPM_ENT

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
232%
Aug 1, 2017
Los Angeles
Why don’t you send them to your home and then you can collect them and mail them to her home once or twice a week.
Woah, woah, woah, I didn't say I wanted to be more involved in this :rofl:. I will be leaning towards your first suggestion and she can drive her a$$ to the PO Box if those are my options.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.