The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Tony Robbins sells out; reveals his Paradox of Practice, cringeworthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
@404profound your mindset is closed. open it. has nothing to do with TR.
Look for help from ALL sources. There is something you can take from everything.
Dude owns 30+ companies and helps millions. Surely there is something you can sift through and find that will help you on your journey......

It would be like me never reading another thing you wrote and thinking everyone that did is a fool......
No. At some point you are going to say something that helps me! Open mindset! :)

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
I like Tony Robbins and find a lot of value in his works but obviously Tony works with large corporations who cater to the mainstream. If they don't like it they don't publish it or broadcast it plain and simple.

I highly doubt you will ever see Tony come out and say "Drop out of college and start a business!". Even if in private he would give advice similar to that as he does work with entrepreneurs sometimes.

These are entities that vehemently fight to maintain the status quo. They will always believe and tout college, jobs, compound interest, mutual and index funds are the path to riches. The mainstream will strive very hard to defend these beliefs. There is very little room for an open mind.

And yet behind the scenes these institutions leverage different principles of economics and mathematics to create millions in income.

Last edited:

million$$$smile

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
703%
Dec 25, 2012
Midwest
One of my top favorite books that resonated with me years ago was "Unleash the Power Within"

I've never been able to finish any of his other books, but that one volume more than made up many, many other publications I've wasted time reading.

I've never (yet) been to a seminar, or really spent time listening to him online,

But,

For that one book, I'm grateful to TR.

It opened my mind a bit more.

And, I'll probably keep an open mind to possibly learn something more from the man.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
D

Deleted50669

@404profound your mindset is closed. open it. has nothing to do with TR.
Look for help from ALL sources. There is something you can take from everything.
Dude owns 30+ companies and helps millions. Surely there is something you can sift through and find that will help you on your journey......

It would be like me never reading another thing you wrote and thinking everyone that did is a fool......
No. At some point you are going to say something that helps me! Open mindset! :)
That's a good point. My resentment clouded my logic on that one.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
@Kung Fu Steve

I have always had a problem with Dave Ramsey telling people to get rich by putting their money in envelopes, when he got rich selling them books.

I have always had a problem with Suz Orman telling people to delay to retirement until 70, as she wrote that from her retirement villa well below 70. You can't make this shit up.

Tony Robbins telling people to use compound interest to get rich is selling "healthy" ice cream at a beach to fatties and telling them they're making a good lifestyle choice.

F*cking gurus.

Retirement? What even is retirement? They tell you to save up for it! Why? So I can be like other miserable retirees? A family member told me I should look at getting an IRA or a 401k... Yeah right.

It is like "the only possible option" for everyone is to one day quit everything and live off savings until they die. Not true.

Building something that exists without your direct effort is always the best answer here.

Every ultra rich individual I know that is either at or past traditional slow lane retirement age is still making millions. Some have passed the direct input on to their children. Others have just kept the system in place that got them there.

Retirement is a joke.

Last edited:

SeanC

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
300%
Jan 2, 2019
Let's consider the alternative.

Suppose Tony tells his mainstream audience to stop trading time for money and find clever niches where they can automate whatever value they provide.

I'd consider that highly irresponsible.

Most people don't have the knowledge to make it work or the guts to endure the horror along the way.

Talk to people "starting a business". For 90%, you can't help but cringe at their "plan". Sometimes it works out - I don't know how. Stats say usually it doesn't.

They probably should stick to jobs and traditional investments. They won't be in the top % - but they won't be homeless, either.

Someone primed for the fastlane probably figured that out on their own. What Tony Robbins, or anyone, says is going to have zero impact on their decisions.

Determined2012

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Jun 22, 2012
Chicago, IL
Tony Mosque and spending thousands to be in the graces of his charades?

He's coming to Chicago. I was stunned to see he is offering tickets as low as $19.99. Never thought I'd see that from him.

His ship in this lane seems to have sailed. There are new guys taking over this space (Gary V, Tai Lopez, Grant Cardone, Eric Thomas, etc.).

I could not get into Tony Robbins books, still haven't finished Awaken The Giant Within. His speaking voice is so soothing and mesmerizing to me though!

Ernman

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Feb 8, 2019
Florida, USA
After some of the positive things folks said in this thread, I decided to open my mind and read one of his books, Awaken the Giant Within. I can't argue with his motivational message and can see where it would help many. So in fairness to Tony, and as someone stated in this thread, I'll take the good with the bad.

Besides, as I swallow this big helping of humble pie, I was among the slow lane believers most of my life. Were it not for MJ's books, I'd still be stumbling down that road not understanding the mix of emotions an entrepreneur in the slow lanes deals with.

GoGetter24

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
210%
Oct 8, 2017
Various
Who gives a shit? All the time people waste talking about "dem guruz is bad uh huh!", why? Just ignore them, work like a mule, and focus on getting rich.

As an aside, compound interest does work.
Ingredients:
  • You have a company and you reinvest the profits. For instance, at an average internal rate of return of 20%
  • That company isn't incorporated in some bloodsucking western shitdump taxing you 1/3 corporate, and 1/2 anything you take out
Easy when you know how (and work like a mule)

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Does anyone else think it's funny that we crap on gurus who don't practice what they preach, yet we praise entrepreneurs who solve problems for others that they don't actually use themselves?

On this forum we tend to see advice and ignore it in favor of criticizing the speaker, yet we see products and services and criticize them for their own merits and quality.

If someone flew to the top of a mountain in 15 minutes, and then built a staircase that would take 10 days to climb, would you condemn the staircase because the builder didn't use it to get to the top? Or would you praise them for offering a slower, safer, easier route for those who won't/can't fly?

Knowledge is knowing that entrepreneurship is one of the fastest and best routes to achieving financial freedom. Experience is putting that into place and making it a reality for yourself. Wisdom is looking back at your journey and understanding that 95% or more of people in this world are incapable/unwilling to replicate the path you just took.

So how does a successful person who took the "hard" path help those 95% who won't follow in their footsteps? Do you ignore them to their fate or do you try to find something they CAN do and are WILLING to do?

To those criticizing Tony here, what financial advice would YOU give to someone who clearly doesn't have what it takes to become an entrepreneur yet also doesn't want to fail miserably in the financial landscape? Would it look something like Tony / Ramsay / Chilton / Orman / Buffet tells those people? Or would it be wildly different?

Don't get me wrong - authors need to be honest about where their wealth came from. If you say that your method is how you got rich, and it isn't - that's 100% wrong. But if you got rich through some other method, and now have the time and insight and connections to help those who can't/won't follow in your footsteps - what's wrong in offering that path, provided you are honest about the time-frames, risk, rewards, etc?

I think we all just need to see the advice that these folks give for what it is - a way to help "average" people go from "nothing" to "something". Maybe these books lay it on a little thick with the upside and don't dive deep enough into the downside, but I don't think we should throw the baby out with the bathwater here. All I'm saying is that if you want to shit on these folks trying to help the average person out there - maybe ask yourself how YOU would offer better financial literacy value to the kinds of people who need this information?

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
May 21, 2011
I will be honest, out of the hours and hours of Tony Robbins stuff i watched many years ago all i remember is how big that guys suit jacket was..

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Suppose Tony tells his mainstream audience to stop trading time for money and find clever niches where they can automate whatever value they provide.
I'd consider that highly irresponsible.

You know what, maybe Shopify can hire Tony to encourage the masses and motivate them to start their own hustle, using SHOPIFY's platform. Then Tony takes a % of the profits from Shopify and both parties win.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
that would take 10 days to climb, would you condemn the staircase because the builder didn't use it to get to the top?

I see your perspective but I think you're comparing apples to oranges, and on multiple fronts.

First, Tony's audience are not lazy plebs sitting on the couch all day. They are people who want MORE out of life, they want to live dreams, excel, and live financially free. No one listens to Tony because they want to work 50 years and put their entire life savings into the stock market, or with the firms Tony "recommends."

In my case, I was drawn to Tony at a very young age (when most of ya'll where still in grade school) because I felt he could help me live my dream beyond the Scripted BS of work to earn a weekend, invest, repeat.

I wonder...

If I was 20 years old and struggling to find my way, what would I think if I heard Tony spew this crap? Would I be mentally disciplined enough to critically think about it? Considering I held Tony on a pedestal, I might have accepted it as gospel, and that it was the ONLY way to be financially free.

Keep in mind, I listened to Tony (and read his books) because I didn't want to be normal. I wanted MORE than the "work M-F for a weekend and a stable retirement at 65" routine.

I viewed Tony as a medium, an advisor, and a mentor to get out of this trap.

Now he's teaching people how to be normal, ordinary, and no different than the other 1 billion people who think indexed funds are the bees knees. In other words, he's not teaching people to escape the trap, he's leading them into it.

I expected more from someone who is about getting people to live to their MAXIMUM POTENTIAL. Now he's shilling for the LIVE POOR, DIE RICH model, no different than Ramsey or Orman (both, who we can agree, target a mainstream "sit on the couch" audience.)

Now he's preaching standard dogma for people who will live and die a standard life.

It's disingenuous to his audience.

And it would have been disingenuous to a 20-year old me who demanded more out of life.

And I'm damn glad I didn't hear this back then because it probably would have confused me, and perhaps weakened my thoughts on entrepreneurship.

Perhaps Tony's target audience has changed from "live extraordinarily" to "live average" -- if it has, then it all makes sense.

Additionally, I have no problem someone offering a product that they'd never use -- but I would be damn sure it WORKED beyond theories and napkin mathematics, it must work in real life application. But that's not how it's sold. It's sold as foolproof and simplistic when in reality, it's as tough as what we're trying to do here as entrepreneurs. It's as much as a lottery ticket as our entrepreneurial aspirations to be the next Elon Musk.

According to The Boston College Center for Retirement Research, nearly HALF of retirement age people won't be able to maintain their standard of living in retirement. Most of the other half will struggle to get by, leaving, what, 1% who "live the dream?"

Real life has a way of mucking with napkin mathematics calculated in a vacuum. Especially when those napkin mathematics are calculated using variable (and bubble-prone) asset classes like stocks, bonds, or currencies.

For the gurus who preach this stuff, you can bet they're damn happy that the truth needs 3 or 4 decades to reveal itself. By then it won't matter-- they still will be living large at their Hampton summer home or on their private island in Fiji. (Not because of an indexed-fund, but because they sold the *idea* of an indexed-fund.)

Joe Cassandra

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
509%
Jul 25, 2013
Woodstock, GA
I get everyone's frustration with Tony here...but he's doing what any salesman does...

He gives the customer what they want.

MJ's book is better and will make you richer...however...

(and this isn't a knock on MJ)...

Tony's way in his books is much, much easier. Meditate. Passively invest. Etc.

Even more importantly...

(and this is one of the most relevant things to remember if you ever write sales copy or sell something)

People only buy stuff to validate their beliefs. Most people don't believe they can start a business. They've heard all the failure stats and know some pothead kid who's living with their parents after 'starting' a biz.

So, maybe Tony here is simply throwing a 'monkey paw.'

Basically, he's giving them something they're most likely to buy...to then get them in the door and help them with what they really need.

BOTTOM LINE: I follow Tai Lopez, Dan Lok and all of them not because I don't think they aren't a little slimey, but I do get motivated to work harder. That's what I did when I was making 36,000/year. I still do it making multiple 6-figures/year.

LaraJF

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
258%
Apr 1, 2017
Silicon Valley, California
Grant Cardone however....

Would it surprise you to hear he's a Scientologist? (not that there's anything wrong with that).

And I agree with MJ on Dan Lok. He' gives away SO much value but it's up to you to pick it up and do something with it. (hrm, kinda like MJ.....)

I avoided the Tony rage in the late 80s early 90s. I was busy with 7 Habits and my Harley.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Would it surprise you to hear he's a Scientologist? (not that there's anything wrong with that).

And I agree with MJ on Dan Lok. He' gives away SO much value but it's up to you to pick it up and do something with it. (hrm, kinda like MJ.....)

I avoided the Tony rage in the late 80s early 90s. I was busy with 7 Habits and my Harley.

I think it would surprise Tony Robbins to learn he was a scientologist.

LaraJF

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
258%
Apr 1, 2017
Silicon Valley, California
I think it would surprise Tony Robbins to learn he was a scientologist.

That's why i only quoted the part about Grant Cardone......It explained some things to me. Your mileage may vary :) Cheers.

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
Alright. I've been called out in private that I kinda posted a snarky a**hole response so allow me to give a more thoughtful response without the sarcastic attitude I normally provide.

Tony Robbins has been the number one success coach on the planet for many years. This is his 42nd year doing what he does.

When you think of the people who have shaped our world... real influencers. People who have built more, gave more, done more, or contributed the most to society -- who do you envision?

Martin Luther King, Jr.? Ghandi? Nelson Mandela? Mother Theresa? Mikhail Gorbachev? Hell, I'd agree with you. Those people shaped generations of people from all walks of life.

Today. Out of who is alive -- who are the greatest influencers? I mean people GENUINELY making an impact on our society, how we think, how we behave, and how much the contribute...

Maybe Bill and Melinda Gates? Richard Branson? Elon Musk? And, of course, Tony Robbins.

Who has had more of an impact on our world TODAY (who is alive) than these people?

Let's step back for a second for those of you who think Tony Robbins is "just some sell-out guru".

You are forgetting these last two books: Money, Master the Game and Unshakeable are side projects of his. The idea was to help the average person protect themselves from people taking advantage of financial ignorance. People who don't understand that for every 1% of fees, due to compound interest, results in almost 10 years of retirement income.

That's some pretty important F*cking information to understand. Financial literacy is everything. Tony also goes on to say that the number one way you're going to thrive (not just survive) is to learn how to build a business and provide more value than anyone else... but as I've been put on the stake for in the past here on the forum -- I have to say it again... if you actually read the book, love it or hate it... you'd know that.

Here's the thing -- headline reading doesn't educate you on the guy's 41 year career.

But let's do some headline reading for a second...

Out of the dozen books that he wrote here are the best sellers:

• Unlimited Power
  • Notes from a Friend
  • Awaken The Giant Within
And of course, Money: Master the Game and Unshakeable.

His new book on health will more than likely come out at the end of the year.

But F*ck the books. How about audio programs? What he is ACTUALLY known for around the world for the past 40 years...
  • Personal Power
  • The Ultimate Edge
  • Mastering Influence
  • Time of your life
  • The Body you Deserve
  • Creating Lasting Change
  • The Ultimate Relationship Program

Personal Power's infomercial alone was on TV every 30 minutes somewhere in the world for 26 years straight. The greatest selling personal development program of all time. It is still by far the best program Tony has.

How about the live events?

• Unleash the Power Within
  • Date with Destiny
  • Business Mastery
  • Life Mastery
  • Wealth Mastery

Robbins Research International has literally been the number one personal development business in the category for 40 years... nobody even touches it. Not Mark Burnett's Success Resources. Not Dale Carnegie. Not Ziggy. Denis Waitley. Brian Tracy -- and listen, I F*cking LOVE those guys. None of them have had the impact Tony has. It's not even close.

But how about we get out of the "guru" space... because he's just a guru, right? Has no idea how to run a business?

52 other companies. 6 billion dollars a year in revenue. None of them in the personal development or "guru" space. Actually there's about a 80% chance everyone on this thread is a customer of his, you just don't know he owns the company.

The guy feeds 250 million people per year by himself. He planted 15,000 trees in Africa this year... which if you don't understand the impact, it means that in certain areas that literally takes the local income from $2 per day to $12 per day (yes because of a forest that wasn't there)... He literally bought 1,200 kids to get them out of sexual slavery and started coaching them. His programs are donated to millions of mental health practitioners, doctors, schools, and prisons every single year...

He's put thousands of kids through school... he's purchased stem cell companies to build and give the average person access to health stuff they would never have.

So here's the deal:

Call me a fool if you want. Call everyone foolish.

I'm not trying to convince you by any means. All I'm saying is get your facts straight.

Maybe go out and give some kind of value to this world instead of sitting behind a keyboard and bitching.

There goes my sarcastic attitude again. Almost made it the whole post.

JAVB

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Apr 20, 2011
Florida, USA
Very rarely have I found good advice from people intentionally giving them out. Coaches and Gurus making a living of off motivating and teaching how to make money, and charging for it? That eliminates credibility on the spot. IMHO. Over time, I've found that I get the best lessons from biographies. Reading between the lines, seeing how people make decisions and why... For example, I'm finishing "The Store of Everything" which tells Amazon and Bezos' story... fascinating how the guy left a "decent" job in NY to pursue this project... how his wife supported him, the different challenges and roadblocks he encountered... resilience, persistence, anger, grind... it's all here... Elon Musk from Ashlee Vance is another one... so on and so forth.

papi016

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Jun 16, 2017
Marlin, Tx
Very rarely have I found good advice from people intentionally giving them out. Coaches and Gurus making a living of off motivating and teaching how to make money, and charging for it? That eliminates credibility on the spot. IMHO. Over time, I've found that I get the best lessons from biographies. Reading between the lines, seeing how people make decisions and why... For example, I'm finishing "The Store of Everything" which tells Amazon and Bezos' story... fascinating how the guy left a "decent" job in NY to pursue this project... how his wife supported him, the different challenges and roadblocks he encountered... resilience, persistence, anger, grind... it's all here... Elon Musk from Ashlee Vance is another one... so on and so forth.
Have you read Shoe Dog by Phil Knight (The Creator of Nike)? It’s one of my favorite biographies.

JAVB

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Apr 20, 2011
Florida, USA
Have you read Shoe Dog by Phil Knight (The Creator of Nike)? It’s one of my favorite biographies.
Thanks! I haven't read it nor heard of it. I can use a non-tech related biography. Thanks for sharing!!

Hopefully you and other can share other ones. I'd like to share also:
- Steve Jobs by Isaacson
- The Innovators by Isaacson
- Alberto Einstein by Isaacson

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
If I was 20 years old and struggling to find my way, what would I think if I heard Tony spew this crap? Would I be mentally disciplined enough to critically think about it? Considering I held Tony on a pedestal, I might have accepted it as gospel, and that it was the ONLY way to be financially free.

Keep in mind, I listened to Tony (and read his books) because I didn't want to be normal. I wanted MORE than the "work M-F for a weekend and a stable retirement at 65" routine.

I viewed Tony as a medium, an adviser, and a mentor to get out of this trap.
When I started out by reading Kiyosaki's stuff, I was on track to go into his rabbit hole.

However, I came to realize nothing was happening, months after I read all the books.

But there was one piece of advice Kiyosaki said in his RDPD book:

'Go out and join like-minded people who want to escape the Rat Race. Join meetings and read more books of similar themes. Educate yourself.'

Kiyosaki was basically telling me that getting wealthy didn't stop with his advice alone. There was more to it.

So I eventually explored and found my way here.

It may be the same way with Tony Robbins. Self-development doesn't stop and finish with him.

In that sense, Kiyosaki did me some good, after all! :smile:

Alright. I've been called out in private that I kinda posted a snarky a**hole response so allow me to give a more thoughtful response without the sarcastic attitude I normally provide.

Tony Robbins has been the number one success coach on the planet for many years. This is his 42nd year doing what he does.

When you think of the people who have shaped our world... real influencers. People who have built more, gave more, done more, or contributed the most to society -- who do you envision?

Martin Luther King, Jr.? Ghandi? Nelson Mandela? Mother Theresa? Mikhail Gorbachev? Hell, I'd agree with you. Those people shaped generations of people from all walks of life.

Today. Out of who is alive -- who are the greatest influencers? I mean people GENUINELY making an impact on our society, how we think, how we behave, and how much the contribute...

Maybe Bill and Melinda Gates? Richard Branson? Elon Musk? And, of course, Tony Robbins.

Who has had more of an impact on our world TODAY (who is alive) than these people?

Let's step back for a second for those of you who think Tony Robbins is "just some sell-out guru".

You are forgetting these last two books: Money, Master the Game and Unshakeable are side projects of his. The idea was to help the average person protect themselves from people taking advantage of financial ignorance. People who don't understand that for every 1% of fees, due to compound interest, results in almost 10 years of retirement income.

That's some pretty important F*cking information to understand. Financial literacy is everything. Tony also goes on to say that the number one way you're going to thrive (not just survive) is to learn how to build a business and provide more value than anyone else... but as I've been put on the stake for in the past here on the forum -- I have to say it again... if you actually read the book, love it or hate it... you'd know that.

Here's the thing -- headline reading doesn't educate you on the guy's 41 year career.

But let's do some headline reading for a second...

Out of the dozen books that he wrote here are the best sellers:

• Unlimited Power
  • Notes from a Friend
  • Awaken The Giant Within
And of course, Money: Master the Game and Unshakeable.

His new book on health will more than likely come out at the end of the year.

But F*ck the books. How about audio programs? What he is ACTUALLY known for around the world for the past 40 years...
  • Personal Power
  • The Ultimate Edge
  • Mastering Influence
  • Time of your life
  • The Body you Deserve
  • Creating Lasting Change
  • The Ultimate Relationship Program

Personal Power's infomercial alone was on TV every 30 minutes somewhere in the world for 26 years straight. The greatest selling personal development program of all time. It is still by far the best program Tony has.

How about the live events?

• Unleash the Power Within
  • Date with Destiny
  • Business Mastery
  • Life Mastery
  • Wealth Mastery

Robbins Research International has literally been the number one personal development business in the category for 40 years... nobody even touches it. Not Mark Burnett's Success Resources. Not Dale Carnegie. Not Ziggy. Denis Waitley. Brian Tracy -- and listen, I F*cking LOVE those guys. None of them have had the impact Tony has. It's not even close.

But how about we get out of the "guru" space... because he's just a guru, right? Has no idea how to run a business?

52 other companies. 6 billion dollars a year in revenue. None of them in the personal development or "guru" space. Actually there's about a 80% chance everyone on this thread is a customer of his, you just don't know he owns the company.

The guy feeds 250 million people per year by himself. He planted 15,000 trees in Africa this year... which if you don't understand the impact, it means that in certain areas that literally takes the local income from $2 per day to $12 per day (yes because of a forest that wasn't there)... He literally bought 1,200 kids to get them out of sexual slavery and started coaching them. His programs are donated to millions of mental health practitioners, doctors, schools, and prisons every single year...

He's put thousands of kids through school... he's purchased stem cell companies to build and give the average person access to health stuff they would never have.

So here's the deal:

Call me a fool if you want. Call everyone foolish.

I'm not trying to convince you by any means. All I'm saying is get your facts straight.

Maybe go out and give some kind of value to this world instead of sitting behind a keyboard and bitching.

There goes my sarcastic attitude again. Almost made it the whole post.
Great points!

Don't think attending a Robbins event, or similar ones for that matter, is 100% silly.

I feel that sometimes, if we want to learn a marketable skill or industry, we need to use similar products.

In my case, I could quickly understand some of the tenets of copywriting, sales and persuasion because at the young age of 15 or 16, I attended a study camp by Adam Khoo from Singapore, who's affiliated with Tony Buzan.

From the free seminar, to the vocal cues and speech patterns of the trainers, the many 'rituals' in the study camp (e.g. balancing on a thin rope shaken by two rough coaches instead of a firewalk lol), there was so much to observe.

I tried implementing a few of them back in school, whenever I had to do presentations.

My friends just laughed. I didn't get to know the full picture of how it's supposed to work until these few years.

While I don't endorse going to seminars to learn how to have a seminar business (unless you are doing copywriting for gurus hahaha- one actually asked me to come to one of his free seminars to learn the product before writing sales copy), many skills like deal-making and team management might very well come from such places.

Silverfox148

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Apr 17, 2017
You can learn something from all these gurus , I'm not familiar with Tony but I have analyzed others like Grant Cardone, Dave Ramsey, etc.

The goal for me with any guru is to analyze what they say, never pay directly for anything, and learn from the selling/marketing/processes they use to get people to hand over money or influence you. The sophistication of some these guys like Cardone is pretty complex when it comes to selling, it may seem simple and even dumb at times but there is a very clear process going in the background setting you up for the buy. That's valuable information to know, once you are aware of the existence of the background underlying process you can make more informed decisions.

Also not everyone is at the Fastlane level or even wants to be Fastlane even if they know about it. These guys to do provide good value to those individuals, most people don't want to hear that they have to engage in a process that will require hard work/commitment crazy hours/confronting fears/childhood issues, etc. That's a very hard F*cking sell, it only applies to a very small part of the population.

Take the good from them, leave/ignore the bad.

GoodluckChuck

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Feb 2, 2017
my house
Telling a 19 year old to save his/her money is good advice. Compound interest is a good thing, especially for the average person who will be a lifelong employee by choice.

Even for the entrepreneur it's a good idea to save money...

Give the T man a break. He's just a dude that has to talk a lot and sometimes says shit that might not align with the fastlane doctrine.

The cool thing about being awakened is that we can hear about compound interest and understand that there are better vehicles to wealth..

The sad truth is that not only will 99.9% of people that hear Tony talk about compound interest wealth generation not ever find a better wealth vehicle than working a slowlane job, but most of them won't even save enough to take advantage of compound interest.

lludwig

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
274%
Aug 18, 2018
New York
I see your perspective but I think you're comparing apples to oranges, and on multiple fronts.

First, Tony's audience are not lazy plebs sitting on the couch all day. They are people who want MORE out of life, they want to live dreams, excel, and live financially free. No one listens to Tony because they want to work 50 years and put their entire life savings into the stock market, or with the firms Tony "recommends."

Not for anything MJ, not everyone wants to own a business. Yes, you can say they are limiting themselves but meh who are we to say.

In fact, the socialist Millenials, on the whole, want nothing to do with owning a business. It could be they hate Capitalism or realize the work involved to start a business. Less new business formation is occurring than 10 years ago.

While the MSM make entrepreneurship sexy and others look up to the "rugged individual", not everyone wants to climb that wall. I can respect that.

So what other options do they have then???

Even at the Tony Robbins events I've gone to, not all have aspirations of starting a business.

Some just want to lose 15 lbs., establish a better relationship with their spouse, or have a better outlook on life. It's not necessarily money as the primary focus.

Related to Tony's investment advice, is the FIRE movement. It's nuts to think individuals wanting to quit working before they really hit their peak earning years.

Just like FIRE, most individuals are seeking the stock market as the easy way out to their "nirvana". To each their own.

Though with the 10-year bull market, they will sadly be mistaken.

The next 10 years more than likely won't be as easy as the past 10. Things need to return to the norm with returns and overdue for a correction. I expect muted returns.

Tony's statements are technically correct about markets and returns. Though to your point, the interest rate scam is the realistic view of how real returns are created and the loss of control when investing in the stock market.

Tony is appealing to the individuals who want to go the traditional route for getting what they define as being "rich". Even though he himself didn't do it that way.

On the whole, the individuals who take Tony's advice will be better off than their previous route. Even though we (this forum) may think of it as a very shitty life path and haven't awakened their giant from within.

Last edited:

Sanj Modha

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Feb 16, 2016
In Your Newsfeed
Tony Robbins caters to an audience and I can say with 100% honesty - reading his early material has changed my life because he made me see different perspectives.

Ray Dalio said something interesting: "The only way you can test your beliefs if is you talk/listen to someone who believes in the opposite".

I personally think Gary Vee and Grant Cardone are cringeworthy and that's totally fine by me. They give me validation for my belief systems.

rjrobbins2

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Mar 20, 2019
Kansas City, MO
Just because someone spouts something you disagree with doesn't make them a sellout or a con man. For the average, scripted person, investing is a tool to grow your money. If done correctly, it works just very slowly. Someone cut not everyone out for the fast lane life nor does everyone want it. There are hundreds of millions of people in this world who are perfectly satisfied working a job, investing their money and retiring like the average person does. There is nothing wrong with that. In fact, those people are needed to make society to work. If not, who is going to provide key services like picking up trash or being a nurse?

Just because Tony didnt grow his wealth that way doesnt make him a hypocrite. Its because he is absolutely right. Most people arent going to be able to grow wealth any other way. Bill Billicheck was a shitty football player who never sniffed the NFL. Does it make him a sell out or hypocrite to coach a team to multiple Super Bowls using playing methods he was never capable of doing as a player? Some of the best teachers and coaches in the world are very poor at execution or used different methods in their life. You dont have to do something to teach it.

lludwig

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
274%
Aug 18, 2018
New York
There is nothing wrong with that. In fact, those people are needed to make society to work. If not, who is going to provide key services like picking up trash or being a nurse?

"The world needs ditch diggers too!"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads