The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Tony Robbins Fans? Unleash the Power?

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
Disclaimer: I'm the national trainer for Tony these days. I work directly for him -- however -- my opinions are my own and in no way reflect RRI, Tony Robbins Companies, or Banana-Hands himself.

It seems the only thing the younger generation knows about Tony Robbins these days is his two new books; Money Master the Game and Unshakeable.

It's fair because he hasn't written a book in 20 years and now here he comes out with 2 in a year and both are on finances, investing, and retirement accounts... and now I hear nothing but "oh yeah that's that financial guru guy" ... when nothing could be further from the truth...

In my humble opinion Unlimited Power and Awaken The Giant Within are mandatory reading for anyone trying to achieve their dreams.

To simply say "he has a broad market" and "he teaches finances and motivation" is so far off the mark it's crazy. What Tony is better at than pretty much anyone else on the planet is human psychology.

• He was one of the first students of Richard Bandler and John Grinder (the founders of NLP)
  • he studied with Milton Erickson (probably the greatest hypnotherapist of all time)
  • he studied (and still studies with) Chloe Madanes who is the best family therapist in the world.
But the skills he picked up over the past 40 years which he now coins 'Neuro-Associative Conditioning' and '6 Human Needs Psychology' transformed the way we think about human behavior and psychology (actually any licensed therapist, psychologist, or psychiatrist can receive CE credits for studying Tony's work).

But here's the genius of what came out of that. Those skills ended up translating into every area of life. Business, leadership, relationships, fitness, athletics, and, of course, finance.

BECAUSE... There's only two things you and I ever want to do in every single one of those areas: change the way FEEL about it or how we BEHAVE.

What he teaches (and I guess nowadays, what I teach by proxy) is that we have these driving forces in our lives; emotional states and belief systems. How you FEEL in any given moment determines your thoughts, which determines your actions, and therefore your results.... that cycle is usually completed by the fact your results often determine how you feel...

Belief systems themselves guide WHICH actions you're willing to take or not take. All day every day on this forum (and everywhere else in the world) you are hearing nonstop belief systems:

"I can't do that because... (insert belief system)"
"you can't do that because people would never... (insert belief system)"
"That business would never work because (insert belief system)"
"You must go fastlane/slowlane/sidewalk/carthweel because (insert belief system)"

And whose belief systems are ultimately right? Our own, of course. No reason to believe anybody elses' because those belief systems are stupid -- and I can prove that to you because .... (insert belief system).

It's never time, money, people, resources -- it's how we THINK about those things.

Anyways... this is already turning into a much bigger reply than I intended... I'm picking up this "talking too much" thing from Tony I guess... or maybe I always had it...

On Tony:

Here's a little promo I use these days to explain who he is from when he spoke at dream force again a couple months ago.

Literally name a name. Anyone you can dream of, someone you look up to, someone you admire -- someone at the top of their game? They've more than likely been coached by this man. 4 out of the last 5 American presidents, icons of our time, entertainers, athletes, business people, etc. etc. etc.

Pitbull was in San Jose again last time, stood up, did a concert for us right then and there and told his Tony Robbins story. Gerard Butler was sitting in front of our group there, too. Tom Ferry. I mean honestly name a name and I can probably pull up a testimonial for them unless they were a private client of Tony's. Then I can't and won't reveal.

On the Investment world and Tony:

Before I say anything about investing -- everyone in this community has a huge stigma tied to any "financial guru" out there. I am a part of this community and I share that same thing. Giving advice that you don't follow rubs me the wrong way. There's many of them out there.

If you think Tony is making any money off of either Money Master the Game or Unshakeable you would be dead wrong. 100% of the proceeds are going to Feeding America and Tony is literally writing checks personally to match funds.

If you think Tony is making money off seminars -- you'd also be wrong. That may have been true 20 years ago but these days with 32 companies and 6 billion in annual revenues the seminar business has been estimated to be about 1-3% of that (from my understanding). A large portion of the money from UPW and the other events also go towards Feeding America with Tony once again writing matching checks.

The dude's seriously all heart.

How'd he get so wealthy?

What started as books and seminars, turned into private coaching, consulting, business deals. If you read the Money: Master the Game book you'll quickly learn he has personally coached the top 50 financial traders in the world for the past 20 years. Warren Buffet, Ray Dalio, Paul Tudor Jones, Carl Ichann.

Hell -- Rothschild's family money manager is also a client of his.

The seminars, the books, the media tours -- all of this is his JOB. What he does for his PASSION.

What he does for money is a completely different story. 'Fastlane' all the way.

As MJ points out -- once you've accumulated the wealth, there's a new game to be played.

On Money: Master the Game:

The book is massive and it is a great read. Some tools you'll take and run with, other's you'll pass on. The first 1/3rd really is about dealing with your emotional problems around money. Your habits and beliefs around it.

Funny enough, most people on this forum would never save 10% of their income because they think they should "invest it immediately" ... except their thought of "investing" ends up being buying more and more education without ever acting on it. Not pointing fingers because I've done the same thing.

Personally, I didn't have the discipline to do it because my belief system was "I can always make it back" -- which was and still is true. In fact, 3 fortunes have come and gone because of my lack of financial discipline. No I don't buy into the idea I should invest in a 401k (because it doesn't fit my goals) -- however my financial discipline these days is so much better because I buckled down and said "this is my goal and I'm sticking to my plan" -- long story short. Read the damn book and do your research before you shout out your belief systems... or B.S. for short... :)

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I went in my early twenties to the firewalk version. Was really motivating for a few weeks. If you're on the wrong path, it will help you continue walking the wrong path albeit a little bit harder. Make sure you're on the right path before going.

It also further helped reinforce the mind which is always helpful. Can't say anything specifically great came from it, but it definitely helps solidify your mental fortitude.

IceCreamKid

With Great Power Comes Great Electricity Bill
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2,185%
Jun 8, 2010
California
I went to a fire walk event once. It was motivating for a few weeks, but meh it lost its impact over time for me.

The only thing that helped me sustain mental strength long term was weightlifting. There's something about lifting iron and seeing steady growth over time that teaches you how powerful discipline can be for your life. It also teaches you courage because lifting that heavier set of iron can be verrrry intimidating since it's a weight that you've never tried before.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
How'd he get so wealthy?

In other words, what he discusses in his latest book is NOT how he got rich.

Sorry, but it screams a paradox of practice... the age-old, do as I say, don't do as I do. (And sorry, Icahn, Buffet, et. al. are all activist investors, they have absolutely ZERO in common with the Joe-Blow eTrade investor who buys 100 shares of stock.)

I've been always a big fan of Tony, not so much anymore. I pretty much expose the hypocrisy in my next book as well, you ain't gonna like it. :blank:

Aside from his latest Slowlane shilling junket, his early books are definitely worth the read.

Last edited:

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
Exactly.

A lot of his followers go to his events every year.

OK retards

Language.

tell me this: if his stuff caused such transformation, why do you need to do it every year?

Because it's for consumption, not production.

This thread is FASCINATING to me. I run into this day in and day out in my meetings. From the stage, in an office, on the phone -- it never ceases to amaze me the utter violence at which people object to something that might improve them.

But let me pose a question: if there's something who is insanely more successful in ANY area... instead of calling them names, maybe it makes sense to ask them HOW and WHY they do what they do?

We all have 24 hours... 99% of successful entrepreneurs weren't born with a silver spoon in their mouth... then why is it some people make it happen... and others don't?

Aren't you interested in learning those answers?

If you were to ask me (which you didn't) why I go to Tony's events over and over in addition to basically every marketing conference I can get to and every top coach I can get my hands on is because of this idea called "sharpening the saw"

(That's from a book called the 7 habits of highly successful people... which I have read multiple times... and each time it created a new transformation in some area of my life)

But why don't you ask a Tim Ferris, Oprah Winfrey, Michael Jordan, Usher, Pitbull, Marc Benihofff, Warren Buffet, Bill Gates, T Boone Pickens, or any other number of successful entrepreneurs why would THEY go to an event (tony or others) again and again?

Sure... they might be retarded... or maybe they know something you don't?

I'm not picking on you -- I'm just posing a question. Is it POSSIBLE there's something there that you've never experienced?

V8Bill

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
334%
Feb 9, 2012
Australia
Hell, I'd probably argue most people commenting on this thread know nothing about Tony. Haven't read a single book of his, have never attended a seminar, never listened to an audio they just repeat a belief system they heard from someone else.

I'd say that if I had to cut my life into two at the most pivotal moment it'd be before GTE (Get The Edge) and after GTE. I'm a totally different person post GTE. Add a fire-walk experience (doing the "impossible") and I had no excuses left after that. I use "ask a better question" daily. As soon as I start to complain it's almost always something Robbo said to me that brings me back. I can change or do anything if it's important enough to me and the way I think can make it easier or tougher. I mostly get disheartened at myself these days - not in what happens to me. That's all 100% Robbo.

I guess I'm kind of glad I haven't read his latest Books on money in a way. He's not my ultimate muse in that area so I'd prefer to stick to the mindset stuff and look elsewhere for faster money thinking. [waving]

Here's a picture I look at when I hear myself whining with excuses or feeling sorry for myself... It sobers me up immediately and I know exactly what he's thinking with this look and how much better he knows I am than my last dumb thought.
630319973e.jpg

Last edited:

V8Bill

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
334%
Feb 9, 2012
Australia
Haven't read Unshakeable but I went to a UPW event in 2006, did the fire-walk, have spent hours and hours listening to Get The Edge series of CDs and of course watched many videos on youtube since. I like him.

Of all those I'd say the the most powerful experience I had from him was listening to the CDs. There are 14 and I listened to them exactly as prescribed, one a day for 14 days. They're based on his old Personal Power tapes (lol...who remembers tapes?) and some new talks all re-recorded. I liked how it seemed more personal. He opened my mind a little more to some new ideas which have helped me endlessly ever since. I would drive interstate and just listen to hours and hours. The focus did it's job, most of his messages got and stayed in.

The fire-walk (for me) had the instant and permanent effect of illustrating how what I believed was impossible isn't always impossible and that fear can be overcome by action. I always go back to that as my "flew to the moon" moment. The seminar itself wasn't as powerful for me but I did enjoy the spectacle and it tweaked my thinking in a few more ways which seem to have stuck. The biggest of which is "excuses are lame".

He didn't actually talk that much about business and making money at the UPW event except to make some general observations and of course that you should always believe in your abilities and your ability to surprise yourself with how awesome you can be (in business if that's your thing) and of course to try to measure wealth on your own terms. He's about realising more if that's what you want. To pump the brakes on the negative self talk, swap it for some positive statements or intrinsic belief in your abilities. All ancient, timeless and always relevant lessons but it's the way he puts it across that made the difference to me.

He has to appeal to a wide range of people so I'm not surprised he spends time discussing long term investments...etc but he's also a believer in going the extra mile and that's got to suit the go-hard style of an active entrepreneur. His biggest lesson to me was "of course you can". Less doubt, more action.

HTH

GatsbyMag

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Jun 20, 2016
Hello Guys,

I re-open this subject just for one question about Tony Robbins:

I started to read some books of him, and find most of his videos inspiring and motivating, but...

Maybe I'm wrong, but I have the impression he don't really talk about the same Mindset as FASTLANE (money quick, etc..)
I read by him many times councils about investments, long-term, etc.... and this term dosen't sound good to my ears.

Am I wrong ?

And do you think his new book UNSHEAKABLE worth the read ???

Your impression is right. Tony's true wealth comes primarily from his charisma. In his book 'MONEY: Master The Game' he talks about how a guy called Theodore Johnson was working at UPS and decided to save $14,000 a year for 50 years. Mr. Johnson died with $70 million in the bank. Tony uses and glorifies this guy as an ideal model to building wealth through compound interest. 100% Slowlane.

lludwig

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
274%
Aug 18, 2018
New York
I've been following Tony's work since 1991. I've read all his books, done his CDs, gone to an event which he was part of in 2000, UPW, and Business Mastery. Hell I bought his regular audio cassettes "podcasts" before there was such a thing as a podcast.

I've even interviewed him.

The Financial Disruptor - My Interview With Tony Robbins

I know a lot about his history. He's always on and pretty much what you see is what you get.

I've always had a love/hate relationship with him. Like MJ says in Unscripted he certainly didn't make his millions via the Slow Lane. There are definitely things I don't agree with him on which is fine and also fine with him BTW. But there are also many things he is right on target about and has the ability to simplify complex things which a mass audience can digest.

If you are looking to optimize your life, he's the master optimizer.

He's probably one of the best modern-day speakers and would recommend to seeing him in person at least once. He is perhaps one of the best salespeople you'll ever meet as well.

His events are like nothing else you've even been too. It's a combination of a sales presentation, religious awaking and rock concert all rolled into one.

The way they are executed are awesome and you can gather so much business ideas from the events themselves. Though realize Tony not only discusses how to better yourself, he uses the same techniques on you to upsell you other events/services. He's a master at NLP and nothing is done by accident in his events.

My recommendation is at least listen to his CDs and if you have the means go to at least UPW.

Don't just listen to what he says but more importantly interact with others in the event, go all out, and keep executing after the event is done.

Tony Robbins Unleash the Power Within Review

Last edited:

rogue synthetic

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
310%
Aug 2, 2017
What does he do that's helpful? Not being sarcastic, I actually want to hear that viewpoint.

404, I'm not going to rag on you and I'm going to try and honestly answer this question for you. I'm saying that in case anything I say makes you feel like I'm attacking you. Not that I plan to be rude, just covering bases.

First of all, up until maybe a year ago I agreed with you completely. I knew who Tony was, vaguely, and most of that was the same impression you've got right now. I come from a long history of skepticism towards gurus and anything popular. It's hard for me to overcome those nagging feelings.

That said, I've had the experience over the last 9 months of getting a closer exposure to Tony's work and it has completely changed my opinion of him. @ZCP is coming at this from the same place I am and he's seen it work for himself.

I say that while acknowledging that I will probably never spend big bucks to work closely with Tony, for all the reasons you name.

That said, his books and some of his reasonably-priced digital products are life-changers. Don't discount him because he's casting the net wide to reach the masses. It may look shameless, even ugly to us...but we're not always the target market.

I say life-changing because, for me, it was. And I say that to you directly, knowing you've had some personal struggles of your own to deal with. Some of the issues you've talked about remind me of myself in another lifetime.. I can tell you that if you give the material an honest chance -- turn off the "NO BS" filter and give it a really honest shot -- it can take you to a new place.

If you think I've just fallen for another guru, let me know and I'll tell you all the things I think are wrong with Tony's work, in excruciating detail. (Thing is, seeing what I've seen of the guy, he probably wouldn't argue with me.)

Recognizing faults doesn't mean you can't the appreciate gems. Which is a lesson I wish more Fastlaners would learn in general.

TheDillon__

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Apr 11, 2016
DFW
I think the most common piece of mind you'll hear about Tony Robbins, at least around this forum, is "get his sense, not his specifics."

In terms of money - Robbins can give some pretty big Slowlane talking points. He's talking about money for the average person whereas MJ, for example, teaches the Fastlane to a niche audience. (Most people are not, in fact, entrepreneurs.)

However - I will always thank Robbins for instilling in me the idea of "if you think you can, you can" and the power of decision making that he talks about in Awaken the Giant Within.

Combining those with the knowledge of Parkinson's Law (work expands as to fill the time available,) and Cardone's idea of "raise your efforts to match your expectations," gave me the basis for what became my practice of "Oh shit" goal setting.

With my goals on the forefront of my mind, I'll get to passively thinking about them here and there. For example, when I was tossing around the idea of writing my book, Maestro.

At first, it had seemed like a fun side project that I had sitting on the back-burners. Then, one day, I made the mistake of saying to myself "I'll bet I could write this ebook in a week if I tried hard enough." This immediately set up red flags in my head - and they all started saying come on Dillon - that's not reasonable!

Once I heard those words, I was reminded of Robbins' teaching, and new that it was possible - because I said so.

Then I noted Parkinson's Law and discovered that I really could do it in a week. Following, with Cardone's Law of Effort (as I call it) I began writing on 2/07 this year, and published on Amazon on Valentine's day.

-

Robbins definitely has some worthwhile content. Just make sure you sift through and only take out the Fastlane bits that best apply to yourself and the goals which you have set.

rogue synthetic

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
310%
Aug 2, 2017
It's interesting to read this thread because in the skeptical posters I see so much of myself 10 or even 5 years ago.

A switch flipped in me a couple of years ago and instead of outright condemning everything as charlatanry, I decided to give everything a fair shake. To see for myself before figuring I had it all figured out.

There's plenty of guru-dom to go around in the self-help space, no denying that part. Everything from outright cranks peddling fringe voodoo, on up to lay-folk who have just enough exposure to pop-psychology to not realize that they don't know very much at all.

That fact doesn't mean that there isn't also something to learn from the practitioners. The secret is to learn how to separate the parts from the whole. Use what's useful and ignore the rest. Separate your sense of valuable from the novel. The most important things often lie in repetition, or in seeing the same thing in new ways.

The first step for me was Maxwell Maltz's Psycho-cybernetics, a book I still refer back to. I've only recently gotten into TR, and from him into Jim Rohn and Napoleon Hill and that side of the tracks.

I won't lie, I still have to fight my inner critic sometimes. But what matters most is the results. I'm an entirely different person now than I was 18 months ago. And that's an on-going process. I've *been better* -- not felt, measurably improved -- in the last 2 months than in the last 5 years.

No argument will convince a skeptic, which is why I don't argue with skeptics (or anyone else). Arguments, online especially, have a whole lot more to do with ego and identity and framing than with a fair exchange of ideas on merit.

I'm not trying to convince anyone. All I can say is this. Me in 2013 would have scoffed with the best of the scoffers. Me, right now posting this, is sold.

You don't have to drop thousands on the next Tony Robbins seminar. But there is more to his ideas than smoke and mirrors. It is no exaggeration when I say this is life-changing stuff if you give it an honest shake. If you've decided it's garbage because you already know everything, are you surprised when it doesn't work? Evidently some people are.

It's worth having a think about how a skeptical attitude might otherwise influence your outcomes. I know I thought I was putting Truth above everything else... and it turns out I was just being a cynical jackass, which explained a WHOLE LOT of my life-outcomes.

Your mileage may vary, of course.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
The only book of his I've read is Unshakable and that's not fastlane.

His early book, Awaken the Giant Within is really good for some psychological perspectives. It's an old book, but it is transcendent, and still relevant today.

jlwilliams

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Dec 14, 2014
I've got his disks in my car as we speak. I'm in the second week. Im listening to the disks and (this is important) I do the homework. Each section has an action and some writing in your notebook that you do to bring the material out of the realm of "I listened to that on my way to...." and into the realm of "this is what I'm doing! I'm charting out these actions, to this goal for this reason!"

I've heard people dismiss Robbins as a "positive thinking guru" but in think that's selling his body of work short.

What has been said about his financial advice is spot on. While his process for helping you identify your why and identify and take massive action toward solid goals is "fastlane" the bulk of his specifically financial advice is geared more toward the rest of the world. While "live smaller now, user the power of compounding interest" isn't what is going to create a fortune in five years, it is advice more people should follow. Remember, there are millions of people who aren't even moving down the slow lane. They are driving in reverse on credit card debt. "Pay down that card and save a buck or two" is a massive action for those people and Tony is doing them a solid by getting that through their heads.

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
In other words, what he discusses in his latest book is NOT how he got rich.

Sorry, but it screams a paradox of practice... the age-old, do as I say, don't do as I do. (And sorry, Icahn, Buffet, et. al. are all activist investors, they have absolutely ZERO in common with the Joe-Blow eTrade investor who buys 100 shares of stock.)

I've been always a big fan of Tony, not so much anymore. I pretty much expose the hypocrisy in my next book as well, you ain't gonna like it. :blank:

Aside from his latest Slowlane shilling junket, his early books are definitely worth the read.

You know me. I believe everyone can and SHOULD become an entrepreneur. Blows my mind more people don't see it (my own belief systems) -- and that path laid out in MMG (clarifying: 401k investing outside of tax structuring here in the U.S.) is not my path -- nor has it ever been a part of my plan.

And you also know there's nothing you can say that would offend me :)

I'm not defending the idea by any means but I do see some things behind the scenes that others aren't privy to. The intentions behind the books, the company surrounding it, the ultimate goals, and what he's trying to accomplish. And Id definitely say it's not as black and white as it might seem... (that's probably a much bigger conversation had over a drink)

But I think there's very few people like you and I who've read all of Suze Orman's stuff, Ramsey's stuff, and the dozens and dozens of others out there and understand their point of view well enough to debate it properly.

Hell, I'd probably argue most people commenting on this thread know nothing about Tony. Haven't read a single book of his, have never attended a seminar, never listened to an audio they just repeat a belief system they heard from someone else.

In my humble opinion I think the key distinction or difference is that just because I don't always agree doesn't mean I don't educate myself on their point of view -- not that you don't -- but there are many people in the community who are missing this point.

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
The GROUP RITUALS they have never been much of that effect.

A friend of mine tried something like that and he said the exact same things by Mj.

Robbins 'a specialist in selling the EVENT and and' he who makes mental reinforcement and not just applying his PROCESS.

i see tony robbins work as entertainment. the true value for me is the early tony Robbins character of the 80's.

his mentor was Jim Rohn, a business philosopher. Tony understood the power of Jim Rohn's advice called "the day that turns your life around."

Walking on the beach as a young adult with no future , Tony said to himself " enough is enough"

then he went home to start his new life

this is the only thing that matters for me in the Tony Robbins story

not the 30 years of business selling motivational stuff.

but the "enough is enough" said on the beach. this is unbelievable

it is more valuable than the next 30 years of business because all start from this

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
Tony Robbins will go down as one of the most effective con men to ever live.
Have seen some dumb posts on this forum...... Got to be one of the most baseless I've ever seen ..... Care to back up your statement?

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
If you're self-motivated you're self-motivated.
If you're not, you're not.

Nothing Tony can do to change your whole life around any more than a pastor can touch your leg and you go "Oohh! I can see now! I can finally walk after being bedridden for 45 yrs!"

The thing to learn from Tony is not self-motivation or self-improvement, confidence or optimism..... it's about learning how to build your personal brand that can charm others, his style of marketing, what makes the masses bow to him and do as he commands, what is it that he has that makes people feel good and come back for more, and how he is able to make even veteran businessmen and celebs submit to him.

If one can apply even some of these know-hows to their business, it would likely go up by leaps and bounds.

I just started reading this book called Brand Seduction after seeing another member drop the recommendation in another post. It seems Tony has built a "brand fantasy" as what is mentioned in the book......

You are arguing from a deep well of ignorance, my friend.

Our next event in Singapore, I'll get you a ticket for free. Send me a message.

andyhaus44

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
May 17, 2017
St. Charles, MO
Up until a couple of months ago, I thought Tony was all about pump up and hype and boy, was I WRONG. He is amazing! A couple of months ago, I made a commitment to watch 1 TR video everyday and now I love him. Here are some the best videos I've seen so far.. My favorites are in bold.

The 7 Day Mental Diet
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3rGflix2q8

How to master your emotions
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58dZx48iu2M&t=534s

http://files.meetup.com/294521/The Ten Emotions of Power.pdf

Incantations
View: https://youtu.be/oCp25c333oo

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6V75B_K2kM&t=100s

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGzl9SRtQas

Priming
Explained: What Tony Robbins Does Every Morning

In action: [High QUALITY] - Tony Robbins - 10 Minute Priming Routine 2017 (Live from New York UPW)

The power of priming and remembering to “train” yourself

TONY ROBBINS: PRIME YOUR BRAIN FOR SUCCESS (Eye Opening Speech)

RPM

Explained: Tony Robbins' Rapid Planning Method

How to do it: How I Plan My Day Using Evernote (Tony Robbins RPM Method) Tony Robbins How to Use RPM.wmv

Big rocks first, blocked time, scheduled time - Tony Robbins How to Use RPM.wmv

Why it’s important to stay hydrated

Tony Robbins and Sage Share 3 Health Tips, Hydration, Alkaline Water, Zig and Zag Days

Red light therapy
Tony Robbins on the NovoTHOR Whole-Body Light Bed & LX2 Handheld

Morning questions
Tony Robbins - How To Train Your Brain To Stay Focused (Tony Robbins Motivation)

Heart exercise
Tony Robbins - Gratitude Meditation (5-minutes Guided)

Keep three $100 bills in your wallet (2:58 - 3:20)
Motivation Tony Robbins | Anthony Tony Robbins on State

Rebounding
5 Reasons To Start Using A Rebounder Today

Research has shown that rebounding will help your lymphatic system the most. Each day, 20–30 minutes of rebounding will help provide the ideal conditions for cleansing your cells.

Power pose
TONY ROBBINS: This simple trick will make you more assertive in 2 minutes

The best way to learn
Tony Robbins: The most powerful way to learn & achieve more

The 5 disciplines of love and how relationships work

Tony's Message for the Guys ( But Ladies, You'll Appreciate This!) | Tony Robbins

What Makes Relationships Work? | Tony Robbins

The Dickens Pattern
Tony Robbins - The Dickens Pattern

'The 4-Hour Workweek' author says a 3-step process he learned from Tony Robbins drastically improved his life

The rocking chair test
TONY ROBBINS: How to get over your fear of failure

The pain and pleasure principle
Pain and Pleasure - Personal Power Audiobook by Anthony Robbins

The 2-Millimeter Rule

Tony Robbins- One Millimeter Off.flv

Tony Robbins 2mm rule. STEP UP

The Swish method
Anthony Robbins - Swish Pattern

The 3 mandates of leadership
Tony Robbins The 3 Mandates of Leadership

1. See it as it is, not worse than it is
  2. See it better than it is
  3. Make it the way you see it

The 90 second rule - I started calling this the SUB rule because its easier for me to remember.
Think of Stressful, Unfinished Business that you have, then immediately breathe deep into your heart and feel grateful for 3 different things for 30 seconds each

Oz Talk: Tony Robbins

How to develop daily rituals
Anthony Robbins - How To Develop Daily Rituals To Live Exceptional Life!!!

Tony Robbins On Rituals

Ultimate Success Formula
Tony Robbins Anthony Robbins Unleash The Power Within UPW Volume 1 Ultimate Success Formula

How to quickly change your state
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyOfcFenV6

How to build rapport
Best Methods to Build Rapport - Anthony Robbins

Book - Awaken The Giant Within
Awaken The Giant Within by Tony Robbins (Study Notes)

Emotional triad Tony Robbins: Your Emotional Triad (Motivation video)

The Success Cycle
The Success Cycle - Tony Robbins

Tony Robbins Success Cycle

How to raise your standards
Tony Robbins - Raise Your Standards

Hour of power
Tony Robbins Hour of Power Start Your Day Like Tony Robbins

Energy for life
Tony Robbins - Energy For Life

Interview by Tom Bilyeu
Master Happiness - Tony Robbins | Inside Quest #40

The ultimate resource for success
What is the ultimate resource for success? | Tony Robbins

Rocky story
Tony Robbins about Sly Stallone & Rocky Story

Motivation
TONY ROBBINS | 30 Minutes for the NEXT 30 Years of Your LIFE

Beliefs
The Power of Beliefs - Tony Robbins

Mastering sales
Mastering Sales | Tony Robbins Podcast

Find your true gift
Tony Robbins | Find Your True Gift: The 3 Gifts

How to master your life in 4 steps
The Success Cycle Of Personal Development Made Easy

Musts vs Shoulds
Motivation Tony Robbins | Anthony Tony Robbins on State

Tony Robbins inspired a pimp
Tony Robbins - Best Story Ever - Inspired a Pimp!

The 4 rules of decision making
How to Make a Decision & Decision Making Process by Tony Robbins
https://core.tonyrobbins.com/Global...obbins_The-Four-Rules-For-Decision-Making.mp3

Breathing technique
Tony Robbins Breathing Exercise

Last edited:

Choate

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Mar 25, 2014
Boston
I received Money: Master the Game from a relative for Christmas a year or two ago who know's of my desire to take a separate path. I got a chapter or two in and just can't do it. The book is essentially "The Slowlaner's Bible". I am not writing it off, and I am sure it is a sound book for the right audience. I can see it being a necessary read for a few different types of people. Someone who is essentially new to managing their finances, or fresh out of college and into a corporate job, or someone who is struggling with loan/debt and budgeting.

When I open to a random page and it is regurgitating advice about "investing early leads to bigger payoffs later" and all variances of that for 650 pages along with some motivation, it is not something that's going to benefit me now or in the long haul.

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego

V8Bill

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
334%
Feb 9, 2012
Australia
It's never time, money, people, resources -- it's how we THINK about those things.

^^ This ^^ is the lasting effect I got. Great post, thanks @Kung Fu Steve. Robbo's obviously got a big heart. No one could argue with that except people who haven't absorbed one of his books or audio series. GTE is what did it for me.

V8Bill

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
334%
Feb 9, 2012
Australia
It's an emotional high but eventually there's the comedown.
...Which (unless you're retarded) will leave you higher than before.

A truth is a truth and there's always an initial excitement when you discover a new truth as it's a wonderful thing but you'll always have the elevation as it raises you to a new understanding of a better way to think or behave.

Bearcorp

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Jul 2, 2012
Australia
Exactly.

A lot of his followers go to his events every year.

OK retards, tell me this: if his stuff caused such transformation, why do you need to do it every year?

Because it's for consumption, not production.
triggered.jpg

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018
Tony Robbins will go down as one of the most effective con men to ever live.
He conned me into bettering myself and improving my life. What a jerk!

MJ conned me into the fastlane. $18.53 gone just like that. 3 hours of my life reading gone just like that

Some people man.

D

Deleted50669

He conned me into bettering myself and improving my life. What a jerk!

MJ conned me into the fastlane. $18.53 gone just like that. 3 hours of my life reading gone just like that

Some people man.
I said nothing about MJ's book. It has the same effect for me. But uh, when someone gathers you into a room and chants ra ra ra and has you walk on hot coals, I have to call bullshit.

Chazmania

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
May 23, 2013
USA
Agreed that Tony mostly talks about slowlane wealth approach but like Bill said he's speaking to the masses. Not everybody wants to work themselves to death for 3 - 7 years to possibly have a shot at millions because they'd rather have the cushy middle class life 'right now'.
He's speaking to his audience. His self improvement stuff is useful though and I'd say his material is relevant and effective. I've definitely used his material to improve myself over the years.

Siberia

Surprise
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
203%
Apr 30, 2016
Siberia
The GROUP RITUALS they have never been much of that effect.

A friend of mine tried something like that and he said the exact same things by Mj.

Robbins 'a specialist in selling the EVENT and and' he who makes mental reinforcement and not just applying his PROCESS.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.