The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Tony Robbins Fans? Unleash the Power?

Andur

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Mar 4, 2014
San Francisco
I love reading Tony Robbins' books, but I find it hard to justify paying what, to me, seems like a rather high price (at least on my current budget!). Shame because in truth, I wouldn't mind attending one of his seminars.

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts upon returning.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

snowbank

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Aug 10, 2007
Austin, TX

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
verrrry intimidating since it's a weight that you've never tried before.

Ha, I remember benching more than my body weight the first time, felt like flying.
Then benching twice my body weight and seeing the metal bar bend and move and thinking "oh man I'm glad I can control this" while my spotter was freaking out.
Its really therapeutic, I miss it.

Edit:
@HarryR You should have seen the peoples faces as I did three sets of 6 routinely xP
Nothing like weights to communicate cold hard reality

Last edited:

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
284%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
We're almost sold out for UPW Newark.

I'm prepping for UPW Florida right now.

November 9-12.

Nekoemon

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Aug 18, 2016
Over the rainbow
Hello Guys,
Maybe I'm wrong, but I have the impression he don't really talk about the same Mindset as FASTLANE (money quick, etc..)
I read by him many times councils about investments, long-term, etc.... and this term dosen't sound good to my ears.

Robbins' best skill, in my opinion, is to make NLP practical to use for anybody who doesn't want to struggle with over-technical readings. His stragtegies can be powerful if you use them a way that goes in the direction of your aspirations. This being said, his financial advices themselves are between the Slowlane and the Fastlane. Let's say they're a Slowlane without speed limit, if it makes any sense.

And do you think his new book UNSHEAKABLE worth the read ???

I just listened to the audio version and once again it's still full of good ideas. It's complementary to the Fastlane, but can't replace it.

STswiss

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Aug 16, 2015
Switzerland
My first Tony Robbins experience was reading his early days books. I like reading his old day books still or listening to the audio books.

In January 2017 I went to his Business Mastery event in Florida. There were 2'000 souls, and the event was five days. From my point of view, I had a few AHA moments. Was it worth the money? I think it was, depends on how you value the takeaways.

As a guy from Switzerland, I went to the States mainly because I believe that people in the US are much more outgoing and I wanted the full experience. And yes, the event was crazy! Anyways after day three of dancing and rubbing each other backs I preferred to go to the beach instead of staying there and to come back later. There is nothing wrong with upsells or keeping the crowd in a peak state, but after many talks at the Hotel bar, I realized that a part of the people is simply action faking. If you spend money (75k$ a year) for the Platinum Partnership and visit every event, by being not really in any business than keeping an eye at your parent's heritage, there is nothing I admire about that. I am just very picky when it comes to what people I surround myself with.

On the other hand, you will find many Fastlane Entrepreneurs at an event like this. This is where you will find the real value from an event like this. Tony and the Fastlaners will share so much of their experience and energy with you, what made it an extraordinary life experience to me. You will end up in the Hotel Lobby working till early morning hours with people you never met before.

Yes, there is a paradox of practice. He did seminars before anything else. But to be fair, you also have to see that he did not do seminars in his early days on "how to get rich." He did seminars and wrote books on how to get the best out of yourself. The paradox of practice comes with his two new books, and I think he switched his expertise in a not very senseful way. I mean if you hear him talking and if you read those books, you will know that he has not a real clue about money. People he is coaching, they have. He has access to those people but not the expertise to write books in those fields. And this is absolutely ok, simply don't do it...

I like him for that what he helped me with when it comes to motivation. I did the hour of power for weeks, and he made a difference in my life. Now he tries to satisfy everybody in the world, but his good is not ice cream :)

Zest

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Aug 21, 2018
I like to ask myself: if Tony was short, pudgy, had a weak voice, and was balding, would he be as successful? In other words, if he looked NOTHING like the father figure most people would have loved in their life, would he be successful?

I try to stay away from teachers with an overly charismatic guru-like aura.

The only book of his I've read is Unshakable and that's not fastlane.

Sanj Modha

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Feb 16, 2016
In Your Newsfeed
I'm a big TR fan. Everything he says makes sense to me.

Unshakeable is my next book to read.

MTEE1985

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
425%
Jun 12, 2018
Arizona
I’m literally listening to his podcast as I see this thread. It’s about providing massive value first and letting the market reward you later.

As mentioned above, with the vast amount of knowledge and material he has put out over the years everybody will find something they disagree with. (Cough cough “money, master the game” cough)

Don’t discount all of the good material available from him. Lots of it is free.

If you have 7 minutes I’d challenge you to watch the below video and not be inspired to get some sh*t done.
View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_S8QtLR-gZs

Last edited:

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
I like to ask myself: if Tony was short, pudgy, had a weak voice, and was balding, would he be as successful? In other words, if he looked NOTHING like the father figure most people would have loved in their life, would he be successful?

I try to stay away from teachers with an overly charismatic guru-like aura.

The only book of his I've read is Unshakable and that's not fastlane.

Exactly.

A lot of his followers go to his events every year.

OK retards, tell me this: if his stuff caused such transformation, why do you need to do it every year?

Because it's for consumption, not production.

giphy.gif

The thing about Tony Robbins, is that his videos make you feel very good, warm and fuzzy inside. It's wonderful material to listen to before sleeping. Kind of like a lullaby for adults. Soothing, assuring, in control,....you feel safe just hearing his voice....

rogue synthetic

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
310%
Aug 2, 2017
Is it me just sobering up after a bender or has there been a streak of bitter cynicism around here lately?

(Both can be true)

Bearcorp

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Jul 2, 2012
Australia
Is it me just sobering up after a bender or has there been a streak of bitter cynicism around here lately?

(Both can be true)

People need to save the salt for their tequilas! Leave it off the forum :rofl:

D

Deleted50669

I'm not looking to change your opinion at all.

I just wanted to point out that this is a great example of the fact you can literally help 100,000,000s of people and still have haters.
What does he do that's helpful? Not being sarcastic, I actually want to hear that viewpoint.

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
323%
Feb 26, 2016
I'd point you back at @Kung Fu Steve 's response back on page one, for a quick review. The place to start would be (IMO) Awaken the Giant Within, with Unlimited Power as a close second. You can probably grab a copy of either for under 10 bucks or grab it from the library if you've got a decent one nearby.

ZCjDCtN.gif

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
You are arguing from a deep well of ignorance, my friend.

Our next event in Singapore, I'll get you a ticket for free. Send me a message.

I appreciate your kindness and gesture, but a couple years ago (last year I think?), there was a Tony Robbins event (UPW) in Singapore, near my old workplace, and..., I just shake my head at these guys for those few days when I walk pass the venue (it was at Expo that time).

I'm definitely not a TR prospect or a lead, but I have to stress that I admire the things TR and his team are doing, not everyone has the charisma he does. In fact, I would say among all the folks I've seen in action in my life, he is the most charismatic of all.
:thumbsup:

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
284%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior

ravenspear

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
208%
Jul 25, 2016
How about Suze Orman an Entrepreneur telling others to scrape not become entrepreneurs.

Süze Orman served a useful niche imo. Her message wasn't about entrepreneurship but it was mostly about helping people transition from the sidewalk to a more responsible financial habits in the slowlane.

Recognizing that most people do not have what it takes to become fastlane entrepreneurs, this message served a purpose and definitely helped a lot of people get on a better financial footing.

Entre Eyes

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Sep 7, 2019
Traveling to Higher Conciousness
Süze Orman served a useful niche imo. Her message wasn't about entrepreneurship but it was mostly about helping people transition from the sidewalk to a more responsible financial habits in the slowlane.

Recognizing that most people do not have what it takes to become fastlane entrepreneurs, this message served a purpose and definitely helped a lot of people get on a better financial footing.

Totally agree with that....but not fastlane entrepreneurs she does not suggest being any type of entrepreneur.

But I feel exactly the same way about Rich Dad Poor Dad..Who gives a F if there was a real rich dad or not there are so many scripted myths challenged that did alot of good in my opinion.

Mark Trade

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
Oct 16, 2019
Sydney Australia
Totally agree with that....but not fastlane entrepreneurs she does not suggest being any type of entrepreneur.

But I feel exactly the same way about Rich Dad Poor Dad..Who gives a F if there was a real rich dad or not there are so many scripted myths challenged that did alot of good in my opinion.

It's not so much the challenging of the scripts, but the Author's themselves. I have seen many many scripts, written years ago, being used over and over by different Authors claiming it as their own. You only have to search the Books in the Public Domain area, to see this. To copyright a new Book, now-a-day's, you only need to change 30% of the original content.!!!

ravenspear

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
208%
Jul 25, 2016
I went to UPW in Singapore back in September.

Hands down: TR is the GREATEST public speaker I've ever seen!

He was on stage, talking without a break or teleprompter for 8 hours a day. This guy is the real deal.

I’ve been to multiple events now in the US where he has spoken for over 12 hours on some days.

HarryR

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
May 21, 2013
NC, USA or traveling
Ha, I remember benching more than my body weight the first time, felt like flying.
Then benching twice my body weight and seeing the metal bar bend and move and thinking "oh man I'm glad I can control this" while my spotter was freaking out.
Its really therapeutic, I miss it.
2x bodyweight bench.. that is freaking badass

G2TS-Man

Inventor / Entrepreneur
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Sep 13, 2016
Somewhere in FRANCE
Ok thanks for replying. To be honnest, I ask this question because I didn't know if I have this impression because of my misunderstood of english language or if it is right !!
By writing this subject, I understand that Tony is speaking to the masses, and effectively not everyone aspiring to the FASTLANE, and I admit that he still Charismatic and inspiring.. But as the example @GatsbyMag used, this "slowlane thinking advice" make me puke... :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.