The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

To The Newbies - Throw Lines out!

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
Hey guys I just wanted to share something for all the newbies that might have just joined and don't know where to start and might feel a bit overwhelmed.

@Andy Black has some great posts and you should stalk his profile and internalise the mindset that will help you to get to where you want to be.

This is a great starting point and i will give you a couple of examples of how this has worked for me.

Now I have a few things going on right now, i have put my name out there and spoken to people a bit about adwords over the last couple of months.

Just general chit chat, not trying to sell the business owners just speaking to them about how adwords could potentially help there business.

This morning i get this message.
Adwords.JPG

I threw the adwords line out a couple of months ago and my time investment for this was about 2 - 3 hours in total.

Now i have a skype meeting next week to have a chat about what they need and to help them out.

Another example is from purely networking with other entrepreneurs in REAL LIFE not online.

This gentleman has a business and is unsure about how to set up a website, i showed him the sites i have set up for myself and that he shouldn't waste money paying someone to do it, to just do it himself and how to go about it.

I explained and sent him links to everything he needs, what platforms he can use that would be suitable for the type of site and integrations he needs.

I gave him EVERYTHING he needed to start and do so for basically no cash.

Guess what?

He has still come to me to do the work as he doesn't have time to do it and knows that i will do the work well, i gave him so much value and free tools that would have cost him money, i did this without expecting anything in return other than helping another entrepreneur out.

He doesn't want to deal with people on fiverr and upwork that live in other countries.

He wants someone he trusts who he can have a beer with, check in with to see how im going with his project.

How much could you do this for he asks?

Me: No idea to be honest, lets just figure out the best way to get what you need done and done right.

Him: will $1000 do?

Me: yeh we should be able to figure something out.

Now this is not a closed deal, but is just an example of what can happen once you start to give value for free and people start to generally like and trust you.

Your first point of call as a newbie is to ask yourself everyday who you can help?

It doesn't have to be a huge thing, you can start opening the door for an old lady, doing the dishes for your parents.

Just start helping people and get into a rhythm.

I have not bought up money once, yet i have leads falling into my lap.

Throw lots of lines out offering to help people in different ways, and also ACTUALLY help them for FREE in anyway you can.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Hey guys I just wanted to share something for all the newbies that might have just joined and don't know where to start and might feel a bit overwhelmed.

@Andy Black has some great posts and you should stalk his profile and internalise the mindset that will help you to get to where you want to be.

This is a great starting point and i will give you a couple of examples of how this has worked for me.

Now I have a few things going on right now, i have put my name out there and spoken to people a bit about adwords over the last couple of months.

Just general chit chat, not trying to sell the business owners just speaking to them about how adwords could potentially help there business.

This morning i get this message.
View attachment 26201

I threw the adwords line out a couple of months ago and my time investment for this was about 2 - 3 hours in total.

Now i have a skype meeting next week to have a chat about what they need and to help them out.

Another example is from purely networking with other entrepreneurs in REAL LIFE not online.

This gentleman has a business and is unsure about how to set up a website, i showed him the sites i have set up for myself and that he shouldn't waste money paying someone to do it, to just do it himself and how to go about it.

I explained and sent him links to everything he needs, what platforms he can use that would be suitable for the type of site and integrations he needs.

I gave him EVERYTHING he needed to start and do so for basically no cash.

Guess what?

He has still come to me to do the work as he doesn't have time to do it and knows that i will do the work well, i gave him so much value and free tools that would have cost him money, i did this without expecting anything in return other than helping another entrepreneur out.

He doesn't want to deal with people on fiverr and upwork that live in other countries.

He wants someone he trusts who he can have a beer with, check in with to see how im going with his project.

How much could you do this for he asks?

Me: No idea to be honest, lets just figure out the best way to get what you need done and done right.

Him: will $1000 do?

Me: yeh we should be able to figure something out.

Now this is not a closed deal, but is just an example of what can happen once you start to give value for free and people start to generally like and trust you.

Your first point of call as a newbie is to ask yourself everyday who you can help?

It doesn't have to be a huge thing, you can start opening the door for an old lady, doing the dishes for your parents.

Just start helping people and get into a rhythm.

I have not bought up money once, yet i have leads falling into my lap.

Throw lots of lines out offering to help people in different ways, and also ACTUALLY help them for FREE in anyway you can.
Simple eh?

Well done executing!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!