The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Tips for your business logo design

Marketing, social media, advertising
U

User62861

Hi, hope this is the right place to post.

I do branding for businesses and startups. Logo is actually very important even for advertising, marketing and social media. Here are some easy tips if you're looking to get logo designed:

• 5 year olds can remember it

• It's not good if you can't see it or read it properly when you resize it to 1cm x 1cm size (example: Instagram profile image - mobile view)

• Kerning (space between letters) should be balanced

• It should work as all white logo on black background and other way around

• Use unique design only

• Be sure you have rights to use the font in your logo

• Simple is better (not too simple without any unique thing about it)

• Logo desn't have to explain your business

• Tagline is optional

• Look for consistency in lines and overall design

• Avoid Fiverr, Frelancerr and similar sites, 95% of ''professional designers'' there don't know sh!t about tips I've just given you and a lot more. If designer doesn't give you any explanation, why he/she did something, hire another one!
Some people think they're doing fine without an excellent branding and online presence, but they never consider how far they can go with a better look.

If you have any more questions on what to look for when getting logo design just ask, I'll be happy to give you some advice.

Thanks.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
@Logomet. Some excellent ideas in your post.

Logo desn't have to explain your business
I agree that this is true but I suggest that if a logo can in some way display the benefits of the product, or the brand story, that can be a plus.

For example the Target chain's red and white bullseye logo is unmistakable. Here are just 2 others that tell the story:
upload_2018-12-5_10-20-55.png The hidden arrow in the EX is a subliminal message that says "Express"
upload_2018-12-5_10-21-24.png "Life's Good" is the related slogan, translated into a clever smiley emoji look.

Your comment about "Avoiding Fiverr, Freelancer and similar sites" is spot on. The only way I would allow their use would be if the brand owner knew exactly what he/she wanted and was prepared to insist on their instructions being followed.

That is assuming that the brand owner understands the purpose of a logo in the first place.

Walter

Last edited:
U

User62861

@Logomet. Some excellent ideas in your post.

I agree that this is true but I suggest that if a logo can in some way display the benefits of the product, or the brand story, that can be a plus.

For example the Target chain's red and white bullseye logo is unmistakable. Here are just 2 others that tell the story:
View attachment 22720 The hidden arrow in the EX is a subliminal message that says "Express"
View attachment 22721 "Life's Good" is the related slogan, translated into a clever smiley emoji look.

Your comment about "Avoiding Fiverr, Freelancer and similar sites" is spot on. The only way I would allow their use would be if the brand owner knew exactly what he/she wanted and was prepared to insist on their instructions being followed.

That is assuming that the brand owner understands the purpose of a logo in the first place.

Walter

Walter
Hidden messages are always good in a logo design. FedEx logo is absolute king!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
Very cool.
Must admit, not noticed that before. :)
You might not have consciously noticed it, but subliminal messages have a way of penetrating our subconscious. Great for appealing to a market without being too obvious.

Walter

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.