The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Three necessary conditions for a sale to happen

Marketing, social media, advertising

Practic

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Nov 29, 2022
For a sale to happen the following three necessary conditions must be met:

1) exposure condition (people should know about a product or service);

2) need/want condition (people need/want the product/service to solve their problems);

3) ability to pay condition (people need to have money to pay for the product/service).

All three conditions must be met for a sale to happen. If at lest one condition is not met then a sale will not happen. Here are some examples.

Example 1

Suppose you placed advertisement and this resulted in 10,000 visitors to your website, but none of those visitor has a need for your product/service. There will not be any sales in this case.

Example 2

Suppose that among 10,000 visitors to your website 100 have a need/want for your product/service but they have no ability to pay. There will not be any sales in this case.

All traditional advertising and marketing methods (including SEO, GoogleAds, web traffic generation, etc.) can only increase exposure (condition 1). They can not create a need or increase ability to pay by a customer.

Ability to pay of consumers is strongly correlated with economical conditions. For example, when there is a recession and companies laid off workers, purchasing powers of consumers diminish. They spend less and prioritize products/services they buy. The similar situation occurs when there is an inflation.

To increase purchasing powers of consumers (condition 3) the following methods can be used by businesses:

a) refer a friend programs;

b) revenue sharing programs;

c) income sharing programs.

For the reason that it is a big topic, I will make separate posts for each program in the near future.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
For a sale to happen the following three necessary conditions must be met:

2) need/want condition (people need/want the product/service to solve their problems);

3) ability to pay condition (people need to have money to pay for the product/service).

All three conditions must be met for a sale to happen. If at lest one condition is not met then a sale will not happen. Here are some examples.

Example 1

Suppose you placed advertisement and this resulted in 10,000 visitors to your website, but none of those visitor has a need for your product/service. There will not be any sales in this case.

Example 2

Suppose that among 10,000 visitors to your website 100 have a need/want for your product/service but they have no ability to pay. There will not be any sales in this case.

All traditional advertising and marketing methods (including SEO, GoogleAds, web traffic generation, etc.) can only increase exposure (condition 1). They can not create a need or increase ability to pay by a customer.

Ability to pay of consumers is strongly correlated with economical conditions. For example, when there is a recession and companies laid off workers, purchasing powers of consumers diminish. They spend less and prioritize products/services they buy. The similar situation occurs when there is an inflation.

To increase purchasing powers of consumers (condition 3) the following methods can be used by businesses:

For the reason that it is a big topic, I will make separate posts for each program in the near future.
Have you read a book called The Millionaire Fastlane ?

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
Not yet, I am reading "UNSCRIPTED " now.
As for "FASTLANE" I watched several youtube videos, which highlight main ideas of the book. They do not mention income sharing or revenue sharing programs.
Have you got to the part in "Unscripted " on Network Expansion that says "Network expansion is finding partners who share a similar purpose and synergizing your effort"? I would suggest finishing his books so you can benefit from what he has already figured out, and then work from there.

Bekit

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Aug 13, 2018

Sounds like an MLM.

If not an outright Ponzi scheme.

LOL.

Fishy, fishy.

What are you recruiting for?

Practic

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Nov 29, 2022
Have you got to the part in "Unscripted " on Network Expansion that says "Network expansion is finding partners who share a similar purpose and synergizing your effort"? I would suggest finishing his books so you can benefit from what he has already figured out, and then work from there.

Thank you for you suggestion! I definitely finish the book.
There are some participants who have not read the book.
There are some participant who may be do not remember all.
In any way, even if I had repeated something -"repetition is the Mother of learning"

Last edited:

Practic

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Nov 29, 2022
Sounds like an MLM.

If not an outright Ponzi scheme.

LOL.

Fishy, fishy.

What are you recruiting for?
"What are you recruiting for?"

I am not recruiting.
I share information on some efficient methods.

"Fishy, fishy."

What is fishy?

Refer a friend programs are used today almost by any bank, by many companies like Uber, DropBox, T-Mobile, et.

On which planet are you living? :)

Bekit

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Aug 13, 2018
"What are you recruiting for?"

I am not recruiting.
I share information on some efficient methods.

"Fishy, fishy."

What is fishy?

Refer a friend programs are used today almost by any bank, by many companies like Uber, DropBox, T-Mobile, et.

On which planet are you living? :)
Fishy means questionable or suspicious.

Your posts are very representative of common MLM recruitment tactics:
  • Express interest in people.
  • Engage in dialogue with people.
  • Attempt to build trust and gain other people's confidence.
  • Obfuscate the truth about your motives.
  • Deny that it's an MLM at the outset.
  • Pretend that you're "helping people."
  • Make posts about tangentially-related topics that pose as "giving value" but "conveniently" happen to weave in mentions of things like...

If you haven't noticed, recruiting for MLMs isn't allowed on the forum. So if that's what you're secretly doing (which is exactly what it looks like), I recommend that you change your approach.

In case you're in an MLM yourself, I would recommend that you take a very careful look at their Income Disclosure Statement. Study it carefully to really understand what it's saying. You'll find that for most MLMs, at the bottom level of the pyramid, most people (usually more than 90% of people) spend more than they make with their MLM. And the ones who do make money might only make like $200 per year. This doesn't remotely compensate you for all the time you spent selling and giving that MLM free advertising.

So either you're at the bottom levels and you're generally PAYING the MLM, or you're at a higher level, and you're ok with recruiting a downline under you for your own benefit, knowing that the majority of them are going to lose money. Not cool either way.

Practic

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Nov 29, 2022

• Make posts about tangentially-related topics that pose as "giving value" but "conveniently" happen to weave in mentions of things like...

If you haven't noticed, recruiting for MLMs isn't allowed on the forum. So if that's what you're secretly doing (which is exactly what it looks like), I recommend that you change your approach.

In case you're in an MLM yourself, I would recommend that you take a very careful look at their Income Disclosure Statement. Study it carefully to really understand what it's saying. You'll find that for most MLMs, at the bottom level of the pyramid, most people (usually more than 90% of people) spend more than they make with their MLM. And the ones who do make money might only make like $200 per year. This doesn't remotely compensate you for all the time you spent selling and giving that MLM free advertising.

So either you're at the bottom levels and you're generally PAYING the MLM, or you're at a higher level, and you're ok with recruiting a downline under you for your own benefit, knowing that the majority of them are going to lose money. Not cool either way.
>If you haven't noticed, recruiting for MLMs isn't allowed on the forum.

In MLM a company sell products to participants and then force them to resell the product to other people (usually their friends, relatives, etc.).

I am not selling or reselling products on this forum. I am not recruiting people for my downline. I am not participating in any MLM. The methods I had mentioned are not prohibited on this forum or in any other place.

Your accusations can be applied to any post on any forum.

bpbrewer

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
209%
Oct 26, 2022
Sunny California

Don't forget "Trust". Even if people have pain, are aware that you have the solution and want it, and have the ability to pay for it, they will not buy if they don't trust you.

Practic

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Nov 29, 2022
Don't forget "Trust". Even if people have pain, are aware that you have the solution and want it, and have the ability to pay for it, they will not buy if they don't trust you.

"Don't forget "Trust"."

Thank you bpbrewer!

Very valid point, if people make rational decisions. Often they do irrational decisions. For example, many crypto companies were risky, there was no trust to many of them, but people were buying crypto from them because greed forced them to make irrational decisions. Another example would be big corporations and banks. Many people do not trust them, but buy products/services from them.

bpbrewer

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
209%
Oct 26, 2022
Sunny California
"Don't forget "Trust"."

Thank you bpbrewer!

Very valid point, if people make rational decisions. Often they do irrational decisions. For example, many crypto companies were risky, there was no trust to many of them, but people were buying crypto from them because greed forced them to make irrational decisions. Another example would be big corporations and banks. Many people do not trust them, but buy products/services from them.

I don't think trust comes from a rational place. Trust is more of an emotional response than a conscious one. People in general have a pretty good bullshit detector and it serves them well. But to be fair to your point, people are far better at rationalizing emotional decisions than they're at making rational decisions. Greed gets the best of people. They'll overlook red flags and rationalize poor choices.

Trust is more about "do I have a reasonable expectation that you'll deliver what you promised me". So although a person may not trust a big bank to not railroad the economy again, they do have a reasonable expectation that their money (up to a certain amount) is safe with the bank. And although people don't trust cable companies' business practices, they do have a reasonable expectation that the cable company will deliver TV programs to their tube.

Practic

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Nov 29, 2022
I don't think trust comes from a rational place. Trust is more of an emotional response than a conscious one. People in general have a pretty good bullshit detector and it serves them well. But to be fair to your point, people are far better at rationalizing emotional decisions than they're at making rational decisions. Greed gets the best of people. They'll overlook red flags and rationalize poor choices.

Trust is more about "do I have a reasonable expectation that you'll deliver what you promised me". So although a person may not trust a big bank to not railroad the economy again, they do have a reasonable expectation that their money (up to a certain amount) is safe with the bank. And although people don't trust cable companies' business practices, they do have a reasonable expectation that the cable company will deliver TV programs to their tube.

"Trust is more about "do I have a reasonable expectation that you'll deliver what you promised me"."

If we accept this position then trust is similar to a belief, so can easily be manipulated.

In the resent crypto boom (as in any assets mania) there was no a reasonable expectation that what is promised will be delivered. People were blinded by greed to make irrational decision. From this fact we can make conclusion that exists some link rationality/irrationality plays some role in our decisions to buy.

Practic

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Nov 29, 2022

It seems you confuses referral marketing with network marketing (MLM) and this confusion leads you to your suspicions.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Everytime someone posts generic "value posts" to "provide value" on forums especially for new accounts, my sixth sense tells me they're trying to hawk some services or products discretely lol It always starts with that. I've been seeing this since like a decade ago.

bpbrewer

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
209%
Oct 26, 2022
Sunny California
"Trust is more about "do I have a reasonable expectation that you'll deliver what you promised me"."

If we accept this position then trust is similar to a belief, so can easily be manipulated.

In the resent crypto boom (as in any assets mania) there was no a reasonable expectation that what is promised will be delivered. People were blinded by greed to make irrational decision. From this fact we can make conclusion that exists some link rationality/irrationality plays some role in our decisions to buy.

Yea trust can be manipulated, and quite often it is. This is how scams work. But manipulating trust is not a recipe for a successful business model.

Also, it’s a generalization to imply that all crypto is a scam. Yea, there is a bunch of fraud, but there are tons of legitimate companies in the space too. We can’t put a blanket statement on that industry, we need to examine each organization individually. Plus, most people that put their money into high-risk speculative investments accept some sort of risk that their money can go poof really quickly. But that’s not the problem.

The problem is when disingenuous “companies” try to disguise themselves as legitimate businesses. That can work in the short term, and they can swindle money out of people quite effectively, but sooner or later they will be discovered, and trust will be violated. And when trust goes away, so does any prospect of continuing business.

If FTX reopened their doors tomorrow, do you think people are gonna be like “hell yea, let’s go!”? Nope, they’re done. They’ve exposed themselves as the fraud that they were.

Practic

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Nov 29, 2022
Yea trust can be manipulated, and quite often it is. This is how scams work. But manipulating trust is not a recipe for a successful business model.

Also, it’s a generalization to imply that all crypto is a scam. Yea, there is a bunch of fraud, but there are tons of legitimate companies in the space too. We can’t put a blanket statement on that industry, we need to examine each organization individually. Plus, most people that put their money into high-risk speculative investments accept some sort of risk that their money can go poof really quickly. But that’s not the problem.

The problem is when disingenuous “companies” try to disguise themselves as legitimate businesses. That can work in the short term, and they can swindle money out of people quite effectively, but sooner or later they will be discovered, and trust will be violated. And when trust goes away, so does any prospect of continuing business.

If FTX reopened their doors tomorrow, do you think people are gonna be like “hell yea, let’s go!”? Nope, they’re done. They’ve exposed themselves as the fraud that they were.

"They’ve exposed themselves as the fraud that they were."

It depends on his talents to act and manipulate public opinion. If he is a great actor and has a talent for manipulations, he will play an innocent victim, find some scapegoats to blame and will win trust of many people. Such thing happened in the past. I will not be surprised if it happen in this case.

It seems to me that something subjective and prone to manipulation is not a real factor affecting consumers decisions to buy products/services.

Let us consider the following example. Suppose a person needs a product. This person searches the product on internet and is redirected by Google to some unknown site. If the need is strong and stronger than risk aversion then the person buys the product, even so there is no trust in this case. On the other hand, if risk aversion is stronger than the need then this person will not buy the product.

It is a relation between risk aversion and strength of the need, that is the factor that influence decisions to buy, not a trust. Do you agree?

Practic

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Nov 29, 2022
Everytime someone posts generic "value posts" to "provide value" on forums especially for new accounts, my sixth sense tells me they're trying to hawk some services or products discretely lol It always starts with that. I've been seeing this since like a decade ago.

It seems you are confusing “informing about a solution” with “promoting a solution”. There is nothing wrong when members inform about solutions they have in their posts or introductions. It is not prohibited and such information has a tremendous value to all who is searching for such solutions to their problems. What value your post has? It is outside of the topic discussed, therefore it has zero value. Can you add something to this thread that has at least a some positive value?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.