• Discuss Entrepreneurship | Start-Ups | Starting a Business | Wealth | Money | Success | Investing
  1. Escape the Grind. Resurrect The Dream. Live Happily Ever After.

Become an UNSCRIPTED™Entrepreneur.

Don’t just build a business—build a life and a legacy. UNSCRIPTED™ Entrepreneurship is a specific subset of business creation that awakens dreams, frees time, and explodes incomes—but more importantly, it changes lives.

Make no mistake; this isn’t something you “try”— this is something you live.
    KICKSTART YOUR PERSONAL REVOLUTION TODAY.
    Get The Book(s) Download More Info Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

Change Yourself.
Change Your Life.
Change The World.

Tired of broke bloggers giving you advice? Within minutes, get millionaire advice from real entrepreneurs who live the dream.

This is what happens when you violate the commandment of CONTROL :\

Discussion in 'General Entrepreneur Discussion' started by Fred Chevry, Aug 12, 2017 at 12:55 AM.

FORUM SEARCH

Need answers about entrepreneurship? Search FIRST! More than likely your entrepreneurial topic has already been discussed.
Powered by Google Site Search.
  1. Fred Chevry

Fred Chevry Bronze Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $725
    So this dude from my home town got very popular on YouTube a couple years ago and has been able to grow enough to make a living only from his channel, which is actually a very rare occurrence despite of what many of them try to make their viewers believe.

Today he showed in his most recent video that YT removed monetization from all his videos; because they don't like his content anymore. BAM. Pretty much overnight, he went from living the life to "Sh*t.. I need to start coaching people online".

Entry: Privileged relationship with celebrities
    Need: Was the first channel of the kind, and there was a demand for it
    Time: Passive residual income from his videos, well after they were uploaded
    Scale: Millions of followers worldwide
    Control: SH*T!!!

Violating the commandment of Control is very insidious, because you can do very well for quite some time until you don't. I have a friend who's running an incredible truck transportation business for... a single big client... Do you see a potential horror story at the horizon?

jmusic, E-Sharp, tpjay and 13 others like this.
  2. Ceewo

Ceewo Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $682
    It's funny, just yesterday i was watching a few videos about bodybuilding which i'm very interested in and few of the biggest channels got demonetized and the first thing which crossed my mind was CONTROL.

Fpm9, Steve11, jon.a and 2 others like this.
  3. Jurica22

Jurica22 Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $133
    The thing about famous YouTubers is, they can take control and make 10x the money they would otherwise.

Some of the most successful YouTubers you see don't have the most subs, but they have their own businesses (ie. clothing line, supplements).

It isn't hard for them to take control, and get even more out of demonetazation.

tpjay, Scot, Steve11 and 4 others like this.
  4. Fred Chevry

Fred Chevry Bronze Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $725
    Damn right. It's like the Instagram strippers who's only online revenue consists of a 5% affiliate cash back on Fit Tea sales. Noooo Dammit!!! The smart ones are those who use social media to promote their super VIP private Snapchat account for a juicy monthly fee and sell them autographed posters, coffee mugs and realistic inflatable body parts. That's entrepreneurship!

Jurica22 and jon.a like this.
  5. JAJT

JAJT Ha Ha! Business Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $37,213
    Out of curiosity - does youtube demonetize for specific violations or are they just punishing popular channels for "wrong think"?

The number of "neutral" companies I keep hearing about who are using their power and influence to push their own sociopolitical agendas is really bothering me lately.

I really respected Shopify who took the strong, neutral stance against censoring Breitbart earlier this year. They "get it". They said "we don't like them, but that's not the point". They stayed out of the sociopolitical mud.

Regardless, control is important, and this is an excellent lesson of that.

I just think there's also something to be said about the need for partnerships in business (you can't do everything) and the increasing tendencies for supposedly neutral parties to stab you in the back.

If I sell a product - I rely on factories to make them, shipping companies to ship them, borders to import and export them, platforms to advertise them on, servers to run the websites on, payment processors to let me charge for them, and a million other nuances out of my control. I really think we need to start getting angry at our "neutral" partners who decide to take sides. To me, this is the kind of thing worth making a stink about.

6. garyjsmith

garyjsmith Bronze Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $377
    Wow, that [real] example really drives the point home. I couldn't imagine

7. Ika

Ika Too slow Read The Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,771
    Thank you for sharing the story!

Even though that is not the point of this thread, maybe there are different ways to regain his control while keep creating content.

(EDIT: I wrote this list to you and then realised your friend has the youtube channel.)

Income Control:
    - Take on Product Placements
    - Take on (regular) Sponsors
    - Promote Products in exchange for equity
    - Create your own product
    + lowest end: Create your own merch
    + highest end: Create a normal product your viewers need, use your youtube channel to promote it
    (Beauty YouTuber creates a facewash, promotes it to her fans)​

Brand Control
    - Create other Social Media accounts, cross-promote between them
    - Create a website as 'the end of the sales funnel'
    - Create a blog with written, in depth articles about your video-topics
    - Create a forum for your fans to meet

Now, all of these options depend on the "market" he is in, the kind of videos he is making and his relationship with his viewers.

8. Fred Chevry

Rep Bank:
    $725
    There are indeed a thousand ways this can be fixed if someone bothers putting in the work.

Ika likes this.
  9. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $219,396
    Admin Post
    Wrong think.

It his happening on so many levels now within big-tech it is reaching Soviet Union proportions.

The guy behind the "F*ck Zuck" posters is now banned because poor old F*ckerberg doesn't like his opinion. I'm sure his page wouldn't be banned and Zuck would have been OK with it had it said "F*ck Trump" or "F*ck Jesus".

Street Artist's Facebook Page Shut Down as "Hate Speech" After Zuckerberg Stunt

This is where we are at now folks where if big tech doesn't like your opinion, you're banned, censored, and gagged. They're building the largest echo chambers on the planet. From G0ogle searches, to tweets, to Redditing, FB pages and posts, if you don't fall into the prescribed narrative, be prepared to be censored.

"The smart way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of acceptable opinion, but allow very lively debate within that spectrum....”

As it should.

However all of these censoring activities should be a boon on opportunity for entrepreneurs who want to fight the Scripted groupthink.

10. Ravens_Shadow

Ravens_Shadow Forging My Own Reality Read The Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $6,703
    While reading your post I was thinking about how much opportunity there is for entrepreneurs who create companies that allow information to flow freely across the web. Lots of room to improve services that are currently out there, even if they are some of the biggest companies on the world. Censoring is becoming a huge issue within large companies. But the savvy entrepreneur could probably build something much better.

OldFaithful and MJ DeMarco like this.
  11. G-Man

G-Man Legendary Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $6,257
    Thanks Chomsky. The Google guy that got canned last week actually quoted that in an op-ed at the WSJ.

This all just sounds like an opportunity for people that are willing to not go political and privacy violating. I switched to duckduckgo over the weekend, and have been in the process of switching all the important stuff that uses my gmail account over to Zoho.

12. Andy Black

Andy Black Any colour, as long as it's red. Staff Member Read The Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $120,899
    Was just wondering about this now that Facebook Watch is due...

13. Sequential

Sequential Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $175
    Not just Youtube, this guy got banned or deleted or content removed from Youtube, FB, Instagram and Twitter all at once yesturday.
    View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuZG1I2MpAs

Reason? SJW's don't like him...

Given that there is always someone who doesn't like what you do/sell/promote, the internet is going to be a real struggle in the future IMO.

OldFaithful likes this.
  14. JAJT

JAJT Ha Ha! Business Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $37,213
    I agree, I also think a lot of attempts to do this recently have SERIOUSLY fallen short (making the opportunity all the more riper).

The biggest hurdle is making it clear that you stand for free expression and lack of censorship without attracting belligerent racists and sexists and "whack jobs" as your early adopters.

While I respect everyone's right to express their opinions, even ones I strictly oppose (which is the more important part), the reality is that when the majority of your user base is considered "unsavory" it becomes really hard to get away from that negative image.

It's a tough nut to crack.

15. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $219,396
    Admin Post
    I did that a long long time ago, and not in a galaxy far far away. Now I only try to TAKE money from Goolag, instead giving it to them.

16. Fred Chevry

Rep Bank:
    $725
    This is scary AF. I just now realize how google filters my access to information to shove it's agenda down my throat. Going full duck from now on. Thanks guys..!

17. Fpm9

Fpm9 New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $72
    If you're talking about lui, I noticed that he recently started doing videos about social issues / politics. I bet he got reported by a bunch of offended feminists.

Fred Chevry likes this.
  18. Ceewo

Ceewo Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $682
    [​IMG]

Fred Chevry, jmusic and Fpm9 like this.
  19. SheikhNaveed

SheikhNaveed PARKED

Rep Bank:
    $2
    So what about MJ book on Amazon that made him millions and that is what his actual business is.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk