The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

This is INSANITY!

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
This is currently one of my favorite threads. Mostly because I'm really lazy and I needed a fire under my a$$ in order to get back into the whole exercise thing (I'm not afraid to admit it!).

Should this be part of the "Living Life" series?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
Should this be part of the "Living Life" series?
Good catch.

Done. Thread created.

So, this morning, I am in a lot of pain... so sore!

I also feel some pain in my knees, so I need to go easy on the jumping exercises for now, while I gain back some strength.

Pete799p

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Aug 18, 2011
I use to be in peak physical shape, but I ruptured 3 discs in my lower back when I was 20. After two years of extreme pain and no healing, I found a good neuro surgeon and got the surgery done. Unfortunately, from genetics, all the running I did early on in life, and a pre-existing condition, I'm doomed hahaha. I'm getting back into good shape, but never will be able to squat 280 or bench 225 again. As long as that means I will never black out from standing up and walking 20 feet ever again... I'm okay with that.

If you dont mind me asking how you F-ed your back up. I have been going pretty hard in the weight room lately and my chiropractor recently advised me stop squating and deadlifting due to the risk of injury. I am really having a tough time with that as those are my two favorite exercises. I would rather squat then bench anyday.

BEAR

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Oct 11, 2007
Montana
I've done Insanity. Man is it an a$$ whoopin!

Usually run a cycle of it during the winter when weather doesn't permit outdoor activities.

Keep with it, make sure you aren't too hard on your joints, and you will see great returns.

P90X is great also and mixes in weights.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
If you dont mind me asking how you F-ed your back up. I have been going pretty hard in the weight room lately and my chiropractor recently advised me stop squating and deadlifting due to the risk of injury. I am really having a tough time with that as those are my two favorite exercises. I would rather squat then bench anyday.

Here is the deal with this, and remember i am no PhD.

I have a bad hip, so bad in fact that I am not allowed to run or squat unless I want to be in a wheelchair by 45. I don't run anymore or play impact sports, but I do still squat. You want to know what happened when i started squatting everyday... my hip, back and knees which were collateral damage, feel 10x better.

You have to really focus on doing it right with perfect form, and for me i can't be doing 300lb+ squats but i feel as with any body parts, strengthening the muscles around them will typically help everything function better, and in my case cured pain and issues. I'll never move up in that area, but slowly my leg muscles got bigger and more defined at a slow pace. I also didn't want to not do then because a deep squat sends a great CNS alert to everything else in your body, promoting growth and recovery.

Deadlifting is another story since my legs don't line up, but i try to modify and again dont load heavy loads that can break something. It seems to work well also.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
CNS alert
???? I googled it and could not find anything related to this....

make sure you aren't too hard on your joints
This is what I am struggling with... my knees are killing me right now so I have to go easy on the jumping exercises... which are like half of the plyo and cardio routines.

Yussef

Knowledge Recycler
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jan 30, 2012
I wonder how beastly his new Asylum workout will be in comparison?

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
I wonder how beastly his new Asylum workout will be in comparison?
I am not insane enough to even think about it.... for now.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
???? I googled it and could not find anything related to this....

Yeah that isnt the official name for it. essentially when you squat heavy weight and you squat real deep, your entire body will be under strain. This sends a signal to your Central Nervous System that it needs to grow to accomodate this load. You can overload your CNS by working it to hard or not recovering well enough.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
Saw the video. Don't want to even think about it for now.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
Cardio Recovery -- Done

Not sure why he calls it 'recovery', maybe cause I need professional support to help me recover after it.

Just 33 minutes but everything from my hip down is shaking.

Feel good!

Yussef

Knowledge Recycler
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jan 30, 2012
Cardio Recovery -- Done

Not sure why he calls it 'recovery', maybe cause I need professional support to help me recover after it.

Just 33 minutes but everything from my hip down is shaking.

Feel good!

I will pray for you.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
Yesterday I did not do the routine. It was my soccer night.

I can tell this, so far, is a big success.

Usually I would be OK the first 20 minutes of the match.

Last night I played the whole match. I think I was in great condition for 60-70 minutes of the match. Only the last 20 were tough and I ran out of air.

Huge difference, especially after only doing the exercising for less than a full week.

Very excited with the progress.

After all, if you recall, this was the reason I decided to start following this routine, to feel better and being able to enjoy the soccer matches.

So far, mission is being accomplished. Very happy with progress.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
Today's routine:

Pure Cardio -- Done

Man, this is tough.

I feel great though.

My legs are on fire, I am super tired, and very very happy with the progress.

Thanks all for the support.

Knowing I have to come back here and report progress makes a huge difference for me. I really appreciate you taking the time to read about my progress.

LamboMP

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Aug 13, 2007
Toronto
Keep up the good work man! Your doing great. Pure cardio is the worst.. doesn't matter how many times I have done it, dead tired afterwards but feel great.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Yeah accountability is key! In the mean time work it into making it feel normal to do the excersize and feel odd if you have not. That's how you keep it for life!

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
So yesterday was another "Plyometrics - Cardio" day.

I did not do as well as in other occasions. I felt tired so I went at a slower pace. Amazing, even this slower pace was faster than a mere week ago.

I tried and stuck with it and did as much as I could, but I did feel tired.

Today, based on the schedule, I am supposed to rest, but because I missed Saturday's video as I was playing soccer, I am off by a day.

Not sure if I will rest today or just do the next session. I am leaning towards taking the break because the following session is Pure Cardio, and that is brutal, and like I said, I was just tired last night.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
If you played soccer, consider that your workout and stick to what that plan has. Correct rest is as important as the workout itself. Thats when muscle actually burns resources and rebuilds itself. It also staves off injury. Good job so far, I am impressed!

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
I rested today.

I am actually missing working out today, but I know I needed the break. Almost ready for tomorrow's routine... bring it!

Yussef

Knowledge Recycler
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jan 30, 2012
I have no problem with the p90x workouts and will start training for the spartan race so that I am in shape enough to make it through it this summer...but the p90x yoga routine is the most difficult for me. I think many people underestimate the physical and mental strength required to complete a mid level yoga routine.

I can't be the only one. Holding plank position then going straight into upward dog destroys my arms to the point of no return.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
the p90x yoga routine is the most difficult for me. I think many people underestimate the physical and mental strength required to complete a mid level yoga routine.
It ranks up there with the hardest things that I've ever had to deal with. That thing was tough.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
I've pulled my back. I have a lot of pain, but I will keep going.

Funny thing is, I did not pull it while exercising, but the morning after, and doing nothing especial, was simply turning on my chair and boom, it went.

We'll see how it goes during tonight's routine.

For now, ibuprofen and a heat patch should help.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
I've been working on this but I am feeling the stress on my knees.

There are a lot of jumping exercises (plyometric routines) all over the place and I am feeling the pain in my knees. This has made me slow down a bit and go easier on some exercises, which is not helping.

I am trying to take it easy as to not get injured, but I can tell, it is just not the same.

Will continue doing what I can, but man, this is tough.

Roberteking78

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
48%
Nov 16, 2012
Keep it up. You inspired me to restart p90x. Halfway through my second week.

Get you some joint support (glucosamine chondroitin) at walmart for like 15 bucks. Great for the knees.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC

ambition21

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Nov 30, 2012
Not to be a buzz kill, but you guys would be much better off just getting on a solid lifting routine and watching your nutrition closely. May not be as exciting, but you'll see results MUCH faster and are MUCH less likely to get injured.

I've only been lifting for a year 5x/week and I've gotten some pretty insane results. I also (luckily :thumbsup:) haven't suffered any injuries. Check out leangains.com, seriously changed my life.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
Not to be a buzz kill, but you guys would be much better off just getting on a solid lifting routine and watching your nutrition closely. May not be as exciting, but you'll see results MUCH faster and are MUCH less likely to get injured.
Thanks for your good wishes.

For now I will stick to this one and see what progress and results I get.

If you noticed, one of my goals is to be able to play my soccer matches so being fit ranks higher than bulking up for now.

I also watch my nutrition, especially after realizing that I need to move and sweat all the crap I eat, so that makes me more conscious about it.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA

I've only been lifting for a year 5x/week and I've gotten some pretty insane results. I also (luckily :thumbsup:) haven't suffered any injuries. Check out leangains.com, seriously changed my life.

This is silly, I do the same as you. But i would not recommend it. One size does not fit all in the fitness industry. Andviv doesn't want to have to goto a gym, spend tons of time figuring out macros and recomps and all that shit. Its too complex for most. A lot of people want to follow something vs spend tons of time trying to de-construct it. Thus why programs sell, and if the users stick to it, they will see great results.

nitrousflame

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
195%
Aug 7, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
I've been through Insanity once before it definitely lives up to its reputation. The problem that I had last time is that I didn't stick with it after the program was over. This thread has inspired me to start the program again and I'm almost done with week two. I can tell that I'm making progress. That said, I'm doing things a little differently this time around. First of all, I'm taking it more at my own pace instead of trying to keep up with Shaun T. The very first time I did the fit test last year, I had to stop because I started to feel sick. This time around, I take breaks when I need them and then I jump back in when I'm ready. So far, so good.

My question to you Andviv, is what are your plans after you complete the program? Will you restart it?

Keep up the good work!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.