The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

This is INSANITY!

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
I just completed the first day if Insanity.

OMG this was just the fitness test. I almost puked. Tomorrow will be interesting.

Who else has done it?

I started it a few months back and only complete 10 days...

I just got started today as a way to feel fitter and be better for the holidays.

EDIT:
The fit test is a baseline to see how you are when you start and you are supposed to perform this every two weeks to track progress.

These are the exercises and reps I got:

1. Switch Kicks = 55 --not the best form though
2. Power Jacks = 40
3. Power knees = 60
4. Power jumps = 30
5. Globe jumps = 5 rotations (20 jumps)
6. Suicide jumps = 10
7. Push up jacks = 0 --couldn't do it, was barely breathing
8. Low Plank oblique = 33

I am supposed to improve these number in the next two weeks. We'll see.

Here is the sheet they provide:
fit+test+pics.jpg

EDIT 2: Adding the schedule here in case people wonder how it goes.
View attachment 4202

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Let me know how this goes. I am wanting to start after I hit my 190 target.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Boy you are going to have some serious DOMS tomorrow! Eat some good protein and take ibuprofen tonight to curb some of it ahead of time!

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
Let me know how this goes. I am wanting to start after I hit my 190 target.
Don't have to wait... go for it. You don't have to go at the level or speed they go. Even going slower is a heck of a cardio exercise. And it is not boring.

Eat some good protein and take ibuprofen tonight to curb some of it ahead of time!
Thanks. I am on it.

G

Guest12120

I tried it a couple of years ago and almost passed out during the fit test. The next day I almost passed out again. So I decided it's not for me if I want to stay alive. However I know people how finished it with some great results.

Roberteking78

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
48%
Nov 16, 2012
I did P90X for a 2.5 months at the beginning of the year. Really a great program. About to start another round.
Couple guys at work do Insanity and it seems like a really great program for toning and/or losing weight. P90X is the same, but you gain a little more muscle in the process.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
I added the fit test results I got to the first post.

dknise

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Aug 29, 2012
North Bend, WA
I'm jealous! Be nice to your back though! It's a high impact routine!

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
I'm jealous! Be nice to your back though! It's a high impact routine!
You are correct. My knees are not in the best shape (Torn ACL in both, meniscus on RT) so I go easy on the jumps. I am not 20 anymore. Still, I almost passed out and was dripping sweat like crazy.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
If you stick through a round or two of this Andres you can keep up the pace at a gym and get some serious muscle going. Making it a habit or part of your lifestyle/routine is the toughest part though. If you can mend that, the rest is easy!

dknise

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Aug 29, 2012
North Bend, WA
You are correct. My knees are not in the best shape (Torn ACL in both, meniscus on RT) so I go easy on the jumps. I am not 20 anymore. Still, I almost passed out and was dripping sweat like crazy.

hey hey hey there! Watch it! haha I'm 22 and have the back of a grandpa.;)

It's my go to joke now when old people complain about getting old... "well... when you get to my age, you're gonna be walkin around like this."

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Oh and BnP will get everyone motivated from what i hear. Thing 1 (snowbank) and thing 2 (RealOG) have been battling who will be the most homoerotic heterosexual male there in a compression shirt. Since I probably wont be there, they are now battling for 1st place instead of 2nd :p

Roberteking78

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
48%
Nov 16, 2012
I just completed the first day if Insanity.

OMG this was just the fitness test. I almost puked. Tomorrow will be interesting.

You very well may puke tomorrow. Plyometrics is serious business. Don't get discouraged, it's a leg routine and leg routines are the toughest ones to get through without puking. Go easy if you have to, there is such thing as over-training.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
Making it a habit or part of your lifestyle/routine is the toughest part though.

you are 105% correct and this is what I am going after... working the details of a complicated life these days (you know the details) so I am looking for ways to make this work. Thanks for your support and encouragement.

I'm 22 and have the back of a grandpa.
If there is anything you can do to improve this, by all means, please do. You are too young to be suffering this, so I hope you find a way to overcome this. Health is undervalued until we see our body betray us and our quality of life goes down quick.

who will be the most homoerotic heterosexual male there in a compression shirt.
I will battle for 5th or 6th place. That would be a good thing for now.

You very well may puke tomorrow.
Thanks. Will have a barf bag close by, just in case.

Plyometrics is serious business. Don't get discouraged, it's a leg routine and leg routines are the toughest ones to get through without puking.
I know. As I said, I started this same program months ago and I do remember this one. I know what's coming... call me masochist, Or maybe I am just insane.

Go easy if you have to, there is such thing as over-training.
Will do so, sir.

LamboMP

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Aug 13, 2007
Toronto
Finished it. You will get in good cardio shape that's for sure. You will need to mix in weights somewhere as it doesn't build much muscle just makes you super skinny.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
You will get in good cardio shape that's for sure.
That is the purpose for now... my soccer nights leave exhausted too soon and I can't enjoy the game as I am used to.

You will need to mix in weights somewhere as it doesn't build much muscle just makes you super skinny.
I will take that for now. At around 23% BF, I am OK with going skinny for some time and rebuild from there.

Finished it.
Are you doing any other routines? Did you just do one round?

LamboMP

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Aug 13, 2007
Toronto
Did 60 days, while complementing off days with the gym :)

The first day, Plyometric cardio circuit, I couldn't get through the warm up without stopping to rest. So don't feel bad, and I was in REALLY GOOD shape. It's just ridiculous.

After the first week, I could do everything without stopping. The best program ever for losing weight. I'd recommend it even if your 300 lbs. It will drop the pounds in weeks instead of months

dknise

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Aug 29, 2012
North Bend, WA
If there is anything you can do to improve this, by all means, please do. You are too young to be suffering this, so I hope you find a way to overcome this. Health is undervalued until we see our body betray us and our quality of life goes down quick.

I use to be in peak physical shape, but I ruptured 3 discs in my lower back when I was 20. After two years of extreme pain and no healing, I found a good neuro surgeon and got the surgery done. Unfortunately, from genetics, all the running I did early on in life, and a pre-existing condition, I'm doomed hahaha. I'm getting back into good shape, but never will be able to squat 280 or bench 225 again. As long as that means I will never black out from standing up and walking 20 feet ever again... I'm okay with that.:D

johnp

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Aug 29, 2011
Philly
haha try playing Ice Hockey at 11pm after eating a cheeseburger. Not a good combo. I guess that's why it's past 1am and I feel like I'm going to die. :puke:

atmosphere13

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Jul 23, 2012
San Diego, CA
I trained mma for 2 years and played sports all of my life and found the Insanity workout program to be the hardest thing I have ever done physically and mentally. Very few people can complete the 8 week program straight. Let alone do the workouts properly with the right form. That is the key btw.

So more power to you if you complete it and YES you will see results both physically and mentally. You will feel great after completing it. I finished the program and now use it about 3x a week and hit the gym on the other 3 days. It's a great program to add into your regimen, however i'd suggest finishing the program in its entirety first.

Also, i'd suggest doing this basic diet that gives instant results:

Do eat daily:

More greens (spinach, kale, broccoli)
Fruits (bananas, apples, oranges)
Baked chicken and fish
Whole grains (multi grain bread, cereals)

*take one fruit/vegtable shake in the morning and one protein shake after workout (h20 only, no milk) and another protein shake with half h20 half fat free milk at night.

Do not eat anymore:

Soda
white rice, white bread
anything with high sugar (including concentrate juices)
frozen dinners

This basic diet along with working out 5x/week will give anyone instant results. I can give intermediate/advanced diets that are easy to follow as well.

Cheers and good luck on the Insanity!

Felix II

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 6, 2010
I love Insanity!

Definitely a great workout. I've been doing it once a year for the last two years and will do it again in January. It's a great way to jump start the year.

As has already been mentioned, the only bad thing about it is the lack of weights.

Also, get some Accelerade. I'd drink one before, during, and/or after each workout. It really helps with energy and recovery.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
Day 2: Plyometric Cardio Circuit -- Done.

I did probably 55-60% of the whole thing.

I tried to go hard in what I could, but definitely was not capable of keeping up with the speed and rythm of the DVD.

Feel tired but happy.

If I don't post anything tomorrow, call the coroner. You will find my body lying on my bed.

Progress update off.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Besides thursday, I am going to look for an update in this thread each day. If there is no update i know you skipped! That means youll have to do two a day, So don't try skipping!

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
Besides thursday
Why not? I am actually planning to do Thursday as well.

I am going to look for an update in this thread each day. If there is no update i know you skipped!
Thanks. That was the reason to get this going....

Don't expect updates on Sunday other than to say I can/can't move. That is the rest day.

26255919.jpg

Steve37

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Sep 4, 2012
Do eat daily:

More greens (spinach, kale, broccoli)
Fruits (bananas, apples, oranges)
Baked chicken and fish
Whole grains (multi grain bread, cereals)

For what it's worth the guy who wrote the book "Wheat Belly" is convinced that grains and wheat are actually terrible for you and the root cause of a ton of the health problems we see today. His followers seem a little cult like but it's hard to argue with some of their results, if they are legit. Lots of people claiming serious weight loss, no more GI issues, cure of diabetes, benefits for arthritis, etc etc.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
I don't know enough about it, but I do notice when I eat white bread (which I really like), pasta and rice, I gain weight and my belly looks like a keg almost immediately.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
Day 3: Cardio power & Cardio -- Done

Can't. Breathe. Done.