• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

GOLD! Think big and then think bigger than that.

Discussion in 'General Entrepreneur Discussion' started by Kak, Apr 18, 2018.

1. Kak

Kak Capitalist Swine Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $26,959
    Great post! That is correct. Leadership can deliver on the money needed. You eat an elephant one bite at a time.

Jello, MidwestLandlord, SMH and 2 others like this.
  2. MCBoots

MCBoots Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $540
    Thank you! It’s awesome to finally do a deal on my own account/as a principal player rather than a hired gun drawing a salary.

As for post-close role, existing management/founders are staying (some changes in roles) and a couple of my partners are going on to the exec team. I’m joining the board of directors.

Ronak likes this.
  3. Ronak

Ronak Silver Contributor FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $7,720
    It seems like you shifted from the most logical linear next step of doing a small acquisition to a quantum leap with your bigger acquisition. How did that exactly happen-- was it something you actively pursued, or did the stars align properly on the deal?

I've heard the same thing time and time again from successful people-- it is usually no more difficult going big than going small, so you might as well go big. That's a terrifying idea for me, and the temptation is to stick with something that's just slightly bigger than what you're currently doing-- i.e, linear progression. Your posts caught my eye because I'm in playing with the same idea of $2-4M acquisitions for a rollup, but you seem to have made the leap. My biggest obstacle is internal, the feeling of lacking credibility or the proper "track record", walking before running, etc, etc.

Jello likes this.
  4. AlessioLC

AlessioLC Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,106
    SMH and Kak like this.
  5. Kak

Kak Capitalist Swine Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $26,959
    I'm a GC fan. He is right. Work on things that actually CAN get you where you want to go. Not things that "might."

6. AlessioLC

AlessioLC Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,106
    What is fascinating is that this guy has been grinding for 20 years and for him he's not even where he want to go, the billion is the answer.

daivey and Kak like this.
  7. sparechange

sparechange Gold Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,386
    Dont think it has anything to do with the material, concussions happen because of the brain bouncing around in the skull.

Solving a problem like that would have to do with having brain cells regenerate I assume.

8. Kak

Rep Bank:
    $26,959
    I applaud him continuing to do what works. Setting up his family for generations. Good man.

daivey, Real Deal Denver, SMH and 2 others like this.
  9. AlessioLC

Rep Bank:
    $2,106
    He took the hardest path and here he is now.
    This is legendary money, i don't have a clear sight of how it can be done right now but your vision of things helps to be honest.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
    Kak likes this.
  10. Jello

Jello Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $542
    I think I get it now!

Thanks.

11. Ksalazar

Ksalazar Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $213
    Networking is powerful source and neccessary for business this is something Ive overlooked that I am now working on building. This company put together the right people and learned the fundamentals to their business niche and is now executioning on it. I love hearing stories like this truly does inspire me and makes me want to go outside talk to people and learn more about my field of business.

Jello likes this.
  12. JamItFast

JamItFast Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $406
    https://openlattice.com/

This company is an example of big thinking. It’s a platform with the scale of every Government Organization in the world, from the local to the national.

It allows different sectors of government to easily share data and then do Data Analysis across that data to solve key problems.

Sharing of data itself is nothing new, but this is a custom solution built for core societal institutions. And they are experts in this one big area.

Jello and SMH like this.
  13. sparechange

sparechange Gold Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,386
    Thinking big, you know whats crazy?

Someone in the world right now is spending 100m+ on a yacht right now and it doesn't even hurt the bank account

daivey likes this.
  14. JamItFast

JamItFast Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $406
    The Tricky—but Potentially Lucrative—Task of Streaming Videogames

Many companies are competing to develop streaming video games. No one has figured it out yet. There’s a big technological problem to solve. The computing is done in the cloud and needs to be streamed to the end user quickly without losing data. There are multiple levels to this solution. From the Server Hardware to the network infrastructure to the end user hardware. I would go after the network infrastructure piece.

Artificiall Intellegince
    Which Country Is Winning the AI Race—the U.S. or China?

Current advancements in Artificial Intellegince is based on recognizing patterns in large sets of data. China being a less private society has larger data sets in certain areas. But AI based on Chinese data sets doesn’t translate to the US.

The article mentions that large sets of medical data is harder to get in the US because of the safeguards in place.

We could aggregate large amounts of medical data and then license it to AI companies that want to use it for algorithm development. It’s a tricky field to navigate with large barriers to entry. The largest hurdles would be navigating the regulation.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2018 at 3:32 PM
    Jello likes this.
  15. Bekit

Bekit Bronze Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,490
    I'm brand new to the idea of thinking big. For me, breaking 6 figures will be big. But as Oliver Wendell Holmes said, "One's mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions." So I'm actively stretching. Today I watched a video interview between Jay Abraham and Subir Chowdhury that was pretty brain-expanding.

This video starts off kind of slow, but it contains nuggets like these...

...how a simple change in approach helped Caterpillar to finally break the $20 Billion threshold where they had stayed stagnant for years
    ...consulting advice that infuriated a Korean automobile manufacturer (and why he turned around 180 degrees six months later)
    ...Three universal human needs (basics, fulfillment, and excitement) and why every product needs to meet all three
    ...Blind cereal taste testing with Kellogg's top executives, and why an executive freaked out about it
    ...Building a process and the using the right tools when you're playing at the billion dollar level
    ...Why a caring mindset can make the difference between getting a 10x return and a 100x return (and four difficult actions to take to obtain that differentiating factor).

This was like getting strategic business coaching from guys who would typically only ever coach executives who are in the billion-dollar-and-up category. Subir told one fascinating story after another for two hours. Just had to share... hopefully others will also benefit!

MTEE1985 likes this.