• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

GOLD! Think big and then think bigger than that.

Discussion in 'General Entrepreneur Discussion' started by Kak, Apr 18, 2018.

1. Kak

Kak Capitalist Swine Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $15,650
    https://www.texascentral.com/about/

This got me going today (my poor wife ;)) I think it’s interesting.

The facts are...
    -The project will cost upwards of $15 billion.
    -It is a private Texas based company and it has never built a high speed railroad before.
    -They have the finances to complete the project.
    -The project is underway and 100 percent approved on the regulatory side of things.
    -There is zero chance that any of these guys put up the 15 billion.

So how are they involved in such a large scale entrepreneurship endeavor?

Like I’ve said before, they became the expert. They traveled around the world and talked with the entities that build, run and maintain high speed rails. They learned everything there was to know about them and brought it to Texas where they had an answer to every question an investor might of had. They raised enough money to finance a 15 billion dollar railroad. They are building a wild dream basically from a level competence and the leadership to surround themselves with the right people.

Are you on the millionaire fastlane? Or are you, as @GPM put so eloquently, on “The thousandaire fastlane! Make as much as a corporate job with 5x the stress and 100% of the risk!”

This should be a HUGE lesson in thinking big. These guys did and they put their pants on one leg at a time just like you. No one is born an expert at anything. Start thinking BIG!

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
  2. Paolo Rizzo

Paolo Rizzo Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,707
    I agree that thinking big is essential and it’s something most of us overlook.

But their CEO was the Vice President of a global engineering company and their president has 25 years experience as an executive.

It’s important to not underestimate their experience and connections they would have obtained over the years.

But it shows what it possible once people believe in you.

100k, Dami-B, Leo Hendrix and 6 others like this.
  3. Kak

Kak Capitalist Swine Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $15,650
    Still not a railroad tycoon or a CEO for all of those 25 years. So what? The guy has leadership experience, you can build that too.

I’m not underestimating anyone. I’m applauding their ambition. I didn’t call this easy. This was probably 10 years of hard work behind the scenes before they even went public with their plans.

You’re right, you need tons of experience to do anything worth a sh*t. Back to Amazon so I can upload my toilet paper holders to FBA. Maybe I’ll make 60k this year if my customers give me good reviews.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
    MTEE1985, YoungPadawan, SMH and 25 others like this.
  4. Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke ARRIVE. RAISE HELL. LEAVE. Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,093
    Ronak, SMH, Remiremi and 2 others like this.
  5. NanoDrake

NanoDrake Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,000
    @Kak
    From your posts I always thought that you think BIG, that in order to do something remarkable you need to think even BIGGER than what is wildly accepted.

Thanks for reminding me that

SMH, ClaverCasley, ZF Lee and 3 others like this.
  6. Dylan in Africa

Dylan in Africa Worldwide Educator Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $629
  7. Vigilante

Vigilante Legendary Contributor Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $177,727
    He does. When I started reading this post I literally thought it might be one of his businesses.

8. GPM

GPM Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $17,902
    This just plain old hurts my head. "But". One of the worst words in the English language.

Let's paint 2 pictures. Mr. CEO and VP enjoyed their jobs. They spent 25 years working their way up the corporate ladder to eventually reach their coveted positions. They were mighty impressed with how their lives had turned out and continued to pat themselves on the back, all the while collecting their million dollar salaries, and retiring with their multi-million dollar retirement package. Nice work fellows. Great work, and I am sure you led excellent lives.

Picture #2. Mr. CEO and VP were mighty pleased with themselves. After working for 25 years and making it to the top of the corporate ladder, they decided that they needed to think bigger. Running a global engineering company and working as an executive no longer seemed like it was as large of a goal as it once was. Time to think bigger. Utilizing the experience that they had gained in the corporate world, and leveraging their contacts to their full potential, they started to look global. They got out of their comfort zone and interfaced with the best and brightest of the world, and came up with a plan to raise 15 billion dollars on a mega-rail project.

Fast forward 7 years. The project is a roaring success. Not one to sit on their asses, Mr. CEO and VP are taking the experience gained on this project, as well as the massive contact list of experts and investors, and blowing this up into another project, this one with a raised investment of 45 billion dollars.

One life sets up a single family for perhaps a generation or two of comfortable living, with essentially a "9-5" job. The other life sets up generational change which creates family empires and dynasty's which will have the potential to impact millions far into the future.

The choice is no ones but yours.

Ascension, SethLBender, SMH and 28 others like this.
  9. Real Deal Denver

Real Deal Denver Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $6,804
    So damn inspiring, I am having trouble breathing!

Thanks for this superb post.

10. Paolo Rizzo

Paolo Rizzo Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,707
    Spot on. You’ve explained that in a way that has made me look at this completely different.

Perhaps I was projecting my own lack of abilities/experience onto them as I haven’t had much success yet.

Thanks!

TinyOldLady, Cembo, Mr.C and 3 others like this.
  11. Kak

Rep Bank:
    $15,650
    Your opinions on this don’t matter. The facts about the company building this railroad are the same no matter what you or anyone says about them. There are only two options here: Take it as inspiration or find a way to make an excuse about why it isn’t inspiring to poor you and build the walls higher.

You are responsible for your “lack”. Do something about it or continue “lacking.”

Last edited: Apr 20, 2018
    Dunkafelics, Kruiser, SMH and 25 others like this.
  12. Vigilante

Vigilante Legendary Contributor Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $177,727
    When I worked for Walmart corporate, they forced us to take the "but" thinking out of our vocabulary.

What inevitably follows the "but" is a reason why something can't happen.

"But they had an edge..."
    "But it snowed last week and that's why sales are down"
    "But I don't have the capital"
    "But I work full time"
    "But he was born into money"
    "But I've never done that before"
    "But they've been doing this for 20 years"
    "But they have first market movers advantage"
    "But that would be a lot of work"
    "But I am not sure how to do that"
    "But they got lucky"

What if the founder of Walmart had said "I want to do this but KMart is already doing it..." because they were.

13. TommyZ

TommyZ New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $75
    Now that
    Is awesome

Real Deal Denver likes this.
  14. Real Deal Denver

Real Deal Denver Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $6,804
    Love this sentence. And the last three words are so powerful. I can hear the organ music as they are stated. Bam. Hits em right between the eyes.

Now THAT is writing at its highest level! The left hook you don't see coming, and it knocks you out!

THIS is one that I'm printing out and on the wall it goes!

Kak and ZF Lee like this.
  15. jasoncuellar123

jasoncuellar123 I’m probably awake. Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $12,688
    Damn, I wanted a hyperloop.

16. Sagemoney

Sagemoney Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,510

Man.....

Can I hang out with you guys?

Kruiser, ZF Lee and Scot like this.
  17. Vigilante

Rep Bank:
    $177,727
    You're here. We're here. That's what this place is. Glad you are here.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2018
    mguerra, ClaverCasley, TheCj and 17 others like this.
  18. ZCP

ZCP Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $19,794
    You are here. Now provide value.

19. Kak

Rep Bank:
    $15,650
    Then build one.

20. Hyrum

Hyrum Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,142
    So at what point does "Thinking Bigger" become "Thinking Too Big"?

I've been kicking an idea around for a few months that has loads of potential. But when I start doing financial projections, I get to feeling like Dr. Evil

100billion.jpg

I get the feeling that if I were to pitch in front of a group of investors, once I start talking about the numbers they'd dismiss it as implausible before I could finish explaining how I arrived at my projections. Any thoughts on how big a project can be before investors stop taking you seriously?

Kak and ZCP like this.
  21. GPM

GPM Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $17,902
    If your idea really is that great, and it is that big, if you don't do it then I guarantee you that eventually someone else will. They won't have had those hangups and will have gone forward with it. If they can do it, why not you?

22. Kak

Rep Bank:
    $15,650
    I've been there. I raised millions.

Yes the projections in my discussions with investors were in the hundreds of millions with conservative assumptions. Like you, I felt like a crazy a**hole. Don't.

They can only say no, and some did. DO IT!

Last edited: May 17, 2018
    SMH, TinyOldLady, inputchip and 15 others like this.
  23. Hyrum

Hyrum Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,142
    Thanks! Glad to know it's not just me.

Tommo and Kak like this.
  24. AlessioLC

AlessioLC Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,896
    This thread has to be in the top GOLD, you have to read this.

@Kak Thanks

25. Kak

Rep Bank:
    $15,650
    I don't know about GOLD, but I do think it should be an ongoing thread, a reminder at all times to think bigger.

SMH, banjoa, Greg R and 7 others like this.