The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Worldwide C0VlD-19 Coronavirus Pandemic Discussion Thread...

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
Being the captain of my high school debating team I have always enjoyed a good debate, but when much of this thread was filling up with exchanges of the kind that I would never have allowed from my team, I stopped reading.
@MJ DeMarco what ever happened to that damn +Rep system :mad:

XenForo needs a new one

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
Being the captain of my high school debating team I have always enjoyed a good debate, but when much of this thread was filling up with exchanges of the kind that I would never have allowed from my team, I stopped reading.

Now, with the announcement by POTUS that indicates a return to business is on the not too distant horizon, or to put it another way, there is light at the end of the tunnel, I came back to see the response.

The best I found was by @Trevor Kuntz here:

Since I departed this thread I have in my thread: IS COVID 19 THE TIME TO FORGE AHEAD? been encouraging members to plan and be prepared for the GRAND RE-OPENING. Drum Roll !

I would love to see constructive input here in this thread about how to capitalize on the vast opportunities that are looming on the horizon.

Walter
[/QUOT

Now, with the announcement by POTUS that indicates a return to business is on the not too distant horizon, or to put it another way, there is light at the end of the tunnel, I came back to see the response.

Since I departed this thread I have in my thread: IS COVID 19 THE TIME TO FORGE AHEAD? been encouraging members to plan and be prepared for the GRAND RE-OPENING. Drum Roll !

I would love to see constructive input here in this thread about how to capitalize on the vast opportunities that are looming on the horizon.

Walter

I noticed in the keyword planner there is a very high search volume for home gym equipment.

Even after this virus passes, people will still be after this stuff anyway, but i don't see a better time to launch a business in that vertical for some quick momentum.

I told my boss who owns a gym, about it and i said can't we sell products like that instead, he said not really.... Guess he is allergic to money.

Online courses - No better time than the present to build a semi passive income stream for yourself, people are stuck inside and alot of them want to learn new skills. I am already seeing the benefits of this with my own courses and i am doubling down right now and producing a class every week. I am releasing them faster than what the platform has allowed, so i have gone back and am making other classes longer to increase royalties that way while i release one a week to get around to increase profit anyway.

My revenue has already hit what it was last month and there is still about 2 weeks to go for April!

Last edited:

ravenspear

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Jul 25, 2016
I noticed in the keyword planner there is a very high search volume for home gym equipment.

Even after this virus passes, people will still be after this stuff anyway, but i don't see a better time to launch a business in that vertical for some quick momentum.
If someone were to do this, Rogue Fitness is a great example of a business that gets it right (at least from the customer perspective).

I got a power rack from them years ago and I'm really glad because I don't have to miss any workouts while the gyms are closed. I can pretty much do anything except hamstring isolations with the rack and bench.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
If someone were to do this, Rogue Fitness is a great example of a business that gets it right (at least from the customer perspective).

I have had a whole list of businesses to start throughout this on my wall for weeks now.

This is the list:

Hand Sanitizer
PPE
Online Courses (was already doing it so that works)
Gym equipment
Fridges/Freezers
help other businesses get online.
Leverage online skills i have like video editing to do freelance work.
sanitizer wipes.
Gloves

I assume many people here have been working on something throughout this pandemic and seen some opportunities that they are in a position to take advantage of. If you are not taking advantage in whatever way you can well whatever that's your choice.

GIlman

Still Gilman
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
605%
Oct 16, 2014
I have been thinking a lot about the reopening. There is still a lot unknown about CV19 including the asymptomatic rate of people already infected and recovered. There was just a study from Stanford where they did antibody testing to see who had previously been infected. They sampled 3300 people and found a immune rate of 2.5-5%. Hopefully this is true nationwide, which still means a majority of people are susceptible but if there is a large pool of immune people it gives more options.

Convalescent plasma was a part in stopping SARS years ago. It appears that SARS-COV2 responds in a similar way.

I won’t say what I think of current political strategies, I’ve expressed my opinion in the past, but I’m not impressed or in agreement of much of what’s been done. But from a ongoing mitigation standpoint I think there are several parts to get moving again.

1) Strongly encourage mask usage. There has been pretty compelling evidence and it’s not hard to model how even small % effectiveness of masks can make very large reduction in cases over time. The masks allow us to maximize the benefit of quarantine we have already done and stay on top of future outbreaks.

2) Continue encourage practice of social distancing in public. Allow people to get out but try and increasr interpersonal spacing. obviously this is more an issue in some places than other.

3) Ramp up and widely test large parts of the population for antibodies meaning they are immune. Knowing people are immune will help manage future waves of outbreaks.

4) Start organized plasma harvesting from volunteers that are antibody positive (but also nasal swab negative x 2 for Covid). We can setup plasma banks to help treat patients that are starting to turn bad. The evidence is that the plasma has greater and greater impact the less severe the illness progression. Determine the cutoff when someone is severe enough to warrant plasma. Maybe we can curb the risk by using what appears to be a sizable population of covid immune people.

5) Work to create specific recommendations for individual types of businesses on ideal sanitation practices both continual and nightly. Different businesses have different needs. Hand sanitizer stations at businesses for employees and patrons.

6) Encourage open air dining options if possible with increased table spacing. Closed environments likely are more risk compared to open air environments which likely disperse any infected particles better. Servers should wear masks to limit ability to spread.

7) Encourage people under 50 to resume daily activities with precautions as described. Anyone over 50 and esp over 65 should have recommendation to restrict outside movement as possible. Ideally this is the choice of a individuals but recommendations should be age stratified. Once people understand their relative risk then it’s up to each person to mitigate their risk according to their needs. Until there is a vaccine it’s very unlikely this virus is going away.

8) Aggressive testing of people with symptoms. If someone is positive these people need to quarantine. Also close contact tracing and probable quarantine for 14 days. I believe this should be the only mandated quarantine. People who are known infected or high risk infected we can isolate them temporarily to slow spread.

Of course continued vaccine development and research on possible therapeutics should continue. People should be encouraged to focus on activities that allow them to socially distance like gardening, boating, running, cycling, etc.

No matter what we do, there will be residual risk, the goal should not be to eliminate risk, but to reasonably mitigate it. Elimination of risk can only occur under the absolute most draconian of measures.

Last edited:

Matt Sun

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
253%
Oct 21, 2017
Argentina
“I Took an Oath to Uphold the Constitution” – Racine Sheriff Will Not Enforce Wisconsin’s Authoritarian Stay-at-Home Order

“I took an oath to uphold the constitutional rights of our citizens and I cannot in good faith participate in the destruction of Racine Co. businesses or interfere in the freedoms granted to all of us by our Constitution,” the sheriff said in a media release.

“[The] state law does not have the authority to supersede or suspend the Constitutional rights of Americans citizens,” the sheriff said.

Love this.

Last edited:

QDF

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Jan 1, 2014
I have been thinking a lot about the reopening. There is still a lot unknown about CV19 including the asymptomatic rate of people already infected and recovered. There was just a study from Stanford where they did antibody testing to see who had previously been infected. They sampled 3300 people and found a immune rate of 2.5-5%. Hopefully this is true nationwide, which still means a majority of people are susceptible but if there is a large pool of immune people it gives more options.

Convalescent plasma was a part in stopping SARS years ago. It appears that SARS-COV2 responds in a similar way.

I won’t say what I think of current political strategies, I’ve expressed my opinion in the past, but I’m not impressed or in agreement of much of what’s been done. But from a ongoing mitigation standpoint I think there are several parts to get moving again.

1) Strongly encourage mask usage. There has been pretty compelling evidence and it’s not hard to model how even small % effectiveness of masks can make very large reduction in cases over time. The masks allow us to maximize the benefit of quarantine we have already done and stay on top of future outbreaks.

2) Continue encourage practice of social distancing in public. Allow people to get out but try and increasr interpersonal spacing. obviously this is more an issue in some places than other.

3) Ramp up and widely test large parts of the population for antibodies meaning they are immune. Knowing people are immune will help manage future waves of outbreaks.

4) Start organized plasma harvesting from volunteers that are antibody positive (but also nasal swab negative x 2 for Covid). We can setup plasma banks to help treat patients that are starting to turn bad. The evidence is that the plasma has greater and greater impact the less severe the illness progression. Determine the cutoff when someone is severe enough to warrant plasma. Maybe we can curb the risk by using what appears to be a sizable population of covid immune people.

5) Work to create specific recommendations for individual types of businesses on ideal sanitation practices both continual and nightly. Different businesses have different needs. Hand sanitizer stations at businesses for employees and patrons.

6) Encourage open air dining options if possible with increased table spacing. Closed environments likely are more risk compared to open air environments which likely disperse any infected particles better. Servers should wear masks to limit ability to spread.

7) Encourage people under 50 to resume daily activities with precautions as described. Anyone over 50 and esp over 65 should have recommendation to restrict outside movement as possible. Ideally this is the choice of a individuals but recommendations should be age stratified. Once people understand their relative risk then it’s up to each person to mitigate their risk according to their needs. Until there is a vaccine it’s very unlikely this virus is going away.

8) Aggressive testing of people with symptoms. If someone is positive these people need to quarantine. Also close contact tracing and probable quarantine for 14 days. I believe this should be the only mandated quarantine. People who are known infected or high risk infected we can isolate them temporarily to slow spread.

Of course continued vaccine development and research on possible therapeutics should continue. People should be encouraged to focus on activities that allow them to socially distance like gardening, boating, running, cycling, etc.

No matter what we do, there will be residual risk, the goal should not be to eliminate risk, but to reasonably mitigate it. Elimination of risk can only occur under the absolute most draconian of measures.

I’ve believed from the start (among many others) that this is much more widespread than previously expected, and I think the more studies that come out like the one Stanford just did, the more apparent this will be. And this will be a good thing as you’ve mentioned.

Hopefully in a month or two, we’ll have made major progress on both convalescent plasma and an effective therapeutic, and we can utilize them both to minimize hospitalizations and the fatality rate. After that, we don’t really have anything to be afraid of and reopening the economy should be a no-brainer.

Speaking on the masks, I saw this earlier and thought it perfectly sums things up...

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
What's going on in parts of the country, and that fact that is it implemented and enforced, and the citizens are allowing it, is insane.

You can't buy seeds to grow your own food?
You can't use your motorboat on the lake?
You can't fish?
You can't visit your second home?
You can play ball with your kid in a park?
You can't do a drive thru worship?

How this country comes out the other side of this will be quite telling... because from these actions, what comes out is either 1) a carcass, 2) something unrecognizable, or 3) a renewed spirit of liberty.

Unfortunately my bet is not on the latter as my faith in the "average American" these days has reached new lows.

There is no nice way to say this - a lot of people are mush and they will adapt their entire lives to what they are told.

The world is the result of intolerant minorities.

c_morris

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
344%
Oct 30, 2016
Nova Scotia, Canada
That about sums it up!

Trevor Kuntz

Professional Dog Owner
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
274%
Feb 5, 2012
Arizona

Walter
Awesome, thanks for starting that thread!
There is no nice way to say this - a lot of people are mush and they will adapt their entire lives to what they are told.

The world is the result of intolerant minorities.

Timely that you post the link to Nassim Taleb’s article. He is one of the few individuals I have been following (primarily on Twitter) during this situation. I don’t think that his thinking is always right, but it at least forces me to challenge my thinking and he is often right.

ravenspear

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Jul 25, 2016
Timely that you post the link to Nassim Taleb’s article. He is one of the few individuals I have been following (primarily on Twitter) during this situation. I don’t think that his thinking is always right, but it at least forces me to challenge my thinking and he is often right.
I like his work. The concept of being antifragile is immensely powerful and liberating as a personal philosophy.

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
The books tell the story. Read slowly, left to right. Scroll down to the next shelf.books .png
Walter
P.S. Sorry about going off topic.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

Trevor Kuntz

Professional Dog Owner
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
274%
Feb 5, 2012
Arizona
I like his work. The concept of being antifragile is immensely powerful and liberating as a personal philosophy.

Absolutely agree and it’s also a very prudent framework for running a business. CENTS is very important for growth but resiliency to the unknowns is also important, which is what Taleb advocates more than anything.

Incredibly insightful article. Reposted to facebook.com/mybradio
Last post about Taleb. If you want the link to his full article, here it is. The link @WillHurtDontCare posted is just a short snippet of Taleb’s full article.

I also recommend his Twitter takes, which are generally data-driven. A good number here will not agree with his conclusions about C0VlD-19, but his thought process at least challenges many of the more simplistic narratives. I also read everything he writes with the understanding that he is a hedge fund manager and some of his thoughts may be consciously or subconsciously influenced by market motives. Nevertheless, valuable insights.

NovaAria

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
286%
Jul 18, 2018
I went down the rabbit hole and read some more of his articles, along with articles his peers published, and they were all definitely right on a lot of things.

It seems that most governments followed the same path: Call up a couple of epidemiologists and asked them for models and numbers. Poor fellas used whatever little data was at hand (and from China, no less), and built models that either screamed doom and gloom, or proclaimed "just a flu". The rest is now a history full of mistakes (Herd immunity when immunity isn't guaranteed, measuring temperature in airports when asymptomatic carriers walked away...)

Ultimately, they propose a new solution that could be cheaply applied everywhere. Instead of distributing money, distribute masks and let people work.
Sadly the government didn't listen the first time, nothing proves that they will listen now.

kleine2

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Sep 15, 2013
This will be my last post in this thread.

I'll state my peace and ban myself after posting.

Yikes, the fact that you just learned this right now illustrates my point.

The media (and many big Tech companies like Reddit) are owned by partisan ideologues who run narrative engineering operations. The problem is, most people don't know it. Or they DO know it, but listen to them to confirm their biases.

There's a difference between putting forth an agenda (like the Fastlane Forum's agenda of entrepreneurship ) where it is clearly known VS cleverly distorted and masquerading as *news* to put forth narrative, a prevailing sentiment, and an ideological objective.

Now with news, most of the world has no clue they're being drip-fed bullshit.

Don't forget, we have a media template (verified history) on a pandemic when the swine flu hit during the Obama administration.

Another case in point...

View: https://twitter.com/SharylAttkisson/status/1250559851421405186

So Facebook uses the CCP as a "fact checking" organization. A person who thinks CRITICALLY (a person the media can't manipulate) will realize that a Wuhan lab worker would NOT be able to dispense the truth, otherwise he'd be killed or gulaged. Of course this doesn't mean the assertion is true, just that the truth cannot be ascertained, and in no way it should be deemed false.

This is narrative engineering for the protection of a communist organization.

Wow, just wow. I never said anything about the origins of virus as a political weapon, or a conspiracy to "get Trump" -- that's what partisans to do to turn an valid argument into a strawman, just what you did.

My commentary was that the virus has been weaponized by the media to serve a varied agenda, from "getting Trump" to the trampling of liberty, to the stripping of civil rights without due process, to mail in voting to the nationalization of industry, to whatever other authoritarian utopia they can dream up.

Narrative engineering.

Look, people love what that Michigan Governor is doing! Twitter says so! And CNN!
And yes, Jeffrey Epstein did commit suicide, case closed!

As they say, never let a crisis go to waste.

I'm actually astounded at the willingness of people (even here) to believe what the television tells them, because Twitter makes the topic "trending", or because some left-wing partisan academicians post a model with 2,000,000 dead by April 30th.

And to be clear, if you asked me my opinion, the virus was an accident, either at a wet-market, or a biolab with no grandiose motives-- the virus' origins has nothing has to do with the elections.

But make no mistake, the virus has been weaponized -- but not biologically, but to serve ideological agendas.

Just so you understand...

Michigan Governor: If she institutes martial law: MEDIA: Awesome! She's such a leader! VP!
President Trump:
If he institutes martial law: MEDIA: Tyrant! Dictator! Impeach!

Martial law is martial law.

But the media would have you believe that if X does it, it is OK. But if Y does it, it is bad!

If X throws you in a boxcar, that's good -- if Y does it, it's bad!

As for if that tragedy gets reported by the news? That depends on who is the X or Y .

And to be clear, NO LEADER should do be instituting any kind of martial laws. And if anyone did that, Republican, Libertarian, or Democrat, I'd be standing in line calling him a tyrant.

Another example...

Brett Kav (Y) raped me. MEDIA: Believe all women! Unfit for court! #MeToo!!
Joe Biden (X) raped me. MEDIA: Shit, bury the story and if we can't, Accuser isn't credible!

The narrative isn't dependent on FACTS, or NEWS, but who is the X or the Y and what it means for the agenda.

The media doesn't report, they engineer narratives codependent on X, Y, and the agenda. They look first at the person (define X or Y) and determine if they can use that person to advance their power agenda. Are they in the BIG CLUB? Will they advance our oligarchical and authoritarian interests? If yes, they are praised and focused. If not, they scream bloody murder or hurl pejoratives.

You see, the media is NOT is not serving your needs with facts or truth, they are serving theirs.

And if herding people into boxcars doesn't serve their agenda insofar as the X or Y, they won't report it. Yes, the media is that corrupt and that derelict.

But yea, don't let that stop you from calling me a conspiracy theorist.

And yea, Epstein hung himself while having dirt on 100 of the most powerful people in the world ... when most of the electorate accepted that doozy, I knew the media and the sheep they fed was beyond repair-- and so is this country. Too many, as @Kak says, bootlickers who are ready to believe anything the corporate media wants them to believe.

That said, I'm out.

As I said above, I'm done with this thread and I'll ban myself from it -- my apologies for dipping toes in political topics, but it is hard not to avoid it when clearly this health crisis has been weaponized for those purposes.

Unless I'm roped back into this thread for mod cleaning duties, I'm done with it.
Thank you, I was really interested in your opinion on this!

hellolin

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
May 27, 2015
Anyone else wonder why a video game, Animal Crossing, is so popular during this time?

"Late one night recently, a barrage of texts blew up my phone. They were from my friend Frank Lantz, the director of the NYU Game Center, who also designs cult games.

“I hate Animal Crossing,” Lantz’s opening message read.
He and his wife and collaborator, Hilary, had sat down to play it, looking for the same low-key, cute coziness that everyone else found comforting. “It is the most boring, long-winded, repetitive, condescending, infantile bullshit we’ve ever seen.” After a few more invectives, he posed a question: “Do people find comfort in tedious, bureaucratic, pandering authoritarianism?”

The answer, which Lantz knew before he asked, is: Of course they do. Americans in particular are addicted to bureaucracy’s directed control even as they cry yaps of independence and self-actualization."

NovaAria

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
286%
Jul 18, 2018
Yeah, I find it ironic that the most popular game with people seeking escapism away from poverty, unemployment and debt is... a game about doing repetitive tasks to pay off a debt.

We have gone full circle.

Trevor Kuntz

Professional Dog Owner
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
274%
Feb 5, 2012
Arizona
Yeah, I find it ironic that the most popular game with people seeking escapism away from poverty, unemployment and debt is... a game about doing repetitive tasks to pay off a debt.

We have gone full circle.
I don’t play Animal Crossing at all, but anyone familiar with the franchise or with video games in general knows that this game has been anticipated for a LONNNNNG time. I read the full article and the history of Japanese pastoralism is interesting, but I think this guy is reading a lot into a game that would still be very popular but much less remarkable (e.g. there wouldn’t be Atlantic articles about it) without C0VlD-19 in the picture. This game has been in development for years, so it’s not like the game was designed to assuage the fears of quarantined gamers. Therefore, this article seems more like something someone wrote because they’re stuck at home and have little else to muse about.

More interesting to me is the resurgence of Plague Inc, a game wherein the strategy is to infect and kill all of the world’s inhabitants based on epidemiological models. As someone who played it years ago and again in February, being in control of the things you can’t control in reality is likely a draw for many.

Last edited:

JamesQB8

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Mar 20, 2019
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yg-GC8AW6cc

I know the Icke stuff has been circulating a lot. I really love the way Patrick interviews people because he near always pushes back and challenges them in a good way.

Edit: Sorry should of said. As this thread is starting to go off the rails already it's interesting to dive into the conspiracy theories tied to it.

Last edited:

Trevor Kuntz

Professional Dog Owner
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
274%
Feb 5, 2012
Arizona
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yg-GC8AW6cc

I know the Icke stuff has been circulating a lot. I really love the way Patrick interviews people because he near always pushes back and challenges them in a good way.
!!New Fastlane biz idea!!
Like Hello Fresh but all the meals are high-protein, organic cricket meal dishes. This will really fill a need in the market for our reptilian elite overlords. Huge opportunity.

Oh wait, why are we talking about David Icke?

masaldana2

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Jun 17, 2013
Dallas, Tx
I used to play animal crossing when i was a kid...
the house debt you start off is around 125k which is most ppl mortgages in real life.
I couldn't get into it again

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013

James Klymus

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Dec 28, 2018
Chicago, Illinois
Looks like things are slowing down a bit on this thread. But anyways, some interesting updates on the virus:

https://swprs.org/a-swiss-doctor-on-C0VlD-19/

Some interesting clips from the writing:

"Other experts in Europe and the USA have expressed their opinion on the treatment of critical Covid19 patients and strongly advise against invasive ventilation (intubation). Covid19 patients do not suffer from acute respiratory failure (ARDS), but from oxygen deficiency, possibly caused by an oxygen diffusion problem triggered by the virus or the immune response to it."

"According to data from the best-studied countries such as South Korea, Iceland, Germany and Denmark, the overall lethality of Covid19 is between 0.1% and 0.4% and thus up to twenty times lower than initially assumed by the WHO."

"50% to 80% of test-positive individuals remain symptom-free. Even among the 70 to 79 year old persons about 60% remain symptom-free, many more show only mild symptoms."

"Many media reports of young and healthy people dying from Covid19 have proven to be false upon closer inspection. Many of these people either did not die from Covid19 or they in fact had serious preconditions (such as undiagnosed leukaemia)."

"Strongly increased death rates, as in northern Italy, can be influenced by additional risk factors such as very high air pollution and microbial contamination as well as a collapse in the care of the elderly and sick due to mass panic and lockdown measures."

"The often shown exponential curves of “corona cases” are misleading, since the number of tests also increases exponentially. In most countries, the ratio of positive tests to total tests either remains constant between 5% to 25% or increases rather slowly."

- Pointed out my thoughts on this in a previous post, buried somewhere in here that I dont want to look for. I said something to the effect of "What if the amount of sick people is "going up" due to the fact that we are testing more and more?"

"Countries without lockdowns and contact bans, such as Japan, South Korea and Sweden, have not experienced a more negative course of events than other countries. This might call into question the effectiveness of such far-reaching measures"

"According to leading lung specialists, invasive ventilation of Covid19 patients is often counterproductive and causes additional damage to the lungs. The invasive ventilation of Covid19 patients is partly done out of fear of spreading the virus through aerosols."

"Several media have been caught trying to dramatize the situation in clinics, sometimes even with manipulative pictures and videos. In general, many media outlets do not question even doubtful official statements and figures." - Shocker

"The number of people suffering from unemployment, psychological problems and domestic violence as a result of the measures taken has exploded in the US and worldwide. Several experts believe that the measures may claim more lives than the virus itself."

Not to sound like a broken record, but every day it seems to become more and more apparent that we panicked collectively as a society. Most are panicking still even. The numbers aren't adding up to what we thought they would be a month ago.

What a colossal cluster F*ck.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
May 1, 2011
Thanks for the link, @James Klymus. Interesting stuff though some studies might be questionable (like the recent one where they recruited volunteers via Facebook Ads).

The worst thing is that no matter how much evidence there is to—at the VERY least—consider an alternative approach, those who make decisions just refuse to look at the problem from another perspective.

Just look at the amount of hate that Sweden is getting. I hope they stick to their guns, get the same or better results that countries that went crazy with restrictions, and show the world how important critical thinking and not following the herd is.

Sid23

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 9, 2007
I have had a whole list of businesses to start throughout this on my wall for weeks now.

This is the list:

Hand Sanitizer
PPE
Online Courses (was already doing it so that works)
Gym equipment
Fridges/Freezers
help other businesses get online.
Leverage online skills i have like video editing to do freelance work.
sanitizer wipes.
Gloves

I assume many people here have been working on something throughout this pandemic and seen some opportunities that they are in a position to take advantage of. If you are not taking advantage in whatever way you can well whatever that's your choice.

I've literally bought every single one of those things in the past 30 days online. LOL!

James Klymus

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Dec 28, 2018
Chicago, Illinois
Interesting stuff though some studies might be questionable (like the recent one where they recruited volunteers via Facebook Ads)

Are you talking about the one that Stanford conducted to test the local population for antibodies?

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.