The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

BOOK The Surrender Experiment: My Journey into Life's Perfection - by Michael A. Singer

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

What is the "true" surrender? (See post #6)

• Move as you originally reasoned.

Votes: 8 88.9%
  • Stay put and pay the tax.

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 24, 2007
I just finished the surrender experiment and am partway through the untethered soul. It is very similar to my approach, practices, and philosophy with life.

The whole idea of letting life guide you is working for me.

Part of the book seems to imply that the universe is directing if you let it. I believe that it is our inner-selves doing the directing. But, we are all connected through energy thus tied into the universe.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

MTF

Never give up
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
May 1, 2011
Sorry for the side tangent, but some supplemental material to Singer's work I've found helpful (and I'm only a few chapters in) is the work by David R. Hawkins...

Letting Go: The Pathway of Surrender: Hawkins M.D. Ph.D, David R.: 8601420019690: Amazon.com: Books

View attachment 36344

Power vs. Force: Hawkins M.D. Ph.D, David R.: 9781401945077: Amazon.com: Books

I read it a few years ago. I remember he gave some very questionable pseudo-scientific advice and that makes me skeptical of it.

Example:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GlJfPBgdPM

His scale of consciousness and measuring it with "muscle testing" is weird to say the least.

redshift

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Sep 4, 2018
Part of the book seems to imply that the universe is directing if you let it. I believe that it is our inner-selves doing the directing. But, we are all connected through energy thus tied into the universe.

Yeah, I think he mentioned this in one of his talks somewhere. "Universe" / "Life" can also be thought of as "intuition", which gets stronger the more the consciousness expands. I'm guessing he said it like this as most people would confuse intuition with the heart/mind and mess it up. He did a lot of deep meditation so his is probably very developed, but what he's teaching with surrender and the associated release of energy would lead to the same results as well once you start distancing yourself from your thoughts / emotions.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 24, 2007
Ok... finished both the untethered soul and the surrender experiment.

To try and answer your original question; yes and no.

He says not to worry or stress and to let life flow. Nothing about that says not to start a business. In fact, he started a mega-business.

What entrepreneurs may not agree with are his methods. His idea to let life flow and these things will come to you is a tough pill to swallow. You hear many people taking about how to focus, remain motivated, etc...

The idea of letting life flow does not mean that you do nothing and everything will come to you. The author clearly talks about his efforts in three of the business he ran.

A big part of his premise is to follow the opportunities that are presented. Even if your mind argues with you. Sometimes the presentations don't seem like they make sense. He follows through with many examples.

I myself operate with this approach and it works for me. I have many examples that are in alignment with his.

One thing he does not seem to stress is the fact that you need to move in the direction of what you want. But I do basically agree with a lot of what he says.

Last edited:

Solomon Kim

Contributor
Oct 25, 2019
Michael Singer is amazing. Adding onto @MTF's post of letting go:

A huge lesson that may serve anyone reading this is that "letting go" is the result of seeing your own flaws in other people. It means to be on the same team as people in the world. You have to let go of the default paradigm of bringing other people down for your own self-gain. Everyone is NOT out to get you. When you operate in a collaborative and empathetic frame, you are never losing. Mistakes and bad experiences are catalysts for growth.

Tying in with @MJ DeMarco's book : The process of business is taking your mistakes and being proactive to use those scars as launch pads. Mistakes are lessons. Letting go is key to making the first right step toward self-awareness. At the same time, self awareness is the synergetic momentum builder to let go. Everything is connected when we observe the present moment.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2020
Yeah, your youtube channel is incredible and all the videos I have seen so far are really great...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
Finally! I just launched a short story on Kindle (FREE if you have Kindle Unlimited)! After...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
I planned to make a separate post for this video but it is useful here as well for anyone...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Last promo of the year.. Get the training you need now or miss it. Promo Code: FINALHOUR...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
UPDATED POST: Hey Guys! I wanted to give a quick update on what this program has become. In...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Are you looking for a new, lesser-known but potentially very lucrative source of leads to your...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom