The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The [SCRIPTED] Vault (Dogmatic Social Engineering)

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Last edited:

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
oh come on i didn't read the book yet!
that first article sad af though... but what did the chick do the first 55 years before being so desperate for money... ????

this brings up a persistent question i have regarding young people.
why do people insist on ignoring their lack of security?
if ur 1st generation immigrant, if u have no family connection with private property, no backup living situation, etc etc
then your work is cut out for you! how can you party it up when ur 2 paychecks from broke? an accident from broke? an economic downturn from broke?
its illogical!? why are people so damn illogical? ur basically in a heartless land with no parcel of ground to call ur own and u go party it up. how!?

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
"Garland Greene: Now you're talking semantics. What if I told you insane was working fifty hours a week in some office for fifty years... at the end of which they tell you to piss off? Ending up in some retirement village... hoping to die before suffering the indignity of trying to make it to the toilet on time. Wouldn't you consider that to be insane?"

What if I told you that was the best case scenario for your scripted path? What if I told you that you could end up like the woman in that article? What if I told you that everything you've been fed you entire life is bullshit to keep you marching straight ahead to your doom, lining the pockets of the fat cats who set up the system in the first place?

What if I told you there was a better way?

Yoda

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
710%
Nov 12, 2015
Dagobah
Ford to Cut 10% of Global Workers

The cuts are said to largely target salaried employees. It’s unclear if hourly factory workers are included, the Journal said.
Followed up by:

"Look, we're as frustrated as you are by the stock price," Ford Executive Chairman Bill Ford said.

Waspy

Float like a butterfly
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
461%
Dec 6, 2016
U.K.

DustinH

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
May 24, 2017
Nashville
This past weekend, I was painfully reminded of the SCRIPT.
  • I saw a Facebook message from an Aunt that is really just extended family.
  • She sent me an article about a businessman that died from working too much and not sleeping enough.
  • This person also psychologically damaged me for a couple of years by saying:
    • "You should get married soon, you are in your late 20s now. If you don't your babies will come out with disabilities or deformed".
  • Why would I start a family that I can't take care of?
Talk about an underhanded and stealthy way of trying to force the SCRIPT on someone. It took me a day or two to release the anger from that thought.
I will not hang around these people anymore. Only you ladies and gentlemen understand me. :( Letting go of these relationships suck.

I did not even realize that some of my biggest detractors are family and friends until years later...it all clicked when I read UNSCRIPTED .

@MJ DeMarco basically described my life and the obstacles I'm encountering perfectly...the book is timeless and universal.

Rant over,
MG

This was something that I thought about a lot when I was young and in high school. I didn't want to be like anybody in my family or hometown. All of my friends from my youth didn't go do anything big. This really bothered me and I knew I wanted to get away for college. By pure luck, I went to a college where I was surrounded by many people that thought bigger. People that beleived big things could be accomplished. Now, when I look back I am so glad I made the decision to get away.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

becks22

90% coffee, 10% everything else
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
271%
Jul 6, 2016
Upstate NY
I don't know what he's moaning about. I honestly cannot believe the loans I've been getting approved for. These banks are totally mother****ing insane to approve me for amounts like that. Unless you think you're entitled to live in a half million dollar house at age 30, you can definitely get the loan.... might not be able to make the payment, though. :clench:

I just bought a house (like last week) and I was pre-approved for like 400K as a single person, I was like WTF is that nonsense. I bought a lovely home for 141K. Can't believe people rack themselves with debt like that...

Pilot35

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
502%
Sep 2, 2016
Screenshot from popular life simulation video game Sims 3:

RWcuw7d.png

What an awful, awful way to live :frown:

Lionhearted

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
May 29, 2012
Killeen Texas
Ugh. Where's my ice pick?
Oh the INSANE irony this man preaches. "My secretary is in a higher tax bracket than I am." Warren Buffet. But Warren every one in your employees is a W2 worker. No one ever asks him why he is not a W2 employee and does not draw a salary. They just let him spew about how "The rich" don't pay enough taxes because it fits the media's progressive (communist agenda).
Well Warren why don't you step right on up and draw a paycheck like your secretary does, instead of being paid with investment gains, become a W2 employee and get put right up in the highest tax bracket available and pay "YOUR FAIR SHARE"? After all you are the BOSS Warren. Queue the crickets...... Don't expect anyone in the media to have a CLUE because they are ALL W2 employees.

Yoda

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
710%
Nov 12, 2015
Dagobah
Here's How Much The Top 1% Have Saved
The 90th percentile family had $274,000 saved, and the 80th percentile family had $116,000. Meanwhile, the median working-age family had only $5,000 saved in 2013.

Pilot35

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
502%
Sep 2, 2016
More SCRIPTED nonsense, this time from the supposed "Entrepreneurship" section of Quora.

NuPg92X.jpg

$6k a year? Really? Wonder how much sacrifices the average 22-year-old college grad has to make to save that much a year.

What's even more surprising is the amount of upvotes this is getting.

GuitarManDan

Platinum Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
678%
Feb 28, 2017
NYC
What's really surprised me since I've started my own business is how irrational people get when you tell them compound interest isn't going to make you rich.

Whenever someone hears I own my own business they ALWAYS ask "what are you doing to save for retirement?"

...and then proceed to go nuts when I say that compound interest is great for keeping up with inflation and not having your savings get devalued over time but I'm not concerned with putting money away for retirement as I'm still working on making my business successful first and foremost.

You would figure I'd get some credit for knowing my stuff with my background working in the investment banking world for 4 years, but all I hear is the same "5 bucks saved every day will be 1 million in the future" or something along those lines.

juan917

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Jul 27, 2015
The answer is right there in the article:
"having never done much long-term financial planning"
"in 2008, as the U.S. economy spasmed, she lost her home" (aka bad debt)
"She owes $50,000 on her credit cards."

Like you @luniac, I don't understand why people do this to themselves.

What blows my mind is how FAST someone can acquire a lifetime of debt they will never be able to get out of

Contrarian

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
583%
Nov 13, 2014
Jalisco, Mexico
Slowlane Pension Crisis/The Pension Gap
How a pension deal went wrong and cost California taxpayers billions

Highlights - In California the difference of what has been set aside for pensions and what they will eventually owe is $241BILLION!
Even with a market rebound pension funds have not caught up
The light on the end of the tunnel is a fast moving train not the end of the tunnel - bottom line if you are thinking your 30yrs hard work for the State of California will allow you to retire with lifetime benefits think again!
Sidenote: I know a nurse who retired from LA county. They offered her 9,500 per month for life or 1.2 million cash. I strongly advised her I would take the cash. She took the monthly benefits :(

A while ago here in the UK, there was a lot of noise about mandatory pensions for employees.

Sheep response: "Lord Government is looking out for me and saving me from those greedy capitalists!"

My response: Hmm. Genius Ponzi scheme - siphon off everyone's savings into a convenient piggy bank to be raided, Cyprus style, next time the overlords run out of other people's money. And have them worship you for it.

Contrarian

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
583%
Nov 13, 2014
Jalisco, Mexico
Ben Carson Calls Poverty a ‘State of Mind,’ Igniting a Backlash

You aren't allowed to tell people that their attitudes, beliefs and behaviors keep them in poverty... Even if you're a person raised by a single mom in Detroit that grew up to be a freakin neurosurgeon at Johns Hopkins.

Also of interest is how blatantly the headline mid-characterizes what he said.

Whenever I (all too frequently) see these people bleating on about how life is unfair, they deserve this, they're entitled to that, about how anyone who doesn't support their political agenda of violently-enforced redistribution is evil, blah blah blah...

I just imagine a herd full of rescued farm animals. Eating all the grass and bleating for more. Eating it faster than their well-meaning rescuer can grow new grass. Then angrily attacking their benefactor when the grass runs out.

And then dying of starvation. Naturally, they're just herd animals, so they remain completely oblivious to the fact that they were the cause of their own death.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Whenever I (all too frequently) see these people bleating on about how life is unfair, they deserve this, they're entitled to that, about how anyone who doesn't support their political agenda of violently-enforced redistribution is evil, blah blah blah...

I just imagine a herd full of rescued farm animals. Eating all the grass and bleating for more. Eating it faster than their well-meaning rescuer can grow new grass. Then angrily attacking their benefactor when the grass runs out.

And then dying of starvation. Naturally, they're just herd animals, so they remain completely oblivious to the fact that they were the cause of their own death.
And these kind of people make rotten employees. They'll bitch over every single dollar of pay raise, holidays and benefits while seeking to do just about enough work....

This is no good to business that relies on human resources. Remind me again why we need automation....
I'm not into politics, but I respect Ben Carson.
Wow.

So you've faithfully slaved away your whole life, following Rich Son's financial advice. Now you're nearing your SCRIPTED retirement age, and yet, you can't retire.

Rich Son saves the day once again...his plan didn't work for you before? Well, check this out! Now for the low, low price of $997, learn from the man himself how YOU TOO can start an easy business dropshipping ordinary products straight from China!

Faceache sponsored post by Robert Kiyosaki

Maybe @LordPhenny really is four or five decades ahead of the game all along...
That shit plagued my social feeds and even turned up on some ads here on the forum. Doing dropshipping is one thing, but asking me to redo, rebuild the plan when I fail? Why should I repeat a failed plan?!
To repeat another failure?!

I'm gonna rant.

This vagrant is smart, using the Kiyosaki name as a validation for marketing. It seems that anything with the name Kiyosaki or Rich Dad is armed as a cash cow, whether the company's directly in it or not. I just don't understand the business behind this. It's insane.

But yah, SCRIPTED: Asking you to repeat the SCRIPT when you fail i.e get a job/pay cut, compete massively in areas with rotten entry barriers with sad liberal arts or business degrees (STEMS might follow), screw up on Ponzi schemes.

For the excuse of:
'If you are not getting the results, you are not doing it the right way. Do it (SCRIPT) again.'

And there you go, people run back to school for that pay raise, run back to that nice job with five figures, but with the nasty office politics...

RedKiteKid

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
May 29, 2017
UK
Ive just been listening to the frugality scam whilst driving to the train station so it made me chuckle when ny parking ticket had this top "get rich quick" tip on the back of it....1500360399695297473721.jpg

Thats right, book your £9 train ticket in advance and soon you'll be a millionaire. (My ticket isnt even any cheaper online so not sure how quickly my £0 savings will add up)

MetalGear

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
258%
Jan 24, 2017
Narnia
  • I keep coming back to this forum to keep myself UNSCRIPTED .
  • There is a whole wide world out there...
  • Does anyone else feel crazy for having these Fastlane dreams?
  • Normal people my age are out and enjoying themselves
  • Of course they are also very vulnerable and broke too
  • FOMO is real, but so are corporate takeovers and layoffs
/end rant

PS - a heavy hitter on the forum was nice to take a call from me once.
I kept his voicemail in my phone just to remind me that there are people that have hit the Fastlane.

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
START RANT ---

You know it's really frustrating when I use/buy a product for a particular purpose (say an iPhone or a Firefox browser) and a part of their bundling is they try to shove down your throat their "news articles" curated from "millions of people."

No, I don't want to see news from VOX, NPR or the New York Times every time I logon to my iPhone or my Firefox.

And then they make it difficult for you to dismiss, uninstall, or opt-out of it.

Give me a FN break.

-- END RANT

Siddhartha

Pleasure Operator
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Mar 30, 2019
What a fantastic 8 pages of horror to remind me of life in the script.

I listen to the first few chapters of unscripted (life in the script) on my commute every morning to force myself to remember not to accept the status quo and end up played like a pawn like one of the many examples in this thread.
Between listening to that and these 8 pages, I fill with rage thinking what the world wants for people like us.
When I'm stuck in traffic tomorrow morning, surrounded by chainsmokers, the hopeless, and the depressed; I'll be thinking about this thread.
I'm glad I found this forum.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Portland social justice types shut down a burrito joint because owners aren't correct ethnicity.

There are several Chipotles in Portland, Founder is a white guy. Let's see Portland protest Chipotle.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Script = miserable crabs telling you you can't do something because you're white/black/brown/yellow/man/woman/straight/gay/christian/muslim/fat/skinny/ugly/pretty just so they can keep you in their bucket of F*cking misery.

Featured+

But don't the buckets of misery tell you which victim card to play?

hellolin

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
May 27, 2015
I will just leave this here, too much to actually post here, but there are daily updates:

For those who did everything our parents told us to do... now what? • r/lostgeneration

I live this thread, research show that people don't actually learn from their own mistakes, due to ego, but a bit trick will make ego work for you, that is, people do learn from OTHER PEOPLE'S MISTAKES, and learn it really fast, so this thread will help in that matter.

oh come on i didn't read the book yet!
that first article sad af though... but what did the chick do the first 55 years before being so desperate for money... ????

this brings up a persistent question i have regarding young people.
why do people insist on ignoring their lack of security?
if ur 1st generation immigrant
, if u have no family connection with private property, no backup living situation, etc etc
then your work is cut out for you! how can you party it up when ur 2 paychecks from broke? an accident from broke? an economic downturn from broke?
its illogical!? why are people so damn illogical? ur basically in a heartless land with no parcel of ground to call ur own and u go party it up. how!?

Exactly, I was in the situation, due to circumstances not related to the economy, I was put into a very insecure position mentally in 2006, then I decided to do one of the riskiest things I have ever done in my life, signed up to join the navy. 10 years later, I have a well paying job and a degree all paid for by uncle Sam, watching people in my generation graduate with a degree they paid for and working at min.wage jobs. Being in this forum is my way of making myself feeling insecure again, so that I will thrive for more than what I have now. The illusion of security robs one's ambition.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
The SCRIPT has destroyed critical thinking which is why the much of the world is now a "hive-mind" powered by Scripted benefactors.
This sounds like a great plan.

The auto-enrollment scheme means more than six million British workers have now been signed up automatically to a pension savings scheme, but fears remain over how much is being set aside.

The Americans have their government sanctioned ponzi scheme, why can't we have ours?

smiley49

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
300%
May 30, 2017
Wisconsin
It's been so disheartening watching big corporations cut loose upper and middle-management employees with 25+ years of service...these friends are 401K rich (but not old enough to tap into it), cash poor, and too overqualified for most jobs now. They need to read TMF and Unscripted . Their biggest worry is replacing Health Insurance...

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.