The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The [SCRIPTED] Vault (Dogmatic Social Engineering)

OldFaithful

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Mar 11, 2016
Northwest Indiana
This one is particularly interesting:
"If you feel unduly stressed by a grade for any material... email the instructor what grade you think is appropriate and it will be so changed."
Wow, where was this when I was in school. I might have actually gotten a 4.0!!!

OldFaithful

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Mar 11, 2016
Northwest Indiana
Here's why: He's a paid service provider, but she isn't the only customer in the room. There are 50 other customers. The degree that they worked and paid for becomes worth less in the marketplace if employers know your university has lax standards.
I understand where you're coming from, but I vary a bit in my perspective. I'd prefer to let people choose for themselves and accept the consequences/success of their actions.

That girl may not have done the homework, but her grade is all on her. She paid the teacher to teach...that's on him.

juan917

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Jul 27, 2015
This is exactly why 4 year degrees are essentially worthless in the marketplace these days. Last year, we hired a kid with a 4 year degree from a reputable CA university. It's a good school, and when you see a decent GPA on a resume, you assume basic skills. The kid was useless. Not a bad person. Very pleasant. Still, totally useless. Why do I call him useless? Not because he didn't know anything, but because in addition to not knowing anything, he didn't feel he should have to work to learn. That diploma from a reputable university made him feel validated in a way that he hadn't earned. /rant over.

I graduated from a 4 year degree at a reputable school. I learned this lesson the hard way many times over when I tried getting into business with my peers who turned out to be useless many times over

Pilot35

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
502%
Sep 2, 2016
The ONE advice every self-made millionaire swears by
Business INSIDERS quizzed a host of self-made millionaires on the advice that helped them get to where they are today - with some very interesting results.

The top piece of advice came from the author of The Automatic Millionaire, David Bach, who swears by the 'pay yourself first' method.
Sharing his financial wisdom, David recommended a 'pay-yourself-first plan', which involves saving an hour of your daily income every day of the month.

David explained that it's vital to move the money into savings before you even get your hands on it, adding: 'People still don't grasp the fact that they need to save a dime out of every dollar.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
START RANT ---

You know it's really frustrating when I use/buy a product for a particular purpose (say an iPhone or a Firefox browser) and a part of their bundling is they try to shove down your throat their "news articles" curated from "millions of people."

No, I don't want to see news from VOX, NPR or the New York Times every time I logon to my iPhone or my Firefox.

And then they make it difficult for you to dismiss, uninstall, or opt-out of it.

Give me a FN break.

-- END RANT
Eh? I thought the other day you were saying you were going to DuckDuckGo? What happened to that?

Before I met Apple products, I used Samsung phones. I never had that crap news problem.
These days Samsung phones are becoming more affordable, allows cross-platform apps from the Apple Store and even has good cameras.

Want to make a switch? :playful:

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
I'm glad I could contribute to spreading the message about the unscripted life. Thanks for the rep money.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
Good lord, this is horrifying. Your philosophy is about getting people to wake up to the script and this is quite literally the epitome of a scripted society.

A careful and systematic brainwashing of the populace to push their agenda and by and large seems to be going off without a hitch.

It’s amazing how we have the most powerful communication system in the history of the world and yet these methods are still so well hidden in plain sight.

Perhaps this could be an opportunity for an optimistic and ballsy entrepreneur to step in and legitimize a new REAL company based on REAL journalism and the desire to provide factual and unbiased information again.

There's legit journalists on youtube, but i only know some russian ones cause my mom watches them.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I have to use this as another opportunity to plug Win Bigly by Scott Adams.

Is he partisan in the book or does he remain objective?

Bryan Amaiwe

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Mar 26, 2018
Agbor / Delta
@MJ, you said i should forget the commandment of time and focus on productocracy.

All my fastlane adventure is focused on the 6 LVS (legacy value system).

My question....

Should i also forget the 6 LVS which is part of time commandment and focus on productocracy?

Without the 6 LVS, the commandment of scale Will be impotent.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
It never ceases to amaze me that people who got rich (fast) via entrepreneurship continue to peddle the same BS about time, compound interest, and the whole scheme which props-up the "retirement" slave trade.

I didn't get rich doing this, but hey, you can!

Anyone can be a millionaire — with the right mind-set
I think the writers just ripped off Cuban's words just to interpret it for their own agenda to promote the SCRIPT shrill.

When making a business, it does makes sense not to spend and consume to death lol. So Cuban isn't totally wrong.

But I think Cuban should just stick to building and running businesses.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Will buying coffee keep you from getting rich? Here's what Kevin O'Leary and other experts say

And yet, none of these "experts" got rich skipping their coffee. Same ole, same ole hypocritical BS. Generally a fan of K. Leary, but he lost some points here, not to mention he's wearing some god-awful coat that probably cost $2,500 -- why was that purchase not foolish, but your $2.50 coffee is?

It's absolutely infuriating when guys worth 9 figures or more continue to preach this garbage about investing money saved on coffee.

I get it -- discipline is important as is investing. But this sh*t advice is equivalent to pissing in a lake to combat a drought. Frugality is the front door, not the entire fn house.

Kevins got a money management fund, of course he'll tell ya to save your money!

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018
There are few people I loathe on this planet, but she's one.

tenor.gif

tenor.gif

Lizjinx9

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Jan 18, 2021
A college degree is such a misconception, it doesn't guarantee anything. it is marketed and sold just like everything else and the price increases year after year while it provides no extra value. people need to be educated about higher education. Knowledge is much more important.

Lizjinx9

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Jan 18, 2021
does the author knowingly lead the sheep astray or does she think sheep will be sheep and is genuinely trying to help them within their slowlane bubble?
i do think some are just trying to help people where they are because they can't even get from the sidewalk to the slowlane.

Lizjinx9

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Jan 18, 2021
Is My Car An Asset Or A Liability?

Your car is an asset. Evidence: It generates no income and costs money to operate.

Thought of this mythology yesterday after finding out the Camry I paid $4k for 2 years ago needs a $5k engine replacement. :thumbsup:
did you do the repair or replace it? if so, how much more did you spend on another depreciating asset?

Lizjinx9

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Jan 18, 2021
Scripted Jobs most susceptible to automation

The Parts of America Most Susceptible to Automation

Highlights:
Most think the hardest area/jobs hit with automation will be the Rust Belt and manufacturing - Not so!
Much of the manufacturing is already automated
Areas of high concentration of food preparation, office or administrative support and/or sales will be most effected by automation
Las Vegas, Riverside-San Bernardino, El Paso, Orlando and Louisville will be hardest hit
More than 55% of jobs will be lost to automation in those industries areas

Note: follow the unscripted path and avoid becoming obsolete to a machine!
i already see this happening in my financial services office job. as the company invests in computer workflow systems that are more intelligent, there is less need for manual human computer processing. it makes the job more productive and less tedious but also requires less people.

Lizjinx9

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Jan 18, 2021
Girl I was hanging out with last night, we've been seeing each other for about 8 months.

"I'm getting a $5,000 scholarship to do x and y... I was thinking about investing $1,000 of it in the stock market"

Then a 10 minute spiel about a 401k, etc etc.

"I mean we're going to be automatically working until we're 70 so you might as well have as much fun as possible while you can. No point in working too hard"

And on trying to explain the concept of "f*ck you" money... just couldn't get it through to her. "Well even if you're retired at 30, you'll just die early because your brain won't be active because you won't be working." or "Well you can't just do nothing all day" blah blah blah.

The funny thing is she goes to what is probably the #1 school for entrepreneurship in the country. Her dad is boss of a few companies. "But he still has to take calls on vacation.. for example last time we went on vacation he was taking calls for the first two days."

I'd rather be working remotely while on vacation with the family, even if I had to do a 12 hour day or two during part of the vacation, because you still have that freedom. Apparently that couldn't click with her, as if the alternative of working in a cubicle for 50 weeks and having 2 weeks paid vacation is any better.
sharing the mindset with your significant other is important.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.