The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Science of Getting Rich

Anything related to matters of the mind

thinkandgrowrich

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Nov 29, 2016
Has anyone read this book?

Some of you may hate it because it's kinda new agey, esoteric, and out there lol. It's kind of like like Think and Grow Rich.

It states that all wealth and success is generated in doing things in a "Certain Way". No matter what you do, in order to achieve success you must do things in this "Certain Way". Everyone who has attained wealth and success has done things in this Certain Way, whether they are conscious of it or not.

It points out how becoming rich has nothing to do with your environment (as long as you are around people), hard work, talent, etc. It is all how you approach it and what your dominant mental attitude is. That's why some people become wealthy by putting in 2 hours of work a day (although rare) and others spend almost the whole day working for years till they attain wealth.

The author uses an example; Two businesses in the same exact industry can go about conducting business in an identical manner, and yet only one of the businessmen end up rich. Why? Because of HOW he did it and the mindset he had behind it

It's one of those books where you have to read between the lines

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Gareth

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Nov 25, 2016
A nice short insightful book but it isn't even close to TMF IMHO.

ravenspear

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Jul 25, 2016
I read it a while back, nothing revolutionarily though I agreed with a lot of it.

It's just another one of those books that points out that getting rich is primarily about mindset and how you approach life, which is absolutely true.

Most people do not become rich because they are looking for some shortcut or some mechanical process that would make them rich and they don't realize it is about mindset first. TMF looks at it as the searching for the event instead of process, but there are different ways to phrase it. While searching for this, these people remain poor in their minds, so of course they continue to reflect a poor lifestyle in their reality as well.

Thiago Machado

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
May 20, 2014
It's just another one of those books that points out that getting rich is primarily about mindset and how you approach life, which is absolutely true.

I agree 100% with you on that one.

Read "The Go-Giver" by: Bob Burg

Short.

Sweet.

Straight to the point.

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
Yeah its one of those books that can honestly be written in one page, but there is much wisdom in its words and between the lines. The mind is F*cking weird

most of the books these days is redundant. Just like with everything else but for some mystical reason... actually i take that back Packards the Persuaders covers all that. Most of my books are from 1940-1980s-early 1990s. Same principles same mindset same discipline...

thinkandgrowrich

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Nov 29, 2016
most of the books these days is redundant. Just like with everything else but for some mystical reason... actually i take that back Packards the Persuaders covers all that. Most of my books are from 1940-1980s-early 1990s. Same principles same mindset same discipline...
Very true. I think its because those books express truths and techniques that are timeless and universal, they are the building blocks to all knowledge. I recently have been reading alot about advertising and sales and the old books are definitely the best.

I actually just googled that Persuaders book you mentioned, I wasn't familiar with that one but it looks interesting. Do you have any other books that you suggest everyone should read?

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
yes.

Munger's almanack

also winning through intimadation by robert ringer

48 laws of power

33 strategies of war

Mastery

The three above are written by robert greene

those should give you a huge start; i have plenty of older books too but start with those.

MotiveInMotion

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Mar 14, 2016
Independent
yes.

Munger's almanack

also winning through intimadation by robert ringer

48 laws of power

33 strategies of war

Mastery

The three above are written by robert greene

those should give you a huge start; i have plenty of older books too but start with those.

Yessir. @thinkandgrowrich listen to this man! Almanack is crazy because you start seeing the puzzle pieces fit together LONG after you read that book through. And Greene's work is universal, social and political wisdom that has that same effect.

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
Yessir. @thinkandgrowrich listen to this man! Almanack is crazy because you start seeing the puzzle pieces fit together LONG after you read that book through. And Greene's work is universal, social and political wisdom that has that same effect.
thank you

Kazzanz

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 25, 2020
I have just read SOGR and found it amazing; simple and practical. Especially insightful is the gratitude step, good reminders in that section. It fits perfectly with the stage I am at.
I was struggling to understand if 'purpose' is a why or a how. I am leaning towards purpose being a how as in my experience, my desire led to my how, and this book has just reminded me that I need to just act in faith--and with more gratitude. Also considering SOGR was first published in 1910, any books published after would be regurgitations with a twist (which is what is necessary to keep things fresh). And hey considering what I just said this is most probably a regurgitation of earlier work too; the bible being one of them.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.