The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Most of us ain't getting rich, and that's okay

Shono

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Aug 8, 2021
I saw some "man" on LinkedIn post a story about how he cried after one of his freelance clients yelled at him on a call.

I'm pretty sure that guy was OP.
Real talk. The strongest guys often have a real sensitive side. Nothing wrong with having a cry now and then.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Sebzmaniac

Contributor
X MODERATED X
Nov 30, 2019
Bingo.

But beyond the validation and respect, what people are truly looking for is STATUS.

Most won't make it to a million (only the highly smart people will), but this is not the point.

If you can make 5k - 15k net per month, this is already GREAT!

I make 1.5k by myself on the Internet monthly, and I owe it to the books and to this community.

This is by far the best money I have ever made even though it is not much.

But...it's scalable.

Bingo.

But beyond the validation and respect, what people are truly looking for is STATUS.

Most won't make it to a million (only the highly smart people will), but this is not the point.

If you can make 5k - 15k net per month, this is already GREAT!

I make 1.5k by myself on the Internet monthly, and I owe it to the books and to this community.

This is by far the best money I have ever made even though it is not much.

But...it's scalable.
Wow! Congratulations on achieving such income monthly. I also aspire to earn such an amount

As for scaling, it's good that you have plans to make it scalable. Remember, if you don't scale your business to achieve life changing income, it has failed a CENTS productocracy.

I know it will take time, but never forget it.

Zkskak

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Nov 5, 2022
I'm not rich and I don't know if I'll ever get rich.

If I said, "only %5 of the members on this forum will get rich", you'd automatically think that you're in that %5. And that's simply not true. You're probably not. I'm sorry.

And that's completely okay. You don't need a private jet, a mansion with 15 "hoes" in it.
You don't need a Ferrari. You don't need a Rolex.

If you can't get girls when you're broke, you're still not going to get any girls if you ever get rich, trust me. You can only get some cheap gold-diggers who want a piece of that thick wallet.

Rap music and Instagram got us chasing these material things, but they don't even matter.

If you can get rich, then get rich. I'm not saying that you shouldn't try to get rich but don't beat yourself up because you don't have 20 million dollars in the bank.

The Fastlane is not about a flashy lifestyle, it's about FREEDOM.

Most of y'all want money so you can buy VALIDATION and THE RESPECT of others, NOT FREEDOM.

You can be rich and be a slave to your "business".
There are many people out there who is rich but miserable. They don't even have time to see their kids or other loved ones.

You need BALANCE. Everything in life is about balance.

Would you rather make 300k a year and work 11 hours a day, or make 60k online, but work 5 hours a day and spend the rest of your time with your loved ones or on other things that you love doing.

A month ago, 100.000+ people died, 3m+ people had to move out to a different city in my country because of an earthquake. Thousands of people still live in TENTS because they don't have a home anymore.

If you wake up everday, you're healthy and so your loved ones, I think you're already rich.
I know it sounds corny but that's simply a fact.

"Wealth consists not in having great possessions, but in having few wants." - Epictetus

This video inspired me to start this thread, it's 2 hours long but I say definitely give it a watch.

OP you honestly sound like a loser, you really do.

You’re better than this.

You can’t let those types of thoughts finish their sentence. You have to cut the thought off and think positively. You’ve let doubt, fear, and comfortability take over your mind.

DO BETTER!

Muhammad Ibrahim

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Aug 1, 2022
This is great. Practicing gratitude is really important. Thanks for sharing.

I would say it is hard to always be grateful, but also by practicing it daily we can become more and more grateful.

To be honest, in my experience and opinion. I still feel the need to do something even though I am satisfied.

There are different motivators in life (pyramid of needs is one of the tools to establishing these). Not being satisfied might be one of them. I would think if this serves me best, not to be satisfied. I don't know. Just asking. Maybe there is a better way to find meaning and fullfilment in life than nurturing the feeling of never being satisfied.

Not saying you are wrong, just thinking aloud and presenting my perspective.
i didnt mean that you should put yourself in a state of dissatisfaction. i'm saying if you have a goal or purpose that you have not achieved, you should not sit there content, you should go out and get it

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
@MJ DeMarco used to ask regularly

“what if a high profile high performer came by the forum and read your post, would they stay??”

I’m way more interested in what you are doing to change your life than what you think you can’t do.

There’s 1 million forums out there for people who have thrown in the towel. Start with Reddit.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
@MJ DeMarco used to ask regularly

“what if a high profile high performer came by the forum and read your post, would they stay??”

I’m way more interested in what you are doing to change your life than what you think you can’t do.

There’s 1 million forums out there for people who have thrown in the towel. Start with Reddit.

You come here guns a blazing like this, dropping all these truth bombs! Everyone’s going to hate you in no time.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I just got done taking some financial classes as part of a management strategy for a business that I am building on a national basis. One of the things they were talking about is how underwriters determine statistics. If you look at an individual, it’s impossible to predict the outcome. You literally can’t look at one individual person, and create a statistical profile from that one person’s life that will accurately predict the future. However, you can use the law of big groups to determine the outcome of a much larger set of people.

Take 1000 people that were around at the beginning of when this forum was built, and look at the significantly statistically, higher average of high income earners than the average population. That becomes your baseline.

Many of those people are gone, and now you are the ones that are here. We can apply the same statistical analysis to this large group that we used in the analytics of previous large groups in a similar discipline. We can presume from the larger statistical sampling that a higher than average percentage of people from this existing group that is here right now at the forum will be financially successful.

That’s literally the way that people that deal with actuarial tables predict outcomes. It’s not a guess, it’s a statistical probability based on variables we have observed previously.

People that follow the primary advice from the millionaire Fastlane , and those that have used that framework to achieve business success and then posted about it here…if you study that you have a higher than normal chance of success.

kommen

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Apr 14, 2022
I just got done taking some financial classes as part of a management strategy for a business that I am building on a national basis. One of the things they were talking about is how underwriters determine statistics. If you look at an individual, it’s impossible to predict the outcome. You literally can’t look at one individual person, and create a statistical profile from that one person’s life that will accurately predict the future. However, you can use the law of big groups to determine the outcome of a much larger set of people.

Take 1000 people that were around at the beginning of when this forum was built, and look at the significantly statistically, higher average of high income earners than the average population. That becomes your baseline.

Many of those people are gone, and now you are the ones that are here. We can apply the same statistical analysis to this large group that we used in the analytics of previous large groups in a similar discipline. We can presume from the larger statistical sampling that a higher than average percentage of people from this existing group that is here right now at the forum will be financially successful.

That’s literally the way that people that deal with actuarial tables predict outcomes. It’s not a guess, it’s a statistical probability based on variables we have observed previously.

People that follow the primary advice from the millionaire Fastlane , and those that have used that framework to achieve business success have a higher than normal chance of success themselves.
Woah welcome back bro! You haven't posted in a while

mikecarlooch

Apprentice & Student Of The Game
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida
Our brains contain 100 billion neurons.

To say that you can't create a pathway that leads to massive success is ludicrous

Instead of this limited thinking, how about thinking this?..

The universe is infinite, therefore I have infinite potential inside of me. I'm a flake of infinity in an infinite universe, and I can make connections that lead to infinite success as long as I am looking for them.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
You come here guns a blazing like this, dropping all these truth bombs! Everyone’s going to hate you in no time.
That wasn’t even guns blazing

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Statistically speaking, rich men get married at a higher rate than poor men, and stay married at higher rate than poor men.

But you want us to believe rich guys can't get girls because you were a bartender.

This guy's got zero credibility.

The rest of you, turn this information into motivation and get to work.
8B2D6EAC-600B-4BAC-BD9E-5065DA4737C6.jpeg

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
If you keep in this in mind, you will lose.

It takes an inner savage to go through failure after failure and keep going until they get success.
Dayum u tell them Daddddd your pfp has me loling omg Hahahaha

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
I remember when I first learned to type in grade school. All of the students sucked. Nobody could type in the beginning. Especially not with that skin over their keyboard hiding the letters.

When I saw my friends outperforming me, I went home and practiced. I downloaded typing programs. Competed against my mom. Spent a stupid amount of hours figuring out QWERTY.

Within a couple months, I was the fastest typist in the class. Within a year, I won the state business championship for typing. Within four years, I'd earned multiple scholarships for winning state championships for typing. And now, two decades later, I'm still one of the fastest QWERTY typists in the world.
PROOF

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Damn can we put a NSFL tag on the original post? It’s the last thing people like me need to read. It’s like it’s giving me permission to give up

My weak a$$ side likes it

piano

Trying to find the right notes
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
252%
Sep 21, 2022
Germany

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
541%
Apr 17, 2022
damn your body transformation is crazy
Thank you.

So that is the true side effect of your workout program?
Nope.
Me and the boys were on vacation and got a little fat from eating too much expensive food on the boat.

But now we're all back in the gym and the problem has been solved. :bicep:

kommen

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Apr 14, 2022
I didn't think this post would blow up. The reason of why I initially replied that way when this post was new was because I sometimes PMed him and we talked about how is it like in his country, to the point that I had the confidence to solo travel to his country.

I hope he changes his mindset and come back tbh, he was a chill dude.

Spenny

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom
I always like to play devils advocate but this is not it. I initially read it and said "alright.....?" just to realise that I just read a mental trojan horse.

It feels like a whole load of comfort that's been put out there to make you feel good + pander to regular people. It almost felt like it was a summary of a collective message of "give up", "it's okay", "what's the point anyway?" topped off with "you're already rich!" that I've heard from so many different people. It's so defeatist & looking at the OPs responses it looks like that mindset is well set. No thank you.

This post feels so wrong on so many levels. Some statistics for you: 95% of diets fail. Only 7.5% of people quit smoking. 7% percent of people only manage to quit alcohol. 90% percent of my countrymen migrating to another country return back within a year. So I lost 30 kilos and kept it off for more than a year, quit smoking and drinking, and currently live in a country with real opportunities. So my point? F*ck statistics. If you know the HOW and the WHY they do not matter! And personally, I did the above with 0 willpower and while being lazy AF.

Yep 100%. I remember when I took fitness seriously for the first time and dropped 2 stone in two months during lockdown. I was told I was a lazy student and achieved some of the highest grades at GCSEs & A-Levels in my school. I now have people telling me that entrepreneurship is risky, money isn't everything, that idea won't work, the stock market is risky, you'll likely not be wealthy, how do you have time for the gym (how do you not?), you work too much, you should be balanced.

I'm getting mad just writing this out.

This shit is hilarous, thank you for putting in the effort! :rofl:

Edit: Some clarification at the start.

CrimsonNight

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Dec 4, 2017
SWEDEN
lmao, I wasn't planning on replying to this thread but I just couldn't stop myself. Btw, I haven't read your post but I am sure it is just the same regurgitated stuff found on Reddit.

Edit: I am thankful for people like you with this kind of mindset. Less competition for us.

I will attach a screenshot of a post from another forum, I find it relevant to this thread.

IMG_0777.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0778.jpg
    IMG_0778.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 4

Jon822

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Nov 21, 2016
While I recognize that the poster of the thread deleted his account, I'm going to address something I don't think has been pointed out. He stated that 95% of people won't get rich, when in all likelihood, it's probably closer to 99%. However, he then goes on to say that this is also true of forum members. This is incorrect and it is based on a misunderstanding of generalized statistics compared to conditional probability. A famous example of this mistake was made in the OJ Simpson case when his lawyer claimed that only 1/4000 people kill their spouse. This is factually true, but it's also incomplete. It fails to account for the conditional knowledge of a spouse being dead. The probability that a spouse was killed by his or her partner GIVEN that he or she is dead is 99%.

Going back to the probability of getting rich: for the general population it is absolutely true that 99% will not. However, other conditions start to drastically change this probability. While the specific numbers aren't really relevant or worthwhile to figure out, it's clear from the above example that the difference can be astounding: 1/4000 for the general population compared to 99% when it is GIVEN that a spouse is dead. An arbitrary person has a 1% chance of getting rich, but upon learning that he is in his third year of entrepreneurial endeavors, considers himself a Fastlaner, and works to improve everyday, his updated odds might become 20%. And each day of improvement will continue to add x% to this.

If you like mathematics, statistics, and conditional probability, I would highly recommend the book "Fooled by Randomness" by Nassim Nicholas Taleb. In conclusion, the premise of the original post in this thread is full of shit and you shouldn't concern yourself with generalized population statistics when they mean nothing to individuals creating their own conditions. Keep grinding!

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
While I recognize that the poster of the thread deleted his account, I'm going to address something I don't think has been pointed out. He stated that 95% of people won't get rich, when in all likelihood, it's probably closer to 99%. However, he then goes on to say that this is also true of forum members. This is incorrect and it is based on a misunderstanding of generalized statistics compared to conditional probability. A famous example of this mistake was made in the OJ Simpson case when his lawyer claimed that only 1/4000 people kill their spouse. This is factually true, but it's also incomplete. It fails to account for the conditional knowledge of a spouse being dead. The probability that a spouse was killed by his or her partner GIVEN that he or she is dead is 99%.

Going back to the probability of getting rich: for the general population it is absolutely true that 99% will not. However, other conditions start to drastically change this probability. While the specific numbers aren't really relevant or worthwhile to figure out, it's clear from the above example that the difference can be astounding: 1/4000 for the general population compared to 99% when it is GIVEN that a spouse is dead. An arbitrary person has a 1% chance of getting rich, but upon learning that he is in his third year of entrepreneurial endeavors, considers himself a Fastlaner, and works to improve everyday, his updated odds might become 20%. And each day of improvement will continue to add x% to this.

If you like mathematics, statistics, and conditional probability, I would highly recommend the book "Fooled by Randomness" by Nassim Nicholas Taleb. In conclusion, the premise of the original post in this thread is full of shit and you shouldn't concern yourself with generalized population statistics when they mean nothing to individuals creating their own conditions. Keep grinding!
I think luck determines how early and how big the success is but effort determines whether you will be successful eventually.

I have yet to hear any case of 3-4 decades of consecutive failures in hustling. So either people tap out first or eventually make it.

Isaac Odongo

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Nov 7, 2022
Uganda
In conclusion, the premise of the original post in this thread is full of shit and you shouldn't concern yourself with generalized population statistics when they mean nothing to individuals creating their own conditions. Keep grinding!
Thank you.

The argument the thread presented here is invalid. You have affirmed its invalidity.

If you keep hitting a piece of rock with a sledge hammer again and again it splits.

If a forum member keeps engaging the market, acting and assessing and adjusting, the dough comes around.

I don't think the forum will let someone serious just be here and do nothing.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Great take, gonna throw that in the newsletter.

Jon822

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Nov 21, 2016
Great take, gonna throw that in the newsletter.
I found it a bit humorous that the original poster was presenting his "mediocrity is the expectation" philosophy as if it were a math proof, when in reality it was based on faulty logic. I'm glad you and others found my take valuable, though!

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
I found it a bit humorous that the original poster was presenting his "mediocrity is the expectation" philosophy as if it were a math proof, when in reality it was based on faulty logic. I'm glad you and others found my take valuable, though!
The danger of mediocrity is that the promise of mediocre comfort is non-sustainable and often illusory.

The reality is that people often fall on the two extreme end. You either pay the price to achieve significant success or you end up in perpetual traps, liability, unfulfilledness and struggle to pay the next bill. Most people have to tell them lies every day to accept their own misery as the new normal.

There is no "in-between". You are either a massive success or a failure. Technology disruption, Globalisation, and the global debt crisis are all forces behind them.

You have to be successful in order to be not a failure. This is just the new rule of the game because the world has changed.

PC123

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Apr 2, 2023
Fooled by Randomness

Taleb's book is an eye-opener, life after all is a risk-taking business

m0ntilla21

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
May 4, 2023

That is exactly what I thought.

And that is exactly why, for years, I facilitate and coordinate "my" own mastermind meetings with other business owners.

The chances to get to those meetings are quite thin, and obviously the people who make it into the room do not follow "common popolation statistics".

The very same applies getting in a high end mentorship.

The very same applies getting into this forum.

You guys are not average.

Let nobody tell you that the odds are against you.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.