The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The rarest Reddit find of all... actual gold. (Legendary Comic)

emanresu

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Oct 9, 2015
While watching some Gary videos (thank you RhysT1) I had a déjà vu moment.I kept wondering where I've seen it before...and it suddenly hit me.

Did you notice how much Gary and MJ have in common?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Last edited by a moderator:

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Worth a bump for 2017... in case one of your New Year Resolutions was just to "read more".

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
If people are paying so much to help themselves, why aren't there more successful people in the world?

1. People's version of success and improvement vary wildly. For some people (most people), financial wealth is not an indicator of success for them, but rather fulfillment and love/bonding are higher on the list.
2. There are way more successful people in this world than most people think. For example, if there are 7B people in the world, and 1% of them are financially successful, that's 70M very successful people. If each of those 70M people only spent $141.50 on self help, you're at $9.9B in money spent on self help.

GoGetter24

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
210%
Oct 8, 2017
Various
If people are paying so much to help themselves, why aren't there more successful people in the world?
Because of their version of "help themselves".

For us, we believe helping ourselves means taking action to upgrade our life situation. For most people, they just want to assuage bad feelings by pretending they're doing something. So that's what the self-help industry provides.

Producers vs consumers.

masterneme

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Apr 13, 2015
Yes. People are in two groups. Some talk about 99% and 1%, some of wolves and sheep. Team consumer, team producer. You get the point.

The game is RIGGED against the first one.
EVERYTHING is engineered to profit the second at the expense of the first.
Why? Because the second group engineered it. If it would have been up to the first, we would be cavemen with great social welfare.
I disagree, it's not engineered it's the survival of the fittest.

Some people are born with a genetic predisposition to work hard and find creative solutions to problems and the rest with a predisposition to laziness and ignorance.

In the past, the hardness of Nature would clean the genetic pool constantly, giving smarter and stronger individuals much higher survival and reproductive chances.

Now, because we created an environment where you can survive and have a good living with whatever intellectual and physical conditions you're born with, the genetic pool is not benefiting those with better fitness, we basically have overriden biology.

There's no engineering IT JUST HAPPENS. There's no one stopping people to do the thing and be successful. In the "comfort" of their lives they choose to keep being lazy.

So obviously those who make merits get rewarded.

And personally, I think the edge is increasing, there're SO MANY dumb and lazy people that the differences between poor and rich will become bigger and bigger over time. We're heading towards an idiocracy and if some sort of conflict happens it will be because of the morons of the world.

If you pay attention we're seeing a rise on many different variations of social marxism, and I think it's directly correlated to what I said, the number of people wanting to be rewarded for doing nothing it's increasing.

The question is, are you a real entrepeneur? Are you doing the work?

If the answer is YES, be grateful for being born with the appropriate necessary traits, or you would be playing video games and watching pr0n in front of a cheap a$$ pizza while blaming everyone else for being such a huge failure.

I sure am grateful, I thank Mother Nature for my DNA, capitalism for creating a safe environment with merit based rewards and entrepeneurs for making the world better.

D

Deleted58089

%23entrepreneurfail+Building+an+empire.png

entrepreneurfail-Logo-Design.png
This HELP i think is not random at all.
Maybe a course of the exact steps to build a pyramid in 24 steps!

Mario_fastlaner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Mar 1, 2019
Milano
I agree with all of that. I noticed that I accomplished more when I didn’t have smartphone or internet access, because all I could do was just “try and see what happened, then try again” instead of “read, find the secret that you’ll never find, then read again”

NotAnotherUser11

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Nov 23, 2019
I think this really hits home with a lot of people. Perhaps the reason why so few people attempt to start a business, follow their dreams, and actually act on things is simple - They're afraid. And they know that if they act on them they will most likely fail and that validates the reason why they never tried to begin with.

I remember when my dad was sick with cancer and he refused to try CBD after chemo had failed. I begged and begged and begged him and the reason was simple. He knew it wasn't going to work and was terrified of that validation that says "Wow, you really are out of options now".

Most of the people I know who are the angriest are not the ones who live in fantasy land and dream about Yachts and Ferrari's, it's the ones who tried their entire lives and could never get it. The resentment they have in them is of unspeakable levels.

Regardless - This post is fantastic and that seems to be the constant answer on this forum - rightfully so! Just do the damn work. No magic secret, no $5,000 course, no vision boards. Just do the work.

Last edited:

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Did you notice how much Gary and MJ have in common?

Gary V is a wanker just like Grant Cardone and the rest.
His guru persona is that of a stern fatherly "mentor" who "cares about you", who hustles 24/7/365 and is constantly busy. The only thing one can learn from him is the way he speaks, which is extremely convincing and assuring. Notice how everytime when you watch Tony Robbins and GaryV's videos, you feel that high, warm and fuzzy feeling inside?

With that kind of talking skill, one can build large audiences, a gigantic cult following, and the ability to sell ice to eskimos.

NotAnotherUser11

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Nov 23, 2019
Gary V is a wanker just like Grant Cardone and the rest.
His guru persona is that of a stern fatherly "mentor" who "cares about you", who hustles 24/7/365 and is constantly busy. The only thing one can learn from him is the way he speaks, which is extremely convincing and assuring. Notice how everytime when you watch Tony Robbins and GaryV's videos, you feel that high, warm and fuzzy feeling inside?

With that kind of talking skill, one can build large audiences, a gigantic cult following, and the ability to sell ice to eskimos.

Yeah but one thing GaryV said really struck a chord with me. He said something along the lines of "I tell people all of the time, listen - you're 25 or 26 and that plan you have is great! Within' 5 years you will could have a seriously solid business in play. They look at me with disappointment, as if 30-31 is considered old. They want it immediately. Everyone thinks you're supposed to have life figured out by 30 when in fact most people are just starting".

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Worth a bump.

SDE

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
518%
Jul 9, 2018
bumping for those who haven't seen this yet

Angler

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
271%
Sep 9, 2021

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Tomco

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Jan 9, 2023
Really enjoyed this post, thank you for posting!

I guess this really portrays action faking to the fullest. A key take away as well is that sometimes, not talking about your goals or dreaming big could actually be beneficial if you're putting in the work. I guess if you talk to someone about your ambitions and letting them in on your inner workings, then the joy gets kind of taken away, like the trick has been revealed. Then your motivation dwindles into nothing.

Looking at it this way, online communities where people talk about business, success, self-improvement (and the hundred other communities out there), should better be approached with the mentality that, if I'm facing an issue, then asking myself:

"What are my peers doing to overcome this particular scenario?"

Rather than posting:

"I'm going to launch an app and start a website and do this and that"

All in all, great find @RHL!

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Really enjoyed this post, thank you for posting!

I guess this really portrays action faking to the fullest. A key take away as well is that sometimes, not talking about your goals or dreaming big could actually be beneficial if you're putting in the work. I guess if you talk to someone about your ambitions and letting them in on your inner workings, then the joy gets kind of taken away, like the trick has been revealed. Then your motivation dwindles into nothing.

Looking at it this way, online communities where people talk about business, success, self-improvement (and the hundred other communities out there), should better be approached with the mentality that, if I'm facing an issue, then asking myself:

"What are my peers doing to overcome this particular scenario?"

Rather than posting:

"I'm going to launch an app and start a website and do this and that"

All in all, great find @RHL!
Progress threads where people talk about what they've done do waaay better than progress threads where people talk about what they're going to do.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
541%
Apr 17, 2022
I guess if you talk to someone about your ambitions and letting them in on your inner workings, then the joy gets kind of taken away, like the trick has been revealed. Then your motivation dwindles into nothing.

100% - You've nailed it.

I don't know what is the scientific explanation for this phenomenon, but whatever you keep inside your head gets amplified. Whatever you tell other people gets diminished.

This is exactly how trauma is happening.
It's not bad events that traumatize you. You are traumatizing yourself by replaying the same memory in your head over and over again. You are amplifying it.

And this is why therapy or social connection works. You express your emotions. You let the negativity out by talking to someone you trust, and who understands you.

The same thing happens with goals.

If you keep your goals to yourself and start obsessing about them, they will be amplified x1000 into your head. They will turn into a vision - your own version of seeing life that is almost undistinguishable from reality.

The only difference between having a vision and clinical insanity, is that the vision is not real yet, and thus cannot be seen by other people - yet.

So the best course of action is to shut up and work.

The results will do the talking for you.

Nature will decide what is possible and what is not possible. Your job is to try, and see what happens.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I think part of it is that people get a little endorphine rush and feeling of accomplishment by just talking about their goal, rather than from actually achieving it.

Tomco

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Jan 9, 2023
This is exactly how trauma is happening.
It's not bad events that traumatize you. You are traumatizing yourself by replaying the same memory in your head over and over again. You are amplifying it.
I like the comparison you made about something which actually helps by talking about it. Thanks for the insight!

Andy Bell

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Feb 10, 2019
Zihuantanejo
Bump, one of my favorite posts/comics gives me a kick in the a$$ when I'm slacking and I go back to it like today :)

Vasudev Soni

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Jul 31, 2022
Ghaziabad, IN
That’s quite a powerful comic strip.

Dreaming is important, as it helps you to figure out what you want to achieve in life. But only dreaming, and not acting on it is dangerous.

Without any actions and execution, dreams stay dreams.

With actions and execution, dreams become reality.

Vasudev Soni

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Jul 31, 2022
Ghaziabad, IN
Bump, one of my favorite posts/comics gives me a kick in the a$$ when I'm slacking and I go back to it like today :)
Awesome, keep on hustling.

bennyfloydruby

PARKED
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jul 12, 2023
Everything on the left side is a multi-TRILLION dollar industry.

Feel good, instant gratification and egoistic consumption.

The voracious appetite of team consumer.

Team producer has it all figured out. From brands like Rolex, BMW, Instagram, Nordstrom. They know exactly how the egoistic and imaginative masturbation of the consumerist mind works.

Funny how the best business books are books nobody ever talks about or probably has never heard of. They're difficult and boring. But Rich dad poor dad? Gold! 4 hour work week. Awesome! These are books that target your imagination and know how to get you worked up.
Funny how the best business books are books nobody ever talks about or probably has never heard of.

Which books are you referring to in this case? Any good ones you'd recommend?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.