The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The One Little 'Secret' For Repeat Sales

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

million$$$smile

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
703%
Dec 25, 2012
Midwest
I've been selling online since 2000.

And to be honest with you, I am NOT tech oriented. In fact, I am probably one of the worst cases, knowledge wise, of online entrepreneurs on this forum. I am extremely slow to incorporate new ideas, advertising, or 'upgrades' to my business.

Sometimes too slow.

It took me 18 months to finally switch my websites from one major hosting company to a better one even though those that did the research here on TFLF pointed out overwhelmingly that it was a far better choice. I finally looked into it and pulled the trigger.

I finally switched.

I must be extremely hardheaded.

But, I have done a few things fairly well. One being, to create repeat customers on my websites.
And a repeat customer to me, is worth FAR MORE than a new customer, dollar for dollar.

Why? Because a repeat customer sells for you, providing they are a happy customer.
Word of mouth is the BEST advertising ROI hands down.

All these customers are into social media, more than I could ever be. I could throw money at the wall hoping it would stick and one word out of their mouth might bring me 10X customers without spending a dime.

So, my goal has always been to ENHANCE the experience as much as possible for my existing customers thus creating a desire to share the good experience with their friends.

I am in the business to ENHANCE satisfaction in my customers, so that they will share with others.

I have been privileged to have customers that continue to order from me for well over a decade. I regard each and every customer to have a LTV of $1000 lifetime.

So, if each customer is potentially worth that amount, one would have to ask, what is the best way to retain a customer to repeat over and over?

IDENTIFICATION.

You have to create a BOND with the customer. You have to identify with them and they to you.

Make it personal. How?

For me it is writing a personal note to each customer that orders from me.

I don't do this for orders on the marketplaces, ie Amazon, Ebay etc, but only from my websites.
Those are not my customers. They are shoppers. I fulfill an order but they care less from who they order it from. I don't waste my time.

But, my packers/shippers keep my websites' orders separate so that I can sign a thank you or whatever I feel like saying. If your selling dog supplies, 'from one dog lover to another' -supplements, 'stay healthy' whatever, sign your name or ' handle'.
I use a handle because I have a brand with the same name, but one could use CEO, or President and thank them personally.

I have heard back via email and word of mouth that some of these customers have kept the packing slip just for the fact of the personal touch and have reordered from me instead of the competition just for the fact that I identify with them.

We all want to think we are special. Give them the personal touch and they will share it with others.

It may take a few moments, but the returns are worth it.

Over the long term, it can be worth millions.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

KingChuck211

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
245%
Jan 24, 2018
Birmingham, U.K
This is something I am implementing in my business which launches next month. When a customer places an order I will be hand writing a note thanking them and welcoming them into the **insert brand name** family.

Thank you for posting, it has re-assured me that this is a good idea and cant wait to reap the benefits from it.

IGP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Aug 24, 2015
I've been selling online since 2000.

And to be honest with you, I am NOT tech oriented. In fact, I am probably one of the worst cases, knowledge wise, of online entrepreneurs on this forum. I am extremely slow to incorporate new ideas, advertising, or 'upgrades' to my business.

Sometimes too slow.

It took me 18 months to finally switch my websites from one major hosting company to a better one even though those that did the research here on TFLF pointed out overwhelmingly that it was a far better choice. I finally looked into it and pulled the trigger.

I finally switched.

I must be extremely hardheaded.

But, I have done a few things fairly well. One being, to create repeat customers on my websites.
And a repeat customer to me, is worth FAR MORE than a new customer, dollar for dollar.

Why? Because a repeat customer sells for you, providing they are a happy customer.
Word of mouth is the BEST advertising ROI hands down.

All these customers are into social media, more than I could ever be. I could throw money at the wall hoping it would stick and one word out of their mouth might bring me 10X customers without spending a dime.

So, my goal has always been to ENHANCE the experience as much as possible for my existing customers thus creating a desire to share the good experience with their friends.

I am in the business to ENHANCE satisfaction in my customers, so that they will share with others.

I have been privileged to have customers that continue to order from me for well over a decade. I regard each and every customer to have a LTV of $1000 lifetime.

So, if each customer is potentially worth that amount, one would have to ask, what is the best way to retain a customer to repeat over and over?

IDENTIFICATION.

You have to create a BOND with the customer. You have to identify with them and they to you.

Make it personal. How?

For me it is writing a personal note to each customer that orders from me.

I don't do this for orders on the marketplaces, ie Amazon, Ebay etc, but only from my websites.
Those are not my customers. They are shoppers. I fulfill an order but they care less from who they order it from. I don't waste my time.

But, my packers/shippers keep my websites' orders separate so that I can sign a thank you or whatever I feel like saying. If your selling dog supplies, 'from one dog lover to another' -supplements, 'stay healthy' whatever, sign your name or ' handle'.
I use a handle because I have a brand with the same name, but one could use CEO, or President and thank them personally.

I have heard back via email and word of mouth that some of these customers have kept the packing slip just for the fact of the personal touch and have reordered from me instead of the competition just for the fact that I identify with them.

We all want to think we are special. Give them the personal touch and they will share it with others.

It may take a few moments, but the returns are worth it.

Over the long term, it can be worth millions.

I like it!

As the saying goes: "Your BUSINESS is the product. Not what you sell!"

Flybye

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Feb 19, 2018
Cuba v2.1 (Miami)
Word of mouth IS the most powerful. Reading a review from a random stranger doesnt have the same effect as your trusted life long best friend coming up to you and telling you "Hey I tried this product/service, and its great! And the people that work at that company are very friendly."

That personal touch is very nice.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.