The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Learn Web Design Video Response Thread

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe

Marjus77

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Feb 1, 2016
If anyone has more questions etc - go for it.
Hey Fox!
Thank you for taking the time do this, I really appreciate the opportunity.
Here is my question: For someone who doesn't know much about web design or at least a little, would you recommend to pay someone to get a website up and running or would you still try to learn it yourself? If the 2nd how would you learn? Via Youtube, Udemy or somewhere else?

Thank you!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Wolf

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
May 13, 2014
United Kingdom
If anyone has more questions etc - go for it.

How do you deal with SEO on your projects? I got my first project done (paid) and now the client wants to meet again next week to discuss speeding up the time it takes to appear on Google. I'm not really sure what I could do other than signing them up for AdWords (which I've never used). How do you handle these situations? Thanks!

AnAverageJoe

remember that you will die
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Feb 4, 2017
NMBSC
Hey, thanks for doing this.

I kind of stumbled into my first client. Really wasn't looking for one, but she pretty much fell into my lap. Funny how that works.

Anyway, she needs a site and she has a pretty decent budget. I'm going to send her a proposal, but I want to be sure to do it right.

As far as pricing, is the best way to do it to figure out your hourly rate, and then decide how long it'll take and then give them that number as a project price? Or should I break it down by element? (per page price, copywriting prices, monthly upkeep fee, etc.)

Thanks!

EDIT: I might be able to answer my own question. I'm reading Breaking The Time Barrier that you recommended in your original progress thread.

Last edited:

MILIANARD134

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Mar 22, 2018
France
Hey, I have an issue with my coding, it never happened earlier, when I click on the top menu on my one page website, it won’t scroll..
I always use a template, for this exemple it’s « sartre », the resume one, and i résolu can’t make the code works.
I tried adding some jscript but again it didn’t work...
Could someone help me?

Thanks a lot

wizaster

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Sep 13, 2017
quebec
Hey, I have an issue with my coding, it never happened earlier, when I click on the top menu on my one page website, it won’t scroll..
I always use a template, for this exemple it’s « sartre », the resume one, and i résolu can’t make the code works.
Could someone help me?

Thanks a lot

Have you tried using the 'name' attribute in the target section tag while directing the href of your button to it? ie.: <a href="#contact-form">Contact us</a>

<section name="contact-form">

Bulgano

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
139%
Sep 12, 2017
Australia
Could someone help me?

Thanks a lot

Open up developer console in your browser while on the site and see if any errors appear in the console while you are clicking the link that is supposed to scroll. If so, post it here.

MILIANARD134

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Mar 22, 2018
France
Hey there, thanks again Bulgano for the tips, it now works...
Now,my website layout is almost finished, but i have again a problem.

Here is my website : http://domaintestname.club/

As you can see when you reduce the width, and use it on mobile, there is no sidebar menu.
it never happened on other themes, so i'm trying to understand why the nav bar don't show on responsive mobile, and why there is a blank space on the top of my full screen slider.

Could someone help me figure it out ?

Thanks you very much

TheOrchestrator

Freedom Fighter
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
361%
Feb 8, 2018
Houston, TX
Hey there, thanks again Bulgano for the tips, it now works...
Now,my website layout is almost finished, but i have again a problem.

Here is my website : http://domaintestname.club/

As you can see when you reduce the width, and use it on mobile, there is no sidebar menu.
it never happened on other themes, so i'm trying to understand why the nav bar don't show on responsive mobile, and why there is a blank space on the top of my full screen slider.

Could someone help me figure it out ?

Thanks you very much

There are some things that I noticed in the code that might help answer that, however, before we get to that, I suggest first confirming why you have so many failed file requests. This page is calling for a ton of files, some images, but mostly Javascript files, and you're getting tons of 404 errors. Did you change the location of these files without fixing references to them in your code? I'm currently looking at 17 "404, Not Found" errors on this page. Perhaps this is contributing to some of your problems?

MILIANARD134

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Mar 22, 2018
France
So, thank you @TheOrchestrator because i didn't see those errors.
Now i tried to solve some problems, and it looks like there is only 4 error better then 22 aha.
Actually when I look to those errors i can't see where it come from, so if anyone has an idea... Already tried to dive into the javascript and search those misssing images, but there isn't those images in my folder,nor in the javascript or css...

I'm facing another mistake, as you can see I tried to change a little bit the website design, and I tried it on safari on my macbook pro. It looks so blurry...
But let's face the problem step by step, and now the main problem is the responsiveness of my website..

I think this is the last time I will use this theme again because I had a lot of headache,and my client needs is website really fast...

So here is the main problem,as you can see i want the slider full slide on mobile and I almost tried to change all things in CSS or html and it doesn't work... Anyone have an idea ?

Capture d’écran 2018-07-25 à 11.27.46.png

TheOrchestrator

Freedom Fighter
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
361%
Feb 8, 2018
Houston, TX
I gotcha, man. I’m out of town with the family right now, and I’m nowhere near a computer. I’ll sit down and give it a real solid look this weekend if you haven’t figured it out by then.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.