The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Need Help for learn web designing by self

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

Sumit Sharma

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
May 26, 2020
INDIA
Hello guys my name is sumit and I am from india We all know that at present cause of this pandemic educational institutions Band . Now my financial situation is not okay to Learn web development online and purchase course.
PLEASE HELP ME TO LEARN AND TELL RESOURCES WITCH COURSE IS FREE AND HELP YOU TO LEARN WEB DESIGNING.
I WANNA BE MY LIFE UNSCRIPTED HELP ME GUYS AND MJ AND GUIDE ME

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

LaneMan

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Jul 4, 2020
Mauritius
Hello guys my name is sumit and I am from india We all know that at present cause of this pandemic educational institutions Band . Now my financial situation is not okay to Learn web development online and purchase course.
PLEASE HELP ME TO LEARN AND TELL RESOURCES WITCH COURSE IS FREE AND HELP YOU TO LEARN WEB DESIGNING.

Sign up on freecodecamp and codecademy. Take the HTML & CSS paths and after a few months you'll figure things out.

George Appiah

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
193%
Aug 16, 2018
Accra, Ghana
Now my financial situation is not okay to Learn web development online and purchase course.

There are more FREE web development resources online than paid courses... so much, in fact, that many people drown in these freebies and tutorials and end up looking for (paid) expert guidance to accelerate their progress.

But first, you need to really be brutally honest with yourself that you really want to pursue web development as a career. I'm saying this because your ultimate goal will dictate the best path learning path for you. If you really only want to make some quick bucks building websites and move on, then learning the coding might not be the best route for you. You could just learn to -USE- some site builder or setting up WordPress sites with ready-made themes.

FREE RESOURCES

Begin by binging on @Fox's YouTube videos to clearly understand the bigger picture of the web development landscape: the opportunity, the challenges, different paths that you might want to take... and all the business-building essentials that most ignore to their own detriment.

If you actually HAVE to and WANT to learn CODING, and you're a total beginner with exactly $0 to spend, I'll also recommend you start with FreeCodeCamp.org's Responsive Web Design Certification. It's a totally-free 300-hour interactive STRUCTURED course covering HTML and CSS, the ground-zero of building websites.

With all that said, a question I often ask people in your situation is this: Which problem would you rather have: landing a big web development contract and not having the technical whips to execute it, or being a coding ninja with no job lined up to do?

(Hint: if you have a big cheque today and no technical skills, you can easily hire a starving geek to work for you or even outsource the entire project. But good luck outsourcing your sex life sales and marketing, especially when you don't have any money at all.)

If you choose the former over the latter, then spend 80% of your time learning sales and marketing and to build your online profile, and only 20% on the fancy technical stuff. I see too many "starving artists". Heck, I've been one myself. And I don't want you to fall into that trap.

Good luck, and stay safe!

Last edited:

Kasimir

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Sep 4, 2020
Switzerland
In my mind skillshare has a lot to offer and you can get an up to three months free trial, which certainly helped me. Otherwise, I find the other advices very useful, just grind for three months or so and try to learn as much as possible, and then you will be at a whole different point.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Hidayat

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Aug 24, 2020
Jagdalpur, CG, India
Web design, development has a low barrier to entry and is a supper supper compitative niche. This is because any one with a laptop and internet connection can enter this field. The competition is cut throat and reward is peanuts. Be very sure you wanna do this. Check other options or niche down for example check python programming, game development or machine learning. If you are creative leaning rather then coding then check graphic design, Explainer video production. There are hundreds of niches and paths you can take.
A good path is learning and building a saas. Its has a high barrier to entry and huge profits.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.