The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Goodest Boys/Girls... A Dog Thread

Royce2

y'all need jesus
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Dec 16, 2018
Washington State
This is a thread for Doggos.

:xx:Cats not allowed.. or squirrels.:xx:

Share a pic of your Dog and any story or things that it does that make it a good boy or girl.

I do not have a dog but am currently researching all about Rottweilers and am 100% getting one when my kids grow up a little more.
Also going to get a golden-doodle for my wife on January.

Any dog lovers out there? I'm certain I'm not the only one.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Good boy: Incredibly loveable, soft, gentle, loyal, happy, and a pound puppy saved just hours from death.
Bad boy: Goes crazy when sees other dogs and won't take his medicine in his pill pockets. Too smart for his own good.
56686678210__5D9CF6BD-F7B1-449C-8E92-FB51AB89C977.JPG

Danny Sullivan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Jul 2, 2018
Germany
Someone's grandma' used to say: "The dog suits the owner in most aspects" :) @MJ DeMarco

First i have to say... it's not my dog. Though i'm walking him voluntarily almost every friday in the shelter he's in. He's a doberman-mix, 4 and half years of age and is suffering from dilated cardiomyopathy (dcm) that might lead to an early death and needs constant monitoring and medication. Beside that, he's a really strong dog and an absolute treat. It's said that he's more of a "woman-dog" and would be agressive towards man. Must be my feminine side then, because he shows no signs of agression or dominant behaviour towards me and listens superb to commands. The moment my own situation improves (still got 2 smaller pets from an recently disbanded relationship) and my living space and time is somewhat limited, i'd like to foster him for a while and if it all fits, take him over. So i though i'd share. His name's Rocko.

iGkF96K.jpg

rYQOn1e.jpg

Besides that i also wondered, if there's something some could do to improve the overall situations for dogs in shelters. I haven't recognized much though.
What's most needed is food, special foods, treats and medication, dog waste bags (for dog walkers), some toys (preferably some that can store treats to challenge and occupy dogs for a while), and definitely dog beds - god there are so many dogs sleeping on 1-2 thin blankets it's a shame. Some dogs have very loose, old and beat up harnesses and collars (but there's also a lot people spending used and even new ones to shelters) and there are certain easily scared dogs that would need a special harness for walking. As for leashes, they're mostly using a set of leashes for the volunary walkers and don't need that many leashes at all (i think they got like 10-15 leashes overall). With these cold temperatures in germany there are a lot of dogs that would need a coat or something similiar to not be freezing or get overly wet while walking, which are often missing too.

Last edited:

Ravens_Shadow

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
643%
Oct 2, 2012
Austin, TX
5dd016febcb2fa6164966a87f8ac5a3ad6966d58.png
aab318daca8bde320a6d24ca8ef146f3036444a4.png

She's good when she's lounging in the house. Loves to play and goes wild. Well trained, and knows when to wait at doors/for an action, sit, shake, wait to eat until we tell her she can, etc.
She's bad off leash because she loves to chomp on sticks and eat grass and goose poop.

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
Sadie is very loyal. Spoiled rotten. Well trained. She can be off leash with myself only though. Does not listen to my girlfriend at all. Absolutely hilarious. 90 to nothing. Can take a small nap. Be ready to go for a long walk or run. ACTIVE!

She is 3 years old.

sadie1.jpg sadie5.jpg

Royce2

y'all need jesus
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Dec 16, 2018
Washington State
So many good Doggos! Keep this going I love everyone’s dogs they are such unique friends!
Can’t wait to show off my rottie when I get her!

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
This is my freaky 190lb malamute Max

max.JPG 2018-12-29_16-59-27.jpg

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
472%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
This is Emma our 3 (ish) year old Pit mix. We rescued her about 1 1/2 years ago after she'd been in the county animal shelter for several months.

Emma.PNG

Good girl: She is a great cuddler and she's really great with kids.

Bad Girl: She's a flight risk. Open door? Gone. Open fence gate? Gone. Once chased her through my entire neighborhood at 7am in a full suit...

Ps.. my wife made her a IG @emma_pitty

Royce2

y'all need jesus
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Dec 16, 2018
Washington State
Once chased her through my entire neighborhood at 7am in a full suit...
If I were to do a deal with you and you came in a dirty suit with that story. I don’t care what you were offering I would sign immediately haha what a good girl!

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
This is my best friend in the whole world. She's 7 now, still has as much energy as she did when he was a puppy. She's full of life and energy. The sweetest dog you've ever met. Loves to be cuddled, loves to be hugged, never wants to be alone. You can never give her enough attention.

Good girl: Sweetest dog I've ever met (and I've owned 10 dogs). She won't even bite playfully, that's how harmless she despite looking intimidating. Really all she wants is to be loved and given attention. She's fiercely loyal and protective as dobermans are; basically afraid of nothing.

Extremely intelligent. She knows she's not supposed to take our food, so once she took a loaf of bread off the counter, but didn't eat it. She just looked at everyone eating for someone to say no. But we didn't, and she figured she had permission to eat it, so she did lol.

Less than desirable traits: I won't even say she's a bad girl because she's the best dog I could ask her, but here are her imperfections.

As I said before she's very protective. She'll growl and bark at strangers. She hates other dogs. People are terrified of her. She's never bitten anyone though, and never would because she doesn't even know how. I've gotten her to be more chill recently though.
IMG_1230-31-12-19-01-44.JPGIMG_1238-31-12-19-01-47.JPGIMG_1564-31-12-19-01-44.JPGIMG_1859-31-12-19-01-44.JPGIMG_1286-31-12-19-01-46.JPG

She loves her bed and having a blanket put on her,

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
Good boy: Incredibly loveable, soft, gentle, loyal, happy, and a pound puppy saved just hours from death.
Bad boy: Goes crazy when sees other dogs and won't take his medicine in his pill pockets. Too smart for his own good.
View attachment 23003

Getting my dog to take his pills was my morning battle, until one time my brother had to do it. He microwaved a frozen chicken-nugget for 10 seconds, poked the pills in to the nugget, and just threw it at him. The morning battle was then replaced by the morning nugget.

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
This is Emma our 3 (ish) year old Pit mix. We rescued her about 1 1/2 years ago after she'd been in the county animal shelter for several months.

View attachment 23037

Good girl: She is a great cuddler and she's really great with kids.

Bad Girl: She's a flight risk. Open door? Gone. Open fence gate? Gone. Once chased her through my entire neighborhood at 7am in a full suit...

Ps.. my wife made her a IG @emma_pitty

You could have called her "Shiner".

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
This is my best friend in the whole world. She's 7 now, still has as much energy as she did when he was a puppy. She's full of life and energy. The sweetest dog you've ever met. Loves to be cuddled, loves to be hugged, never wants to be alone. You can never give her enough attention.

Good girl: Sweetest dog I've ever met (and I've owned 10 dogs). She won't even bite playfully, that's how harmless she despite looking intimidating. Really all she wants is to be loved and given attention. She's fiercely loyal and protective as dobermans are; basically afraid of nothing.

Extremely intelligent. She knows she's not supposed to take our food, so once she took a loaf of bread off the counter, but didn't eat it. She just looked at everyone eating for someone to say no. But we didn't, and she figured she had permission to eat it, so she did lol.

Less than desirable traits: I won't even say she's a bad girl because she's the best dog I could ask her, but here are her imperfections.

As I said before she's very protective. She'll growl and bark at strangers. She hates other dogs. People are terrified of her. She's never bitten anyone though, and never would because she doesn't even know how. I've gotten her to be more chill recently though.
View attachment 23054View attachment 23055View attachment 23056View attachment 23057View attachment 23058

I was pretty shocked the first time I saw a friends dog swing a blanket around, wrapping herself up in a cocoon, then going to sleep all wrapped up. My dogs slept in beds made of fresh cedar shavings, sometimes burrowing in a little. They smelled great, lol.

Last edited:

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
I've never had one, but I've been fascinated by the Russian Ovcharkas since I heard about them. They are used to protect sheep in Russia. When they are puppies, the breeder pushes on their noses, and if they don't push back, they are neutered (to breed out passiveness). They don't make great companions because at best they consider the human to be their equal. They are bred for 1-2 Ovcharkas to kill a pack of wolves.

a2ouzDs.jpg

Caucasian-Ovcharka-Photos.jpg

NWS_2014-07-30_NEW_002_32451258_I1.JPG

Last edited:

Royce2

y'all need jesus
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Dec 16, 2018
Washington State
Wow I love her! Such a sweet girl! I can totally imagine her having a blast and going under the covers with my son to hear a bed time story!

Royce2

y'all need jesus
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Dec 16, 2018
Washington State
@loop101
Yea those dogs are so powerful, cool story is when we were living in Ukraine my uncle had a bloodhound and an ovchaka. They were partners to death. My uncle lived in the woods with a couple of sheep and cows as that is the only means of survival there. Almost every night he would hear the two dogs fight off the entire pack of hungry wolfs off of the farm animals. In the morning he would check on the dogs and they would just be totally normal as if nothing happened.

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
Wow I love her! Such a sweet girl! I can totally imagine her having a blast and going under the covers with my son to hear a bed time story!
Haha thanks. That’s actually totally something she would do too :)

I was pretty shocked the first time I saw a friends dog swing a blanket around, wrapping herself up in a cocoon, then going sleep all wrapped up. My dogs slept in beds made of fresh cedar shavings, sometimes burrowing in a little. They smelled great, lol.
Fresh cedar shavings? Haven’t seen that before lol. Sounds interesting.

McFirewavesJr

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
263%
Sep 27, 2015
Las Vegas, NV
Just got home to my 2 pups and wouldn't trade them for anything!

The small one is 8.5 weeks old and the big one is 8.5 years old! I see dobes are popular around here!
20181231_225216-01.jpeg 19396812_1549795525038759_4141040542705763182_n.jpg

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.