The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I am a French inventor with a patented product. Follow me giving everything to start my business before the end of 2020.

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

G2TS-Man

Inventor / Entrepreneur
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Sep 13, 2016
Somewhere in FRANCE
Hello dear Fastlaners,

I am back here since 2016 last time. Quick presentation, I am Julien, from France, 28yr old and I work as a sales-manager in a warranty (cars) company.

I readed TMF and UNSCRIPTED (and a lot of others Books not just about business, because I have passion for books and librarys.) In past 8 years, I had many failed in differrents business attempt (many by my fault) and in dropshipping shops, by example... Yes, I was a fool :)

But this thread is only to speak about my priority challenge at this time: I had an idea in september 2019 and since, I work really hard to launch it to the market and start my fastlane business (it's according to CENTS process I am pretty sure...)

I will not describe in details my invention (I will do that later) but it's about pet market (more precisely a special harness for dogs only with news caracteristics, more practical, more logical, more freely for the dog and the owner and finally with an atypical design)

This idea came in my brain when I was walking with my dog and being disappointed and frustrated about the use of my classical combo leash + harness... I suddenly imagined in few minutes a new function I need, but I hadn't any idea on how to do that (technical, design etc...) I juste knew that I would need a different mean of use for became more free when I was walking or running with my dog. It was pretty logical that I was sure that someone in the world already had the same idea and this product already existed...

So I don't took it to seriously but I began to build it only for my personnal use, with different parts I found and adjust and adapt it... But, in my free time, I was searching for the same product on internet, amazon etc and I was surprised.... Whoao, it's doesn't exist ?? But Why ? There is a trap ? Maybe someone had try to launch it and failed ??? Then, I remember one of the commandment : ENTRY.... If it's to simple, everyone will do it. So I push far away my research and tooked a look about patent office (USA, EUROPE and FRANCE)

I found 4 historic patent in USA but not about the same functions and same design, only on this 4 patent, there is only one who is use in a company and sell is own manufacturing products (in US). But in France ? There is NO PATENT, and NO COMPANY, and NO PRODUCT about it...

So I decided to put my blood, toil, tears and sweat (thanks Winston, one of my mentor) in this project and I dived completely in it:

- In November 2019, I receive my 1st prototype that I had order in a China factory, after weeks of research and development...

- In December 2019, I fullfill a Patent about my invention and precise my technical function who's already news (beyond of the 4 US patent).

- In January 2020, I build myself a 2nd prototype (the 1st wasn't satisfied, because with Chinese factory we don't have the same philosophy about quality....)

- In February 2020, I put online a presentation website about my concept for send the link to a choice of pet accessories shop markets, stores, and manufacturers of dog harness.

- In March 2020, I had my first appointment for a complete presentation with 2 CEO's of a dog harness brand. It was like a big challenge for me and I knew that it will be an ultimate test, which let's go advantages but almost yes, defaults of my invention.

To be quick, they are interested with it and say that we can do a partenership (they sells their products in 150 retails stores through Europe and Online), but they clearly tell me that my product need to be more elaborate to be marketed. In fact, my product (prototype n°2) was aesthetic but:

- Too heavy
- Too large
- Not solid/resistant enough (for dogs over 20 kg...)

And I knew they are true. But I thank them for their objective reproach.

I pass you the details, all the small steps and the general process, the reflection and the questioning which are permanent between each "big steps" when you're newbie in invention and product bulding / manufacturing...

Now, where we are ? I truely believe in my product, there is 7 millions dogs only in France, 75 millions in Europe and, 500 millions in the world, and we can tell that every dog's owner need a leash in their lifetime, and my product can be an alternative to a leash... If I be succesful to my attempt of doig it more ligther, less bigger and more strong, associated with a cool design, I can sell somes thousand and more at least.... :)

So, I restart from 0 the conception of my product and I order to an engineering company all news plans, 3ds, list of differents materials that I can use and a 3rd prototype in 3d impression this time, to try to test it quickly and save little money in the conception phase...

When I will find the good combination and my product will be ready to be manufactured, I will need to pay the plastic mold injection (approximatively 25 000 €) so I will push harder to find how to finance it, and I will start to sell it myself online but the point is to find some distributeurs in physique shop in my country to accelerate the deployment...

I do not have a precise plan, but I have a global vision and I am ready to work really hard for it. Brick by brick, I will build a bridge to achieve my goals and be proud of seeing my invention gives values for many dogs owners.

I will give you news here. Many thanks for reading me. Sorry for my language I am trying to do my best to write in english... Don't hesitate to tell me if I'm not clear and ask me questions.

Julien.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Arnaud.

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Dec 8, 2019
Salut !

Félicitations et bon courage dans tes aventures ! Tiens nous au courant, j'en connais un qui en aurais besoin haha

Arnaud

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
It seems you approaching it reasonably so its worth admiring. Best wishes in doing that!

Did you consider going to Shark Tank?
I know you are in France but it might be pulled off when you'd have ready product.

G2TS-Man

Inventor / Entrepreneur
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Sep 13, 2016
Somewhere in FRANCE
It seems you approaching it reasonably so its worth admiring. Best wishes in doing that!

Did you consider going to Shark Tank?
I know you are in France but it might be pulled off when you'd have ready product.

Thanks for your courage-wishes.
Oh, maybe it's not a bad idea, and when I will have my first sales in France/Europe, this is the first thing I will do to import my product in USA. Thanks for this advice !

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
You should look into preselling this, a bit of a blackhat trick, if you setup a landing page and track how many people click the ''buy now'' button and it forwards them to SORRY SOLD OUT page, you could go forward more confidently & even secure some cash with pre-orders to fund a production run.

I don't think it would be a good idea right now to self fund $25k, get market approval first before spending big bucks.

Do you have potential customers to sell to?

Goodluck! I hope you succeed, enjoy the journey :cool:

G2TS-Man

Inventor / Entrepreneur
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Sep 13, 2016
Somewhere in FRANCE
You should look into preselling this, a bit of a blackhat trick, if you setup a landing page and track how many people click the ''buy now'' button and it forwards them to SORRY SOLD OUT page, you could go forward more confidently & even secure some cash with pre-orders to fund a production run.

I don't think it would be a good idea right now to self fund $25k, get market approval first before spending big bucks.

Do you have potential customers to sell to?

Goodluck! I hope you succeed, enjoy the journey :cool:

Dear SpareChange, Thanks for your advices. Yes, it will be a mean of launching and finance it and I thougth about crowfunding campain. I have some interested customers but I am waiting my 3rd version of prototype which will be more finish to show it to the crowd and publicize more massively my invention. The COVID 19 tempt to slow down this but I keep moving forward everyday.

Yes, I will enjoy the journey and take pleasure during the process because it's the most important. PROCESS and VALUES.

Thanks AGAIN :D

QPE

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Feb 25, 2019
Hi Julien,

Nice to hear from a French guy here (well 2 with Arnaud !)

I see your project is going well, that's cool!

The market validation ideas launched by previous speakers are good (especially the landing page).

Keep going. You're on the right track.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.