The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Forum Shows Its Value AGAIN

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Over the last DECADE… I have had instances of game changing gold that have occurred due to the forum.

The first person I ever met from the forum was @Runum I credit him with pushing me out of my comfort zone at the time and meeting with him and his wife for dinner. I kid you not, at the time, I was hesitant to go to dinner with someone I met on the internet. At this dinner, he encouraged me to step further out of my comfort zone and attend the annual “summit” at the time called Beer and Pancakes.

Back then, it wasn’t fancy, or official, like it is today. We stayed at a Days Inn in Scottsdale. At the time there was a requirement for everyone to present something of value. We spent the days with presentations and the evenings smoking cigars by the pool. (much like the new summits)

I was still a baby entrepreneur and couldn’t hold a candle to some of the other attendees, so I put together a presentation on the value of golf for networking and general golf etiquette. I attended as a forum nobody. I did bring like 50 cigars to hand out though.. MJ was even there briefly and I shook his hand, but, once again I was a nobody and there’s no way he remembered me.

I took three big things away from that experience…

1. A thirst for more and an understanding of that possiblilty.

2. Some tools I hadn’t been using that would help me.

3. I met Dave, @Vigilante and he encouraged me to start another business.

Over the following months, Dave literally mentored me on the creation of that business and within a few weeks after launch it was already making more money than my energy brokerage company I had at the time. That company, didn’t go crazy, but did end up making more than a half a million dollars for me. Then, Dave even bought the company. That company helped me get through the infancy stage of entrepreneurship in utter comfort. To date it was one of coolest parts of my story that is still unfolding.

That isn’t the only accolade I can give to this forum, but it is a perfect example of the power here. We are a product of our experiences. When we experience something, it becomes wisdom. Wisdom that we wouldn’t otherwise have gotten. Exposure to people viewing the business world in a different way than you are is incredibly valuable.

I also met @GPM along the way. We have worked together on various projects and he is now like my Canadian brother. He has been here a few times and I have been there. When he was moving, I literally flew up to Canada to “help,” but mostly chill.

Even the radio show was something @Vigilante pushed me to do. I was NOT someone that would have historically done anything like this. The first of my audience came from the forum.

@MJ DeMarco has claimed the forum is a little like Match.com, where basically once someone experiences success, they often leave. To me, the people that do leave are doing so at their own expense. They are leaving these potential game changing tidbits on the table.

Sure I spend a lot of time just screwing around and enjoying the camaraderie here. But, every once in a while, a nugget of wisdom get’s dispensed because of this amazing network. Every once in a while, a friendship is built that could last a lifetime.

Over the last couple of months, I have built a friendship with @thechosen1 who works for his family company, also in a heavy industry, a company markedly bigger than mine. We have mostly just shot the shit, but when it came down to business, he sees his business world in a different way than I do. There’s huge value any time that happens. I may have helped him with a few things, I don’t know, but he tremendously helped me.

Basically, he recommended one software, something of a procurement network for our industries. He said it should be a big deal for us. Believe it or not, I blew it off for weeks… I figured it was some bullshit for enterprise companies with more employees than dynamism… But here I was, today, and something clicked in. I finally decided “I should really give that a shot.” I didn’t even know what it was, but started doing some research…

HOLY CRAP!! Where has this been all my life??? I believe it will be responsible for millions of dollars in sales for my company. The opportunity is insane and the foundation of these friendships, opportunities, and wisdom that was eventually exchanged, was this forum.

NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF THIS PLACE.

I think we should all share our stories, to the extent you are willing, about how this place has affected your business journey. If anything, to preserve this vibrant community and make people think twice about pulling a match.com. You get out what you put in in business, life and the forum.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:
G

Guest-5ty5s4

Over the last DECADE… I have had instances of game changing gold that have occurred due to the forum.

The first person I ever met from the forum was @Runum I credit him with pushing me out of my comfort zone at the time and meeting with him and his wife for dinner. I kid you not, at the time, I was hesitant to go to dinner with someone I met on the internet. At this dinner, he encouraged me to step further out of my comfort zone and attend the annual “summit” at the time called Beer and Pancakes.

Back then, it wasn’t fancy, or official, like it is today. We stayed at a Days Inn in Scottsdale. At the time there was a requirement for everyone to present something of value. We spent the days with presentations and the evenings smoking cigars by the pool. (much like the new summits)

I was still a baby entrepreneur and couldn’t hold a candle to some of the other attendees, so I put together a presentation on the value of golf for networking and general golf etiquette. I attended as a forum nobody. I did bring like 50 cigars to hand out though.. MJ was even there briefly and I shook his hand, but, once again I was a nobody and there’s no way he remembered me.

Over the following months, Dave literally mentored me on the creation of that business and within a few weeks after launch it was already making more money than my energy brokerage company I had at the time. That company, didn’t go crazy, but did end up making more than a half a million dollars for me. Then, Dave even bought the company. That company helped me get through the infancy stage of entrepreneurship in utter comfort. To date it was one of coolest parts of my story that is still unfolding.

That isn’t the only accolade I can give to this forum, but it is a perfect example of the power here. We are a product of our experiences. When we experience something, it becomes wisdom. Wisdom that we wouldn’t otherwise have gotten. Exposure to people viewing the business world in a different way than you are is incredibly valuable.

I also met @GPM along the way. We have worked together on various projects and he is now like my Canadian brother. He has been here a few times and I have been there. When he was moving, I literally flew up to Canada to “help,” but mostly chill.

@MJ DeMarco has claimed the forum is a little like Match.com, where basically once someone experiences success, often they leave. To me, the people that do leave are doing so at their own expense. They are leaving these potential game changing tidbits on the table.

Sure I spend a lot of time just screwing around and enjoying the camaraderie here. But, every once in a while, a nugget of wisdom get’s dispensed because of this amazing network. Every once in a while, a friendship is built that could last a lifetime.

Over the last couple of months, I have built a friendship with @thechosen1 who works for his family company, also in a heavy industry, a company markedly bigger than mine. We have mostly just shot the shit, but when it came down to business, he sees his business world in a different way than I do. There’s huge value any time that happens. I may have helped him with a few things, I don’t know, but he tremendously helped me.

Basically he recommended one software, something of a procurement network for our industries. He said it should be a big deal for us. Believe it or not, I blew it off for weeks… I figured it was some bullshit for enterprise companies with more employees than dynamism… But here I was, today, and something clicked in. I finally decided “I should really give that a shot.” I didn’t even know what it was, but started doing some research…

HOLY CRAP!! Where has this been all my life??? I believe it will be responsible for millions of dollars in sales for my company. The opportunity is insane and the foundation of these friendships, opportunities, and wisdom that was eventually exchanged, was this forum.

It's amazing the level of people you find on this forum!! I've learned so much from the forum and from our chats.

Keep landing those big deals my man!!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Thank you for the write up, much appreciated to the value and "edge" you bring here.

Your next task is to get Dave back here and out of his hiatus... last I heard he was working hot-n-heavy on something new...

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas

Even the radio show was something @Vigilante pushed me to do. I was NOT someone that would have historically done anything like this. The first of my audience came from the forum.

@MJ DeMarco has claimed the forum is a little like Match.com, where basically once someone experiences success, they often leave. To me, the people that do leave are doing so at their own expense. They are leaving these potential game changing tidbits on the table.

Basically, he recommended one software, something of a procurement network for our industries. He said it should be a big deal for us. Believe it or not, I blew it off for weeks… I figured it was some bullshit for enterprise companies with more employees than dynamism… But here I was, today, and something clicked in. I finally decided “I should really give that a shot.” I didn’t even know what it was, but started doing some research…

I think we should all share our stories, to the extent you are willing, about how this place has affected your business journey. If anything, to preserve this vibrant community and make people think twice about pulling a match.com. You get out what you put in in business, life and the forum.
I remember that sit down. It was good to meet you and still is good to know you. That meeting was after my wife and I worked maniac hours for the previous 2 months to keep our real estate biz afloat. 55% vacancy and 3 major rehabs at the same time was a killer. When we met you we were still running on adrenalin from that. Today, my renters are paying for our one year plus tour of the US. It's good to get paid while not working. Keep on rocking in the free world Kak.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
I’m new here. But one day hope to get to know good people in person too. I’m sure it’ll lead to a lot of great things. For now I’m grateful to

@MTF who helped me with my own writing, including Hemingway app and Jarvis. Saved me time and got me better.
@AceVentures who helped with understanding Crypro, blockchain etc. That will come in handy in my business later, I’m sure of it.
@Kak as someone who with his intensity expanded my thinking and taught me not to judge here too soon… ;)

@SteveO - lots of wisdom on when not to argue lol. And generally like his posts. Wise man.

@thechosen1 - good dude to prompt thinking. Sometimes very entertaining too.

I’m sure I forgot someone … it goes without saying that @MJ DeMarco had an impact :). Mostly through his books.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

woken

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Mar 24, 2021
London, UK
wow!

Reading through OP’s post and other posts, I’m speechless! It made me think about my situation.

I’ve got one friend since elementary school. That’s it. And we don’t really talk often.
I don’t even network. I’m not meeting new people( even online).
Even though I reply to posts here on the forum, I’m don’t feel like I’m providing any value, just expressing my opinions on different subjects.

Also, I’m not really asking specific people something directly on this forum, since I feel like I have nothing to offer in return. When I make a thread, it’s an open invitation to everyone.

How does one even start?

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Probably the best thing I did upon joining the forum was message a Thank-You note to whoever followed me or sent me “rep”. Many of those message conversations ended up going to Skype (now Zoom).

Eventually I figured out how to record them and drop some back into the forum. The latest recording with a forum member is here, and we discuss some of the above:

Business is simple: Make friends, build relationships, create win-wins.

If you’re not doing that in this forum then you’re doing it wrong.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

bracknelson

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Oct 28, 2020
wow!

Reading through OP’s post and other posts, I’m speechless! It made me think about my situation.

I’ve got one friend since elementary school. That’s it. And we don’t really talk often.
Even though I reply to posts here on the forum, I’m don’t feel like I’m providing any value, just expressing my opinions on different subjects.

Also, I’m not really asking specific people something directly on this forum, since I feel like I have nothing to offer in return. When I make a thread, it’s an open invitation to everyone.

How does one even start?
Great value & expressing share by you. Thank you for sharing.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
wow!

How does one even start?
You could start by putting your location on your profile. When I travel I will sometimes reach out to the locals in the area where I travel to see if they want to meet up. That's how KAK and I met. We had spoken briefly online several times. KAK took a chance and a drive out of his way to meet a stranger in a restaurant. The next step was a fastlane meetup where he spent the weekend with more fastlaners. It all starts with one conversation and, as KAK said, be willing to step out of your comfort zone. Good luck.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.