The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The first job - Today I will search for my first job... advices?, ideas?, experiences?

Anything related to matters of the mind

mirumiru

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
277%
Aug 22, 2022
Chile
Hello to everyone. In this new post I want to make an actualization about how things are going for me, and also, start a small discussion about "the first job".

First of all, my goal is the Fastlane, right? So, searching a job may sound a little bit strange... but, naturally, it is not.
The reason why I am searching a job now can be summarized in the simple need that I need money.
I need money to support my family (going through hard things), for my projects and for myself.
I need some level of independence that I do not have currently.

I have been living since I am 18 years old (currently 20), depending on my brother's work.
Which is for me... miserable (the fact of me doing that).
But because I had depression, I never obtained a decent job.
Today, all that is going to change... I am going to search for my almost very first job.
Still my skills are low to search for a specialized job... I am learning JavaScript and NodeJS (mainly for my own project, not with the plan of getting a job).

My plan:
- Find an online job.
- If I do not find an online job then work here in my small hometown.

The goal is to find something online... it is easier for me in that way.
I have tried with sites like Freelancer, Fiverr... but the competition is so high that I never obtained anything.
So maybe something local even if the payment is low...

My innocent expectations:
- Find a relatively easy job which requires to do some simple task.
Maybe read some documents and do something with them... maybe Excel... I do not know, but these tasks are easy for me. I have talent for them.
- To have a decent payment, at least higher than the minimum wage... (around $400 in my country at least PER month).

I will today start to search for something. Hopefully, I can find something and I expect it to be... at least... decent.
Wish me luck please!

I would like to hear some advice about it to everyone who is searching for their very first job.
Also to know some about recommendations in getting a job online.
Also I would like to know some of your experiences. I imagine that for many people (mostly all of the forum - even MJ DeMarco), this was a necessary experience to obtain some money to survive, naturally.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Robdavis

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom
You could try following the instructions in this thread. This is Lex's thread on how to start copywriting on Upwork:

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
554%
Apr 17, 2022
My plan:
- Find an online job.
Going online is definitely the way to go in this particular case.
Depending on how you do things, you can start earning 2-5 x more money than working locally. Freelancing is also an option, but you will have to find a way to rise above the competition.

Best of luck!

mirumiru

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
277%
Aug 22, 2022
Chile
You could try following the instructions in this thread. This is Lex's thread on how to start copywriting on Upwork:
Thank you so much I will read it and follow it!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

mirumiru

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
277%
Aug 22, 2022
Chile
Going online is definitely the way to go in this particular case.
Depending on how you do things, you can start earning 2-5 x more money than working locally. Freelancing is also an option, but you will have to find a way to rise above the competition.

Best of luck!
I also think that
I would prefer an online job to be able to focus more on my things. I will follow the guide above too :) and thanks!

Practic

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Nov 29, 2022
Hello to everyone. In this new post I want to make an actualization about how things are going for me, and also, start a small discussion about "the first job".

First of all, my goal is the Fastlane, right? So, searching a job may sound a little bit strange... but, naturally, it is not.
The reason why I am searching a job now can be summarized in the simple need that I need money.
I need money to support my family (going through hard things), for my projects and for myself.
I need some level of independence that I do not have currently.

I have been living since I am 18 years old (currently 20), depending on my brother's work.
Which is for me... miserable (the fact of me doing that).
But because I had depression, I never obtained a decent job.
Today, all that is going to change... I am going to search for my almost very first job.
Still my skills are low to search for a specialized job... I am learning JavaScript and NodeJS (mainly for my own project, not with the plan of getting a job).

My plan:
- Find an online job.

The goal is to find something online... it is easier for me in that way.
I have tried with sites like Freelancer, Fiverr... but the competition is so high that I never obtained anything.
So maybe something local even if the payment is low...

My innocent expectations:
- Find a relatively easy job which requires to do some simple task.
Maybe read some documents and do something with them... maybe Excel... I do not know, but these tasks are easy for me. I have talent for them.
- To have a decent payment, at least higher than the minimum wage... (around $400 in my country at least PER month).

I will today start to search for something. Hopefully, I can find something and I expect it to be... at least... decent.
Wish me luck please!

I would like to hear some advice about it to everyone who is searching for their very first job.
Also to know some about recommendations in getting a job online.
Also I would like to know some of your experiences. I imagine that for many people (mostly all of the forum - even MJ DeMarco), this was a necessary experience to obtain some money to survive, naturally.

Recent hacks of LastPass forced many users to look for passwords not stored in any place such as generated on demand passwords, dynamical passwords, stateless passwords, etc.
These passwords are not stored in any place, therefore they can not be hacked, stolen, damaged, confiscated, broken, etc.

LostPass: after the LastPass hack, here’s what you need to know

LastPass users: Your info and password vault data are now in hackers’ hands

This situation creates a unique business opportunity to solve the painful to many users problem.

With your writing skills you can write user guides, how to guides, etc. Teach users how to use free tools to create unhackable passwords.

This field is not crowded, there is no big competition as well. Security is very important to many businesses, so there are many opportunities on internet.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.