The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Fired From my First Job & my Fastlane Journey

Share your FTE moment...

Stoicism42

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Dec 20, 2023
My FTE: I graduated from college last year & got a job in a big financial firm (I thought I had made it). I found the work incredibly boring & was not putting in too much effort, so one month into the job my manager told me I needed to try harder or I would get fired. I freaked out & started pushing myself really hard (eg, going in early & leaving late, and doing my best on tasks). My manager then said I was doing well & would not get fired. However, 3 months into the job I was laid off & my manager said it was because "the role was actually meant for someone with 5-10 years of experience, and we made a mistake by hiring you entry-level." I realized how bullshit corporate life is. I had worked extra hard & still got kicked out anyway.

I found The Millionaire Fastlane book right after & it opened my eyes to the Fastlane. However, it's been exactly 2 months since my last day at work & I've been action-faking. This thread will be for me to keep myself accountable as I try to start a Fastlane business.

Right now I have 2 potential paths forward. 1) I'm applying for jobs at startups so I can learn first-hand about entrepreneurship through experience (while also getting paid). 2) On the side, I'm going to start a SMMA to get some basic experience with that (& hopefully earn some money in the process). Or even pivot when I have other business ideas.
I'll have more concrete steps in my next weekly update.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Logesh

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jun 5, 2023
My FTE: I graduated from college last year & got a job in a big financial firm (I thought I had made it). I found the work incredibly boring & was not putting in too much effort, so one month into the job my manager told me I needed to try harder or I would get fired. I freaked out & started pushing myself really hard (eg, going in early & leaving late, and doing my best on tasks). My manager then said I was doing well & would not get fired. However, 3 months into the job I was laid off & my manager said it was because "the role was actually meant for someone with 5-10 years of experience, and we made a mistake by hiring you entry-level." I realized how bullshit corporate life is. I had worked extra hard & still got kicked out anyway.

I found The Millionaire Fastlane book right after & it opened my eyes to the Fastlane. However, it's been exactly 2 months since my last day at work & I've been action-faking. This thread will be for me to keep myself accountable as I try to start a Fastlane business.

Right now I have 2 potential paths forward. 1) I'm applying for jobs at startups so I can learn first-hand about entrepreneurship through experience (while also getting paid). 2) On the side, I'm going to start a SMMA to get some basic experience with that (& hopefully earn some money in the process). Or even pivot when I have other business ideas.
I'll have more concrete steps in my next weekly update
Great brother. I am also 3 months away from my graduation. Looking forward for your journey.

Stoicism42

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Dec 20, 2023
Week 2 Review:
- I completed a course on digital marketing to get the basics.
I was distracted by social media & youtube so I did not make as much progress as I should have. I started using the Freedom app to block all time-wasting sites & apps, & that's helped.

Goals for next week:
-choose a niche
-make a landing page, social media accounts, etc (quickly)
-start outreach through marketing & maybe ads. Get at least 1 sales call.

Stoicism42

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Dec 20, 2023
Week 3 Review:
-I realized that I was only interested in a digital marketing agency because of the hype around it. I've let go of that & now I'm focusing on coming up with a business idea.

Goals for next week:
-brainstorm ideas & try to test at least 1 of them.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.