The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Bitcoin: A New World Currency?

Mineralogic

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Jul 28, 2014
Not so sure about that... I bet if asked 100 people on the street what Bitcoin was, 90% of them would have no idea.

Make for a good test though. In your daily routine, start asking people.

yep, I don't mean just bitcoin. I mean anything that is about empowerment, taking control back more to the people, etc

We already know politically tons of the US is fed up with things:). Just look at what that sellout paul ryan did.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

When the United States invaded Iraq, they had a radio announcer we affectionately nicknamed "Bagdad Bob." As the coalition was winning battle after battle over city after city, Bagdad Bob was on the air telling the people of the exact opposite story. Until Saddam Hussein himself was captured, The Iraqi citizens were of the impression they were winning the war.

mrarcher

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jan 26, 2016
Scotland
To be honest I think bitcoin was the greatest pump and dump to have happened. Its still surviving but probably wont see $1000 for a while.

IGP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Aug 24, 2015
Closing in on 600... The rest of this year will be interesting if it can hold this baseline.

IGP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Aug 24, 2015

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
That's certainly possible. Of course

It certainly could, no one is doubting that...

But you also said "sell it while you can" in January when it was in the 300's...

;)

That was written when it was at $377, for people that had bought in October in the $250 range. The previous week it had collapsed in a freefall from mid $440's to mid $360's when one of the BitCoin founders exposed the scam. Now it's June and you're excited that it is $600? Down from $1200? Sell. Sell while you can.

It is currently sitting somewhere around a $7b market capitalization.

1. Nobody knows who the "market makers are" but what we do know is

2. They're unregulated and decentralized, untraceable and fraudulent and

3. You're not an INSIDERS

I am all for an alternative currency, and establishment of a currency to replace the gold standard. However, that is NOT going to be a currency of monopoly money that was created by anonymous scammers to fleece unsuspecting lemmings for their own gain. THAT is too much like the U.S. dollar. A real platform will have transparency, security, and checks and balances to eliminate the swings, scams, and volatility.

A virtual altcoin worldwide cryptocurrency will emerge outside of the traditional banking industry when the bitcoin goes to zero. BitCoin was built for exactly what it is doing right now, which is making it's INSIDERS exorbitantly wealthy at the hands of the casual enthusiasts. When the music stops, I don't want to be the one holding the monopoly money.

Mineralogic

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Jul 28, 2014
Pumping and dumping again. It will plummet by EOM June.

I'd get out of it up here looks overvalued by 200 bucks with the price already front run for those looking to sell into any change of protocol etc. I was bullish but not up here right now

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I'd get out of it up here looks overvalued by 200 bucks with the price already front run for those looking to sell into any change of protocol etc. I was bullish but not up here right now

Might be interesting to day trade it to try and catch the swings.

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
Bitcoin is one of the last purely speculative investments on earth. Pegged to no real commodity, with no army or government possessing real lands and resources and minds to back its value, a technology that fewer than half its investors understand, judging its worth from day to day is pure gambling.

Actually it's worse than that. If Caesar's Palace tried to pull what Mt. Gox got away with they'd have been sued out of existence and their owners dragged away in chains.

When I first joined, right before the height of the boom (went from like $550-1200 that winter), people were telling me that they'd put money they could have invested in a business into that, and be laughing at me on their private islands in eight months.

Now the people who gutted Gox over the years are sitting somewhere in the Caymans, completely anonymous and safe from prosecution by any government, on a pile of cash from those FLF member's piggy banks.

The time to buy bitcoin was when its worth was gauged in pennies or dollars, not hundreds of dollars. Today, you have far more risk, and the early adopters have picked clean the bones of any reward you'd have gotten to taste.

IGP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Aug 24, 2015
That was written when it was at $377, for people that had bought in October in the $250 range. The previous week it had collapsed in a freefall from mid $440's to mid $360's when one of the BitCoin founders exposed the scam. Now it's June and you're excited that it is $600? Down from $1200? Sell. Sell while you can.

No need to take offense...
I was merely pointing out that you said to sell at $377 and now it's $580. I stated at the time I thought it would go over $500 before it went to 0...

So, am I excited it's at $600? Sure... I'm sure everyone who didn't sell at $377 would be happy.

Everyone has an opinion on it... I've stated mine previously (it very well may go to $0), so there is no need to hash it out again.

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
Quick post as I don't have much time to argue at the moment. It's open source so there really can't be "INSIDERS" only people who got in early. Sure there are code writers that update the clients but a money grab would lead to a collapse on that chain and a value flow to a chain (client) that wasn't screwed with. Open source..Agreed upon by the community

As far as market makers go - They're everywhere. That's the great thing about it. I pull up local bitcoins and look for someone in Thailand and I have money in my Thai bank in minutes. If I want to send from my BoA account it's costly and slow.

Then there are the well funded market makers that some of the most influential people in the world invest in. Richest guy in Asia..investor. Creator of the web browser..investor. Founder of paypal and first investor in facebook..investor.

Anyway - I have a couple more drinks to knock down then I need to pack my bags for Shenzhen | U.S trip. If you changed your mind and decided to fly to HK let me as as I'll buy you a whiskey and we can either talk business or I can waste my time trying to tell you how a single, open source, distributed ledger is better than multiple private ledgers controlled by various banks haha.

- Jake

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Sure there are code writers that update the clients but a money grab would lead to a collapse on that chain and a value flow to a chain (client) that wasn't screwed with.

In other words, "we interject synergistic flows within native clients who use optimized SSL form factors to render simplistic user integrations with a variety of datasets streamed through the HTTP packet."

And I'm suppose to trust my cash in that gobbleygook and call it a currency? RIGGHHHHHHHHHHHHT.

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
In other words, "we interject synergistic flows within native clients who use optimized SSL form factors to render simplistic user integrations with a variety of datasets streamed through the HTTP packet."

And I'm suppose to invest my cash in that gobbleygook and call it a currency? RIGGHHHHHHHHHHHHT.
haha I never said you were supposed to nor do I understand what you said....if you said HTTPS you may have peaked my interest!.

Just because I chime in on bitcoin threads doesn't mean I'm trying to rally money into it. I find bitcoin fascinating and "disruptive" and I've followed it since it was crawling.

I find open source more trustworthy than shadow banking..just my opinion.

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia

It is currently sitting somewhere around a $7b market capitalization.

2. They're unregulated and decentralized, untraceable and fraudulent and

3. You're not an INSIDERS

I am all for an alternative currency, and establishment of a currency to replace the gold standard. However, that is NOT going to be a currency of monopoly money that was created by anonymous scammers to fleece unsuspecting lemmings for their own gain. THAT is too much like the U.S. dollar. A real platform will have transparency, security, and checks and balances to eliminate the swings, scams, and volatility.

A virtual altcoin worldwide cryptocurrency will emerge outside of the traditional banking industry when the bitcoin goes to zero. BitCoin was built for exactly what it is doing right now, which is making it's INSIDERS exorbitantly wealthy at the hands of the casual enthusiasts. When the music stops, I don't want to be the one holding the monopoly money.
@Vigilante

Di you have any more investment recommendations bow that bitcoin is over $700?

I am thinking to create a short-vigilante long-antivigilante portfolio.

Hehehe

Sent from my SM-G900FD using Tapatalk

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
@Vigilante

Di you have any more investment recommendations bow that bitcoin is over $700?

I am thinking to create a short-vigilante long-antivigilante portfolio.

Hehehe

I'd reply, but last time I replied to your post you cried.

I've been wrong about a lot of things. Sorry to disappoint you as seemingly you thought otherwise.

Last edited:

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
I'd reply, but last time I replied to your post you cried.

I've been wrong about a lot of things. Sorry to disappoint you as seemingly you thought otherwise.
Don't be so bitter. Jesus still loves you.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Don't be so bitter. Jesus still loves you.

Don't judge, lest ye be judged by the same measure.

Let he who is without error cast the first stone.

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
Don't judge, lest ye be judged by the same measure.

Let he who is without error cast the first stone.
Is that jesus speak for "I f*cked up, bitcoin is great"?

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Is that jesus speak for "I f*cked up, bitcoin is great"?

I ABSOLUTELY think you should buy it and buy it DEEP, Bob.

IGP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Aug 24, 2015
I sold a 3rd of my coins at $750 today for a sweet return...

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I sold a 3rd of my coins at $750 today for a sweet return...

$250 below peak, but smart to sell none the less

IGP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Aug 24, 2015
$250 below peak, but smart to sell none the less

At an avg cost price of $333/coin, I figured I would bank some profit... It will probably pull back to the $500 range at some point in the near future.

Also, a little uncertain how the "having of rewards" is going affect the price. Really it could go either way.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
At an avg cost price of $333/coin, I figured I would bank some profit... It will probably pull back to the $500 range at some point in the near future.

Also, a little uncertain how the "having of rewards" is going affect the price. Really it could go either way.

Safe prediction. If it goes up, you were right. If it goes down, you were right. That's really the only right answer though… Because the only one who knows the inside info is the market makers. Nobody other than them knows when the pump is going to turn into a dump. Unlike any other real stock or regulated investment market, there is zero research that can help you get an indicator of what might happen in this volatile market. It is completely blind Russian roulette. Might as well just go to Vegas and put it all on red. You were very smart to sell.

My new prediction is it might go up or it might go down. I still believe it will eventually be worth zero, but before then it might return to near or over its current short term, 52 week, or all time high.

Last edited:

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Bitcoin was 'Good as Gold' in the Brexit
 Breitbart News - 1d ago
Supporters have claimed that Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies are the ideal protection from the destructive policies of central banks and their “fiat” currencies.
http://goo.gl/xeJcFd

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
@vigilante
b9412dbbded8fe2cdcfe4626cfd19db9.jpg

Sent from my VTR-L29 using Tapatalk

AdamMaxum

a worthy successor indeed
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Apr 30, 2011
NY
I really want to get behind bitcoin or some type of cryptocurrency but it's just too complicated. When it becomes "easy" to transfer, buy and cashout via a cryptocurrency and the general public can actually figure out how to use it, that's when it will blow up (get huge). Until then, I won't purchase or use it. This is from someone who has never really gotten into bitcoin so I have no idea how any of it works for the most part

jlwilliams

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Dec 14, 2014
I love the concept of bitcoin but I haven't made the leap. Like a lot of you, I just don't understand it well enough. Right now, putting the time into really learning bitcoin would be a total distraction and pull me away from my immediate hustle.

In concept, a global currency outside of the control of The Man is powerful juju. There will be growing pains, but I see the rise of crypto currencies as one of the great trends of our time.

jpmartin

Jedi Master
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Sep 7, 2013
@vigilante
b9412dbbded8fe2cdcfe4626cfd19db9.jpg

Sent from my VTR-L29 using Tapatalk

There are problems with bitcoin or for that matter any cryptocurrency - I spent six months researching this, the issue is with the ability for it to go mainstream - it needs to be simple enough for the common man. Anyways, I advised on three cryptocurrencies in my report, those who bought it are sitting on some fat profits, with more to come.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.