The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The "Astonishing Secrets" Thread

~Phil

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Sep 3, 2014
Philly Suburbs
The ONE Thing That You Need

Does this sound like you? You spend months figuring out every detail about a niche that you can. You go to meetups to network with others, spend money on seminars hopefully to find more info on what to do, read more books, blogs, and podcasts on your project. 2 years pass and you have nothing to show for it. Perhaps you set up your website, an LLC, etc. but you haven’t taken any real action towards getting a customer.

You tell all of your friends that you're an entrepreneur. My man, stop lying to yourself. The truth will set you free...but it will seriously piss you off first.

You know deep down what the problem is. Somewhere deep in your subconscious, you feel that you don’t deserve to get rich. You say you want to become a millionaire…shoot, everybody does. But deep down you have doubts about yourself. Afraid to fail, afraid to fly.

Bro, I’ve started 8 businesses in the last 8 years. 7 out of the 8 failed for various reasons. Somewhere down the line, I realized something. Despite all of the failures, I wasn’t dead. My world didn’t come to a screeching halt and my friends didn’t say, “I told you so”. Actually a few of them did, so it was nice to be able to learn who to cut out from my life quickly. =P

I no longer fear failure in business because I’ve becoming quite skilled at failing. Failing doesn’t hurt so much anymore because I conditioned my brain to deal with it. Don't get me wrong, I still would rather succeed 100% of the time but that's not how business works. I don’t resist the possibility of failure like many do. Taking action daily is automatic. Zero f**ks given.

Failure is the foundation of success. It is the soil that the seed of success drops into.

So fail hard. Fall flat on your face. You need to fail fast so you can finally get to winning.

Dude, get that ONE customer. That ONE customer is all you need. Getting that first sale will clear the uncertainty, doubt, and fear. It will be confirmation that your plan just MIGHT work because someone saw enough value in your product/service to actually pay you money for it.

You know what’s emotionally, mentally, and physically draining? Thinking about doing something. It’s easier to think about taking action instead of doing it, but if you think for months or years about taking action then eventually you’ll become more tired from that than if you simply took action. Action brings clarity to the questions lingering in the back of our mind.

So don’t even focus on making the next big business. Just get that one customer first. The 1,000 other customers can come after that lol.

“If you can't fly then run, if you can't run then walk, if you can't walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.” –MLK

Take action daily. Get the ice cream.

^^^Very powerful. Can't thank you enough @IceCreamKid

Twista

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Oct 13, 2013
Alabama
Reading this thread for like the billionth time (jk it's the 3rd.) Every time I read this, I find something new. I'm overcoming the selfish, greedy attitude I used to have. I now see the good in people. That's were opportunities are at right? I'm not into helping people to get their money, I just want to see people happy. Recently for Christmas, I bought my aunt her favorite liquor. When she unwrapped her gift, the expression alone was worth way more than what I paid for the gift. I was smiling for her, grinning ear to ear. I didn't care for any gifts I received for Christmas. I just cared for what I give to people, just too see their reactions, their faces lit up, the joy in their voice.

Loving one another is also huge in Christianity. Love others as you would yourself. Boy do I wish a lot of people did that. Every time you feel yourself thinking negatively about someone, remind yourself of the good that they have or think of something else. I find this useful at work.

Ryan, sorry if I bothered you in the past PM'ing you too much.

I don't know why but I am feeling good right now! I feel happy, empowered. Maybe it's because of the holidays or the fact that loving others and loving yourself can make you feel this way. Happy New Year y'all!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

FeaRxUnLeAsHeD

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
203%
Nov 27, 2014
USA
I feel a little stuck on this idea that I will explain below.. This thread seems to hit every aspect but this one lingering question that I have..

How do you find the one problem that you want to pursue? I feel like if you took the time to listen to people's problems or make a list of problems that you want to solve selflessly, you could come up with a million things on the list.

For me, I feel like I have the million dollar mindset without having created my ice cream shop <yet>. I'm a young guy (21) just getting into entrepreneurship, I've had a few years of developing this mindset but I think i'm now ready to start creating many ice cream shops and tackling real world problems to make real world contributions.

What I get caught up on is "What do i do?" - I feel like you could pick any item from the list, but then i freeze at the thought of all the different possibilities and problems I could take on, and I can't make a decision as to what i will take on..

I've been working on one passion of mine (Fitness and personal training) however when i think big picture, fitness and personal training doesn't exactly fit into where i'll be 10 or 20 years from now. I'm passionate about it, but i can't see myself doing it forever. You see a lot of successful guys posting on this forum, but how do they decide "This is what im going to do" when there's a million other projects out there just waiting for you to tackle?

I guess im paralyzed at times by the endless possibilities

FeaRxUnLeAsHeD

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
203%
Nov 27, 2014
USA
For my current business - I pick a big problem. The problem that affects the largest amount of people.
Why that industry? Why that area of problems?

For me, I guess i'm more concerned with getting in the 'wrong' business that i'm not happy with or enjoying..

Like yeah, you can be making a contribution and helping out people, but if you aren't passionate about what you're doing why would you even bother doing it?

It would be like becoming some serial-entrepreneur and you decide to solve this huge pet-owner issue for dogs, some sort of new leash that has the benefit of X Y and Z... but you don't even *LIKE* dogs..

So why even the pet industry, if that's the case?

I just feel like there are a million problems to tackle, so how do you narrow yourself down to one project work on, which could potentially be the one project that you work on for the rest of your life..

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011

For me, I guess i'm more concerned with getting in the 'wrong' business that i'm not happy with or enjoying..

Like yeah, you can be making a contribution and helping out people, but if you aren't passionate about what you're doing why would you even bother doing it?

It would be like becoming some serial-entrepreneur and you decide to solve this huge pet-owner issue for dogs, some sort of new leash that has the benefit of X Y and Z... but you don't even *LIKE* dogs..

I just feel like there are a million problems to tackle, so how do you narrow yourself down to one project work on, which could potentially be the one project that you work on for the rest of your life..
Great question.... I actually have a product in the pet industry that does fairly well...and i'm not passionate about pets. For me, I had the passion for learning how to build something, and bringing it to market, etc. Wanting to learn business.

Your drive could be: Learn how to market a product, learn how to write sales copy, see the analytics data work for you ,etc.

Find your WHY.

Do you want to master facebook ads in 2 years?
Do you want to create a product that solves a problem you personally faced?

My new business is solving the $1 Trillion student loan debt problem. I graduated college with $30,000 in student loan debt and no application of skills during my education. I could pretty much get all the knowledge from my Master's degree from self study for free.

It's a big problem. A problem that has affected me. A problem I want to solve. and a problem I know can solve.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ

It's doesn't matter. If you are helping dog owners with a problem, does it matter that you don't like dogs?

FeaRxUnLeAsHeD

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
203%
Nov 27, 2014
USA
Great question.... I actually have a product in the pet industry that does fairly well...and i'm not passionate about pets. For me, I had the passion for learning how to build something, and bringing it to market, etc. Wanting to learn business.

Your drive could be: Learn how to market a product, learn how to write sales copy, see the analytics data work for you ,etc.

Find your WHY.

Do you want to master facebook ads in 2 years?
Do you want to create a product that solves a problem you personally faced?

My new business is solving the $1 Trillion student loan debt problem. I graduated college with $30,000 in student loan debt and no application of skills during my education. I could pretty much get all the knowledge from my Master's degree from self study for free.

It's a big problem. A problem that has affected me. A problem I want to solve. and a problem I know can solve.

I like that idea with learning the hands on business end of things. Interesting thought. It's funny, I go to business school, and it never is taught as an 'art' like youre describing it. Instead we're all geared towards going to work corporate as slaves-in-ties for the next 40 years.

Interesting you mention the college debt thing. I often wonder if I should get into education, as I've come to realize how f**ked the education system is. I worked my a$$ off the past year to transfer from a community college to my #1 school (for business as my major) and i've been nothing but disappointed at the fact that

1. 99% of the people there will go on to be enslaved to a business, which will probably be owned by someone else
2. people spend nearly all of their time caring more about the next party, the next girl, the next beer, the next DRAMA, than to actually make anything of themselves... welcome to college... (bunch of 18-21 year old dummies still trying to figure out the ropes to life as mommy and daddy pay for their education)
3. I've been able to learn more about myself and life through experiences that can exist without needing to pay an insurmountable amount of $$ for a 'degree' - a degree that will mean nothing because i dont even *WANT* to work for somebody else when i graduate. I've learned more about life and myself through volunteer service trips, running my own businesses, from mentors, and from reading books, than every college class combined.
4. All the 'professors' who try to share the ropes with you have not a fking clue how to live the life we talk about on this forum. They're all enslaved to their paycheck at the college (for the most part with the exception of a few adjunct professors who teach for the joy and dont need the money) and they don't know a damn thing because they arent entrepreneurs, they're scholars... big difference.

I often think about ways to get *REAL* education into the younger generation before it's too late, hitting them when theyre in high school. Maybe gearing them towards something different than college..

It's doesn't matter. If you are helping dog owners with a problem, does it matter that you don't like dogs?

when you only have 86,400 seconds in a day, why spend a single second working on something you don't care about?

What i mean is, there's a million problems you can pick to work towards and spend every second of every day solving. So why would you choose helping dog owners if you dont care about dogs? Why not electricity? Why not space? Why not pets, industrial, medical, health, fitness, wellness, etc etc.... the billion industries to choose from.

Why try to build an ice cream shop if youre allergic or don't like ice cream? Why not build an electronics store?

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
when you only have 86,400 seconds in a day, why spend a single second working on something you don't care about?

What i mean is, there's a million problems you can pick to work towards and spend every second of every day solving. So why would you choose helping dog owners if you dont care about dogs? Why not electricity? Why not space? Why not pets, industrial, medical, health, fitness, wellness, etc etc.... the billion industries to choose from.

Why try to build an ice cream shop if youre allergic or don't like ice cream? Why not build an electronics store?

Maybe because I'm getting a nice deal for an ice cream shop. Maybe because I don't know anything about electronics. Or maybe I just happen to be good at creating ice cream flavors.

I don't use any of the products that I sell. But I'm good at making and selling them. Customers like them. They are happy and I make money.

I love to mountain bike, and would love to be in that business. But, I don't know how to design bike frames. I don't want to own a bike shop, or online bike store. I can't think of or find any bike related products that fit my skill set. So that's why I'm not in the bike industry.

But my business affords me the time to do things that I like to do. I can escape for 2 months in the summer and mountain bike my butt off. This is much better than me being in the bike industry and not being able to get away because I don't make enough money. The things that you like to do may not be good choices for you to do business in.

Don't leave out options because you don't like some things, you could miss out.

IceCreamKid

With Great Power Comes Great Electricity Bill
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2,185%
Jun 8, 2010
California
I don't think you have to be ultra passionate about a niche in order to be successful in it, but I do think that you have to have at least SOME interest in it.

If I'm going to be married to a project for a few years then I'd go nuts if I despised the niche from the beginning.

How do you find the one problem that you want to pursue? I feel like if you took the time to listen to people's problems or make a list of problems that you want to solve selflessly, you could come up with a million things on the list.

First I check if the solution has broad appeal. This is important if you wish to scale. Then I launch. I swear it is that simple.

Here's the thing that a lot of people struggle with: you never truly know what things are gonna do, but you assume that you know. So you over-analyze, procrastinate, think about it for days/weeks/months. It's dangerous to do that. So just test it. Test enough times and eventually you'll hit a home run. You rarely see a little league kiddo hit a home run on the first try. There is no guarantee or promise or certainty. So just launch, test, and see. That's why I kept drilling it into your mind to take action daily.

Another problem is that everyone is looking for that revolutionary idea. You really don't need a revolutionary idea. Want to know what my biz is? I'm going to put it out there just so you see how simple this game really is...

The Astonishing Secret That IceCreamKid Never Told You: My primary biz right now is in the furniture niche. Nothing fancy. I just happened to put a new twist on an old biz model. While I do feel that the idea is important, I'm convinced that the marketing is the kingpin that wins the game. If you have an amazing product, it must be coupled with good marketing in order to drive traffic/sales. So become a student of marketing by studying the successful guys then take bits of their processes and use them on your own advertising. FB advertising, Instagram contests, Google AdWords, Pinterest campaigns, whatever just look at what the bestsellers are doing to raise awareness for their brand and use that as a blueprint to follow.

I really like that guy Biophase. After he made that soap thread, I realized that he is the guy who will launch and test an idea extremely fast. That's why he wins. He moves fast to test. As soon as he finds something that sticks, the name of the game is nail and scale.

IceCreamKid

With Great Power Comes Great Electricity Bill
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2,185%
Jun 8, 2010
California
Have a great 2015 everybody. Here's a poem that's nearly 100 years old....lots of wisdom underneath its words.

The Desiderata

Go placidly amid the noise and the haste,
and remember what peace there may be in silence.
As far as possible, without surrender,
be on good terms with all persons.
Speak your truth quietly and clearly, and listen to others,
even to the dull and ignorant;
they too have their story.

Avoid loud and aggressive persons;
they are vexatious to the spirit.
If you compare yourself with others,
you may become vain or bitter,
for always there will be
greater and lesser persons than yourself.

Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.
Keep interested in your own career
however humble;
it is a real possession in the
changing fortunes of time.

Exercise caution in your business affairs,
for the world is full of trickery.
But let this not blind you
to what virtue there is;
many persons strive for high ideals,
and everywhere life is full of heroism.

Be yourself.
Especially do not feign affection.
Neither be cynical about love,
for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment,
it is as perennial as the grass.

Take kindly the counsel of the years,
gracefully surrendering the things of youth.
Nurture strength of spirit
to shield you in sudden misfortune.
But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings.
Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.

Beyond a wholesome discipline,
be gentle with yourself.
You are a child of the universe
no less than the trees and the stars;
you have a right to be here.

And whether or not it is clear to you,
no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.
Therefore, be at peace with God,
whatever you conceive Him to be.
And whatever your labors and aspirations,
in the noisy confusion of life,
keep peace in your soul.
With all its sham,
drudgery, and broken dreams,
it is still a beautiful world.
Be cheerful.
Strive to be happy.

Vick

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
485%
Dec 27, 2012
Toronto
What I get caught up on is "What do i do?" - I feel like you could pick any item from the list, but then i freeze at the thought of all the different possibilities and problems I could take on, and I can't make a decision as to what i will take on..

I've been working on one passion of mine (Fitness and personal training) however when i think big picture, fitness and personal training doesn't exactly fit into where i'll be 10 or 20 years from now. I'm passionate about it, but i can't see myself doing it forever. You see a lot of successful guys posting on this forum, but how do they decide "This is what im going to do" when there's a million other projects out there just waiting for you to tackle?

sounds like you just dumped the box of puzzle pieces onto the table.

your job now is to pick a piece to start with.

just so you know.

your first piece doesn't really matter. the puzzle will complete with any piece.

whats important is that you learn from the first piece you choose.

you will fail on your first try.

still want to play?

tafy

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Aug 21, 2013
UK
Physical items like furniture goes nicely with instagram, you can have pics of the furniture ofcourse, but you also can have the furniture in different rooms (think ikea) and in real peoples homes.

johnp

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Aug 29, 2011
Philly

Also... It can be very hard to monetize some problems. There are literally million problems everywhere, but will people open up their wallet to pay you to solve their problem? Probably. But sometimes they won't. That is why I...

Put more of a focus on what people want. A restaurant owner wants to get more people in their restaurant so they can make an extra 10K per month to upgrade their kitchen, add more staff, or to simply stay in business. A pet owner may want to spoil their pet with new pet accessories. A used car parts store wants more customers, higher margins, and to compete with the big box stores. When you start thinking about what people want you can then begin spot opportunities to solve problems. Maybe that restaurant owner that I talked about has a problem of getting an extra 200 people per month into their restaurant so they can't make that additional $10k per month that they want to make. Figure out what people want, spot the problems, then you can monetize the problems.

So if I were you then I would be asking myself.......

What do people want?

~Phil

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Sep 3, 2014
Philly Suburbs

I think you're putting to much pressure on yourself by trying to find a problem/customer solution that will last for your long term business career. You will change as you grow older. Markets will also change. Trying thinking shorter term and look at your first endeavor as a stepping stone to further reaching problems/solutions.

FeaRxUnLeAsHeD

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
203%
Nov 27, 2014
USA
I think you're putting to much pressure on yourself by trying to find a problem/customer solution that will last for your long term business career. You will change as you grow older. Markets will also change. Trying thinking shorter term and look at your first endeavor as a stepping stone to further reaching problems/solutions.

Thanks all, I liked each individual post that I felt really answered my question and helped me think it through.

I 100% agree Phil. Less bullshit now, time to get going.

My first venture was Lawn Care. It wasn't really related to being a serial entrepreneur, it was more of my proving to myself that I could survive and make a living on my own without having to work for somebody else. For some reason my family and everyone around me made me believe for the first 18 years of my life that i'd have to be enslaved to a job working for somebody else forever, and that's my biggest fear (larger fear than dying) to date.

I've been working on another venture, but i'm tired of saying i'm 'working on it' - It's either going to work or it's not. No more 'working' - Time to set a deadline or SCRAP IT and move onto the next one!

My thread here:
https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/co...by-25-years-old-my-journey.56716/#post-418510

Anyhow, I don't want to take away from this thread and the momentum it's going at with my own personal story. Thanks all who answered my questions, was very helpful.

Carry on.

GODSPEED

Last edited by a moderator:

Prescious_Emz

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Jan 11, 2015
What’s up guys. Some of you may remember me from my thread in which I thanked zen******* for dropping wisdom bombs all over the world. If you haven’t checked that thread out, please take a look at it and get moving with learning copywriting so you can learn how to print your own money(legally).

Where can I read the said thread?

Mr.B

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Nov 8, 2014
Australia
Have a great 2015 everybody. Here's a poem that's nearly 100 years old....lots of wisdom underneath its words.

The Desiderata

Go placidly amid the noise and the haste,
and remember what peace there may be in silence.
As far as possible, without surrender,
be on good terms with all persons.
Speak your truth quietly and clearly, and listen to others,
even to the dull and ignorant;
they too have their story.

Avoid loud and aggressive persons;
they are vexatious to the spirit.
If you compare yourself with others,
you may become vain or bitter,
for always there will be
greater and lesser persons than yourself.

Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.
Keep interested in your own career
however humble;
it is a real possession in the
changing fortunes of time.

Exercise caution in your business affairs,
for the world is full of trickery.
But let this not blind you
to what virtue there is;
many persons strive for high ideals,
and everywhere life is full of heroism.

Be yourself.
Especially do not feign affection.
Neither be cynical about love,
for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment,
it is as perennial as the grass.

Take kindly the counsel of the years,
gracefully surrendering the things of youth.
Nurture strength of spirit
to shield you in sudden misfortune.
But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings.
Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.

Beyond a wholesome discipline,
be gentle with yourself.
You are a child of the universe
no less than the trees and the stars;
you have a right to be here.

And whether or not it is clear to you,
no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.
Therefore, be at peace with God,
whatever you conceive Him to be.
And whatever your labors and aspirations,
in the noisy confusion of life,
keep peace in your soul.
With all its sham,
drudgery, and broken dreams,
it is still a beautiful world.
Be cheerful.
Strive to be happy.

Years ago, I used to read this poem every morning and it made more of a difference in my life than I could have imagined when I first hung it on the wall. I've just ordered a poster of this to hang on the back of the toilet door in the knowledge that my children will read it on a regular basis and that it will help them find their way.

@IceCreamKid thank you.

I've been slowly reading this thread, taking time to consider and integrate the information shared. You have given me a lot to think about and ultimately helped me become a better person. I appreciate you taking the time to give so much to this community and want you to know that you have had a real impact. The world is truly a better place as a result of the love that you have shared here.

Eliud

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Aug 28, 2014
Nairobi
So the BEST ADVICE I could ever give someone if they grow apart from their wife is not to try and save her or make her do anything. You change yourself and be the person you need to be and even be the person you want them to be, and do it with so much ambition and heart that it becomes so contagious. Once you learn you can do this, you can really see how you can influence others through your own behavior. It's amazing to see how much influence you truly do have by exuding positive energy.

One of the best life gold tips Ive ever come across and it actually makes a hell lot of sense! Thanks Rem.

OzzieRob

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
May 3, 2013
Perth, Australia
Failing is definately a part of every succesful Entrepreneurs journey...it really sucks at the time but makes us stronger for the next venture

Spanx founder Sarah Blakely has an interesting article about failure.

When Sara Blakely was growing up, her father would often ask her the same question at dinnertime.

"What have you failed at this week?"

Billionaire Sara Blakely says secret to success is failure

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101117470

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
IceCreamKid said:
Most people feel like they have to portray that they’re somebody else in order to create a successful biz. They get fancy biz cards, logos, make a website, buy a suit, and parade around as if they are someone of influence.
IceCreamKid said:
This lack of alignment actually develops fear and lack of confidence. It makes it hard to take sustained action because they are constantly playing the juggling act of being someone else. It's exhausting.

Ok, I originally asked a question to this, and since I now have the answers, I feel I'll share
(original question below)

But something still just isn't right, if you know what I mean? Its like, if I just be myself its synonomous with people wanting to shiv me. I feel like a moderate fighter in a bad neighborhood that makes up for it with that edge :p.

Yeah, people will shiv you, but the more you are authentic to yourself, the better you are at resisting it in the long run.
You might not be able to defend yourself at first, but it is possible.

I just need to understand, how in the darndest heeby jeebies I can stop making that portrayal and get outta that place, cuz its killing my love. I end up exhausted, conflicted, and only half alive after I get in these portrayal clashes.
I seem destined to just constantly be visciously kicked, and so I portray an image to make my bruises a little more blue rather than the black they would be.

You got anything you can expand on about this portrayal stuff that might turn on a light?

Cuz sign me up. I know that portrayal is a very very bad life raft (toxic even?).

Portraying yourself a certain way ENABLES bullies. The only real solution to bullies, is to focus on your craft, and be an originator (and not get cocky about it, or try to one up people).

Find peace in your own creativity, reach out to good friends, and work through the mess together. It can work out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dami-B

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
249%
Jan 25, 2015
Lagos, Nigeria
You know what's de-motivating for me? Listening to my WHY and reading it out loud for years yet being in the same place as when I started.

You know what's motivating? Picking up the phone, talking to somebody, having them open up to me up about what their problems are, then solving it and making some swiss cheese for helping them. When you see the ice cream coming in by the gallon size, you will become motivated. But you can only get the gallons coming in if you take action.

Wanna get motivated? Get out of your head and into the world.

IF YOU HAVEN'T MADE A SALE YET, DO NOT SLEEP UNTIL YOU MAKE A SALE. SLEEP IS WHACK AS HELL.

Seriously though man just get out there and make a sale. This is what you should be telling yourself when you get out there...I don't care how many times I get rejected. I don't care how shitty I feel. I don't care if I got 2 hours of sleep. I don't care that I don't have money, I'll find a way. I don't care that I don't have an idea, I'll figure out a way to get an idea. I don't care that I'm scared, I'm moving anyway.

I....don't....care.

Sorry if this came across as some tough love. Try taking some action though. You're gonna like who you become.

Take action. Get the ice cream.
I read this around 11PM, the time right now is 7:52AM i still haven't slept, but I just might have come up with one of the most remarkable ways to market my business, if this works sir, because i'm testing it today in the next one hour to be precise, if this works sir, I will owe you my ever undying gratitude.

Rum

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2,200%
May 27, 2015
Singapore
It's 5.22am here in Singapore. This is my first post on this forum. I just finished 31 pages of this thread over 5 nights of reading. I made a 25-page, 10,000 word document of everything I've learnt from this thread. Just a little background of myself: I already possess the abundance mindset from reading entrepreneurial books for the past 2 years since I turned 19. I currently an online-based business, which is service-related. It's not fastlane business, but with good marketing it does provide a solid income equivalent or higher than average wage earners and it doesn't take up too much of my time. I started this business not as my fastlane business but as a learning experience. I just completed my first year of college in the best university in my country, and I am going to take a 1-year leave of absence from the school to take MASSIVE ACTION on my dreams. (Made this decision before I came across the thread. I already had decided on taking massive action.)

I just want to say a HUGE Thank you to IceCreamKid for giving so much to me through this thread which really summed up what I learnt over the past 2 years and really gave me that extra push I needed. To me, you are not just a teacher but a MENTOR - I could FEEL your essence, spirit, and passion from behind my computer screen!

The next steps?

I just ordered "Scientific Advertising" -by Claude Hopkins and "How To Write A Good Advertisement"-by Vic Schwab". I am going to read these and get good at copy while taking action.

I am going to start to take action by calling up businesses to find out their pain points. Then, I will find out the solution, validate it, pre-sell, outsource the development, and launch and market the hell out of it, then scale. I do not have all the answers now, but I use use hard work and my resourcefulness, along with having the right mindset, to figure and learn along the way. I believe 100% that I can and will suceed.

Lastly, I will join INSIDERS forum soon (once I'm ready for more golden nuggets, gotta take some action first) to read up on zen*******'s posts (if they are still there, because from what I see his account is deleted)

I will be reporting back with my experiences from my action-taking very soon. There is plenty of ice cream in the factory, and I'm coming to get some.

Rum

H. Palmer

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Aug 12, 2011
Fastlane Metro
It's 5.22am here in Singapore. This is my first post on this forum. I just finished 31 pages of this thread over 5 nights of reading. I made a 25-page, 10,000 word document of everything I've learnt from this thread. Just a little background of myself: I already possess the abundance mindset from reading entrepreneurial books for the past 2 years since I turned 19. I currently an online-based business, which is service-related. It's not fastlane business, but with good marketing it does provide a solid income equivalent or higher than average wage earners and it doesn't take up too much of my time. I started this business not as my fastlane business but as a learning experience. I just completed my first year of college in the best university in my country, and I am going to take a 1-year leave of absence from the school to take MASSIVE ACTION on my dreams. (Made this decision before I came across the thread. I already had decided on taking massive action.)

I just want to say a HUGE Thank you to IceCreamKid for giving so much to me through this thread which really summed up what I learnt over the past 2 years and really gave me that extra push I needed. To me, you are not just a teacher but a MENTOR - I could FEEL your essence, spirit, and passion from behind my computer screen!

The next steps?

I just ordered "Scientific Advertising" -by Claude Hopkins and "How To Write A Good Advertisement"-by Vic Schwab". I am going to read these and get good at copy while taking action.

I am going to start to take action by calling up businesses to find out their pain points. Then, I will find out the solution, validate it, pre-sell, outsource the development, and launch and market the hell out of it, then scale. I do not have all the answers now, but I use use hard work and my resourcefulness, along with having the right mindset, to figure and learn along the way. I believe 100% that I can and will suceed.

Lastly, I will join INSIDERS forum soon (once I'm ready for more golden nuggets, gotta take some action first) to read up on zen*******'s posts (if they are still there, because from what I see his account is deleted)

I will be reporting back with my experiences from my action-taking very soon. There is plenty of ice cream in the factory, and I'm coming to get some.

Rum

Beautiful post.

Godspeed!

juggler619

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
May 25, 2015
Abu Dhabi
NO MORE THINKING. TAKE ACTION. GET DRUNK. GET THE ICE CREAM.

juggler619

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
May 25, 2015
Abu Dhabi
Awesome ! Gold mine!

The Story We Play In Our Head Reveals All

“I only have X dollars to start a business”, a member once told me through PM. The scarcity/lack mindset had consumed his entire life. This caused fear to set in for him. What if I spend all my money and end up failing? He took zero action because it was “safer”.

Then one day, by sheer luck he bumped into a dolphin while swimming in the ocean. Much like Santa Claus, the dolphin carried around a bag of presents with him. What was the present given this time? A NEW PAIR OF GLASSES. The kid put on the new pair of glasses and realized the truth: he was only limited by what he decided NOT to do. Like flicking a switch, he realized that the world was a HUGELY abundant place, where as long as you pick up the shovel then you can dig in and get as much of it as you want into your wheelbarrow.

He started off with just one shovel by himself…digging for days and days, barely making any cash to throw into the wheelbarrow. He wasn’t making as much money as those in the rat race…negative thoughts would occasionally come to haunt him. Why is this happening to me? I’m not trying to rob or steal from anybody. I’m just trying to make some money to take care of my family. Those thoughts would constantly taunt him, but he kept digging daily. Over time he was able to hire a crew and give them shovels. Then he upgraded the crew’s shovels and gave them bulldozers to allow them to dig more and get things done faster and more easily. He was easily making a rat racer’s annual salary in only 1 month by that time.

He never would’ve gotten to that point if he didn’t take action with that first shovel for himself…he didn’t take action for years, justifying it by saying that he was learning how to become an entrepreneur through reading books and browsing forums.

Then when he hit his mid 20’s he didn’t want to lie to the man in the mirror anymore. He could lie to the world forever, but there is no escaping the man in the mirror. He had reached the F*ck it point, humbled himself to the words of the dolphin, and took action without hesitation.

The action brought clarity to the confusion. It brought confidence because he learned that he KNEW he could change things, affect things, and that nothing could stop him if he really wanted it badly enough…the confidence came AFTER he took action and tested his perceived limits.

And that is where he learned that it is not the money that is valuable, but the person that you become that is the ultimate value.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.