The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The "Astonishing Secrets" Thread

Sunscreen

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Jan 1, 2015
Last edited by a moderator:

H. Palmer

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Aug 12, 2011
Fastlane Metro
In order to PM me you must be able to eat a gallon of ice cream in 2 minutes. Actually, I turned off PM's because I've been too busy with business lately. I bought a new biz and am currently working my booty off scaling it.

I'm also in the process of suing my realtor. I probably should've read Red's book about how not to get screwed by your real estate agent. In retrospect, I ignored some pretty big red flags and got burned for being asleep at the wheel. Life goes on. Just gotta keep pushing forward.

I'll post an update thread one day. When? I have no idea. The process takes months, usually years. My only focus right now is going heavy on product innovation and tweaking the direct response marketing.

@IceCreamKid, respect for your entrepreneurial lifestyle and your time contraints.
Could you just mention the title of Red's book? I think I need a book like that right now myself.

Thanks in advance.

AceResponder

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Oct 15, 2015
I answered this question 2 posts above yours. Please read, brother.

Yes, I saw it later. Sorry I missed it at the first place since there is so many good stuff to read and learn from here. I read a lot about Zen today and found some of his posts too, made a note of what he and other said about him. He is like a Rajinikanth (A Indian film actor who can do anything ) of this forum.

My advice:
-Clearly define what you want.
-Clearly define goals to find out what steps you need to take to get there. Discover the obstacles.
-Find people in real life who have experienced the obstacles in the way and conquered them. Study the systems they used, especially the marketing systems. No need to re-invent the wheel. Increase your probability of success by utilizing what already works and just innovate tiny bits where you can.
-Implement.
-Cut expenses ruthlessly while building your empire...try not to rack up 6-figures of student loan debt if possible.
7657c308be695b1068156fd498d47ab4.jpg

I will be really thankful if you (or anyone) can advice me on one more thing. All I have at the moment is time, my hard work and ready to implement the ideas and advice of experienced people. I have a few contact in whole sale market (here in India) of Jackets, Cotton or any other fabric and scissor. I was wondering if there is any place where I can sell these (or any) on wholesale.

I believe in selling quality item on a less price but in a bigger quantity.
For Example, if one Jacket cost me $22.00 and I can sell 50 for $30.00 each, I would rather sell 75 for $26.00 each.
Please tell me if this is the right approach?

I really appreciate the time and efforts you all put in helping me and others.

Respect
R.K

PureA

Winners never quit
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
348%
Dec 24, 2013
Bali
I believe in selling quality item on a less price but in a bigger quantity.
For Example, if one Jacket cost me $22.00 and I can sell 50 for $30.00 each, I would rather sell 75 for $26.00 each.
Please tell me if this is the right approach?

Never compete on price, there is literally no need to.

There are endless benefits to having a premium product, a premium price, and less sales.

Get creative and figure out how to give your customer more than they could ever hope, but charge appropriately.

Selling at $26 a jacket you're making $4 a jacket. Sell at $59.99 (very reasonable for a high quality jacket) make $38 per piece.

For everyone 1 sale you make at 59.99 you would need to make 9.5 sales at $26 for the same profit.

Additionally, you get to care more for your customers because there are less of them, they are a premium consumer so this equals less hassle than budget buyers.

Everyone wins.

Don't compete on price.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

AceResponder

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Oct 15, 2015
Never compete on price, there is literally no need to.

There are endless benefits to having a premium product, a premium price and less sales.

Get creative and figure out how to give your customer more than they could ever hope, but charge appropriately.

Selling at $26 a jacket you're making $4 a jacket. Sell at $59.99 (very reasonable for a high quality jacket) make $38 per piece.

For everyone 1 sale you make at 59.99 you would need to make 9.5 sales at $26 for the same profit.

Additionally, you get to care more for your customers because there are less of them, they are a premium consumer so this equals less hassle than budget buyers.

Everyone wins.

Don't compete on price.

Thanks for the quick response mate.
The price I quoted is for a wholesale market and not retail. I will get these Jackets from directly a manufacturer and want to sell it on wholesale.
Would you suggest to sell at $59.99 in a wholesale market?

I am sorry if this is not the right place to ask all these questions, I hope I am not breaking any forum rule.

AlexDonaldson

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
300%
Oct 13, 2015
Austin/San Antonio, TX
I've been lurking around on this thread for the past couple of days and have read every single page, I have to say that there is some absolute GOLD in here. Being only 18 and having resources like this site and the awesome members of it makes me feel extremely blessed. I've been overcoming a lot of personal obstacles lately, but I finally feel like I'm in the right mindset to make the moves that I deserve. I want to personally thank @IceCreamKid for all the great info you've posted on here!

(Luckily) since I didn't allow myself to get into the 9-5 lifestyle like most of my peer group, I'm going to continue freelancing like I have been for the past year or so to keep an income for the time being, as well as officially starting my entrepreneurial journey! I look forward to being apart of this community and seeing everyone elses progress with their businesses/ventures as well!

I'm really craving a hot fudge sunday now... :D

Ducky

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Jan 28, 2013
I trust someday we will all know what truly happened to zen*******.

In meantime, I would to personally apologise to Heisenberg for not being supportive at the time.

Gonzalo

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Dec 16, 2015
Miami
Took me a couple of days but i finally finished reading it all! awesome advice ICK!! it gave me a new way to look at the big picture! it made me realized that i am that guy you talked about that reads books and books and never takes action..
Thank you for your time and value you put in to this!

Its Action Time! gonna get that Dulce De Leche Ice Creamm!

DogsBreakfast

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
335%
Mar 5, 2015
Been reading this thread over the past month and just finished reading the last 5 pages.

When i joined this forum i was struggling mentally with alot of things and was in a pretty bad spot and it came across in my posts. One was feeling unfulfilled in life which is why i moved out of my parents house. I had to make a change.

Reading this thread has slowly been morphing me into the person i want to be. Ive learnt to forgive people who have betrayed me as well as people who i have loved and one second later broken my heart. Ive also learnt to love them for who they are, and not who i want them to be.

I was so focused on some things in my life that now in hindsight, i see how trivial they were. Now that i have finally removed some of the big mental blocks in my life, i really have no excuse to finding a need and building a business. Just need to hone my skills in finding pain points so i can start taking massive action.

Again thankyou to not only ICK but all of the valuable posters on this forum. I want to repay all of you by building my success story and show im not a pretender anymore.

Last edited:

snappyhappy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Aug 3, 2015
Harness The Attitude of Gratitude

Have you ever started a morning on the wrong foot and everything else seemed to follow that overall vibe? By the end of the day, you’re drained because anything and everything seemed to not be going your way. You’re angry, tired, and frustrated. Sick and tired of being sick and tired. Here’s a trick to change all of that.

Every morning, write down 3-5 things that you’re grateful for. This will allow you to start your day from a mindset of abundance. When you do this first thing when you wake up, everything else that you do throughout the day will be done in support of that overall positive mindset. It sets the tone immediately.

You’ll find that you first start with very general stuff like, “I’m grateful for my 3 mistresses”. After a few weeks, you’ll run out of things to list that you’re grateful for so you’ll start getting VERY specific like:

1. I’m grateful for how Mistress A makes me feel when she smiles at me with her cute little dimples

2. I’m grateful for how amazing of a cook Mistress B is

3. I’m grateful for how Mistress C seems to really take the time to listen and understand me

You’ll start noticing all of the tiny details in your life that you can be grateful for. It’s a better feeling than shrooms, coke, and weed. It’s not better than sex though. Sex is better than ice cream, just my opinion.

Customers will notice your overall positive vibe and love you for it. I’m convinced Disney is such a powerful company because they have mastered the art of positive vibes and communicated it on a massive scale. They make you feel good. They make you forget all of the bullshit responsibilities that we have to endure as adults. They make you feel childlike again. Being childlike is key…that’s why ice cream and getting drunk is the common theme in a majority of my posts. Don’t take shit so seriously, it’s all just a game. Your job is to connect the puzzle pieces together.

I have a fat crush on the chick in this video. I hope the ladybird in my life doesn't read this haha. She's a fastlaner too, but made her millions in real estate development. She's the reason why I learned to love people. Let me tell you, the right woman in your life can be the greatest motivator in the world. With the wrong woman, you can work 24 hours a day and never get even close to building a smoothly running ice cream shop. Where are all the female entrepreneurs at, anyway??? I remember seeing a few around here...Determined, AroundTheWorld, where are the rest?

Mastering the art of gratitude is essential because you need it in order to get through the times of failure. Make no mistake about it, you WILL fail on your path to ice cream heaven. But you will fail better going forward. Fight to make it work and keep the faith. Developing an overall mindset of positivity and abundance is crucial because there are A LOT of roadblocks in Candy Land.

The gremlins in Candy Land are filled with hatred, envy, jealousy, selfishness, and cynicism…they will try to steal the ice cream out of your hands while you are doing cartwheels and jumping jacks. They hate to see you so happy, but don’t let it get to you. They’re just hurting and frustrated inside. You still love them anyway. They just don't know any better. I remember MJ saying that someone even stole an INSIDERS subscription from him. How the hell do you steal in INSIDERS subscription, @MJ DeMarco ???

Believe in yourself. Because not truly believing leads to doing shit half assed. Half assing your work leads to failure. Failure leads to you not being able to give back to the world. I need you to develop an abundance mindset so you can get get an abundance of ice cream so that we can give back.

Isn’t entrepreneurship amazing? Not only is it the fastlane to ice cream, but it’s also the fastlane to becoming a better, stronger, happier version of yourself. Don’t you want to become a happier version of yourself?

We’re giving back to the people in Candy Land. Spreading it across the country. One scoop at a time.

See you all later. I'm almost done talking about mindset. After that, we're going to jump into marketing.

p.s. I'm still convinced mindset is everything. Get your mind right. Get drunk and be happy cuz they play some really good music inside the ice cream shop.

What a great gift, that exactly two years to the day after you posted this, someone can be reading it for the first time and gaining so much value from it. Thank you @IceCreamKid

RunWithIt

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Jan 23, 2016
Canada
There is always more than one way to dress your mistress, but here's what I would do...

Contact the business owners but don't outright ask, "HEY ARE YOU INTERESTED IN THIS?!". That just wreaks of greed. Ew. Chat it up with them a bit, be casual, fun, and honest. After you build up rapport, THEN you ask them what they think of your idea. Dude...you might even find new ideas and needs while you're chatting it up with them. It's REALLY fun when you get good at this stuff bro. The ideas flow like F*ckin waterfalls and you'll go nuts picking up all the ice cream falling from the sky and into your hands.

Look at it like video games. I used to be a hardcore gamer up until I hit rock bottom with my life. I ended up selling my video games on Craigslist when I decided to finally get serous with business. Anyway with most video games you'll suck when you start out, but you keep getting better after each death. You learn something new after each death. Eventually, you'll get good enough to get to the final level and save the princess from the evil boss. Interviewing business owners is sorta the same evolutionary process bro. You suck, then you suck less, then you get sorta good, then you get good, then you save the princess and win.

If they really like the idea, I'll try to get some pre-sale money because this truly validates that you are solving a real need. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, MAKE A RELENTLESS ATTEMPT TO GET THE ICE CREAM BEFORE YOU SPEND A DIME ON BUILDING THE PRODUCT/SERVICE/SOFTWARE. Too many people will bullshit you and say "oh yeah I'd buy that" but when it's time to finally bust out the credit card they give some excuse for why they don't wanna pay. People will lie to you because they don't want to hurt your feelings.

If I understood the concept of pre-selling when I was a young devil I would've saved myself so much emotional pain, financial pain, and most importantly time...time is the biggest expense.

EDIT: Pre-selling is a beastly way of starting a business and probably deserves its own thread. If I were to make multiple ice cream threads it would probably be sales/marketing, pre-selling, getting traffic/attention in the media, getting funding, mindset, building a brand that creates a loyal following, and interviewing business owners/customers. None of this is in any particular order...I'm just typing out whatever the hell comes to my ADHD 27-year old mind. Do you guys see why MJ always preaches that ideas are worthless without process? When you take your business to $100k you will finally see how insignificant the idea really is. There are sooo many moving parts to a business that go beyond just the idea omg too many things to do. This is why I get concerned when I receive PM's saying, "bro just help me find an idea. Come on bro I just need that one idea". Bust out the vodka and get drunk cuz the party is far more complex than just an idea.

Pre-selling is a lot more complicated than just asking, "hey will you pay this up front?". You should end up drawing perhaps a picture of the product to give the customer a better idea of what you have to offer, or create a beta version of the software, or create a physical miniature version of the product you want to create, etc.

There are so many facets to pre-selling but probably the most important thing is that when you create a demonstrable example of your idea, it will appear more attractive to the customer and they will be far more likely to give you ice cream up front.

I actually learned this concept from the Dolphin...I forget where the post was. Super neat stuff.

I needed this.

Thanks @IceCreamKid for this amazing thread.

MotiveInMotion

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Mar 14, 2016
Independent
The greatest lesson of all...

LOVE THE HELL OUT OF OTHERS AND YOU WILL EVENTUALLY HAVE ALL THE ICE CREAM YOU CAN EAT.

The hell? This is a Z secret? It is, and let me prove to you why.

When you love others with a genuine heart, you become more present to their feelings which include their pains and needs. You approach them from the position of, “How can I improve this person’s life? How can I add value to this person’s life?” as opposed to, “Where can I get money? COME ON GIVE ME THE MONEY!”.

This is the mindset I see a lot of people have: “The XYZ market is a $50B market and is about to explode 30% within the next 2 years. I’m going to get into that and get a piece of the pie!”. The ice cream shop has the right to refuse service to anyone and does not serve those with that mindset. We only serve ice cream to those who love others and solve their pains. Well, maybe we’ll offer plain vanilla to the 99% who don’t.

Do you think someone will tell you their pains and needs if you genuinely show them that you want to help improve their lives? Or are they more likely to tell you their pains if you approach them from the angle of, “Hey would you buy this product from me? Come on, buy it!”

When you love the hell out of others, you begin building a brand with a noticeable heart. Customers WILL notice this and you will develop a loyal following. They will tell their friends and post it all over Facebook. You notice how In n’ Out Burger has a loyal following of fans? That’s because they show love for their employees and love for their customers by striving to always satisfy everyone’s needs. It’s a hamburger joint with a friggin’ culture. I love it. The employees are always joyful as hell. The company has HEART and SOUL. Compare that to the majority of other fast food joints who are just a cold cash taker.

Sometimes it’s not always about profit. Love others first and the ice cream will come.

I’ve never met zen******* in person but his whole vibe OOZES of love, heart, honor, and integrity. He wants to help you better your life. He doesn’t fear the success of those he mentors. I would trust that guy with a $100,000 personal loan. He obviously doesn’t need my money, but you get my point. I bet you a bunch of people bring him deals and opportunities to partner up simply because of his vibe of love and integrity.

Love others. Drop the greed because it will blind you to opportunities for more ice cream around you. When you harness this mindset for a long enough amount of time, you will see the abundance of possibilities and realize the ice cream is everywhere. Fear and scarcity WILL be replaced by confidence and abundance.

@JackEdwards wasn't lying when he said, "The moment you stop caring about money is the moment you start making money". Respect to you, good sir.
Dude.

This post is amazing, thank you so much. I got an awesome feeling in my stomach when you started explaining the culture and the community and use the In N' Out example.

THIS is exactly what I'm looking to cultivate, and I will keep following and learning from the astonishing secrets. I really believe the mindset is the most important part of it, and there's always something to learn, so thank you for elaborating, I wish zen******* could still be found on here. Of course I need money to live and do my thing, but I am extremely motivated by cultivating a legit community of successful entrepreneur millennials, and helping them shift their success trajectory.

I know there's more potential to be reached in everyone and I wanna help bring that out into the world.

I think your strategy posted here was extremely insightful and you better believe I will be adapting the things I'm building RIGHT NOW to this method, because it's perfect timing and traffic is growing.

Just transferred every penny of rep to you REP++++++

THANK YOU.

Last edited by a moderator:

MotiveInMotion

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Mar 14, 2016
Independent
Wow man that's profound. It sounds like being in a state of intense observation. My ideas are "my ideas", but an idea from a source outside yourself should be cherished even more because their observation comes from a purer place than yours?

For example I could be thinking about "this idea will win big" "I can sell tons of these!", but what you observe through listening to that other person's pain or idea isn't rooted in your own 'selfish' thinking?

Am I close or just rambling?

No bro, you're not rambling.. Sorry to open this old thread, but not really because it's AWESOME!

There's a Terence McKenna quote about this, and I think it applies here:

“Half the time you think your thinking you’re actually listening”

NO YOU'RE NOT RAMBLING. OH MY F*ckING A YOU GET IT! MY MISSION IS COMPLETE. LET'S PARTY AND GET DRUNK! YOLOOOO!

I'm going to unlock the potential in all of you. All of you can amass great wealth for yourselves if you give yourself the permission to. I give you permission to succeed. I give you permission to fail and be yourself. I give you permission to be vulnerable and be your authentic self with others.

Why haven't you guys given yourselves permission to succeed? That little voice in the back of your mind feeding you bullshit stories about why you can't have everything you ever dreamed of...crush him.

I need you to learn to build your own ice cream shops so we can build a following and give back to society. I see too much pain and suffering around me. Do it for your wife, your kids, your family, your cousin, whatever. Just do it. Whatever the F*ck it takes. Just do it. Build the ice cream kingdom so we can all party together in Candy Land.

Yo Dave where in Florida do you live? I wanna go to Miami. I'll rent a Lambo for a day and we can cruise around, go nuts throwing ice cream in the air.

This is such a great thread and I am just going through it now! I am always looking to better millennials and their potential too through Motiveinmotion.com because everyone has more potential to be unlocked everyday (including myself!)

We all need to figure out what others want that we have, effectively give it to them (market) and like you said, part of the struggle is simply finding an effective offer and actually contributing what they want to see and hear from us in abundance! Keep up your good work bro. @IceCreamKid do you have a website about this stuff I can check out?

- Evan

Razz

VPH: Value Per Hour
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
515%
Apr 15, 2016
ICK 1a.jpg ICK 2a.jpg

What if I told you, that over the course of two days, this thread will change your life?

First off, Thank you very much @IceCreamKid.

The proof is inside. Read it. Execute. See how people have evolved over time.

Only a microscopic faction of people will ever fully embrace it, switching from Vanilla to Mint Chocolate Chip.

There’s takeaways no matter what stage of development of your business game in it. If one sentence doesn’t resonate, you’re either a Billionaire or Blind. In the second case, I’m sure ICK would send you a Braile copy.

Been trying to find a way to add value to this thread, and it’s pretty dang difficult.

This is geared more towards future learners that may stumble here. To increase your interactivity and response rates, take yourself out of the equation when posting here. This forum cares about your process, with dedicated members sharing their knowledge, experience, and life-long journeys. Those that never stop achieve success.

Be vulnerable. I really don’t care if this post will do well or be read by anyone, but I do care about ensuring that my perspective is linking right. That my own mindset, my schema, reflects and interprets the information presented here correctly. And it’s shifted insanely after following through previous threads, and I’m sure will continue through future ones.

For instance, here’s my take away from all of this. I’m documenting my own learnings for reflection and personal discovery, creating a link to my own breadcrumbs. Taking notes is only part of it, rewriting them into your own story fosters personal development and builds knowledge.

Anyone can succeed, not only after when they realize it, but only after embracing and living it. ICK changed his life by changing his Mindset, then by testing the crap out of it – and finding a path that resonated with his inner values. You cannot beg, borrow, buy, or steal these inner values. You must develop your own and realize what is important in life.

Only after that, can you change your circumstances and situation. After that, the rest is gravy.

But be diligent. There was a gem in here from @JackEdwards about how to avoid pitfalls, as learned from experience. Then it went on to detail more pitfalls athletes experience, and go bankrupt: beyond personal mindset issues, they could trust the wrong financial advisor. Here, on this forum, we’re our own financial advisors. Trust yourself in this aspect as well.

Before diving into this, if you’re psychologically unbalanced or in the need of a mindset shift, you have to detach from yourself, willing to let it blow away in the wind, and figure it out. Get positive & productive help, either professional or by any other means necessary. Lots of knowledge, wisdom bombs, and gold everywhere. I believe @AndrewNC offers his services in discovery limitations and honing success programming, with a free session for INSIDERS.

ICK shows how to continually shift and refocus, redefine, mold, and interact with feedback. That your environment and current situation is a product of everything now. And you can change that now. Simply by starting.

Then you only get this feedback through product testing.

If you then interact with your customers the way you want to be treated, then you’ll succeed. Unless you treat yourself horribly.

Be selfless. Be respectful. Be authentic.

Your customers love authenticity. Incorporating human qualities is part of the process. If you don’t link with that, you have nothing.

Refine all the elements of the process, and make it your own. Never give up.

And borrowed from @Vigilante: if your process is perfect, it’s just a matter of time.

And remember, no beliefs are limiting – unless you make them limiting. Never give up.

Learn. Test. Make Mistakes. Learn. Live. Repeat… Achieve.

Finally, the perspective feedback loop should be used at all times. Perspective and creativity give unlimited clarity from buyers, customers, creators… everyone. Shift perspective by asking meaningful questions through their eyes. Your customer’s lenses. Guessing this is some of the JackEdwards and the poster formerly known as ZD’s approach.

Start somewhere, see how it transforms, run with the associates, and tap into that childish curiosity to re-see your world.

Thanks again, IceCreamKid.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
689%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Reading all this solid information too fast...

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013
I can only add this, which I believe is the most important ingredient to a happier life and limitless wealth and is just a shorter sentence to convey what this thread is all about:

Learn to live by giving value!

Give value because you can, not because you want a certain response or because of what you can do.
Love people FIRST, before wanting love and attention back.
A kid loves people FIRST. He naturally gives value because he has intrinsic value, not because he is big!

Create value in the world. Become a value creator.
Create value by writing a book (authors).
Create value by writing software that helps people do a task easier (programmers).
Create value by entertaining (singers, actors, comedian).
Create value by doing your work as perfect as you possibly can (if you work for someone else).
Create value by communicating openly.
Create value by smiling to people you meet, giving a positive vibe and expecting the best out of any situation (especially if you have any sort of anxiety, social anxiety etc).
Create value by becoming the man of your word. Never delay things that you said you would do.
Create value by realizing that reality is subjective and whatever your past story is, it is irrelevant right now. Nobody else cares about it except you. Stop holding back to your past story. Let it go and take full responsibility.
Create value by helping people in this forum if you can.
Create value by not trying to change people, but be the first to give them a hand if need be.

Thanks to @IceCreamKid , @Vigilante , @MJ DeMarco and many other people here for this awesome community. It may be just a start for me, but once I realized the importance of value giving, I see no limits of what is possible. I'm born again.

I must add this:
Create value by giving yourself a hug! Very important.

bada284aadd71b828d746a99d0c89718[1].jpg

IceCreamKid

With Great Power Comes Great Electricity Bill
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2,184%
Jun 8, 2010
California
You guys are crazy lol go acquire some customers. Or get an INSIDERS subscription where we give some killer actionable info along with metrics dating back years to prove we're not BSing you.

DWX

Getting on with it
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Nov 19, 2015
UK
I'm going to keep it real simple - Thank you for the time, care, and attention you've kindly donated to this thread, @IceCreamKid. Seriously, some incredible stuff, bro.

I guess the saying is true, "You only get what you give in this world."

I'm on it.

JokerCrazyBeatz

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 1, 2016
Started learning copy. I read some books and copied some sales letters by hand for a few months. My day looked something like this: Work the 9-5. Go home pissed as hell at my boss. Drink, write copy, drink, write copy, pass out drunk. Repeat for a long time until I got a good grasp of writing copy. I don’t recommend drinking to learn copy…ice cream seems to work pretty well too. Drinking is fun though…I’d rather burn as bright as a 1,000 watt bulb and burn out in 10-minutes than live life like a 10-watt bulb for the next 40 years.
how did you go about learning to write copy ? Like specifically the books and things that helped you get it . im focused on doin the same

Torobaro

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
139%
Mar 30, 2016
Spain
While interviewing many different people in many different industries, I discovered a real need that couldn’t be solved online but could be taken care of offline…

Hey IceCreamKid I´ve been reading your posts for some time. Amazing Journey. This is the first time I ask a question because I´m just in that same point right now.

I have a business idea and I´m interviewing many different people in order to gather feedback. However what amazes me is how difficult it is to get someone to give you their time. I´ve worked in sales and sometimes I find this somewhat more difficult.

As a matter of fact I haven´t landed a single in person interview, just by telephone.

I am currently landing interviews:

1. Cold calling
2. Cold mailing
3. Referrals (the best method by far)

What did you to land interviews?

Thanks!!!
Best!

Michael Burgess

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Sep 30, 2014
Ontario, Canada
The most astonishing secret I've learned?

CHARGE MORE!

I still struggle to wrap my head around it sometimes, but I actually find charging more to almost always be worthwhile. This helps in a lot of ways:

• You have a better budget, and therefore more time and capacity, to satisfy your clients directly
• Customers may value what you're offering more
• You get better customers that are less "nit-picky" and generally superior to work with
• You will be less stressed
• You have a better budget for marketing, insurance, and business development
• It's easier to make 3 sales than 10 sales.

I've found it's tempting when you're broke to reduce your prices, because you believe people are more likely to buy what you're offering... ironically, I think it's probably the opposite. Obviously you have to deliver on a higher quality product or service if you're charging more... but if you're going to do a thing, do it right!

If you're not confident enough to start charging a lot more - like double what you normally might - try split testing new prospects. You might be surprised to learn you have been undervaluing your offer for a long time.

Crossroads

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Aug 31, 2016
Revolutionary Lessons From This Thread That Can Make You Rich In 30 Days…GUARANTEED!

By golly, I love writing these friggin headlines…copywriting is fun.

Listen up guys the tribe in Candy Land is growing both online in this forum and offline in the real world. I have quite a few members PM’ing me now and I’m helping them remove the mental issues that are sabotaging them. I can't believe I'm doing all of this for free haha. It feels almost like a creepy little movement. If you are having mental blocks that prevent you from taking action and wish to stay private, please PM me with what issues you think you have. I promise I am not trying to sell you anything. We here at the ice cream shop are only here to help others without any attachment to our personal gain. That always has been, and always will be, my commitment to you here.

Believe me, this growth of the tribe was not created by accident and was purely scientific. Would you like to know how to utilize these similar tactics to grow a business? Of course you do.

Put down the vodka and ice cream cone for a minute and let’s get moving so I can learn you some lessons about the hidden psychology behind why the tribe in Candy Land is growing.

1. Focus on your drunk fans who love ice cream. When you focus on the biggest, most passionate fans of your product they will go the extra mile to sing praises about your business. They will post about it on FB, IG. Give them what they want!

2. Lead with unconventional values. The ice cream thread preaches a set of values that are very different from most other threads. We are the drunken maniacs who run business from an angle of loving acceptance for others. We promote happiness and empowerment within others. This thread connects with a deeper part of your heart, which is why some of the members here have become loyal fans and have even PM’d me to discuss mental issues that are holding them back from success.

3. Build community. The ice cream thread is a community within a larger community. You can perhaps build a brand off of this movement of entrepreneurship from an angle of love and acceptance. We’re all about giving the people what they want, therefore they are loyal to us because we are loyal to them!

4. Give fans a name. All of you are a wonderful part of the ice cream shop and I like being able to call you guys my drunken ice cream addicted following. Customers like to have a strong sense of belonging. It creates loyalty to the brand.

5. Give them something to talk about. I purposely gave this thread a crazy theme so that people enjoy it, have fun with it, and learn from it at the same time. It’s much easier to build a business with a following when there’s a sense of fun, excitement, and craziness beneath everything. PEOPLE LIKE CRAZY. EVERYONE IS WEIRD ON SOME LEVEL. Believe it.

Back to work. Above all else, take action guys. Whatever it takes. Do it.

DO NOT BE AFRAID TO MAKE MISTAKES. I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH. IF YOU ARE NOT MAKING MISTAKES THEN YOU ARE NOT MOVING FAST ENOUGH.

IceCreamKid, you've created and shared so many awesome, powerful posts here. This one, though... This one is perhaps my favorite so far. Thank you for giving so much to those who'll take time to read these! ;)

Brian C.

Rolling Thunder
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
339%
Apr 13, 2016
Massachusetts, USA
My man! @IceCreamKid

THANK YOU.

Thank you for bestowing your wisdom, energy, and love upon us.

You've given the gift of mindset - a priceless asset that will produce benefits for an entire life.

Back to action my friend. Thank you.

Last edited:

jesset17

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Aug 23, 2016
Boise, ID
Reading through the entire thread, I’ve noticed over the last two years IceCreamKid’s replies have been less frequent and less enthusiastic. Yes, of course he is probably much busier with his own businesses to keep dishing out free GOLDEN advice on a silver platter but if you pay attention you’ll notice he tells exactly why his enthusiasm has decreased.

NO ONE IS TAKING ACTION!

The majority of the thread is filled with: Thank you, you changed my whole mindset, thanks I will go out and love everyone, thank you I am going to look for needs instead of money. All that is just fine and dandy but ICK didn’t spend his valuable time creating posts for people to thank him. He created those posts for people to go out and better themselves and their lives. Not just sit around and think about it.

@IceCreamKid I sent you a PM to thank you (which sounds like you don’t read those anymore) so please don’t misconstrue this as me not being grateful because I most definitely am. It took me reading TFM and your posts to finally grasp the right way and for the right reasons, to find pain points in society and be the person/business to fix those pains.

Sorry, I digress. Back to my point. I think what ICK was hoping to hear back was stories of people taking action. Succeeding or failing, doesn’t matter. The fact that you are doing SOMETHING brings you closer to reaching your goals.

My action: In my PM to ICK I talked to him about how I thought I was taking action but his posts made me realize that it was only passive action, not Active Action. That same day after my slowlane job, I went to the stores I want to sell my product in to feel out if they were interested. Two stores I had in mind. First one, walked in, was greeted by the salesperson. Here we go, ready to take action. Nope, I completely froze up, didn’t know what to ask, say, nothing. Ended up walking around the store and left. Store two. EXACT same scenario. Crash and burn.

At first I was demoralized, knowing I could do better. But after a little while I changed my thoughts. Yes I failed but that is two failures (of the many to come) out of the way. Two failures closer to success.

Determined to improve, I went back to the same stores just one day later (today). I held conversations with sales people at both stores this time! Realized the first store was not a viable option for me to sell at. The second store I met the owner and will meet with him about selling my product when I have it in hand (2-3 weeks). In talking with the store owner, I heard of some difficulties the store has. It is that easy to find needs.

Moral: TAKE ACTION. Fail. Succeed. It doesn’t matter. Just leave the phone and computer behind. Get off your couch and talk with people face to face. That’s when the real business ideas are found. NOT TOMORROW, NOT THIS WEEKEND, NOW.

IceCreamKid

With Great Power Comes Great Electricity Bill
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2,184%
Jun 8, 2010
California
I’ve noticed over the last two years IceCreamKid’s replies have been less frequent and less enthusiastic. Yes, of course he is probably much busier with his own businesses to keep dishing out free GOLDEN advice on a silver platter but if you pay attention you’ll notice he tells exactly why his enthusiasm has decreased.

NO ONE IS TAKING ACTION!

At the heart of everything, my posts have been less frequent because I read a book called The Art of Selfishness. That book should be mandatory reading because it explains the psychology behind MJ's story of getting into Chuma mode.

The book mainly focuses on how we need to be "selfish" in order to maximize how we add value to the world. You become a bit more selfish with giving out your time and resources so that you can focus on building your fastlane systems. By doing that, you are able to quickly build vehicles that give value to the marketplace. So in a weird sense you're not being selfish at all. You're leveraging your impact on the world.

I'm also knee deep in 5 different client acquisition strategies. The sales process is different from 99% of the competitors in the space because while everyone is saying, "I offer XYZ Service. Let me know if you're interested" I'm having the services performed upfront for free(without their permission btw) to bring results to the clients in advance so they know I'm not BSing them. I think MJ did something like that with Limos.com.

The easiest sale is to perform services in advance for free so they can see with their own eyes that what you're offering can actually help them. That's the whole point of this thread man. Quit being a self-focused individual and help somebody.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.