The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The "Astonishing Secrets" Thread

falcon87pl

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
307%
Apr 6, 2014
Poland
I would take the easy job, 5 hours a day to work on your own fastlane
I have analyzed it carefully and my current job outweighs that offer in case of 5 factors that I have to take into consideration. As you said this 5 hours are very alluring but I can't be sure that after completing the whole team it is still going to look that way. My friend has been working there only for a few weeks so it's possible that she can't she the whole picture.

I read today pages 12-15 and loved posts concerning marriage. Especially that I experienced most of what was mentioned and can fully confirmed that women want to feel secure and see that we are not changing our minds and businesses every 2 weeks. If you can provide that two things you can expect her support. I had big credit of trust after my first attempt of earning money online becuase it worked perfectly for both of us and we earn some nice money in 3 months ( drop auctions). After that I thought that I'm on my way and nothing can't stop me(started my own company, joined 3 different MLM companies and try some other stuff). After 1,5 year I had no money, no job and almost no experience to write down in resume.

That 2 years taught me more than 18 years of formal education and I'm not going to make the same mistakes. Joining the mentioned company would be a mistake in my case.

If you don't know what the wall is, you speed up and hit the wall then this is ignorance. You should have asked somebody about that wall thing or googled it. But if after the hit you stand up, brush off and speed up one more time on the wall then it is stupidity.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

IceCreamKid

With Great Power Comes Great Electricity Bill
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2,185%
Jun 8, 2010
California
How To Reach Out To A Mentor

I got a funny PM yesterday. Hey man, I’m so sorry I’m using your message as an example but I want to help you and others see the difference between an effective email and a not so effective one. You know I still love the hell outta you's!

Anyway, this is the message he sent me:

“I was wondering if I could ever hit you up on skype or telephone?”

My initial reaction was, “Wait…what? Who are you? What did you want to discuss? What business are you in? I don’t know anything about you or your intentions”. I’m sure he had genuine intentions, but his PM was so vague it left me simply confused.

Here’s a formula that never lets me down when I want to reach out to somebody. AIDA

A-Get attention

I-Build interest

D-Create desire

A-Call to action

Hi IceCreamKid,

(Attention)

I’ve been digging around the forum and found some of your posts quite compelling. Thank you so much for that.

(Interest)

I am in the process of building an e-commerce biz and am currently reaching out to people who already have successful businesses in my niche.

(Action/Desire)

Would you be open for a quick phone chat so I can ask about what you’re doing to push your business forward?

(Desire)

If you’re interested, I’d be more than happy to share with you the information that I’ve found from other successful biz guys in our niche.

Looking forward to hearing from you,

DrunkChocolateKid

Do you see how this method attempts to make it a win-win for all parties involved? That's how business works. Make it a win for your investors, business partners, your customers, and yourself.

Last edited:

IceCreamKid

EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2,185%
Jun 8, 2010
California
Welcome To The Desert of Desertion

The guppy tank is in the desert of desertion phase right now and it is an amazing thing. Why is that, you ask? It means that we’re taking action and moving forward. If we were just reading books all day then we’d never get to the desert and wouldn’t be any closer to the pond of abundance.

transition-curve-slide.jpg

It’s always important to know where you are located on this graph.

Keep pushing and put in the work yo.

Many people want to be MJ...but they don't want to be the MJ that toiled for years taking action and putting 10,000 hours into perfecting his craft.

Many people want to be Bill Gates...but not the Bill Gates that never took a day off from age 20 to 30. It took him 10 years to hit the big leagues.

Many people want to be Warren Buffett ...but not the Warren Buffett who started reading about investing at age 7. He made his first million 25 years after that. 25 YEARS!!!

You can do it. Just put in the work. When things start to really suck, be grateful for it because that means you're actually doing something and moving towards your destiny.

chrisbiz4444

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
51%
Aug 9, 2013
RI
What’s up guys. Some of you may remember me from my thread in which I thanked zen******* for dropping wisdom bombs all over the world. If you haven’t checked that thread out, please take a look at it and get moving with learning copywriting so you can learn how to print your own money(legally).

I’m starting this thread because Z told me to share the ice cream with others. I have mad respect for the guy so naturally it had to be done. By golly, all I used to have was a little pint of ice cream for myself and now I have an ice cream factory for everybody to eat from! There is a seat reserved for you at the table of abundance, but it’s up to you to work for it.

I will be explaining the secret Zen side of the Dolphin that he never speaks of, but has become glaringly obvious to those who study the WHY and HOW behind his posts.

But before I dive into giving you some ice cream, a little bit about myself…

27 years old. Was a wantrepreneur for a long time, but didn’t even know it. Yup, I ain’t the sharpest tool in the shed. Started a bunch of different businesses for all the wrong reasons so I ultimately failed at each one. A few years into it, I finally hit the bottom and got sick of the shit life I was living so I wrote into my journal and started reflecting. It went something like, “I’m tired of who I am. Tired of the life I’m living. Tired of seeing all my friends get ahead in their corporate job while I’m here trying to figure things out. Just sick of my life in general”. Bottom line, I was at my lowest point and the fire under my a$$ was burning so hot that I had no other choice but to take some dedicated immediate action to get real results…or risk being forever frustrated in the hamster wheel of the 9-5.

Studied zen*******’s posts very closely and began to read in between the lines of what he was saying. I wasn’t looking for business strategies. I wanted to know and understand the mindset behind the madman. Why was he doing X? How was he doing Y?

Started learning copy. I read some books and copied some sales letters by hand for a few months. My day looked something like this: Work the 9-5. Go home pissed as hell at my boss. Drink, write copy, drink, write copy, pass out drunk. Repeat for a long time until I got a good grasp of writing copy. I don’t recommend drinking to learn copy…ice cream seems to work pretty well too. Drinking is fun though…I’d rather burn as bright as a 1,000 watt bulb and burn out in 10-minutes than live life like a 10-watt bulb for the next 40 years.

Armed with my new knowledge of copy, I set forth to start a software business. While interviewing many different people in many different industries, I discovered a real need that couldn’t be solved online but could be taken care of offline…I prefer offline businesses anyway so I jumped into it head first. You can start an offline business faster because you don’t have to spend months on software development.

30 days later my sales were in the low 5-figure range. Let me tell you…when you go from making crap money and barely scraping to get by, to suddenly making 5-figures a month the feeling is sweeter than a gallon of ice cream.

That’s my story in a nutshell. I left out a lot of the details of the mental struggle: broken heart, angry parents, isolated friends, etc.

I will respectfully decline any requests to disclose what my business is. This forum was once a close knit group of homies, but with the success of MJ’s book there are now tons of new members and a few took the liberty of stealing from some of the greatest contributors here. The mindset is 80% of the game anyway and that’s what I’m trying to teach here.

On to the lessons…

Hey I really like your story. I can relate being down and out with the wannatrepuner stuff. I am there now, consistently second guessing myself. Last week I gave up on my site. Not because I gave up on the fast-lane dream as a whole but because It does not feel "real".The site I was building was going to be an info site with a cookbook but It wasn't for me. It doesn't feel like I was building a real business with something tangible to offer. I lost interest quickly. Another problem I have is putting my name on the things I build because they truly suck and I know it. I am a terrible programmer/ website creation person. I have almost 0 tech skills. My sites often look terrible and the content I write often is just as bad. So it has been really hard to stand behind something and promote it knowing it is garbage. I feel like you need to believe in what your selling and the things I have produced so far I dont. Idk if anyone has ran into this psychological roadblock before?

Learning copy is great and I feel like it is something I could grasp already being a good sales person. As far as software goes, I wouldn't even know how or where to start and I would love to know how you did on the tech side of things. I am sure outsourcing would be expensive. On top of that techincial support to keep up with the software must very expensive if you are not a tech guy. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I really enjoyed your post. thanks for sharing it.
Congrats on your success.

chrisbiz4444

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
51%
Aug 9, 2013
RI
She started out broke just working menial jobs. Chick pinched her pennies hard to get through those times.

After saving up some money, she took a shot at just rehabbing single family homes to pile up the cash. She called them "lipstick jobs" because all she did was put on a fresh coat of paint on the exterior/interior, new carpets, and maybe a few other minor things.

She got bored of that and started buying underperforming apartment complexes, fixing them up and filling the vacancies then selling them once they're stabilized. She pooled money from other investors to buy the apartments. THAT PART WAS NOT EASY. Do not get into that business unless you're good at selling and are willing to work your a$$ off.

She got burned out from working so hard and started buying shitty old homes in California then completely tearing them down and building nice homes in their place. At this point she was doing very little of the work. She would just hire that out. For the area she was building homes in, most of the buyers were out of state investors so she decided to start a property management company to manage the properties for them after the sale.

Property management is a dope business because in a sense you're borrowing someone's asset and getting a piece of their cashflow without putting any money down. I tried starting a property management company a few years back, but it failed because I didn't have the Dolphin mindset yet. I'm pretty sure if I tried it again it would be successful. Once you have the right mindset, everything seems to fall into place. The problem is that the mindset doesn't come by just reading books and posts on here...you'll get a basic idea of it from reading, but it really gets solidified in your mind when you experience it firsthand in the trenches.

She's pretty much retired now. I love her soooo much and have the highest admiration for her. But yea, not all millionaires these days are created online. I really like offline business. Actually I like both haha damnit I like diving into everything, it's fun.

Let me tell you something though...Success doesn't necessarily lead to happiness. Happiness is the definition of success. She's so bored right now and trying to find purpose in her life. Shoot, sometimes I feel the same. I think that's why I post here...we all want meaning, you feel me?

I really like this post. I have been reading them for the last hour and this is great. This forum is packed with great info but most of it seems like It is geared towards online business. Hearing all the online success story's makes you really doubt or second guess traditional business. Real estate is great and I love how you can build positive cashflow from it. It is nice to hear a success story offline.

IceCreamKid

EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2,185%
Jun 8, 2010
California
I got a PM today from this guy who sounds like so many who have come before him. I hope my response can help somebody out there.

"I am having some huge mental blocks and I have turned into someone full of doubt and no direction in business. If you are still open to chat, it would be awesome. If not I also understand. Regardless thanks for the great thread."

Bro, have no fear! Feeling this way is quite normal, especially when you’re starting out in business. If you are lost and have clue where to even begin, I invite you to first think very seriously about this concept called the Law of 33%.

Basically you divide your time with 3 different groups of people.

33% of your time is spent helping those who are currently less successful than you.

33% of your time is spent with those on a similar level as you, but moving towards a similar direction.

33% of your time is spent with those who are more ‘successful’ than you and have many years of experience under their belt.

Most people spend 100% of their time with broke people because it’s easier to hang out with people who only talk about how much money they’re GOING to make one day. We become like those who we spend most of our time with. True story, back when I was a lost college kid I had a huge crush on a girl who just so happened to smoke weed daily. We started talking and hanging out so you can guess what happened. I smoked weed regularly for 3 months until I realized that I had a hard time breathing when lifting iron at the gym. Associate yourself with good people. I live and die by that.

Now it’s possible that you feel like you’re at rock bottom and there isn’t anyone less successful than you. If that is the case, read a ton of books and hang out with successful people so that you become a person of value. Hanging out with go getters often enough will rub off on you, I promise you that.

Helping others is extremely important for 2 reasons:

1. It’s just straight up good for the soul. It feels good and creates a mindset of abundance.

2. Other successful people understand the concept of giving back and tend to help others who believe in the same ideology.

So yea, step away from this “I’ve gotta be successful” mindset and follow the Law of 33% for a bit. Help ALL the people in the 3 groups with zero attachment to what you can gain for yourself.

If your life doesn’t change within 12 months of actively doing that, I’ll send you a gift card for Baskin Robbins ice cream.

IAmTheJeff

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Mar 5, 2014
Philadelphia, Pa
zen*******. What is there to say about an aquatic mammal?

Well there's plenty. In April, I was standing at the window of the ice cream shop, staring at the wondrous selection of flavors, trying to find out how to get inside to take a closer look. Vigilante caught me looking, and showed me where the door was. I stepped inside, to be met by Z, who told me to give him a cover charge. I obliged, sent him 10 checks, and in I went.

There was a catch. I had to keep trying to get ice cream once I stepped past him, or the checks would be cashed and he would become $1,000 richer.

For a month, I kept reaching, trying to get behind the counter. I wanted to get that ice cream! Vig and others acknowledged my effort, but not the door-dolphin. He'd congratulate me on small success and efforts, but held those checks in front of me, waiting for me to fail.

Today I reached in to the freezer with a scoop and a cone ready to accept a helping. Pulling out a large scoop of ice cream, I dropped it on the floor before it reached my cone. I FAILED! I MISSED THE CONE!!!!!!!

Zen finally acknowledged my progress. I've learned what most never will.

When a wise man speaks, listen. When he is silent, listen harder.

My first epic failure is my first huge stepping stone to what will eventually be my own ice cream empire. Today, I toss that ice cream scoop, and reach for a different flavor.

I've never been more excited to fail, and I hope the next one is even better.

Carry on :happy:

Last edited:

IceCreamKid

EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2,185%
Jun 8, 2010
California
I've never been more excited to fail, and I hope the next one is even better.

HOLY SMOKE, BATMAN...THE MAN'S MINDSET HAS BEEN SHIFTED.

We celebrate failure in the ice cream shop. You have no idea how much we celebrate it hahah the desert of desertion doesn't even hurt when you celebrate everything.

@zen******* I don't know what kind of voodoo magic you have done to this Jeff guy but I like the flavor.

Last edited:

Iwokeup

Aut viam invenium aut faciam
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 23, 2014
The East Coast
Welcome To The Desert of Desertion

The guppy tank is in the desert of desertion phase right now and it is an amazing thing. Why is that, you ask? It means that we’re taking action and moving forward. If we were just reading books all day then we’d never get to the desert and wouldn’t be any closer to the pond of abundance.

transition-curve-slide.jpg

It’s always important to know where you are located on this graph.

Keep pushing and put in the work yo.

Many people want to be MJ...but they don't want to be the MJ that toiled for years taking action and putting 10,000 hours into perfecting his craft.

Many people want to be Bill Gates...but not the Bill Gates that never took a day off from age 20 to 30. It took him 10 years to hit the big leagues.

Many people want to be Warren Buffett ...but not the Warren Buffett who started reading about investing at age 7. He made his first million 25 years after that. 25 YEARS!!!

You can do it. Just put in the work. When things start to really suck, be grateful for it because that means you're actually doing something and moving towards your destiny.
Hah! I'm at Informed Pessimism right now....

Thanks for posting this man.

IAmTheJeff

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Mar 5, 2014
Philadelphia, Pa
DUDE...THE MAN'S MINDSET HAS BEEN SHIFTED
Absolutely! The prescription for getting the ice cream is as follows:
1. Get a job at ice cream shop
2. Ask everyone what flavor ice cream they want
3. Serve that ice cream like no one ever has before
4. Grab a big bowl at the end of your shift. Free ice cream for being the best ice cream scooper in all the land!

IAmTheJeff

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Mar 5, 2014
Philadelphia, Pa
@zen******* I don't know what kind of voodoo magic you have done to this Jeff guy but I like the flavor.
No voodoo magic haha, just a bit of accountability. The magic part of learning from zen is that he doesn't tell you what you need to know, but pushes until you learn it yourself.

Strangest experience, but effective and enlightening. He takes "teach a man to fish" a few steps further. He says "catch a fish for yourself" and watches you try to use your hands. You look over like "is this right???" and he just laughs, "nope".

If someone gives you a specific actionable plan laid out in front of you, chances are you will do nothing with it. If he says "go get it or starve, and I'm taking your money if you fail to learn," you make up your own plan and execute, even if you may fail. That's where the lessons are learned. That's the voodoo magic.

chrisbiz4444

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
51%
Aug 9, 2013
RI
I got a PM today from this guy who sounds like so many who have come before him. I hope my response can help somebody out there.

"I am having some huge mental blocks and I have turned into someone full of doubt and no direction in business. If you are still open to chat, it would be awesome. If not I also understand. Regardless thanks for the great thread."

Bro, have no fear! Feeling this way is quite normal, especially when you’re starting out in business. If you are lost and have clue where to even begin, I invite you to first think very seriously about this concept called the Law of 33%.

Basically you divide your time with 3 different groups of people.
33% of your time is spent helping those who are currently less successful than you.

33% of your time is spent with those on a similar level as you, but moving towards a similar direction.

33% of your time is spent with those who are more ‘successful’ than you and have many years of experience under their belt.

Most people spend 100% of their time with broke people because it’s easier to hang out with people who only talk about how much money they’re GOING to make one day. We become like those who we spend most of our time with. True story, back when I was a lost college kid I had a huge crush on a girl who just so happened to smoke weed daily. We started talking and hanging out so you can guess what happened. I smoked weed regularly for 3 months until I realized that I had a hard time breathing when lifting iron at the gym. Associate yourself with good people. I live and die by that.

Now it’s possible that you feel like you’re at rock bottom and there isn’t anyone less successful than you. If that is the case, read a ton of books and hang out with successful people so that you become a person of value. Hanging out with go getters often enough will rub off on you, I promise you that.

Helping others is extremely important for 2 reasons:

1. It’s just straight up good for the soul. It feels good and creates a mindset of abundance.

2. Other successful people understand the concept of giving back and tend to help others who believe in the same ideology.

So yea, step away from this “I’ve gotta be successful” mindset and follow the Law of 33% for a bit. Help ALL the people in the 3 groups with zero attachment to what you can gain for yourself.

If your life doesn’t change within 12 months of actively doing that, I’ll send you a gift card for Baskin Robbins ice cream.

I agree with you completely. However I have found finding the 33% that are truly where you want to be hard to connect with in real life. I simply can not find these people and If I do they seem to busy to become friends and build a relationship with.

On the other end of things I know you are a big advocate for copywriting. If I plan to do a offline business what would be the use for copy? Say Real estate for example.

IAmTheJeff

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Mar 5, 2014
Philadelphia, Pa
On the other end of things I know you are a big advocate for copywriting. If I plan to do a offline business what would be the use for copy? Say Real estate for example.
I've never seen a real estate ad that said only and exactly "House for sale" with the address and a contact number..........

IAmTheJeff

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Mar 5, 2014
Philadelphia, Pa
Think about it. Writing copy is literally your permit to print money. If you can write solid copy, you will be able to sell something you bought on clearance at Walmart for twice the retail price. You'll be able to sell the button that fell off of your pants. You can literally sell anything to any market. If you can engage them, tell them a story, make them feel good, and explain why they need your product, they will happily open their wallet, because they see value in what you're offering.

chrisbiz4444

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
51%
Aug 9, 2013
RI
Think about it. Writing copy is literally your permit to print money. If you can write solid copy, you will be able to sell something you bought on clearance at Walmart for twice the retail price. You'll be able to sell the button that fell off of your pants. You can literally sell anything to any market. If you can engage them, tell them a story, make them feel good, and explain why they need your product, they will happily open their wallet, because they see value in what you're offering.

I have heard this many times on this forum lol. I know copy is a very valuable skill to learn. However I just didnt know how valuable it was outside the world of internet marketing.

IceCreamKid

EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2,185%
Jun 8, 2010
California
However I have found finding the 33% that are truly where you want to be hard to connect with in real life. I simply can not find these people and If I do they seem to busy to become friends and build a relationship with.

Is this the truth? Are they really hard to connect with? Or are you the one being difficult to connect with?

There is an interesting force within the universe that many do not see...the yin and the yang side of life. At the heart of everything, the bottom line is this: if you want something from the world then you must give it away first.

If you want power then be the guy who EMPOWERS people. If you want abundance then give abundantly. If you want love, you give love. If you want friends, you give your friendship.

I don't have any statistical evidence to prove this concept, but I can tell you that my life has so far been a manifestation of it.

Here's the crazy catch about all of this though...you don't necessarily RECEIVE from the same direction that you GAVE. Everything ultimately balances out though. Giving your friendship to a particular person doesn't necessarily mean that they will give their friendship back, BUT you will likely receive friendship from someone else to offset this.

Look at the Dolphin's life. The guy EMPOWERS people on an amazing level. What ends up happening? People from all over the place are willing to leave everything that's safe and comfortable to them just to get a shot at working with him even though there is no guarantee of success...that's the secret power: you GIVE abundance away, then you RECEIVE abundance.

All of this connects to the very first post of this thread: love others.

jazb

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
233%
Nov 24, 2013
The U.K
I love it ICK. I really have to reiterate about what you said about offline businesses. They are becoming such a pastime because everyone thinks they need to build the next facebook to get rich.

My friends dad is an incredibly wealthy guy. you know what he owns? corner shops. Has a bunch of them all over the place. makes a killing.
Old, rich boring businesses are a great thing.
Even better, i know a guy who owns 4 fish and chip shops in good areas (but only a 4 mile radius). he takes a lot of pride in his food (creating value).They are always busy, Always. the guy is sat on a beach right now.
Another, this guy owns 3 bars in different cities. Targeted a niche, made it a classy place with expensive drinks. it keeps out the trouble makers and keeps in the people with money.

ok i don't want to hijack the thread. all i am saying is - do not underestimate offline businesses. many of them are rich and stand the test of time.
Don't think for a second that you have to make an app to get wealthy. The fastlane is everywhere !

Burned The Boats

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
May 28, 2014
I love it ICK. I really have to reiterate about what you said about offline businesses. They are becoming such a pastime because everyone thinks they need to build the next facebook to get rich.

My friends dad is an incredibly wealthy guy. you know what he owns? corner shops. Has a bunch of them all over the place. makes a killing.
Old, rich boring businesses are a great thing.
Even better, i know a guy who owns 4 fish and chip shops in good areas (but only a 4 mile radius). he takes a lot of pride in his food (creating value).They are always busy, Always. the guy is sat on a beach right now.
Another, this guy owns 3 bars in different cities. Targeted a niche, made it a classy place with expensive drinks. it keeps out the trouble makers and keeps in the people with money.

ok i don't want to hijack the thread. all i am saying is - do not underestimate offline businesses. many of them are rich and stand the test of time.
Don't think for a second that you have to make an app to get wealthy. The fastlane is everywhere !

Opening up one shop you mentioned would cost a great deal of money and much higher risk of completely failing. Also you need to hire people, more money.

IAmTheJeff

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Mar 5, 2014
Philadelphia, Pa
Opening up one shop you mentioned would cost a great deal of money and much higher risk of completely failing. Also you need to hire people, more money.
Each and every one of those comments is a limiting belief. These will keep you from getting where you want to be. If you think it's too hard, then you're right. It will be too hard. Because you won't apply yourself 190% and make it happen.

Burned The Boats

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
May 28, 2014
Each and every one of those comments is a limiting belief. These will keep you from getting where you want to be. If you think it's too hard, then you're right. It will be too hard. Because you won't apply yourself 190% and make it happen.

I know what a limiting belief is, thats not a limiting belief its logic. You cant open a store without A LOT of cash... unless you want to be open for one month.

Mark Cuban: "If you start a business on a loan, your a moron"

HarryR

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
May 21, 2013
NC, USA or traveling
I know what a limiting belief is, thats not a limiting belief its logic. You cant open a store without A LOT of cash... unless you want to be open for one month.

Mark Cuban: "If you start a business on a loan, your a moron"
if it's a really big idea than you can probably find investors that will give you all the cash you need. or so ive been told.

Burned The Boats

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
May 28, 2014
if it's a really big idea than you can probably find investors that will give you all the cash you need. or so ive been told.

I just read read, "You're an amateur if you seek investors before you have customers" Customers, aka already having the business up and running.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
When you love others with a genuine heart, you become more present to their feelings which include their pains and needs. You approach them from the position of, “How can I improve this person’s life? How can I add value to this person’s life?” as opposed to, “Where can I get money? COME ON GIVE ME THE MONEY!”.

Hmm...This was why I almost left this forum. Sorry to say! I've already learned this truth! Money is grand and all, but the it comes down to this and I know because I've worked for the wealthy and elderly. Money is a double edged sword. Has nothing to do with whether your rich or poor. The gangsta will kill someone for a baggy of weed. Over a dollar bill out of anger. A millionaire will kill and back up genocide. Money is an important focus, but you let it control your life you will be alone as a millionaire at the end of your life with someone like me. Paying me to talk to you because you've lost every relationship in your life over money. Not to mention the damage from stress and if you're one of the one's that get a disease. Your money ain't crap. Your family fights over your money while you sit in a nursing home in rags. Let's be real here! There's a careful balance. You can have love and money, but if you just decide to vote for money, you're a millionaire that dies alone and regrets it.

I've been in those home as a nurse aide, if your lucky enough you make the right choices, you be stupid about it, you only have yourself to blame. Napoleon Hill was a smart man! When you have a rich heart! The money will follow!

Last edited:

HarryR

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
May 21, 2013
NC, USA or traveling
I just read read, "You're an amateur if you seek investors before you have customers" Customers, aka already having the business up and running.
Get creative. The advice I got was in the context of creating a business designed to help other businesses with a lot of money.

Ask wealthy potential customers their feedback to help design the product, industry experts.
When they are absolutely in love with it, and want to be a customer, start selling the business.
You should have validated the idea with lots of people in the industry by this point as well, and finding the right industry INSIDERS to invest in you will not only give you the money you need, but will give you the connections you need to sell your product on a much larger scale.

edit: I am an amateur and wouldn't try to hide it, although I probably wouldn't advertise it.

Burned The Boats

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
May 28, 2014
Get creative. The advice I got was in the context of creating a business designed to help other businesses with a lot of money.

Ask wealthy potential customers their feedback to help design the product, industry experts.
When they are absolutely in love with it, and want to be a customer, start selling the business.
You should have validated the idea with lots of people in the industry by this point as well, and finding the right industry INSIDERS to invest in you will not only give you the money you need, but will give you the connections you need to sell your product on a much larger scale.

edit: I am an amateur and wouldn't try to hide it, although I probably wouldn't advertise it.

Why would a potential customer help me design the product?

Burned The Boats

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
May 28, 2014
When you love others with a genuine heart, you become more present to their feelings which include their pains and needs. You approach them from the position of, “How can I improve this person’s life? How can I add value to this person’s life?” as opposed to, “Where can I get money? COME ON GIVE ME THE MONEY!”.

Hmm...This was why I almost left this forum. Sorry to say! I've already learned this truth! Money is grand and all, but the it comes down to this and I know because I've worked for the wealthy and elderly. Money is a double edged sword. Has nothing to do with whether your rich or poor. The gangsta will kill someone for a baggy of weed. Over a dollar bill out of anger. A millionaire will kill and back up genocide. Money is an important focus, but you let it control your life you will be alone as a millionaire at the end of your life with someone like me. Paying me to talk to you because you've lost every relationship in your life over money. Not to mention the damage from stress and if you're one of the one's that get a disease. Your money ain't crap. Your family fights over your money while you sit in a nursing home in rags. Let's be real here! There's a careful balance. You can have love and money, but if you just decide to vote for money, you're a millionaire that dies alone and regrets it.

I've been in those home as a nurse aide, if your lucky enough you make the right choices, you be stupid about it, you only have yourself to blame. Napoleon Hill was a smart man! When you have a rich heart! The money will follow!

When you first come to the forum you quickly learn, provide value is the only thing that counts. Is money important? Yes. But if your a money chaser, as MJ says, your always going to lose.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Yes so far I've only learned people are money focused. lol And money hungry and some of them because they don't know better ready to jump off a cliff and get injured because they forget their is a process, personal development, because I've never seen a successful business man succeed without knowing all the facts and knowledge it takes to get there. What ever the product is and customer is you better know something, or you end up with nothing.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.