The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

That's all.

Anything related to matters of the mind

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Wot, no website or business cards?

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Don't worry, over the next few years he'll realise this was a fluke and there's lots of things he absolutely needs to do before he even considers making a sale again.

Then he'll be primed to consume instead of produce, and we'll be able to sell loads of stuff to him.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Aimegit de moncu

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Oct 8, 2016
i don't really understand what the point of the topic is. to prove that you can make a few bucks by beating the capitalist system ?

this is very easy. let me grab my guitar and go downtown.

i promise you, i will make 20 dollars within the next hour . this is not a breakthrough.

Last edited:

devine

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Apr 16, 2015
Russia
i don't really understand what is the point of the topic. to prove that you can make a few buks by beating the capitalist system ?

i promise you, i will make 20 dollars within the next hour . this is not a breakthrough.
In my place you won't make 20 dollars even if you stand there for 10 hours playing Vivaldi.
But you will make much more than 20 dollars selling aloe.

Playing guitar in downtown is sidewalk. Your 20 bucks today will be the same 20 bucks 10 years later.
Selling aloe is fastlane. His pennies will become fortune if he keeps it up.
In case you don't understand this concept, read this book: http://www.themillionairefastlane.com/buy.php

jsk29

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
314%
Jul 30, 2014
US
i don't really understand what is the point of the topic. to prove that you can make a few bucks by beating the capitalist system ?

That one perspective.

Another perspective:

A 14-year old made 300% ROI reselling a product via cold door-to-door sales, having invested $4 and (a couple?) hours.

Which is more sales and real action than many wantrepreneurs who invest hundreds of dollars into incorporation, business cards, marketing courses, logo design, etc. see.

edit: I'm guilty of the above too

Invictus

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
Apr 6, 2016
Louisiana
i don't really understand what is the point of the topic. to prove that you can make a few bucks by beating the capitalist system ?

I'm relatively sure that they are complimenting the fact that he is 14 and able to make sales, without getting stuck up on things. Full-grown adults would argue that in order to sell [blank] you have to set up a website, and then get business cards, and then meet with people. This kid is 14 and proved them wrong.

As Andy says, You don't need a website, you need sales.

It isn't that he made a few bucks. It's that he took action and made a profit, when many others would still be wondering how to get their brand out there.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Great discussion so far - one more thing to add in the mix: did anyone spot the b2b lead they generated too?
Yes. He made a sale, then talked about it. Doing that made him more sales.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I'm relatively sure that they are complimenting the fact that he is 14 and able to make sales, without getting stuck up on things. Full-grown adults would argue that in order to sell [blank] you have to set up a website, and then get business cards, and then meet with people. This kid is 14 and proved them wrong.

As Andy says, You don't need a website, you need sales.

It isn't that he made a few bucks. It's that he took action and made a profit, when many others would still be wondering how to get their brand out there.
Yep.

Related posts:

AustinS28

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Sep 25, 2014
Manhattan, NY
I used to do stuff like this as a kid all the time.

It was nice when my neighbors would buy things from me just because I was ten.

I setup a sea food business one summer with a friend. We sold live crabs and clams to our neighbors going door to door with fliers and got phone calls.

People would place an order and we'd catch the crabs and clams. Obviously we were breaking regulations selling seafood to people, but we paid two kids with a boat in PlayStation video games to get the crabs.

Agh the good old days.

Anyways people with the hustle of the kid in the OP definitely don't lose that mindset in all the cases I've witnessed myself included.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.