The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Thanksgiving? “It’s just another day”

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE
How many of yall aspiring fastlaners are working/hustling creating today??? Just because its a holiday dont mean $hit!

I woke up this morning and called one of my local area mentors (he has made a fortune dong earth moving/excavating menial work by scaling his trucks and gaining contracts upon contracts in five neighboring counties..) he said he was working all day I said “really? On thanksgiving?” He exclaimed “its just another day” that got me thinking, damn this is why he has made it... I finished a udemy course and began to read more into import/export clauses; and ordered another sample from my supplier overseas. I think this mindset is a must and will help me propel forward in 2018. I anticipate working on Christmas New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Fine tuning an eBay store while the turkey hangover wears off.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Getting sick on shit I should not be eating. (And drinking.) ;)

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
How many of yall aspiring fastlaners are working/hustling creating today??? Just because its a holiday dont mean $hit!

I woke up this morning and called one of my local area mentors (he has made a fortune dong earth moving/excavating menial work by scaling his trucks and gaining contracts upon contracts in five neighboring counties..) he said he was working all day I said “really? On thanksgiving?” He exclaimed “its just another day” that got me thinking, damn this is why he has made it... I finished a udemy course and began to read more into import/export clauses; and ordered another sample from my supplier overseas. I think this mindset is a must and will help me propel forward in 2018. I anticipate working on Christmas New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day!

Beautiful post. I believe for Fastlaners and Fastlaner students like myself, there's no such thing as "holidays", all BS to me.

Xmas eve is coming, Xmas is coming, New Year eve and New Year is coming, I see everyone is in the holiday party mood, and I really want to join in the fun. Hot chicks everywhere, foam bubble parties, traveling to exotic countries (don't understand how people earning low wages can have the $$$ to fund all these)....but I have to hustle as usual, then when I've unscripted my life, I can enjoy those holidays. ;)

The good thing about the holiday season is that at a lot of white-collar office jobs, things start to slow down and you've even more time to hustle and work on your Fastlane project. That is a bonus! :p

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
When you have a job, you punch a timeclock and officially go "on the clock." From there forward, you make money. At least until you "punch out", hence, taking you "off the clock."

The beauty of Unscripted Entrepreneurship under Fastlane principles is that you go "on the clock" perpetually.

One day way back in 1997, sometime in October, I went "on the clock." Little did I know that I would never "punch out" ever again. I've been "on the clock" for 20 years. Every day, every hour, every minute. And because time is no longer an enemy of wealth (trade time for money) but an asset (make money through time) I've set myself free.

Get yourself "off the clock" and there will never be an income holiday for the rest of your life.

Last edited:

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
When you have a job, you punch a timeclock and officially go "on the clock." From there forward, you make money. At least until you "punch out", hence, taking you "off the clock."

The beauty of Unscripted Entrepreneurship under Fastlane principles is that you go "on the clock" perpetually.

One day way back in 1997, sometime in October, I went "on the clock." Little did I know that it would never "punch out" ever again. I've been "on the clock" for 20 years. And because time is no longer an enemy of wealth (trade time for money) but an asset (make money through time) I've set myself free.

Get yourself "off the clock" and there will never my an income holiday for the rest of your life.

My favorite post of yours in a long, long time.

Reposted to Mind Your Business

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska

Our residential rentals and trust deeds paid off yesterday, Thanksgiving, just like every other day of the year while we cross country skied. Passive income is like that. Even the self-service Laundromat, a Semi Passive Income, had some business yesterday and this weekend it should be really busy. Today my maintenance crew is off for the day after Thanksgiving. (I'm sure they all have really bad hang-overs.) So, this morning, after I unlocked the Laundromat, I'm sitting here in my office doing a couple hours of bookkeeping and giving thanks for everything -- particularly that my tenants, debtors, customers and crew are average folks who don't have my work habits, drive, skills and business brains. If they did, I wouldn't have these businesses.

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE
Today Black Friday i began my day with my local area mentor (working on getting my CDL through his trucks and help) this saves me 2400$ easily.. also got to meet his network and figure out how he does what he does even at 68 years old. He gave me loads of wisdom while riding along shadowing him all day. He said, “stay single” (he’s been divorced twice) old schooler lol; keep up your promises, always work, never let your guard down; dont trust nobody; and stay focused;

He clearly loves what he does and am grateful to have him give me some good pieces of advice.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011

I spent the morning at a coffee shop with my headphones plugged in, listening to binaural beats for focus.

Like you, it's just another day; and I stick with my morning routine.

Out of flow state, I typed out 6,800 words of content for a book/training program I'm creating on the topic of motivation. As I'm walking out of the coffee shop, I saw this guy I met at a meetup group the night before, and he seemed interested in what I have to offer, so I gave him my insights about how to find motivation in his life; we exchanged contact info and he'll buy my book/write a review on amazon when it's out.

Around noon, I walked out and it was 71 degrees, so I spent 3 hours hiking through the mountains.

23755233_1349674928474519_2773991490281487175_n.jpg

After the hike, I noticed that there was a vegan thanksgiving potluck going on, where about 10-15 people showed up; was there from 5 p.m. - 11p.m.

23755299_10155435478555432_7639994850852902803_n.jpg

Two other business owners were there. One was a women who owns the house (owns a company with about 25-30 employees) and talked to her about her journey from expanding from solo-preneur in the early 90's to the company she has today. The other business owner and were talking about how he might use his skills of SEO and marketing to become an advisor for a plant-based startup meal delivery service as part of his third business venture.

In the past, I used to prescribe to the mindset of working on my computer 24/7/365 on holidays, but now I've decided to find ways to balance the social aspects of days like this with also getting things done and moving forward with my business and life.

Ecom man

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
496%
Apr 17, 2014

I actually disagree with the thought of “it’s just another day” is required to “make it”. If you never take some time to unwind, rest, or do something that you want what is the point of the hustle? I don’t own a business so I can puff out my chest about my 12hr+ work days. I started a business to give myself time with family and friends.

I took the day off and spent it with family and friends. I watched some football, ate some turkey, played some games, and spent some time being thankful for all I have.

Black Friday? I was back to hustling.

B. Cole

In thine hand is power and might.
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
328%
Mar 5, 2017
East Coast
Went duck hunting with my lifelong hunting buddy and his son, decimated the population to the fullest legal limit. Thought about sell sheet layout and product purpose statements. Checked email, nothing but FLF alerts since yesterday.

Came home mid morning, checked email, wished everybody else was working on my product right now.

Did the turkey tango with my beloved and a couple of family members. Caught up on everybody’s drama, glad we had a no drama policy in my house.

Impatiently hit the email again, looked at sell sheets, considered learning solidworks so I wouldn’t have to wait for other people on holidays. Told myself, no Brian, you promised yourself you would outsource more and stop being the worker bee. Wore my brains out contemplating 3D image instead of prototype pics. Told myself no again, you need to get the prototype cause you already know you’re going to change it. Discovered an inaccuracy in my provisional patent app. Hope that don’t mess anything up, used the word “increasing” instead of “decreasing” in the description. Good job dork, I’ll explain it to legal next week when we meet.

Checked email again, nothing changed. Looked at licensing negotiation stuff. Wished everybody was working on my product.

xuyigang

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 15, 2015
Greenville SC

One day way back in 1997, sometime in October, I went "on the clock." Little did I know that I would never "punch out" ever again. I've been "on the clock" for 20 years. Every day, every hour, every minute. And because time is no longer an enemy of wealth (trade time for money) but an asset (make money through time) I've set myself free.

Get yourself "off the clock" and there will never be an income holiday for the rest of your life.

MJ what a powerful message!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.