The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

[TFLF Call Replay] - For teens & students getting started

Absar

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Jan 9, 2023
Video is processing on YouTube.
I'm heading to bed now!

View: https://youtu.be/6p3tDtYnl7s
Thanks a ton for doing the call andy,
the information was pure gold!

I attended the call but had to leave in between as my mum started yelling "What are you even doing at 2:40 am!?"

anyways, I watched the call on youtube.
The call helped me clear my windshield, had a lot of questions and doubts which got explained in the call.

Yesterday I asked my father if I can make a website for him and he said yes! working on it currently.
this would look good on a portfolio and maybe I can get some bucks too... (who knows)

Also, I've joined some FB groups, but I got a restriction of 2 days from joining any group which doesn't makes sense. What I found by looking at the groups is that there are A LOT of people promoting their web design services, It's very competitive in big groups, so I'll have to go deep and find specific groups which are not filled with spam.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Thanks a ton for doing the call andy,
the information was pure gold!

I attended the call but had to leave in between as my mum started yelling "What are you even doing at 2:40 am!?"

anyways, I watched the call on youtube.
The call helped me clear my windshield, had a lot of questions and doubts which got explained in the call.

Yesterday I asked my father if I can make a website for him and he said yes! working on it currently.
this would look good on a portfolio and maybe I can get some bucks too... (who knows)

Also, I've joined some FB groups, but I got a restriction of 2 days from joining any group which doesn't makes sense. What I found by looking at the groups is that there are A LOT of people promoting their web design services, It's very competitive in big groups, so I'll have to go deep and find specific groups which are not filled with spam.
Well done following the Mother Theresa quote in my signature.

What I found by looking at the groups is that there are A LOT of people promoting their web design services, It's very competitive in big groups, so I'll have to go deep and find specific groups which are not filled with spam.
How do you stand out from all the spam?

As I mentioned it on the call: Help people. Be seen helping people.

Promoting your services in a spammy way is unlikely to help people, and unlikely to help the group owner get the type of engagement they want.

I think it's down to the intention of the group owner. If it looks like they're trying to create a non spammy group then it could be a good community for you to learn and network in ... just remember that your goal is to build relationships and create win-wins, NOT to generate leads.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Rats I didn’t make it— it’s about to end. I’ll have to listen to the recording.
Hi Bella. Did you get to watch it all? I couldn't find the audio file for the recording on Zoom and haven't figured out how to strip the audio out of the video.

Curious what your main takeaways were and what you'll do differently going forward.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
I listened to alot of this, I didn't have time to go through the whole thing but i liked how you chatted with everyone on the call casually and made it very informal. Getting everyone involved in the conversation, and making them feel comfortable to jump in.

You have a way of guiding people and making them ponder things. Thinking of things and viewing them in a different light.

It is good the way this was a chat, and not telling the kids ''this is the way it has to be done'' im so great guru talk haha.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I listened to alot of this, I didn't have time to go through the whole thing but i liked how you chatted with everyone on the call casually and made it very informal. Getting everyone involved in the conversation, and making them feel comfortable to jump in.

You have a way of guiding people and making them ponder things. Thinking of things and viewing them in a different light.

It is good the way this was a chat, and not telling the kids ''this is the way it has to be done'' im so great guru talk haha.
Thanks for this interesting feedback Tim.

I'll create chapters for this, and maybe strip out sections for shorter videos, and not edit them down like I did previously. Editing down a chat is really hard, and it then loses some of its charm.

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Got it. I'll upload the call from Sunday to my SoundCloud!
Hi Bella. Did you get to watch it all? I couldn't find the audio file for the recording on Zoom and haven't figured out how to strip the audio out of the video.

Curious what your main takeaways were and what you'll do differently going forward.

I did! No worries the good thing about YouTube premium is I can close the app and play in background so I just played it from here and listened :)

Don’t be too disappointed but my main takeway/what clicked the most for me was your initial thoughts on how we get trained to do all the research up front.

Theoretically I knew it’s trial and error but my subconscious mind has been fighting it still, keeping me at the learning stage looking for courses and trying to know more before I act. When you guys said it it really sunk in that I’m wasting time at this point.

“I’m enough because I said so” I need to apply that too. I’m waaaay too much inside my own head, and looking for problems that haven’t even happened yet, and using that as an excuse to generate anxiety and stay still (again, subconsciously because nobody does it on purpose.)

If you guys do another call I’d love to be there, I’m down to share all I’ve read so far and about the things I’ve done so far, if it helps the younger folks. n_n

Chet Shen

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Jun 6, 2022
Sydney
I did! No worries the good thing about YouTube premium is I can close the app and play in background so I just played it from here and listened :)

Don’t be too disappointed but my main takeway/what clicked the most for me was your initial thoughts on how we get trained to do all the research up front.

Theoretically I knew it’s trial and error but my subconscious mind has been fighting it still, keeping me at the learning stage looking for courses and trying to know more before I act. When you guys said it it really sunk in that I’m wasting time at this point.

“I’m enough because I said so” I need to apply that too. I’m waaaay too much inside my own head, and looking for problems that haven’t even happened yet, and using that as an excuse to generate anxiety and stay still (again, subconsciously because nobody does it on purpose.)

If you guys do another call I’d love to be there, I’m down to share all I’ve read so far and about the things I’ve done so far, if it helps the younger folks. n_n
Share whatever you experience and read so far if you want! Would love to hear experiences and lessons learnt from experienced people!

Mr.Nichan

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Jul 18, 2023
Stockholm, Sweden
-Scarcity mindset around money is a problem for me, is there a framework, or a way to look at money to remove it?

I think I heard someone say or I might have seen a youtube video on it where someone said to withdraw (if possible) $1000 cash and have it on you constantly. That way you more and more will begin to feel that the cash amount in your pocket is not as significant as you previously have thought.

Before I started freelancing around 2 years ago as a developer I thought that invoicing more than $3-4k a month would be close to impossible. But now I feel it has been a good month if I haven't invoiced more than $10k. I think since I have seen the money flow and the bank account grow it has made me more comfortable with the new amounts.

I'm still trying to think in much higher levels after reading TFM since I have begun to understand the power of helping a much broader audience even if each person helped only generates a smaller amount of money.

Tomco

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Jan 9, 2023
Meant to reply much sooner, but been caught up with work recently. Just wanted to post a quick thank you for those who started and participated in the call. As someone who's in the early stages of entrepreneurship, I find it highly valuable when others clarify things better.

Essentially, in the words of Andy himself, focus more on the Who and why, and the what and how will naturally fall into place. It's that straight forward. Although I haven't made that coveted first sale yet, I've since focused more on my social skills (I was more of a shy, timid and reserved kind of guy) improving my communication with others.

And it really does work. As Andy points out in the vid, it creates this nice bubble where you view the world just a bit brighter.
An example from my personal life: Since I changed shifts for the summer (hence why I'm busier), I get to work on the outside kitchen, doing pizza. So now I had the opportunity of meeting tons of new people whom I didn't even know were working with the same company. So I took it upon myself to learn the names of each and every one of them. And it works wonders. People now start calling me by name, and some of them even approach me and we start little conversations here and there (what Andy mentions as well, finding that thing where the person is the most interested in).

I feel like I'm taking the slow and steady approach in this. Sometimes it feels like I'm running around with no clue what I'm doing. But by focusing on being sociable and helping others, I guess the other things just fall into place.

themohr

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jul 10, 2023
Colorado
Hi all.

@Lawtiti (who changed his forum name to @Chet Shen) created a Meetup Thread a few days ago and had a Zoom call with @ZCP who gave advice on getting started etc.

I offered to do a Zoom where I'll go through some of the main things I think holds people back when getting started, and how to get over them.

Feel free to bring questions or ask them in this thread.

If you're interested in joining then just reply below.

I'll record it and post it to this thread.

It will start at 10pm Dublin time (9pm GMT I believe). Knowing me it will likely go on for more than an hour.

EDIT: Full call uploaded here:

Here's an 8 minute section from the call:
View: https://youtu.be/Hy1shfNiy1k
I didn't have time to watch the whole meetup, but the 8 minute section was spot on. After so many years of going to learn and 'turning in an assignment' with only one chance to get it right, it's a difficult mindset to switch. But as a software developer, it's the best way to approach a problem. You have to see the big picture and then break it down into small pieces.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Meant to reply much sooner, but been caught up with work recently. Just wanted to post a quick thank you for those who started and participated in the call. As someone who's in the early stages of entrepreneurship, I find it highly valuable when others clarify things better.

Essentially, in the words of Andy himself, focus more on the Who and why, and the what and how will naturally fall into place. It's that straight forward. Although I haven't made that coveted first sale yet, I've since focused more on my social skills (I was more of a shy, timid and reserved kind of guy) improving my communication with others.

And it really does work. As Andy points out in the vid, it creates this nice bubble where you view the world just a bit brighter.
An example from my personal life: Since I changed shifts for the summer (hence why I'm busier), I get to work on the outside kitchen, doing pizza. So now I had the opportunity of meeting tons of new people whom I didn't even know were working with the same company. So I took it upon myself to learn the names of each and every one of them. And it works wonders. People now start calling me by name, and some of them even approach me and we start little conversations here and there (what Andy mentions as well, finding that thing where the person is the most interested in).

I feel like I'm taking the slow and steady approach in this. Sometimes it feels like I'm running around with no clue what I'm doing. But by focusing on being sociable and helping others, I guess the other things just fall into place.
My bad, I think I missed this reply.

I love how you've made your world a bit brighter by making other people's worlds a bit brighter first. Well done!

lifemaker

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Oct 26, 2023
1) Full call uploaded here:

2) An 8 minute section from the start of the call:

View: https://youtu.be/Hy1shfNiy1k

I started pulling some YouTube shorts out of this now. There's no need to pull funny faces when YouTube picks stills from your video as the thumbnail!

3) Short: Beware Limiting Beliefs:

View: https://youtube.com/shorts/fl7GEogsrhE?feature=share

4) Short: A Simple Trick To Overcome Imposter Syndrome:

View: https://youtube.com/shorts/yS5UCJkUbFI?feature=share
Thanks for the real value!

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

lifemaker

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Oct 26, 2023
You're welcome.

What were your takeaways?

My takeaways are:​

Overthinking – art of solving problems you don't have.
Just go do the first things first, you are enough. Start as close to the end as possible, don't overcomplicate the process.
Be a giver that has charitable limits.
Beware of takers.
Ask if they see value, or cost”

• Turn up on time
• Have manners
• Be really competent
• Do what you said or let them know why you have slipped

Procrastination – fear of starting,
Perfectionism – fear of finishing.
Do not invoice for input.

Start to help with ones closest to you and know that everyone around have challenges.
Be so good they can't ignore you
be seen helping people

say yes to everything for starting, and filter stuff to scale.
find what works well and continue.

Help people. Get results. Help more people.

As was said, value, not just relative.
Thanks again, and Good Probability to you!

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Turn up on time
• Have manners
• Be really competent
• Do what you said or let them know why you have slipped
You just have to be competent. You don't have to be really competent.

Maria 777

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Aug 4, 2022

audacity lets you open video files but shows only their sound and you can export this as an mp3. you can download audacity for free.

Last edited:

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.