The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

GOLD! Text / SMS Marketing, Any Case Studies from Fastlaners?

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
May 27, 2013
United States
It’s too personal a channel.
I used to think the same. I think you're in the minority now.

We would get very occasional complaints, but none since making sure to only text opt-ins.

Text is becoming less personal than it used to be.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
If my phone rings, I need to answer it. If someone texts me, I can take care of it when I have time. That seems WAY less personal to me. Not only that, I have proof of everything and a few times when I got lost on my income for the washer & dryer business, all I had to do was go back and there it was..... I text my wife for every sale and she puts it in a spread sheet for my office girl to record. And, I have every text anyone has ever sent me through phone and any other means (Voice/Phone.com). If someone says they bought something from me in August 2014, I quickly pull it up and not have to ask anyone else to help find it. I never erase a text.

Louisv

New Contributor
Oct 15, 2019
I haven't used SMS specifically, but I used texting marketing through Facebook Messenger chatbots.

Biggest advantages I've seen:
1. Superfast response to your marketing campaigns - you can see if they're going to be successful in the 30 minutes after you scheduled the texts.
2. Pretty much every person is your contact list will see your message.
3. Engagement is sky-high - if you put links, expect 30-90% click-through rates.

For example, a random campaign I did in the past:

These were the stats after 1 hour, which are pretty solid.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Sponsored Offers

Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
-- HALLOWEEN SPECIAL STARTS TODAY! Get any of my courses at Udemy's current best price through Friday! Use code: HALLOWEEN Use any of the links...
Top Bottom