• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

SMS Marketing?

Discussion in 'Advertising, Marketing, Social Media' started by GetShitDone, Sep 21, 2014.

1. GetShitDone

GetShitDone Bronze Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $1,026
    What do you guys think of SMS marketing? Studies show that there is a 98% open rate along with a 20% click rate when it comes to SMS marketing.

Does it work in a way that you can simply mass text thousands of people with good copy and a link? Of course, you have to get these numbers. Perhaps finding/creating a mobile phone list of a certain demographic and using a software to mass-text all the numbers at once?

Would love to hear your opinions on this and any experience in this unique form of contacting new prospects/existing customers.

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2018
    Scott Robertson likes this.
  2. Scott Robertson

Scott Robertson New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $17
    Simply put, have you ever not read a text message that was sent to your phone? As you said, the open rate is over 98%. Personally, I've found SMS marketing to work well for some industries but not so well for others. I've used several platforms including Twilio and cell-phone-list.net products and targeted local location based SMS marketing has been the most effective. I won't go into too many details, but marketing a local brick and mortar shop via SMS with a promotional coupon has yielded the best results.

I wouldn't advise sending out 1000's of links due to spam concerns. Maybe send out a message asking people if they are interested in a promotion regarding your product/service, and if they are then send them the link. Also, I've used demographic lists to target everyone with the same first name (although this was done via recorded call sent via ring-less voice mail message, not SMS), and that was successful to some extent. If you are interested in that, the products I used were:

Demographic Lists: cell-phone-list.net/cell-phone-number-list-demographics.html
    Ring-less Voice Mail: stratics.com and cell-phone-list.net/ringless-voicemail-drop-platform.html

Overall, YMMV depending on what type of service/industry/product you are marketing, and to what degree (local/national).

Hopefully this info helps in some way.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2018 at 1:04 PM