The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Tell me how

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Man, I hope your next post is about how you solved your headcanon crisis.

I get short with people because these posts break my heart.

I can do this and this and this and this and this and this and this and I see the light!

Then you wake up 10 years from now and you didn't and you don't...

...but you will.

You said you're making money. So make more. Then come tell us how you did it.

You want technique. But nobody cares what you want.

Knowledge, self-realization, and future-paced day dreams are useless until you use them.

There's technique threads all over this forum. Answers are right in front of you.

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
Man, I hope your next post is about how you solved your headcanon crisis.

I get short with people because these posts break my heart.

I can do this and this and this and this and this and this and this and I see the light!

Then you wake up 10 years from now and you didn't and you don't...

...but you will.

You said you're making money. So make more. Then come tell us how you did it.

You want technique. But nobody cares what you want.

Knowledge, self-realization, and future-paced day dreams are useless until you use them.

There's technique threads all over this forum. Answers are right in front of you.

They are heart breaking aren't they!
But I mean, thats the thing here right? You want people putting their heart into it. Do or die. TENACITY.
Not someone dawdling along for another ten years. I've already dawdled and slowly grown my foundations.

You say no one cares what I want, but did you ever think it does matter what I say to others?
If I WANT TECHNIQUE it means I'm focusing on taking actions I know and executing them better.
I know sales technique, I know writing, I know how to locate a need, provide value, develop respect and trust through empathy and understanding my customers, I know how to budget, to make things efficient as possible, condense things down to one really solid idea... AND I know how to formulate a fastlane vehicle.
Furthermore, I've been unscripted for over a decade, I understood the concept long long ago. I dropped out of highschool exactly because I saw the script.
TECHNIQUE is the difference between those foundations and hitting the ACCELERATOR.
You should already know that!

And yeah, I'm on this forum, precisely for the reason of SCANNING for technique.
Do you get it?

... bah, maybe none of you even can get it.
A lot of people here are far more clueless than they let on.
I'm not complaining, I'm just saying that when push comes to shove, I want the DETAILS, not just the big picture, or the concepts.
I got them, they are great.
But I need to be determined toward technique so I can send the script flying out the window forever.
Technique technique technique

If no one has any... fine.
If I asked wrong, thats ok too.
But I'm puttin the world on notice, my next task is to become a master at the technique of it.
And will only measure successful technique by RESULTS

So yeah, I dunno, its like you guys WANT people to be bad at this
I'm fine with it, but it is just a bit weird and possesive (like a jealous spouse)

Like I said, I already arranged a new mentor and am discussing technique with him right now.
So, if none of you have anything, ok
But it'd be interesting if anyone did have a technical pointer or hint, to just chip in, and not just for my sake, for anyone reading

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I don’t know what all this talk about technique means. Haven’t seen many books saying that technique is the reason you aren’t growing...

But one thing is for sure, you need to improve your communication skills because nobody can understand you.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Yes I've not only read them, I've thought about them a lot.

For most people, yes, but no one on this forum appears dangerous to me, I know how to read context and sort ideas (things your everyday joe can't do).
I hear you though, never sacrifice your own initiative cuz its bs
Wasn't ever going to, but I get you

Tbh, I was in an emotional place,
I still sort of am, but its all FUEL for initiative, not fear of it

Actually, I'm doing what it says to do in unscripted
Chapter 14 ("F*ck this" before "F*ck you")
The post is about a "F*ck this" attitude
Finally unchaining myself from all the weights and shackles
AND ADMITTING I have the power to change it

I ask for HOW
Because technique is the bridge between understanding and execution
I understand things just fine, probably better than most
I can also execute, so long as the job is clearly set out or the opportunity to sell is in front of me (I must get more people in front of me to sell to then maybe the rest will fall into place)
I STILL however have dissonance between understanding and execution, I do them as two SEPERATE things currently.
My passion for this is burning right now, I want to turn that into connecting those two things. I wanna know HOW (technique) to get understanding rolling perfectly into execution, so I'm not slow burning like a chump

Also the how is part rhetorical
WE ALL KNOW HOW
But furthermore, one must ASK in order to figure out a way

Yes, I'm doing this :)
Its a slow process though, a support process if you will, to other actions I probably need to be taking

Also yeah more info about my biz would be helpful to get others clued in
I think I need to get OFF of this gunslinger, fly by the seat of my pants stuff I'm doing
Basically I just network, and then talk to people who are sort of interested in what I do and then sell them on it
Then I get to it

I'll try to reexamine what I'm doing objectively , for some reason my head has just been so stuck in it that I'm not totally sure what I'm doing from an objective POV. RED FLAG I need to sort that out.
Ok, so basically all I have is a silver tongue for selling those already predisposed. And the ability to tailor or fit/change how people are doing things so that they get 80/20 success (honing in on the 20 percent that gives results).
I have some formulas and such I use in order to increase quality contol of my services and get people what they want.
People literally rave about what I do, so I get more clients through recommendations.

But I only really market through some friends of mine, and I'm looking to start up my own lead generating funnel.
You know, I guess its pretty obvious that I need to get leverage working on my side better.
Not just use my own ability, but ABSTRACT that ability, and aim it at pressure points that will exponentially increase how many leads I get.

Agreed Andy, that is the plan
I guess I need to ask whats slowing down that progression?
I think eyeballs, I need to get some ready leads or generate them...
Maybe if I amplify that I'll get something cooking
DO THAT FIRST rather than try to over engineer anything and prematurely expect growth

So I think I'll try to abstract my gunslinging success and turn it into leverage
THEN I'll create my own leads
Then I'll reduce my role

Alright! It's something at least

I think I just really need to get out of my TUNNEL VISION
PULL BACK a few steps, and assess right action, based on EFFICIENCIES AND RESULTS
I need to STOP have EXECUTION and UNDERSTANDING exist seperately on their own islands, make every understanding have an execution, and every execution illuminate the perspective

I think I'm like one of those guys who is GOOD at everything but just hasn't tied it together yet. Is just doing everything isolated. My sum is less than my parts, I need to become more than the sum of my parts!

I've been thinking "if only my vision were bigger and more powerful, I can do it"
But I think I need to say "look at what you have, now turn it into results"
HOW do I do that?
Its not outlook, its not activity (I am active)
Its PAYING ATTENTION

Thats it!
I'm a darn moron
I'm literally ignoring what I need to be doing
LET THE SITUATION show me the need
Look at the structure, the responses, use the feedback to dial up and dial back my approach

Then review, and improve
Got it now I think

I missed this post before. I think I get what you're asking. From the first and later posts it wasn't clear you need help improving your consulting gig. To be more specific it sounds like you need help scaling by automating lead generation and sales.

Someone already mentioned hiring a salesperson. @Andy Black has loads of thoughts on lead generation through adwords. Those two should automate the sales process for the consulting part.

Andy mentioned the sliding scale going to Agency. That part might depend on what kind of consulting you do. Is it tied to yourself or can you train someone to consult for you so you can focus on growth?

If it's tied to yourself it could be a matter of skipping the agency part and going straight to a productised service or even an info product. An info product could be to teach the consultancy aspect to those who want to consult, or to teach people who would normally buy that type of consulting without you holding their hand.

An info product could be a course, an ebook, an audio training, a website. Basically anything that lets you capture that knowledge and package it in a way where you can sell it 24/7 without being present. You probably already know this, but it's my thoughts on the next step up from consulting if you want to free more of your time.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I missed this post before. I think I get what you're asking. From the first and later posts it wasn't clear you need help improving your consulting gig. To be more specific it sounds like you need help scaling by automating lead generation and sales.

Someone already mentioned hiring a salesperson. @Andy Black has loads of thoughts on lead generation through adwords. Those two should automate the sales process for the consulting part.

Andy mentioned the sliding scale going to Agency. That part might depend on what kind of consulting you do. Is it tied to yourself or can you train someone to consult for you so you can focus on growth?

If it's tied to yourself it could be a matter of skipping the agency part and going straight to a productised service or even an info product. An info product could be to teach the consultancy aspect to those who want to consult, or to teach people who would normally buy that type of consulting without you holding their hand.

An info product could be a course, an ebook, an audio training, a website. Basically anything that lets you capture that knowledge and package it in a way where you can sell it 24/7 without being present. You probably already know this, but it's my thoughts on the next step up from consulting if you want to free more of your time.
Yeah, a lot of what I write about are my struggles and learnings moving from a time-bound freelancer/consultant to something I can scale.

A lot of my recorded calls are along those lines too.

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
So yeah, I dunno, its like you guys WANT people to be bad at this
I'm fine with it, but it is just a bit weird and possesive (like a jealous spouse)

Not sure who specifically you're referring to, but I doubt many people want this. The reason the high level fundamentals get pushed has more to do with the kind of people who show up here each day.

I liken it to learning piano (which I am). To play songs, I don't need to master technique (hitting the keys with the exact right amount of force; never hitting a wrong key or the key next to the one I'm aiming for).

I just need the fundamentals. Hand position, finger numbers, chords and scales etc. Using those I was able to start, learn, and get pretty good at songs. A month later I can play at a level that will wow my parents.

When I'm better I can hire a master of piano to teach me ways to improve specific aspects of my technique. Maybe my hands need to be rotated a slightly different direction. Maybe my back needs to be more straight when I play. But as a total newb (which most people here are) I only need the fundamentals to get started.

Add to that there's no "right" way. There's just whatever way ends up getting results. Even without technique training people eventually form their own techniques. My best friend in high school couldn't touch type using QWERTY (the formal method). But he could type almost as fast as me though he pecked at the keyboard with 2 fingers instead of 10. His way would be considered "wrong." But it wasn't slow.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Process

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Jul 19, 2017
Solving Pain
Here the elephant in the room that is taking a dump on you...

You are a chef who is too obsessed with the recipes and ingredients he has studied. To be a chef, you must actually go out and cook something. The first few times you will follow the basic recipe.

Once you have some experience, you will know how things taste. Then, you'll have the ideas for new techniques to try to actually improve the output of your recipes...

As you gain more practical understanding, you will actually be capable of producing value.

Bake and experiment with your recipes. You have the responsibility. Come back to us with the actual things you have done and tell us your results. And give us your clearly defined intent. Then, you will get the guidance you need.

Success is forged in a hot messy kitchen. That's the factor that makes the difference you and someone like MJ. They committed to this process. This technique you speak of is called consistent execution.

PS: Remember people are here to give each other guidance, not to wipe each other's butts. :peace:

Last edited:

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
Not sure who specifically you're referring to, but I doubt many people want this. The reason the high level fundamentals get pushed has more to do with the kind of people who show up here each day.

I liken it to learning piano (which I am). To play songs, I don't need to master technique (hitting the keys with the exact right amount of force; never hitting a wrong key or the key next to the one I'm aiming for).

I just need the fundamentals. Hand position, finger numbers, chords and scales etc. Using those I was able to start, learn, and get pretty good at songs. A month later I can play at a level that will wow my parents.

When I'm better I can hire a master of piano to teach me ways to improve specific aspects of my technique. Maybe my hands need to be rotated a slightly different direction. Maybe my back needs to be more straight when I play. But as a total newb (which most people here are) I only need the fundamentals to get started.

Add to that there's no "right" way. There's just whatever way ends up getting results. Even without technique training people eventually form their own techniques. My best friend in high school couldn't touch type using QWERTY (the formal method). But he could type almost as fast as me though he pecked at the keyboard with 2 fingers instead of 10. His way would be considered "wrong." But it wasn't slow.

Thanks for your response, really appreciate it
I didn't know that about andy, that he was going through the same thing
I haven't been here in a while so didn't know he'd been up to that.
I'll give it a look. And I'll also brush up on my adword lead generation knowledge, cuz thats a decent something to do.

As for piano,
Well piano is kinda obvious though, you have all the notes infront of you, you just have to strike them right, where beingan entrepreneur there is always new possibility.. like a changin keyboard.
I used to have this gf who would play for me while my hands were on her fingertips. And I could feel the fire or passion she put into each touch of the keys. Was a nice time, out by the idealic rolling hills of Englands country side.

Then I learnt to play myself with no training, just using my ear (developed perfect pitch or close to it)
Just the feeling of it... knowing it.. and entering that creative place where you see the sounds before you make them.
Problem is, I needed the technique, such as the scales and the general outlines for composition in order to technically get there and remove all sloppiness.

You are suggesting our perceptions are 100% inverted
You see stuff here as technique from which you then riff from
I see it as "the feeling" without the technicals, and people just riffing at techniques to see what works
And most "success stories" are guys with only the surface level answer regarding technique

Technique sort of comes in waves
At first you get a clue and are excited
But then you dig into it deeper and reveal things about it
Then you review it later and understand the true context of how it functions

Most stuff here is just excitement about the clues, not digging in or reviewing the context in its totality. Or the context that is mentioned seems shallow.
I'm surprised none of you notice that weak point. I'd think you guys MOST OF ALL, would want technique, since you have good mindset stuff from MJ.
People pretending MJs stuff is technique not mindset is straight up weird to me. It is quite literally MINDSET of how to be an entreprenuer and go out and find it. Not "heres how step by step, look at these methods vs these". Only in passing or by implication.

But like I said earlier, you see his stuff as the scales etc?
That is 100% the opposite of me, who sees his stuff as describing the rhythm and feeling behind his successes.

Maybe this is where my headcanon thing comes in?
Cuz if you percieve it that way, but me the opposite
Then I won't see it like you do.
Anyways I located some areas on which techniques must be found
Quality controls for audio course set ups
Lead gen (obviously findable here I'll go look with a keen eye)
Since yeah, I think that to scale I should go that direction

My conviction is REAL
But it is new, and thusly uncomfortable/overwhelming
Not cuz it will fade, but cuz it is burning and won't go away (leaving me on edge)

Anyways, thanks man
Your posts helped a good deal

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads