Andy Black
Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
LEGACY MEMBER
MEMBER
"Tell different people the same thing, instead of the same people different things."
I came across that line a few weeks ago and it gave me a bit of an aha moment.
I'd gotten quite comfortable talking about different things to the same people in this forum (granted there's always new people joining but you know what I mean).
So I ventured out of the safe(ish) harbour of the forum and into the wild blue ocean that is Facebook and Facebook groups. I've joined new groups where people didn't know me and bounced around making friends, helping people, supporting people, and engaging with people. I've been invited to do group workshops, radio interviews, and onto podcasts - all to talk about the same thing. Dayum, but I felt like a broken record repeating my founding story again and again and again (the story where I help an electrician keep a roof over his head).
But each person I tell that story to has never heard it before. The morals of that story seem to resonate now as every time I've said it in the past 10 years. Funny that.
Anyway, that's my experience implementing the advice above.
What if you ventured out and retold your story to new people and audiences?
I came across that line a few weeks ago and it gave me a bit of an aha moment.
I'd gotten quite comfortable talking about different things to the same people in this forum (granted there's always new people joining but you know what I mean).
So I ventured out of the safe(ish) harbour of the forum and into the wild blue ocean that is Facebook and Facebook groups. I've joined new groups where people didn't know me and bounced around making friends, helping people, supporting people, and engaging with people. I've been invited to do group workshops, radio interviews, and onto podcasts - all to talk about the same thing. Dayum, but I felt like a broken record repeating my founding story again and again and again (the story where I help an electrician keep a roof over his head).
But each person I tell that story to has never heard it before. The morals of that story seem to resonate now as every time I've said it in the past 10 years. Funny that.
Anyway, that's my experience implementing the advice above.
What if you ventured out and retold your story to new people and audiences?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
