The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Teaching foreign languages the Fastlane way

Idea threads

Karume

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
48%
Aug 14, 2018
Greeting folks.

First and foremost, I want to thank Mr. MJ. Demarco for his endeavor and dedicated efforts to enlighten many on how to achieve financial freedom fast without waiting for retirement pension fees after toiling on insane jobs throughout our lives. Mr. Demarco for sure is freeing many from financial bondage, slavery and paycheck to paycheck prostitution. I am truly grateful for what you are doing Sir. Once again, thank you so much.

I am a foreign language teacher (teaching French and Swahili as foreign languages), I am actualully working as a foreign language consultant in an international language and cultural exchange centre. I am paid per hour, but, I find this very detrimental for my well-being and wealth in general, as I am trading my time with some few bucks and that is not ideal. Cash can be discounted but not time.

With globalisation today, the need for learning languages apart from our mother tongue is growing somehow. The interaction between people of different cultures is growing so fast today in the 21st century compared to other centuries in the past. Technology advancement has enabled this, particularly with the internet, it is becoming so easy to get in touch with people who are thousands of miles apart from our geographical areas.

With the transportation (maritime, air, land) today, it is becoming easy to reach other parts of the globe fast and safe, interactions between people of different cultures is becoming normal today than it has ever been in the past.

Now, talking of teaching foreign languages, it's not rocket science, although you need to have some few technics on how to impart another language apart from the mother tongue inside the brain of a grown up individual.

So; instead of hassling the way to a class or even being available in a ZOOM class, instead of exchanging one time for money and experiencing other intimidation of the one signing your check every 4 weeks; the class can be recorded (nice sound and video) and then sold online.

Recorded classes consist of the same contents in a live, online or hybrid class, the only difference is that the class is on tape through a link or even an MP4 or MP3 in a USB Key. This one will require your time only during the recording/shooting of your class.

Your recorded language classes can be supported by a pdf document that highlights each lesson in your recorded class.

These recorded language classes can be in a podcast, video or multimedia formats. Imagine you have a website, an automated payment and buying instantly system, plus very cool and proven marketing tactics, wouldn't be able to reach many and replicate your recorded foreign language classes?

This can be applied for any other classes that has a need, a difficult entry while assuring you control, you automate and are able to replicate.

Or in other term, make the foreign language recorded class into a digital format (MP4, MP3 and pdf); PC, Apple; android and iphone compatible.

Can you picture how you can turn a miserable teaching profession into a million dollar entrepreneurial asset?

Is there any additional idea and comment?

Yours in absolute financial freedom and true happiness.

Karume.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE
eaching French and Swahili as foreign languages
may i ask where you are based? africa or in europe? There is always a need for french language but with that being said, too much ocmpeition for french. Italki and other sites are better than apps per se but the best tutors cost insane amount (i have seen native french tutors ask for 50€ per hour for 1 on 1 and 30 for groups of 2 or 3) I have used some of these tutors in the past and they are great and fine and all however I got better deals from the african francophone nations.
I dont know what the fetish is for ¨native speakers¨ as opposed to those from other francophone or anglophone countries. But it is an issue apparently and devout language learners tend to separate native from non-native speakers (but they are both fluent and equally competent so wtf :smuggy:? )
I have started learning french and have an excellent teacher from Morocco that charges like 15 for 90 minutes.... I would suggest you start a nice comprehensive course on swahili. That may be a much better option for where you are right now. Make the best most comprehensible swahili course possible and market that

Karume

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
48%
Aug 14, 2018
may i ask where you are based? africa or in europe? There is always a need for french language but with that being said, too much ocmpeition for french. Italki and other sites are better than apps per se but the best tutors cost insane amount (i have seen native french tutors ask for 50€ per hour for 1 on 1 and 30 for groups of 2 or 3) I have used some of these tutors in the past and they are great and fine and all however I got better deals from the african francophone nations.
I dont know what the fetish is for ¨native speakers¨ as opposed to those from other francophone or anglophone countries. But it is an issue apparently and devout language learners tend to separate native from non-native speakers (but they are both fluent and equally competent so wtf :smuggy:? )
I have started learning french and have an excellent teacher from Morocco that charges like 15 for 90 minutes.... I would suggest you start a nice comprehensive course on swahili. That may be a much better option for where you are right now. Make the best most comprehensible swahili course possible and market that
Thank you so much for your reply. I am based in Dar es salaam, Tanzania. (East Africa). I have been teaching foreign language for almost 2 decades already.

It's not about how saturated the market is but to use the C.E.N.T.S. way to do my service where I won't exchange time for money.

There is one issue when you learn French from a French or native speaker, it's cultural barrier...and French language is not only a language of the French but of many francophones around the globe...

So, having a tutor with a global perpedpective of French as a global language and not a language from only France can be of great advantage.

So; my point is how you can teach any foreign language the C.E.N.T.S way irrespective of competition...

Thank you for your prompt idea contribution to this post. I take good note...

Karume.

Last edited:

maximusharrison

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Jul 1, 2021
Greeting folks.

First and foremost, I want to thank Mr. MJ. Demarco for his endeavor and dedicated efforts to enlighten many on how to achieve financial freedom fast without waiting for retirement pension fees after toiling on insane jobs throughout our lives. Mr. Demarco for sure is freeing many from financial bondage, slavery and paycheck to paycheck prostitution. I am truly grateful for what you are doing Sir. Once again, thank you so much.

I am a foreign language teacher (teaching French and Swahili as foreign languages), I am actualully working as a foreign language consultant in an international language and cultural exchange centre. I am paid per hour, but, I find this very detrimental for my well-being and wealth in general, as I am trading my time with some few bucks and that is not ideal. Cash can be discounted but not time.

With globalisation today, the need for learning languages apart from our mother tongue is growing somehow. The interaction between people of different cultures is growing so fast today in the 21st century compared to other centuries in the past. Technology advancement has enabled this, particularly with the internet, it is becoming so easy to get in touch with people who are thousands of miles apart from our geographical areas.

With the transportation (maritime, air, land) today, it is becoming easy to reach other parts of the globe fast and safe, interactions between people of different cultures is becoming normal today than it has ever been in the past.

Now, talking of teaching foreign languages, it's not rocket science, although you need to have some few technics on how to impart another language apart from the mother tongue inside the brain of a grown up individual.

So; instead of hassling the way to a class or even being available in a ZOOM class, instead of exchanging one time for money and experiencing other intimidation of the one signing your check every 4 weeks; the class can be recorded (nice sound and video) and then sold online.

Recorded classes consist of the same contents in a live, online or hybrid class, the only difference is that the class is on tape through a link or even an MP4 or MP3 in a USB Key. This one will require your time only during the recording/shooting of your class.

Your recorded language classes can be supported by a pdf document that highlights each lesson in your recorded class.

These recorded language classes can be in a podcast, video or multimedia formats. Imagine you have a website, an automated payment and buying instantly system, plus very cool and proven marketing tactics, wouldn't be able to reach many and replicate your recorded foreign language classes?

This can be applied for any other classes that has a need, a difficult entry while assuring you control, you automate and are able to replicate.

Or in other term, make the foreign language recorded class into a digital format (MP4, MP3 and pdf); PC, Apple; android and iphone compatible.

Can you picture how you can turn a miserable teaching profession into a million dollar entrepreneurial asset?

Is there any additional idea and comment?

Yours in absolute financial freedom and true happiness.

Karume.
I think it’s not a bad idea, I’ve seen it here and there (for English lessons though), schools offering audio/video recordings in addition to actual lessons. It works well for extra practice and for example, people can watch/listen while commuting. The thing is, though, most students want a chance to interact with the teacher and have lots of speaking opportunities. Now, I also believe you could focus on teaching Swahili, perhaps offering both lessons and recordings on your website. If advertised properly, that could be a way to go! Good luck!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Karume

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
48%
Aug 14, 2018
I think it’s not a bad idea, I’ve seen it here and there (for English lessons though), schools offering audio/video recordings in addition to actual lessons. It works well for extra practice and for example, people can watch/listen while commuting. The thing is, though, most students want a chance to interact with the teacher and have lots of speaking opportunities. Now, I also believe you could focus on teaching Swahili, perhaps offering both lessons and recordings on your website. If advertised properly, that could be a way to go! Good luck!
Thank you so much for your contribution. I take good note of it. Absolutely yes, coupling the lessons with the presence of the teacher...I would like to see if I won't make my time bounded to my teaching...

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.