The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Target Market Advice - Film Career Coaching

Idea threads

este.heyns

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 4, 2022
Hello Fastlaners,

Thanks for all your insight and thoughts, I absolutely love this forum!

I was wondering if it would possible to get some outside perspective on a business idea I'm working on? In particular in relation to defining a target market. Any advice, ideas, or feedback would be amazing.

Concept: I'm building a 6 Weeks Course on "how to build a career in the film industry". It is positioned as career coaching/mentoring and will be a 6-week online course with potential 1-1 coaching sessions as add-ons. It would be aimed at people starting out and looking to make a start in the film industry.

Background: I've worked on Hollywood films for over 8 years within the Visual Effects (VFX) department. Particularly on-set VFX which is very niche. There's not a lot of information out there as to how it all works. I wish I had a resource like this when I was starting out and that's where the idea comes from. I would like to share some of that knowledge.

Question:
  • Do I target a larger audience for instance > general on-set film work?
  • Or do I target a more niche audience with which I have more specific knowledge on > on-set vfx work?
  • Does either sound viable?
I would build it on my own website, and once built would run on its own. Would phase out the 1-1 coaching long-term once relationships and awareness have been built. Can reach an audience worldwide so scale is possible.

My biggest concern is the size of the market or where to position such a product. As well as the target audience potentially not spending money on courses/coaching.

Thoughts, musings?

Thanks a million!
Esté

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.