The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

SUCCESS STORY - Cantwait2

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

WheelsRCool

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Aug 12, 2007
Thanks for posting that cantwait2, I read it completely through for the second time, gave me a real motivational boost I needed :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

klh6686

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
42%
Aug 12, 2007
Ga
what an amazing story, very moving and motivational! It's stories like yours that inspire me that no matter where you come from only you decide what you can achive. Thank you for telling us your story.

S928

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Aug 7, 2007
Oh, need to add: damb :) that was a longggggggg story. Thanks for sharing though.

TNT

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Aug 31, 2007
Cantwait2

Great story. I have to tell you I to sold Kirbys. I did it for 4 years. was even a area distributor at one point. But my distributor was a greedy bastard and did everything he could to take every dime any of us made. He tried to keep us under him from the start. I have to agree that it had to be one of the best schools for sales training there was. I think I can sale anything.

Thanks again for the story.
Talmadge

michael515

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Aug 27, 2007
I read your story and it reminds me of the decisions we make and how that's really where the rubber meets the road. Most people would rather be unhappy than face uncertainty.

I've been there, asking "what the hell am I doing?". It's those moments that we really learn who we are.

What a fabulous story. Thanks for sharing :thumbsup:

kelrash

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Sep 24, 2007
What an amazing storing.!! Especially have you talked about the rough times you had showing it isn't that easy to become wealthy. I really see from your story it really takes hard work, dedication, and never giving up. Thanks for the inspiring story, Cantwait2.:hl:

cynabyte

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Oct 21, 2007
North Branch, MI
Wow! Thank you for sharing that was an emotional roll-a-coaster that had me on the edge of my seat.

So I too sold Kurbies (and I thought it was shitty selling a $1,600 vaccum) and now I am wondering if I didn't shoot myself in the foot. I had quit my job and been out of work for a while living with a room mate paying bills with my last check and credit cards so I answered a Carpet Shampooer ad turned out to be selling Kirby's. I gave it about four weeks sold two (one got repo'd so I didn't get paid) Could no longer afford the gas money plus the vehicle wear and tear so I through in the towel for what I've always regarded as a "sucky" job Now everything I have read thus far is making me realize how important learning sales actually is :bgh:

dsueck

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jan 26, 2008
That's truly an amazing story Can'tWait2!

Sometimes it takes hearing another's story to come to the realization that your life isn't really that terrible.

Jeffs07

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Feb 24, 2008
Rockingham NC
Wow this story hits home for me in several ways. From the Kirby sales (got hired and never went in for training, family talked me out) to the drug use (my recent marijuana use) to losing the girl and then getting her back. A good woman is truly priceless. I was engaged to a wonderful girl and let my temper and pride drive us apart...

Rep +++++ bud

qwerety

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
May 26, 2008
Detroit, MI
Man that was an amazing read.
I thought I had/have hard times, but mine as almost nothing compared to what you went through. My story is not at the end yet but only the beginning.

cantwait2

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
716%
Aug 15, 2007
-
Thanks Querty and everyone else who has posted feedback...appreciate it :thumbsup::tiphat:

lightning

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
Aug 24, 2007
Northern, NJ
I always enjoy reading your story Cantwait, I have referred back to it several times in the past year for inspiration and motivation in my own journey. :) Thank you again for posting it.

TaxGuy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Apr 28, 2008
Goodyear, AZ
A++++ Great story!!!! This is basically Life101, while there were extremes that most of us will never experience such as the early success in sales, the rock-bottom with drugs, debt and losing the girl, getting back on your feet only to hit more road-blocks and ultimately success, your life shows that "With Great Success, Comes Great Sacrifice"(I know I heard this somewhere so don't credit me), but as my HS football coach once said "Anything worth having is worth working for" and it's that hard work as well as sacrifice that makes the fruits of your labor so enjoyable and you deserve it!!!

Wow! Thank you for sharing that was an emotional roll-a-coaster that had me on the edge of my seat.

So I too sold Kurbies (and I thought it was shitty selling a $1,600 vaccum) and now I am wondering if I didn't shoot myself in the foot. I had quit my job and been out of work for a while living with a room mate paying bills with my last check and credit cards so I answered a Carpet Shampooer ad turned out to be selling Kirby's. I gave it about four weeks sold two (one got repo'd so I didn't get paid) Could no longer afford the gas money plus the vehicle wear and tear so I through in the towel for what I've always regarded as a "sucky" job Now everything I have read thus far is making me realize how important learning sales actually is :bgh:

I know I'm reaching for this one as it was posted a while back, but add to that... I wish I would've actually taken the jobs for Cutco, Quixtar and College Works Painters, but no use cryin over spilled milk :smx4:

Thankfully I work for CDW now so I am currentlty learning those intangible sales skills that will get me back on the fastlane, bottom line as we learned here is that you can never take life for granted and always have to have motivation to take the steps on the road to success :cool:

czach41

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
45%
Oct 11, 2007
Denver
Self belief and tons of it :)

This reminds me of a Tony Robbins (I believe it was him who said it, but not entirely sure) saying, "Know your outcome before you even begin." Your story is a perfect example. You KNEW that you would be successful, so the roadblocks did not set you back, even though 99.9% of people would have given up if they had been in your shoes.
This knowledge of your outcome + self belief is not only powerful but borderline godlike. With those two unquestionably ingrained into you, success is inevitable if you never give up.
As MJ said, Legendary story.
(I think I have read it 4 times)

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Thanks for posting your story Cantwait2. I am inspired by your determination to do whatever it took to succeed. You have truly earned your rewards. +++speed

Roman

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Aug 21, 2008
Pacific NW
I can't describe how much Thanks I have to you,
This has inspired me to keep on going and work harder at what i do,

I can totally see where i am through your journey,

Truly, it is not an overnight journey, Thank you!!!!!!!!

Inphinity

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Aug 20, 2007
Auckland, NZ
After a bit of a rough time lately, I decided to re-read your story mate and I don't know why I didn't do that earlier. 18 months later and it still has the same effect and impact, so again big thanks for taking the time to write it all up for us.

Jill

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jan 26, 2008
Frisco, TX (Dallas)
I just read your story for the 2nd time, Cantwait2. I was so excited about reading everyone else's when I first joined the forum, that I think I must've rushed thru parts of yours, because a lot of it seemed new to me. There were a TON of gems in there, but my favorite was:
...on the world stage of business I have only just begun, it is 9am on the Monday morning of potential and let me tell you that this is a working week I’ve been looking forward to all my life.
Inspiring stuff. Thanks for making yourself vulnerable by sharing not just the good, but the bad and ugly as well! Great read.

mmmoney

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2%
Jul 15, 2009
very inspirational story,I read it twice already.

I use your success story as an example when I talk to my friends to explain why I want to change to fastlane.

really fantastic.

I am not sure whether cantwait2 still logs into this forum,but his story is a great example of perseverance and self belief

Don't-Try-DO-It

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Nov 15, 2010
cantwait2, thanks so much for that very inspiring story! I agree with the others who has said this would make a Great movie. It has all the components.

1. It inspires you
2. It make you laugh (you have a great way of putting things)
3. It make you cry (seeing how you and your girl stuck to it and never gave up brought tears to my eyes)
4. A real love story (Anyone can see that you both had that true love for each other!)
5. Life-changing. Truly life-changing! (what more can you ask for in a movie)

joshua

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Aug 8, 2010
Bradenton , FL ,USA
thanks for sharing this story with us .

It really helped me understand that success takes time and perseverance .
I truly hope one day i ll be able to share my story as well on this forum .

ManWithABeard

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Dec 28, 2010
Florida
This was the first success story I had read on this forum. This is also one of the success stories that really changed my life. No, really it's true. The struggle he went through really inspired me. I read this story atleast 8 times within the past month.

anyway, Cantwait2, thank you sharing this story. You just don't know how much this story really changed me and how this and MJ's story really motivated me to execute my plan and idea. Great read.

again, Thank you.

Last edited:

DuckVader

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Feb 4, 2011
Thank you for sharing your story; It reflects the effort that making something out of nothing requires. It truly provided a truckload of inspiration for me.

Two of your personal rules had a big impact on a personal level:

A good woman is priceless
Do not die wondering

I want to thank as well to the two of you as a couple for hanging together throughout the making of this story.

Hokoleskwa

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
May 25, 2011
Denver
This story is amazing! I live a pretty stable, suburban life with a steady career, and now I almost feel ashamed for being doubtful of my own ability to succeed in my business venture. The adversity you overcame is inspiring, thanks so much for sharing!

millionairesol

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2%
Aug 11, 2011
Thanks for the info. I think my problem has been not selling enough. I am going to do all it takes to master selling whatever good I desire to use and solve identified problems for the millions of people out there waiting to consume just about any good thing.

Mark Biggie L

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Sep 18, 2011
Jenison Michigan
Great story!
Thanks for sharing, like others have said it takes a lot to share some things.

I can relate to the ebuz story you speak of, I had a similar introduction to it. The outcome of that was similar to what you described.

Glad to hear you made it out and are doing well. Thanks for sharing.

Enrico

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Oct 2, 2011
I had to register after reading this story, just to say thanks for sharing it. On multiple occasions you could have given up but your persistence got you through some very tough times, and can only be described as admirable. You're also very lucky to be with such a loyal girl ;)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.