The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

SUCCESS STORY - Cantwait2

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

St.Patrick

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
May 19, 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
I absolutely loved this story and believe that you could turn this into a fastlane millionaire spinoff book. The fastlane book shows and tells us how we can be successful in extreme depth wheras your story genuinely shows how important and real the process is. After reading flm my eyes were opened on how one can become wealthy young, while it is for any age I'm only turning 19. Now that I have read your story I feel it can give ideas and inspirations to people, like right now I'm planning on pursuing sales skills. I too want to be a multi millionaire by age 25. I've been having trouble on deciding and figuring out on what to do and how to do it (even though it's only the past two days I stumbled upon the book and this forum), but you're story truly does give insight. I recommend everyone read your story immediately following millionaire fast lane. Thanks.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Fatal Jay

Contributor
Jul 16, 2015
It took me awhile to read this but once I got closer to the end it blew my mind and at age 28 a year younger then me. This was very much inspirational. I find that with all true success stories their are always a test of misery, pain, frustration and feeling of giving it up. I learned all who fought past it all was rewarded.

Dwight Schrute

Ludicrous Speed
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
287%
Oct 27, 2014
where eagles dare
I remember reading 2 threads before my registration here on this forum:

One was about someone dreaming of a bugatti.
The other one is worth a bump.

Too good to not be on the front page, screenplay material.

S928

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Aug 7, 2007
Can'twait2, despite being in your late twenties, you sound like a true veteran. Congrats on your accomplishments and it sure seems like you've reached self-actualization!!! :eusa_clap:

cantwait2

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
716%
Aug 15, 2007
-
Amazing man you deserve all your success and I must say your very lucky to have such a good girl!!

Yip sure am Dustin, :love2:

Was taking her around dealerships looking to buy her an Aston Vantage, so all things considered she's doing ok out of the deal too...:smxF:

Poudda

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Sep 7, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
Thank you for your story. I found it quite unbelievable to see (no - very clearly watch, as I was on the edge of my seat reading this) how you can have it all, then lose everything including yourself, then regain everything and then some. A truly amzaing story.

weei2

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Aug 23, 2007
i think you should turn your story into a movie. so true that people often are afraid to step out of their comfort zone. you had it all, then you lost it all beliving that you will achieve someting greater. truly inspirational. :eusa_clap:

cantwait2

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
716%
Aug 15, 2007
-
Cantwait2, looong time no see, where've you been!? Or have you been here all along, just lurking...? Good to see you back :)

Hey wheels, I drop in from time to time and learn some new things from all the good info that gets passed around this forum...

Other than that I'm out there making it happen:fastlane:

cantwait2

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
716%
Aug 15, 2007
-
Thanks for the great response guys...it's busy times so I don't always have the chance to keep up with the forums but certainly appreciate the nice comments when I come on...I think a new chapter or two will be due in the not two distant future...have lived a bit of live since writing this and made a few more distinctions worth sharing...stay well and talk soon...peace!

rbamf

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Dec 12, 2011
I signed up on here just to reply to this posting

As I sit here in my room, which is my office, and at my desk, which is the only piece of furniture in the room save for a mattress in the corner, I wanted to thank you for posting this. Your story is one of inspiration- a calling to get out there, hit it up hard, and keep going (even if you just spent your last $20 on groceries).

Congrats on the Murcielago and everything it stands for.

SeattleSunnyDay

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jan 6, 2012
Seattle
Thanks Guys, I take a lot of enjoyment from the fact that you are getting benefit from the story, to be honest it's a real buzz...thanks for your comments, much appreciated...

This was a great read......This reaffirms for me that I'm really not crazy...LOL

I'm now 30 and have been working the the long road to the pursuit of financial security and personal success myself, and although I'm far from where I want to be I finally feel like after about 10 years of trying what hasn't worked, I have figured out what will and will finally be making it to the light at the end of the tunnel that I have been running, stumbling, walking and some days even crawling toward for so many years. Pushing through when everyone knocks you down is one of the hardest things to go through (I've been fired 5 times in 2 years and the last employer told me I wasn't worth the paper my resume was printed on) I will never forget those words, and that was the day I walked out of the office for good. I will live on the streets of Seattle in the rain before I every make money for someone else other then myself.

I can relate so much to your story and I want to thank you wholeheartedly for it. Sometimes it's nice to know that after all you have went through the road you have traveled, although hard is not traveled alone. I wish all the success for you and your lady. Please tell her how much you love her and appreciate her being there for you because this is truly special that she has stuck by your side. My other half of six years was a casualty of my pursuit to complete independence. Some would say, well he just wasn't the right one...Yes I agree, but it doesn't make the pill any easier to swallow, when you start losing the ones you love for your own accomplishments you start to question what is really important. I can say though, I learned to move on, however it would have been nice to avoid that sacrifice. Just another of many more still to come I'm sure.

To anyone reading this story or any other similar I hope you take what I did from it and that is if you want something bad enough it will be yours if you never give up on yourself, it's only a matter of time so just keep on keeping on!

Thanks cantwait!

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
It's been almost a year since I read this and I'm blown away every time I do so. Such a great and inspiring story with all the elements of a Hollywood movie.

GravyBoat

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Nov 25, 2013
San Diego
I read this story when I first signed up and went on an emotional roller coaster ride with the main character.

It's not everyday that a story like this can have such an impact. It's raw, uncut, uncensored success.

I know I already posted on this page but WOW.

Carlo J.

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Jun 4, 2014
I stumbled upon a thread not knowing that it had the power to rock my world!

This story really makes me believe more on the possibility that Fastlane success is not luck. It's hard work and persistence coupled with being "road trip" focused and knowing the correct "recipes" to achieving massive wealth. I thank MJ for writing the book because if not for him, I might still be spinning my wheels up to now!

Time is running out for me and I am turning 24, 2 weeks from now. It's so hard to slack of and be lazy after reading the book and reading this thread. I am so hungry for success!!!!!! I wasted three years of my life since 21 chasing slowlane gurus and wealth seminars that only sold snakeoil! How I wish I have read this book since I was 21. But then again, I might not be able to appreciate the gravity of its information. The book, and this thread, hit all the right notes at right time and place!

Cheers to cantwait2!!!

Eldi4n

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Dec 12, 2015
Italy
That was just incredible, those threads are the ones that would deserve PLATINUM tag and every new user should read it.
Agree.. this is a fantastic story, full of valuable lessons.
A "never give up" hymn.
Really, Really inspiring!

Shabeer

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
May 25, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Lesson, #8 – Appreciate now.

Well it’s coming up to 15 months since we landed back on New Zealand’s pristine shores. What can I say it’s been one hell of a ride. The business has continued to thrive, we have expanded and now trade in New Zealand as well as Australia. The key appointments I made in Australia have proved to be the lynch pin holding the delicate process of running a new company from afar together. We are now strong enough to continue uninterrupted even if those personnel were to break away.

Based on the 100 fastest growing companies published in Australia, we would rank in the top 20 which gives me a real sense of satisfaction.

I have kept true to my original business criteria and that is to maintain low overheads and startup costs, have a highly automated business that is easily scalable. The local version of Ebay here in New Zealand sold for $700m and they only had 50 staff. This is where I envision taking our group of companies. By industry standards which are in line with where I would value our company, puts its value in the 8 figures range, I will continue to chase that ninth digit.

We purchased what I think is an amazing $2m home on the water in a nice secluded area where we can enjoy all the trappings and space. I’ve been fortunate enough of course to realise a childhood dream and purchase a Lamborghini Murcielago with cash, flat to stack - paper pride. I have stayed away from finance as a personal preference after feeling the crippling weight of debt in the past. We still choose to live a relatively conservative lifestyle financially, and I still squirrel away money as a back up although it’s no longer six figures but seven.

The freedom to be able to live without the worry of money troubles has been a really great feeling, being able to help close family when their backs are against the wall. I am still with my girl and we will chalk up 10 years in June, that’s right let’s hear it…ooorrrrrrr

This has all been an amazing reward and I never lose the intensity of satisfaction or appreciation for this new lifestyle we can afford ourselves. I still on occasion just as I did from the day we moved in, stand in the middle of our home and without consciously preempting the action just put both my arms in the air as my own moment of victory.

Since being able to live a more financially abundant life I have found myself realising that money alone isn’t the holy grail that we sometimes think it is when we don’t have it. I guess it’s the fact that when we don’t have it and things in our lives aren’t going well it can easily turn into this perceived missing link that “if only we had money everything would be okâ€.

I’ve started to look around me and really notice that our quality of life is all relative. I encourage you to watch what I think is an amazing movie, it’s called The Castle and is a low budget Australian film. It’s about a guy who lives in a very small house right next to the airport, the planes land almost on his roof, it would be fair to say they are a basic family with a modest home.

This guy is just the happiest guy on earth, he loves his home and his family and nothing bothers him. Then on the other hand I see extremely wealthy businessmen and successful actors and performers who are miserable. One of the most successful stock brokers in Australia Renee Rifkin committed suicide when I was living in Australia. They have all the money they could spend and this is where they are. If the Father from the castle and any one of these extremely wealthy people died tomorrow and arrived at the pearly gates of heaven, who would have lived the most enjoyable, satisfying and fulfilling life?

I believe the key to our maintained enjoyment of life is our gratitude and appreciation for what we have, both possessions and relationships. I try to remember the past so I can appreciate the now and look forward to the future. Every time I drive my Murci I get a rush from every angle, the amazing rush from the car itself, the intense satisfaction of my journey to acquire it and the feeling of pride to be seen in it. I never want to lose that because that is the heart of my enjoyment, if I lose any of those elements I start to lose what is to me the real life value of the car, it then just becomes a car that sits in the garage that I show people and then try and desperately feed off their excitement hoping to regain what I once had but lost.

I’m not wanting to preach some self titled eternal wisdom here, this is just my final lesson in this stage of my life and if you’ve found value in my journey to this point I simply make the assumption that you may too find value in the distinctions I’ve made since achieving a degree of wealth. I’m sure everyone takes a different view of the world this is just mine.

I’m still relatively young at 28 years and certainly don’t have all the answers but maybe I have some. Be assured I’ve always got a lot more questions than I do answers. I’m happy to follow those that can teach and lead those that can listen.

I guess the point of where I’m going with this is that not everyone can be wealthy in a financial sense, but everyone can live an equally fulfilling, happy and enjoyable life.

Because people don’t have money I believe they don’t concentrate on being happy because they think that if they had money they would automatically live happily ever after and thus live their life on lotto tickets and if only’s.

But don’t get me wrong, wealth is a legitimate and worthy goal to pursue, and if you want it bad enough you will find it in even the darkest corners of hardship. Just don’t let it be a condition on your right to enjoy life now, because that is a right I believe we are all inherently bestowed.

I must also say thank you for your interest in my story. It has helped me recapture the focus that brought me to this point and I am excited to harness that again in the new chapters and the new lessons of my life. Of course everything till now has simply been an apprenticeship for me, it now gives me credibility in the business world, on the world stage of business I have only just begun, it is 9am on the Monday morning of potential and let me tell you that this is a working week I’ve been looking forward to all my life.

I’ve enjoyed the road to this point and every experience really has been a lesson in one form or another, I’m happy to help people with advise based on my experiences if someone asks me for it. I don’t often mention stories from where I have come, to be honest when people ask me what they need to do to achieve wealth, I sometimes wonder if they are really ready for the answer.

So now when I pull up in my Murcielago at a restaurant or café or even just to get gas and someone says with hope in their voice, “how can you afford that?â€

I just smile and with a curious smirk politely reply “where would I begin?â€

When looking back I have to admit that it isn’t a course of events that I would want to repeat anytime soon, but it’s an initiation than many of us will have to complete. I believe there is a natural law of selection when it comes to opening the treasure chest, while others can give you a map, everyone must go in search of their own key.

Wow... You're amazing man, I'm so happy for you and your girl. Honestly, I teared up when I read the part where you mention your $2 million home, and lamborghini. So much wisdom and knowledge in this post. I'd love to chat with you if possible, and hopefully one day, meet you in person and crack open a beer together. Enjoy what you've earned. :)

GravyBoat

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Nov 25, 2013
San Diego
Still the best thread on this forum. RIP CantWait2

Inphinity

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Aug 20, 2007
Auckland, NZ
Awesome, thanks once again for posting your amazing story !
Good to see you're still around too, thought you'd disappeared :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.