The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

SUCCESS STORY - Cantwait2

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

weei2

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Aug 23, 2007
i think you should turn your story into a movie. so true that people often are afraid to step out of their comfort zone. you had it all, then you lost it all beliving that you will achieve someting greater. truly inspirational. :eusa_clap:

michael515

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Aug 27, 2007
I read your story and it reminds me of the decisions we make and how that's really where the rubber meets the road. Most people would rather be unhappy than face uncertainty.

I've been there, asking "what the hell am I doing?". It's those moments that we really learn who we are.

What a fabulous story. Thanks for sharing :thumbsup:

cantwait2

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
716%
Aug 15, 2007
-
Thank you for your story. I found it quite unbelievable to see (no - very clearly watch, as I was on the edge of my seat reading this) how you can have it all, then lose everything including yourself, then regain everything and then some. A truly amzaing story.
Thanks poudda, just comes back to the fact...you have to just keep moving forward, even if it's baby steps.

OMG! cantwait2 your story is truly inspiring. im going to have to read it again :thankyousign:
Thanks Vinnie, appreciate it. :)

i think you should turn your story into a movie. so true that people often are afraid to step out of their comfort zone. you had it all, then you lost it all beliving that you will achieve someting greater. truly inspirational. :eusa_clap:
Thanks weei2, the comfort zone is realy what holds 99% of people back from obtaining high end wealth...no urgency, no lollies.

I read your story and it reminds me of the decisions we make and how that's really where the rubber meets the road. Most people would rather be unhappy than face uncertainty.

I've been there, asking "what the hell am I doing?". It's those moments that we really learn who we are.

What a fabulous story. Thanks for sharing :thumbsup:

Thanks Michael, I agree...it's the points of decision that set us on a new path, in that moment if you drew a line of you future it's already changed...

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

kelrash

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Sep 24, 2007
What an amazing storing.!! Especially have you talked about the rough times you had showing it isn't that easy to become wealthy. I really see from your story it really takes hard work, dedication, and never giving up. Thanks for the inspiring story, Cantwait2.:hl:

cynabyte

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Oct 21, 2007
North Branch, MI
Wow! Thank you for sharing that was an emotional roll-a-coaster that had me on the edge of my seat.

So I too sold Kurbies (and I thought it was shitty selling a $1,600 vaccum) and now I am wondering if I didn't shoot myself in the foot. I had quit my job and been out of work for a while living with a room mate paying bills with my last check and credit cards so I answered a Carpet Shampooer ad turned out to be selling Kirby's. I gave it about four weeks sold two (one got repo'd so I didn't get paid) Could no longer afford the gas money plus the vehicle wear and tear so I through in the towel for what I've always regarded as a "sucky" job Now everything I have read thus far is making me realize how important learning sales actually is :bgh:

dsueck

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jan 26, 2008
That's truly an amazing story Can'tWait2!

Sometimes it takes hearing another's story to come to the realization that your life isn't really that terrible.

dbeck29

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Jan 4, 2008
great read!!! Your story is truly inspirational. Im sure it wasnt the easiest thing to write as it probably brought up some not so fond memories, but i want to thank you for sharing! Congrats on your success and may you and your family continue to reap the benefits of your long hard work and struggles.

PWog

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Feb 3, 2008
Nebraska
Great story, Cantwait2. :eusa_clap: Have you considered writing a book about your life?

Interesting words Cantwait2.

If I may ask, where are you now and what are you doing?

I second Pohutukawa's question. What's your next step from here?

PWog

Jeffs07

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Feb 24, 2008
Rockingham NC
Wow this story hits home for me in several ways. From the Kirby sales (got hired and never went in for training, family talked me out) to the drug use (my recent marijuana use) to losing the girl and then getting her back. A good woman is truly priceless. I was engaged to a wonderful girl and let my temper and pride drive us apart...

Rep +++++ bud

qwerety

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
May 26, 2008
Detroit, MI
Man that was an amazing read.
I thought I had/have hard times, but mine as almost nothing compared to what you went through. My story is not at the end yet but only the beginning.

cantwait2

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
716%
Aug 15, 2007
-
Thanks Querty and everyone else who has posted feedback...appreciate it :thumbsup::tiphat:

WheelsRCool

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Aug 12, 2007
Cantwait2, looong time no see, where've you been!? Or have you been here all along, just lurking...? Good to see you back :)

cantwait2

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
716%
Aug 15, 2007
-
Cantwait2, looong time no see, where've you been!? Or have you been here all along, just lurking...? Good to see you back :)

Hey wheels, I drop in from time to time and learn some new things from all the good info that gets passed around this forum...

Other than that I'm out there making it happen:fastlane:

rogerlum

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
May 20, 2008
Great story.
Question for you:
Through all your experiences up to this point, you had to choose to quit fruitless projects and keep pushing forward in other situations.
At those integral points what made you decide either to push forward or to move on?

G_Alexander

Does it Cash Flow?
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
941%
Jun 7, 2008
Thank you very much for your truly inspirational story Cantwait2.

I read the entire thing and I can't thank you enough for laying it all out there. I myself am 18 years old and I too have the largest aspirations for life out of anyone I know. I don't hope, but I do KNOW that someday I will be able to look back and tell my story like you told yours.

Thank you so much again for sharing. It was truly an amazing story.

-Alexander

cantwait2

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
716%
Aug 15, 2007
-
Great story.
Question for you:
Through all your experiences up to this point, you had to choose to quit fruitless projects and keep pushing forward in other situations.
At those integral points what made you decide either to push forward or to move on?
Self belief and tons of it :)

cantwait2

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
716%
Aug 15, 2007
-
Thank you very much for your truly inspirational story Cantwait2.

I read the entire thing and I can't thank you enough for laying it all out there. I myself am 18 years old and I too have the largest aspirations for life out of anyone I know. I don't hope, but I do KNOW that someday I will be able to look back and tell my story like you told yours.

Thank you so much again for sharing. It was truly an amazing story.

-Alexander
Thanks Alexander, appreciate it :icon_super:

lightning

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
Aug 24, 2007
Northern, NJ
I always enjoy reading your story Cantwait, I have referred back to it several times in the past year for inspiration and motivation in my own journey. :) Thank you again for posting it.

Giles

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Oct 11, 2007
Great story, just read it again :eusa_clap:
It's good to read a local story - being from NZ myself!

JayKim

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Sep 4, 2008
Colorado Springs
If there ever was a story that effected my life this was it!!!I cant say enough good things about what you wrote!! Thanks so much for not leaving out the dark parts either I have my own history of that too. Im driven to keep following this path im on and get past these hard times to reach those kinds of goals. TY!! God bless

dkt91

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Aug 15, 2008
Lima, Peru
Thank you so much for sharing that story!
I've just printed it and put in on my desk so I can read it at any time I want to motivate myself.

Take care!

cantwait2

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
716%
Aug 15, 2007
-
Thanks Guys, I take a lot of enjoyment from the fact that you are getting benefit from the story, to be honest it's a real buzz...thanks for your comments, much appreciated...

TaxGuy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Apr 28, 2008
Goodyear, AZ
A++++ Great story!!!! This is basically Life101, while there were extremes that most of us will never experience such as the early success in sales, the rock-bottom with drugs, debt and losing the girl, getting back on your feet only to hit more road-blocks and ultimately success, your life shows that "With Great Success, Comes Great Sacrifice"(I know I heard this somewhere so don't credit me), but as my HS football coach once said "Anything worth having is worth working for" and it's that hard work as well as sacrifice that makes the fruits of your labor so enjoyable and you deserve it!!!

Wow! Thank you for sharing that was an emotional roll-a-coaster that had me on the edge of my seat.

So I too sold Kurbies (and I thought it was shitty selling a $1,600 vaccum) and now I am wondering if I didn't shoot myself in the foot. I had quit my job and been out of work for a while living with a room mate paying bills with my last check and credit cards so I answered a Carpet Shampooer ad turned out to be selling Kirby's. I gave it about four weeks sold two (one got repo'd so I didn't get paid) Could no longer afford the gas money plus the vehicle wear and tear so I through in the towel for what I've always regarded as a "sucky" job Now everything I have read thus far is making me realize how important learning sales actually is :bgh:

I know I'm reaching for this one as it was posted a while back, but add to that... I wish I would've actually taken the jobs for Cutco, Quixtar and College Works Painters, but no use cryin over spilled milk :smx4:

Thankfully I work for CDW now so I am currentlty learning those intangible sales skills that will get me back on the fastlane, bottom line as we learned here is that you can never take life for granted and always have to have motivation to take the steps on the road to success :cool:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.