The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Stopping by after a proposal has been submitted

Share your FTE moment...

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Proposal was submitted to a company. Two follow ups were madeand the last one was told that they were in liingo on which product/service they were going to go with, the other product is something i do not offer at this time. Im going to be in their area tomorrow, would it be a good idea to show my face?

Im thinking yes go and push, but on the other hand i dont want to show up unexpected.... So i have no idea... anyone have any insight?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
As someone who manages a lot of vendors/partners, I would *not* be very happy if someone dropped by unexpectedly. I already have too much scheduled work to do to deal with unexpected stuff, and I'm guessing a lot of corporate decision makers are in the same boat. In fact, I would consider that move to be rather unprofessional.

So, my recommendation is to give the decision maker a call to see where the decision stands, and perhaps mention that you'll be in the area if he/she is interested in getting together to discuss.

This is what stopped me in the first place, this wass my thought. At this point there is no more discussion needed it is awaiting an approval from the owner.... thus if i stopped by im thinking my contact would kinda be upset being she doesnt know either way anyway. Im thinking another follow up email/phonecall would be in order at this point.

tbsells

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Jul 27, 2007
Ohio
Face time is always good when you're selling. It can't hurt.

I stand corrected. After reading JScott's post I see it differently. I've never been in the corporate world. I think his perspective on this is more valuable than mine.

My original answer was based upon my experience selling residential real estate. 99% of the time those people want to hear from you more. Buying a home is a big deal to them and they need to feel they are important and that their needs are being met. So, in that situation more communication is almost always better. I can see that B2B is different.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

CEBenz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Apr 16, 2011
Tacoma, Wa
I agree with JScott. Where I work, it drives us nuts when people show unexpectedly, particularly if its a sales call. Most times they want to sell us something by claiming it'll save us money, and not once, when the numbers have been run, have they been able to.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.