• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

Stopping by after a proposal has been submitted

Discussion in 'Business Models, Niches, Industries' started by LightHouse, Feb 6, 2008.

1. LightHouse

LightHouse Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $30,733
    Proposal was submitted to a company. Two follow ups were madeand the last one was told that they were in liingo on which product/service they were going to go with, the other product is something i do not offer at this time. Im going to be in their area tomorrow, would it be a good idea to show my face?

Im thinking yes go and push, but on the other hand i dont want to show up unexpected.... So i have no idea... anyone have any insight?

2. tbsells

tbsells Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $56
    Face time is always good when you're selling. It can't hurt.

3. JScott

JScott Legendary Contributor FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $46,437
    As someone who manages a lot of vendors/partners, I would *not* be very happy if someone dropped by unexpectedly. I already have too much scheduled work to do to deal with unexpected stuff, and I'm guessing a lot of corporate decision makers are in the same boat. In fact, I would consider that move to be rather unprofessional.

So, my recommendation is to give the decision maker a call to see where the decision stands, and perhaps mention that you'll be in the area if he/she is interested in getting together to discuss.

4. LightHouse

LightHouse Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $30,733
    This is what stopped me in the first place, this wass my thought. At this point there is no more discussion needed it is awaiting an approval from the owner.... thus if i stopped by im thinking my contact would kinda be upset being she doesnt know either way anyway. Im thinking another follow up email/phonecall would be in order at this point.

5. tbsells

tbsells Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $56
    I stand corrected. After reading JScott's post I see it differently. I've never been in the corporate world. I think his perspective on this is more valuable than mine.

My original answer was based upon my experience selling residential real estate. 99% of the time those people want to hear from you more. Buying a home is a big deal to them and they need to feel they are important and that their needs are being met. So, in that situation more communication is almost always better. I can see that B2B is different.

6. CEBenz

CEBenz Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $383
    I agree with JScott. Where I work, it drives us nuts when people show unexpectedly, particularly if its a sales call. Most times they want to sell us something by claiming it'll save us money, and not once, when the numbers have been run, have they been able to.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.