The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Stick With One Product, Or Sell Two?

Threads with an onging chat or conversation

mikecarlooch

Apprentice & Student Of The Game
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
347%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida
I want to start off by saying I've been posting a lot on this forum and I'm super grateful for everyone that is replying to my posts with amazing value. I hope I can give you value in return one day!

Anyways, I have a large audience of teenagers on social media and I put a lot of time into making a sales page for a fitness course and I've also put a lot of time into making a membership site (which im more in favor of) and I'm wondering if you guys would hone in on just ONE of these or if you'd try to sell both of them to an audience at the same time. Thank you.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Both? I assume course would be a higher ticker item than membership which is more affordable.

Kybalion

Renegade Master
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
247%
Oct 5, 2018
You should sell both but not on the same sales page. Read about upsells/downsells - essentially you want them to buy the course, and then instead of thank you page redirect them to the upsell/downsell page (for the membership), so they can upgrade their order (ideally without adding their credit card details another time).

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I want to start off by saying I've been posting a lot on this forum and I'm super grateful for everyone that is replying to my posts with amazing value. I hope I can give you value in return one day!

Anyways, I have a large audience of teenagers on social media and I put a lot of time into making a sales page for a fitness course and I've also put a lot of time into making a membership site (which im more in favor of) and I'm wondering if you guys would hone in on just ONE of these or if you'd try to sell both of them to an audience at the same time. Thank you.
Can they get access to the course when they signup to the membership, maybe all in one go or drip fed?

I prefer subscription based products and services to one off sales.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

mikecarlooch

Apprentice & Student Of The Game
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
347%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida
Can they get access to the course when they signup to the membership, maybe all in one go or drip fed?

I prefer subscription based products and services to one off sales.
Hi Andy! Thanks for the response. Recurring charge is currently $8.95 to join the group membership. Do you think that making the course, adding it to what you get when you join the club, then upping the price to $49.95/month is a better way to go?

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Hi Andy! Thanks for the response. Recurring charge is currently $8.95 to join the group membership. Do you think that making the course, adding it to what you get when you join the club, then upping the price to $49.95/month is a better way to go?
It sounds like you mean a community when you said membership (which is cool, I just misunderstood).

Lots of ways to do this. Your market will let you know what it is willing to pay for.

It’s for teenagers to get fit? I wonder if $50/mth might be too much for that demographic when it’s not a membership designed to make them money. I’m not in this space so take what I say with a pinch of salt.

Maybe check out Laurel Portié’s business model. She has 1,300+ in her Facebook group where members pay $7/mth to learn video marketing. They have access to courses for that level. She then has higher priced group coaching levels, and then DFY services. She fills up her lowest price tier and it trickles through to her highest priced tiers. Note that she started at the highest priced tiers first and built out the lower priced tiers over time.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.