The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

EXECUTION Starting A Video Marketing Company .

I AM THE SENATE

Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
May 16, 2017
I have a reputation as a decent video producer/editor, which is great, but there is no room for growth or promotion at my day job. I'd like to see if I can grow a profitable online video marketing agency over the course of the next year. I'm starting out small, at square one. I currently have a simple website with a portfolio of my work. I have a handful of my own freelance clients in the last year who really love my work. My goal for this month is very small this month.

My skillsets:
Video Production
Graphic Design
Social ad creation and simple social campaigns.
Basic sales skills.

Goal 1. - Earn $500 -Deadline December 31st.

Action : Picked my targets.
1. I narrowed down my first three targets. Clients A B and C. I've decided on Client A. He's fresh off of getting a great response on the last video I made for him.
2. I picked 3 services I can sell him.
3. I've started putting my pitch together. Gathering images and logos.
4. Trawled through Upwork looking for video editing gigs. Only found one worth bidding on.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Andy Black

Any colour, as long as it's red.
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I have a reputation as a decent video producer/editor, which is great, but there is no room for growth or promotion at my day job. I'd like to see if I can grow a profitable online video marketing agency over the course of the next year. I'm starting out small, at square one. I currently have a simple website with a portfolio of my work. I have a handful of my own freelance clients in the last year who really love my work. My goal for this month is very small this month.

My skillsets:
Video Production
Graphic Design
Basic sales skills.

1. I narrowed down my first three targets. Clients A B and C. I've decided on Client A. He's fresh off of getting a great response on the last video I made for him.
4. Trawled through Upwork looking for video editing gigs. Only found one worth bidding on.
Also check out marketing agencies who might have clients in need of videos.

“Who already has your clients?” (Jay Abraham)

Andy Black

Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I always thought hotels would be a good industry to offer video marketing for.

People who churn out YouTube content (and are making money from it) might pay to outsource.

Online course creators could be another (big!) segment of potential clients.

Do you use Loom or Dubb or similar? I create quick videos daily that I send to my team, clients, and prospects. I’ve got 98 videos in my Loom account. They’re so easy to do and they work great.

I’m looking to do video marketing for our clients too. I already have the skills in-house and just need to apply them to our clients.

Andy Black

Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
May 20, 2014
Ireland
So you already have freelance clients and your goal is earn an extra $500 this month?

What about signing up a client for monthly recurring revenue (MRR)? Can you signup a client to do a video a week for $500/mth?

Nicoknowsbest

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
Mar 31, 2014
Austria
Hi @I AM THE SENATE.

My skillsets:
Video Production
Graphic Design
Basic sales skills.

Well done on your progress.

Would you focus on your local market?

If not, how would you deal with the production side of video?

So you already have freelance clients and your goal is earn an extra $500 this month?

What about signing up a client for monthly recurring revenue (MRR)? Can you signup a client to do a video a week for $500/mth?
Think about who needs videos done on a monthly basis?

As @Andy Black pointed out, Youtubers might.

Hotels, course creators etc. are more on the one-off side.

At the beginning, any type of revenue feels good.

Maybe you can think about MRR right from day one though?

OP
OP
I AM THE SENATE

I AM THE SENATE

Contributor
May 16, 2017
So I pitched all three clients. I put together decks and stopped by in person. Everyone passed because of the holiday, slow sales, "let's talk in the new year, etc." Time to move on to plan B. Moving from local to online.

sparechange

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver/Calgary)
Cold call the hell out of people offering your services / send out emails.

If someone offered to help market some of my older products for a good price I probably wouldn't say no. Target newer/smaller startups imo, maybe even do some free work for recommendations.

In the past I had some issues shooting a marketing video which ended up looking absolutely horrible..lol fun times

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
I bought 4 of his courses about freelancing / copywriting. I'm halfway through the first. The...

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom